2152 N Damen
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebristolchicago.com/
- Phone: 7738625555x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Pandel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Bristol
The Bristol offers a locally-sourced and seasonal menu designed by Chef Chris Pandel. The diverse menu includes bar snacks, daily specials, a rotating chalkboard menu featuring nose-to-tail cooking, charcuterie and 5th Quarter offerings focusing on sustainable foodstuffs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bristol reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (58)hot spot (53)romantic (48)good for groups (41)notable wine list (38)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Interesting and deliciousMichellechicagoVIPDined on 10/21/2014This restaurant is beautiful. Love the intimate size of the room, romantic lighting, warm wood tables and metal mixed in. Drink menu included their fall cocktail menu, the amphion was perfectly created. We also tried the white IPA. Dinner for 3 and they happily took our friends luggage to put aside. Menu is changed daily it seems, there were only 2 pasta dishes listed in comparison to all I saw online. Tried the monkey bread, cardoon, dumplings, brisket starters...all were great. We all split the steak, chicken & raviolo. Chicken stood out the most, it was crispy and juicy at the same time. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRyanDined on 10/20/2014Loved the ambiance, the food, cocktails, and the service. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The Bristol continues to impress. I've been going here for years and I've never had a bad meal. Brought a friend for their first time and they were blown away! Everything: food, cocktails, awesome wine list is fantastic!Special Features:
- doublepawDined on 10/17/2014Excellent, creative food combinations and flavors. Staff highly professional and friendly. We loved it. Be sure to get the apple cake desert. I forget the exact name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous little placeLindalegsiomDined on 10/16/2014Fantastic food, flavor, presentation and choice. Great wine list, fantastic service. This place never lets you down. A favoriteSpecial Features:
- Always a winner!ChitownSueDined on 10/15/2014Having had dinner here many times, I have a few favorites on the menu that I keep coming back to and they never disappoint. The new items on the menu were even better - if that is possible! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/5/2014Went to dinner here based on all the great reviews, however the evening we went the kitchen was seriously off. Everything we ordered was NOT appetizing except for the Duck Fat Fries. The trout was the highlight, but only mediocre at best. The server was fine. Sorry, but won't be back.
- One of my favoritessverocVIPDined on 10/5/2014The Bristol had been recommended by several foodie friends as my boyfriend is a chef. When chefs recommend a place, you usually have high expectations. And they were right. The food is phenomenal. And their cocktails... don't even get me started. Every time I've gone, I leave more than satisfied and far too full, but that's not a real complaint. I wish this place a very long and healthy life!Special Features:
- mangebienDined on 10/4/2014wonderful food from starters to dessert. creative without being fussy. excellent friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentConcertgalVIPDined on 9/28/2014Great combination of foods. Great taste with enough edge to be interesting & playful. Service was fantastic. The servers know what they are serving and what makes each dish a must order. This is your place you like good food done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill relaxingDisappointedVIPDined on 9/27/2014This place is a great place to catch up with friends. Its not too loud and easy to talk. It has good food too! The starters and snacks were the best part!Special Features:
- Great cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the halibut collar and the flat iron steak. Would skip the Parisian gnocchi next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Hope this restaurant never changes a thing. I continue to bring family, out of town company here, any special occasion opportunity here. The food is exceptional and never abandons quality. I'm shocked that this isn't consistently rated higher than girl n the goat - actually I hope it never is, lets keep this place sacred. Also love all of the Somm's wine recommendations, keeps everything so fresh and exciting! The winter is actually more bearable now that the roasted chicken will come with spaetzle again, cant wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB-The BristolReggie1Dined on 9/20/2014Great first experience! Cool spot-amazing waiter! The sharing menu was creative-Monkey Bread-the salads-fried avacado-chicken and pasta outstanding!Special Features:
- Always deliciousAJ87Dined on 9/19/2014I love the Bristol! The food is always delicious here...definitely try the apple manchego salad, but you can't go wrong with any item on the menu. It goes without saying that the basque cake is a must.Special Features:
- Excellent Farm to table meal!PreshowDinerDined on 9/15/2014Delicious, fresh, original food. Prompt, pleasant, courteous service. Wonderful wine. I'm visiting from Dallas on business and found it to be a great find. Reminds me a bit of FT33 in Dallas.Special Features:
- Always goodJennyGDined on 9/14/2014My family took me for brunch on my birthday there last Sunday. They were out of many items when we arrived at 2PM, which made ordering a challenge. The service was not as smooth as usual---my husbands main course arrived 15 minutes after everyone else's and he had to ask twice for his side orders which were forgotten. The food is always delicious, which made up for the glitches, but I couldn't wait to get out since it was loud and crowded.Special Features:
- service slow, food coldOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2014Came for a late brunch on Sunday. Service was incredibly slow and my chilaquiles came out cooler than room temperature. I've had better meals here, so hopefully this was a fluke. But not planning to return anytime soon.
- LafDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014I have eaten dinner here many times and love it. I have to say brunch was a disappointment. The hangover breakfast in particular was bad. The broth was good but the noodles were way undercooked and everything else was a bit nasty. Stick with dinner.
- Farm to Table FunSchiaramonteDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant focuses on farm to table and they know their stuff. We sampled a little bit from each of the menu sections and we're not disappointed. We shared everything family style, left satisfied, but not overly full. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better in its earlier yearsbethuVIPDined on 9/12/2014I hadn't been to Bristol in a couple of years & was looking forward to eating some of my fave small plates. I returned to find their menu changed. Pasta is now offered which I thought diminished its uniqueness. I had the halibut collar with vegetables-- very salty & slightly overdone. We also had the chacuterie plate which was a mix of good & just so-so. The steak we shared though was outstanding which should be at $32. No we won't be back there. I'm sad that it's not as good as its first years when every plate was distinctive & deliciously pleasing making Bristol THE innovative farm-to-table restaurant. BTW the server took the fish dish off our bill w/c proved they're still quite earnest about providing a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday experienceAlexVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were greeted with a birthday card signed by the staff sitting on the table! The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Highlights were the raviolo, the crudités, monkey bread, duck fat fries, steak and chicken dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesKPchicagoVIPDined on 9/10/2014I had been wanting to try this place forever, and finally did so with a friend. Everything was good, but if skip the tempura avocado next time. It was good, but nothing special. The prawns were my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so consistently goodafa1Dined on 9/6/2014I live basically across the street from The Bristol and go there often. I always take out of town guests there as I know it will not disappoint. Every party I have recommended the Bristol to has loved it. That kind of trust is the highest praise I can give a restaurant. Even though I never really order chicken in restaurants in favor of beef or seafood, I crave this chicken like nothing else. It is always just perfect. The cocktails are delicious as well and the staff is so considerate of food allergies etc. You just can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Fine, well curated wine list.kings2020Dined on 9/3/2014This farm to table family-style place is doing a lot of things right. There were some very exciting wines, and overall the menu and drink offerings were current and intelligent. I think the food is slightly out of focus, in execution. It's the height of the local growing season - the vegetables didn't pop, the herbs didn't really shine - it's the time of year when those ingredients should really be flavorful and in focus, and while everything was good, nothing sang. After the meal, everyone remembered the wine clearly, but no one really remembered what we ate. Our server was generous with her time and got the vibe and pace of our business dinner exactly right. Our meal was September 3, 2014.Special Features:
- Not To Be MissedNanLeighVIPDined on 8/30/2014The great thing about The Bristol is the ever changing menu. If they're on the menu when you visit, do not miss the Avocado Tempura, Melon Salad, and Halibut Collar. However, EVERYTHING is excellent, so it truly doesn't matter what you order. All of the servers are very helpful and will answer any questions you have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulchadestepDined on 8/28/2014We had the duck fat fries, baba ghanoush, parisian gnocchi, and the chorizo verde. All of the dishes were absolutely wonderful, and even our least favorite of the bunch (the chorizo verde) would be the best dish available at a lesser restaurant. I could seriously eat my weight in the parisian gnocchi and duck fat fries. My god they were fantastic. Also, try their pear and elderflower cocktail. So delicious.Special Features:
- Mediocre and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I went to the Bristol many years ago when I was in Chicago and loved the duck fat fries and chicken. This time around the food was really mediocre, the wine was bad, and when all was said and done our tab was $140 for two people including two drinks each (glasses of wine are $12-$14). It's rare that I feel like a dinner out isn't worth it, but in this case, I wish we'd gone somewhere less expensive and more fulfilling instead.Special Features:
- DisappointedjailiDined on 8/24/2014I really wanted to love the restaurant. After looking at great reviews, I came with two cousins that were visiting from out-of-state. We ordered the duck fries, chilaquiles, smoked ham benedict and chicken and biscuit. The chilaquiles was bland, the smoked ham benedict was bland and the chicken and biscuit was bland and sweet. We asked for salt and both times it was not working. I don't think we touched more than a third of our food. The only saving grace was the duck fries. I can understand one dish off out of the three. But all three were off. Disappointed.
- Good Atmosphere/Uninspired DishesChinorthDined on 8/23/2014The location of the Bristol is on the edge of the Wicker Park which is easy to locate but unfortunately is isolated from the energy and nightlife of the other establishments further south on Ashland. Upon entering the dim lighting and intimate atmosphere do induce a romantic feel to converse over a glass of wine. However, the food left much to be desired in spite of the numerous good reviews which I read. We ordered the stuffed olives and baba ghanoush as appetizers as well as the risoto and lake trout. All the dishes we ordered were disappointingly bland and lacking any imagination in their preparation. If you are looking to dine in an intimate setting with friendly staff but flavorless & unispried food the Bristol is your place.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!DisappointedDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary by going to The Bristol for the first time. It was DELISH! Please keep the smoked yukon potato on the menu forever - it was that good. My partner is vegetarian and they had a nice variety of veggie-friendly options. Our server was friendly and helped us navigate the menu. Overall, we had a great time and really enjoyed our meal. Can't recommend this place enough!
- A special placeMonkVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our entire family loves The Bristol. We all agree that it is our favorite restaurant and we always enjoy introducing friends because everyone finds it to be outstanding.Special Features:
- Go with a group!HarvestDined on 8/11/2014We went for a birthday celebration with a party of 5. I would highly suggest this because we got to get a lot of different things and split them all. The roasted chicken and the gnocchi was each of our favorites. I can not wait to go back. Wait staff was extremely attentive, almost a little too much.Special Features:
- Great Gastro-PubChiFoodGuyDined on 8/11/2014The Bristol is a bit of a tweener. Not fine dining, but certainly some fine dishes. Not a particular cuisine per se, but some dishes that rival that of more traditional fare. If you are a fan of eclectic, creative, well-executed dishes with a surprise available on a specials list....can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- AmaZing brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014One of the best I ever had. Pastry board is insanely delicious. Coffee? Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!RevenuegirlDined on 8/3/2014This is a little trendy joint with excellent customer service and delicious food. The quiche was mouthwatering and they have great Moscow Mules. I'd recommend it but suggest reservations'.Special Features:
- Duck fat fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Enough said. Also, they put cinnamon in their ketchup and it tastes like love and childhood.Special Features:
- Worth itcheech1006VIPDined on 8/2/2014A bit pricey, but worth it for a really outstanding brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting The Bristol!SashaVIPDined on 8/1/2014My niece just moved into the same block the restaurant is on and has eaten here before. Gave it rave reviews so we had to try it out. What an awesome evening. Not only the food but our waitress, Jolene, was both knowledgeable and engaging. She helped make it a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Lived near this restaurant for about a year and finally made a reservation for it. Not impressed with the food. Drinks were good.