The Broadway Jazz Club
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Broadway Jazz Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebroadwayjazzclub.com/
- Phone: 8162986316
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday: 4:00pm - 1:30am, Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Richard Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights a week -Tuesday nights through Saturday nights. Closed on Sunday and Monday
A word from The Broadway Jazz Club
Night time Jazz club and restaurant. Live jazz Tuesday through Saturday (closed Sunday and Monday) along with full dinner menu and bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Broadway Jazz Club - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
The Broadway Jazz Club reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (25)great for brunch (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (12)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Food, music, service and atmosphere were great we were not expecting the live music at the time we ate but we were pleasantly surprised. We will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchmore2meDined on 10/12/2014I found the restaurant to be intimate. Great service. Good Brunch food. Comfortable seating though the banquet was a bit soft. Nice drink specials list. Lovely Jazz entertainment, especially for a Brunch.Special Features:
- goodeatsDined on 9/28/2014We'll be back. Good brunch and great prices! Nice cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impressed!IluvefoodDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing! The service was very good. They were so friendly and helpful. The band was very good. We were seated right in front of the stage so we had the perfect view of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE EXPERIENCEJAZZYDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed the ambiance. Band was good. Singer was entertaining as well.Special Features:
- Still a good timesmallwkndrDined on 9/26/2014Opening trio was outstanding! Headliner singer was good too, though my husband swore he heard a song twice... maybe they all just started sounding alike. Still turned out to be excellent evening of Honey Time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable Eveningfmh2004Dined on 9/19/2014Second time dining at Broadway Jazz Club and listening to great music. Darcie our server was fantastic. The food was excellent. We ordered everything from a burger to entrees and all was excellent.Special Features:
- Love the Sunday BrunchTiptonVIPDined on 8/31/2014This place has pretty good food--a lot better than you might expect from a pure jazz club. At least for brunch, it exceeded my expectations in every way--it was cleaner, had better ambiance, better food, great service (incl. accommodating kids), and great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Morning Surprise!AngieDined on 8/24/2014I attended Sunday Brunch, didn't know how the food or anything was going to be. Read about 'The Broadway Jazz Club ' Sunday Brunch on the website. I was pleasantly surprise! The jazz group was wonderful, the food was good, however, I would suggest having fresh brewed coffee instead of instant. The service was okay, good for the number of people in the restaurant and having only (2) servers. Overall it was a good experience and I had a good time! Yes, I would go back! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz Brunch!LuvsomjazzDined on 8/24/2014Great brunch selections and fantastic music! Brunch and Jazz a great combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeDateDinerDined on 8/20/2014Good music (great variety with different performers every night), good food, good drinks, good desert, fun ambience, and great service!Special Features:
- A jazz venue to discover in K.C.BeaverDined on 8/20/2014The Broadway jazz club as a great little find if one is looking for a varied selection of talented jazz performers in Kansas City. I recently attended a performance by a female ensemble led by Angela Hagenbach and backed up by a quartet of very talented musicians. They were outstanding in every way and it was so nice to discover them-they need to be better known in this city and I believe the Broadway Jazz CLub is undertaking a much needed void in this city by presenting some of the great talent that Kansas City has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAirBabuVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great meal, good music, exceptional cocktails, suburb service. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Great for brunchTGW1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Brunch with music. Both were excellent! Very pleased with performance, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room to growkcmo57VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food decent. Service slow. Jazz great! This place has potential - we'll be back.
- Amazing ExperienceLoveJazzMusicDined on 8/14/2014We went on a triple date to celebrate my parent's 25th anniversary. The food was amazing and the artists were superb. It was a great time to unwind and catch up with one another. Our waitress was a little slow with bringing our bottles of wine, taking our order, and refilling water. However, it did not ruin our night. Wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Poor service but the owner did comp the dinner. Food only fair, seemed like it was 'nuked'.
- Good BrunchBatesyDined on 7/27/2014The food and music were good but the place was almost empty.Special Features:
- Definitely enjoyeddonaldabDined on 7/23/2014We had solid service while here. It got a little chaotic during set breaks, but that made sense. We tried the beef kabobs (delicious), the wings (very little to no wing sauce, but good fried wings), and potato soup (I liked it a lot, but my husband thought it had a little more sour cream than he'd like - which is any). The martinis weren't cheap but were well made, and I generally don't expect a cheap martini in the first place. The music was great (Millie Edwards) and at a good volume level. We definitely plan to go back and try even more of the menu!Special Features:
- Jazz brunch? Great idea!ride2eatDined on 7/20/2014We had been to Broadway Jazz Club in the evening previously and were intrigued by a Jazz Brunch. It was great! The menu selection was outstanding. It will take several more trips just to try the dishes that made the final selection difficult. The staff was attentive and friendly. The entertainment was great, as usual for BJC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz BrunchTiptonVIPDined on 7/20/2014It's a jazz club, so we were going for the music experience, but I was pleasantly surprised by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyDined on 7/18/2014Extremely friendly and attentive staff. All of our dinners were exceptional, but dessert was a bit of a let down. The jazz ensemble performing was outstanding. 9/10 - will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Average fareTomBinKCDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to the Broadway Jazz Club. The music (Angela Hagenbach) was great. The drinks were fine. The food was less than average. We had some small plates - lamb pops, chicken wings, fried seafood, and truffle fries. It was greasy, overcooked, and way overpriced. We may come back to see future entertainers but will definitely have dinner elsewhere.
- Great Food, Great Music!JosephRDined on 7/5/2014We discovered the Broadway Jazz Club because we're big fans of Molly Hammer and she was appearing there. However, I must say that we've dined in a lot of places in KC and hands down, the BJC has the best steak in town! The service is excellent - attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Sons of Brazil...Latin Jazz rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Love going to go to this restaurant/jazz club to hear one of our favorite groups...the Sons of Brazil.Special Features:
- Good experienceJazzFanDined on 6/28/2014We happened to come to celebrate our anniversary. They were a bit short staffed that night, however the owner was very accomodating and helpful. He even treated us to a couple of glasses of Champagne which was a nice touch! The food was good , and the music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Musicfmh2004Dined on 6/28/2014Enjoyable evening with great food while listening to some great Kansas City jazz. Was a bit concerned the noise level would be so loud you wouldn't be able to have a conversation but my fears were unfounded. The music level was perfect. Started with several appetizers and drinks then progressed to entrees. Service wained a bit as the dinner progressed. Two servers for the entire restaurant was probably too thin. Would give the place another opportunity.Special Features:
- Great jazz spot last x for M/T jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Great food, just tad slower than usual for taking our orders. I had the shrimp appetizer, just fabulous and I think there were 6 large prawns. G,Spates trio was amazing, as usual for our musical treat. No cover, a great place to celebrate a birthday with friends. Keep up the great work, I love coming down for dinner & jazz.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the The Broadway Jazz Club reviews archive.
- FantasticStLouisDined on 6/21/2014Myself and my wife came for the first time Saturday June 21 to celebrate our 1 Anniversary we had dinner which was delicious and set back and enjoyed the Jazz music. We were visiting Kansas City for our anniversary and your place was to me by a co-worker in St. Louis. I ill recommend I to my friends in St. Louis who visit Kansas City. Thank you for a Great time.Special Features:
- A Great EveningPattyDined on 6/18/2014We were seated on time and received prompt service; the salmon dinner was very good, and the entertainment was outstanding. I highly recommend this club for a fun evening -- you'll get your money's worth!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014The reason we went to Broadway Jazz Club was to hear one of our favorite music groups. What we found was a pleasant surprise that the food was really great.Special Features:
- ModocVIPDined on 6/10/2014Don't eat steak often, but the charcoal grilled filet mignon was wonderful! Actually went there for the music and quite surprised at the quality of the food and its presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highs and lows...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I did find the unannounced cover a bit off putting. I'm fine with a cover, just let me know ahead of time that there is one! Not on any of the promotional material. So, $15.00 cover paid. We were seated rather close to the stage and had some concerns regarding volume...our concerns were unfounded. In fact, we had to ask for Ms. McBeth's mic to be turned up as we had to strain to hear her over the band - which was good - but we came to hear Ms. McBeth. We ordered two appetizers: truffle fries, and garlic grilled shrimp cocktail. The truffle fries would have been better just as fries! But all in all were okay. The garlic shrimp had to have been cooked last week. They were awful. With a funny taste...not grilled or garlic.Special Features:
- A Great date night!rickyb321Dined on 5/31/2014The Broadway Jazz Club was really enjoyable! The live music was great and so was the food! The Joe Cartwright Trio was really great and we hung out and waited for Megan Birdsall to perform. We really enjoyed her set, super talented young lady! The waitress was really good. The owner even went to every table to introduce himself and see how we were doing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angela triumphs againMaggieLDined on 5/24/2014Angela sang her heart out. We stayed for two sets. I got one of her old albums as a keepsake which she graciously signed. The acoustics of the club were good and the volume of the singing was just right to allow for conversation. Will try to reserve sooner and get a better table closer to her next time. The food was good but slightly overpriced. The server was bumbling and I kept feeling that he was going to drop my food and drink on my lap. My strawberry daquiri came in a small martini glass and was only rum. Surprised about the cover charge since we were clearly there for dinner and drinks for two. Our bill should have been high enough to outdo the cover charge. Still I will go back and recommend the place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for StudentsJazzEducatorDined on 5/23/2014I recently took my jazz students to Kansas City from Omaha for a weekend of jazz culture and we started things off great with an evening at the Broadway Jazz Club! Our tables were ready to go when we got there and my students could see and hear the band very well. Great service, great venue, great music. Get up and go support this venue and the musicians who play there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- klibenVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful evening at The Broadway Jazz Club. We were in from out of town and were looking for a good place to listen to jazz. The band was great, as was the food. The service was excellent. For appetizers, my husband and I shared the truffle fries and teriyaki chicken kabobs. The fries were thin cut and rich. They were a little on the salty side, but that's expected with the parmesan. The chicken kabobs were large, and the teriyaki flavor was just right. My husband had the herb grilled salmon for dinner, and he really enjoyed it. I had the berry spinach salad, which was plenty along with the appetizers. We will definitely go again the next time we're in KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!zr6wannabeDined on 5/2/2014Lots of fun! The Dave Stephens Band was a special treat- Lonnie McFadden, Mark Lowery and others got up and performed as well. A great time with friends. As busy as it was we were a bit removed from the stage (long lineal setup not ideal for spectators). Enjoyed the night, and look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz and DinnergpatDined on 5/2/2014The show with the Dave Stephens Band was extraordinary as special guests including Angela Hagenbach, Mark Lowry, Lonnie McFadden, and Barclay Martin sat in. Our seats were great and the a acoustics were a ten. Mathew our waiter was top notch. and the food was very good. When a cocktail was not right both my wife and are were given a free cocktail each without asking. Jazz lovers should go and make reservations near the stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, a great jazz supper clubJazzguyDined on 4/30/2014Great food combines with great music in an intimate space to make this KC's premiere jazz supper club. From the comfy banquette seating, you get a great view of the stage from anywhere in the room. The food is very good, the music top drawer. It's dinner and entertainment in one great place (and easy to park).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.