2152 N Damen
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebristolchicago.com/
- Phone: 7738625555x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Pandel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Bristol
The Bristol offers a locally-sourced and seasonal menu designed by Chef Chris Pandel. The diverse menu includes bar snacks, daily specials, a rotating chalkboard menu featuring nose-to-tail cooking, charcuterie and 5th Quarter offerings focusing on sustainable foodstuffs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bristol reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (110)special occasion (74)great for brunch (58)romantic (57)hot spot (49)good for groups (46)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Not To Be MissedNanLeighVIPDined on 8/30/2014The great thing about The Bristol is the ever changing menu. If they're on the menu when you visit, do not miss the Avocado Tempura, Melon Salad, and Halibut Collar. However, EVERYTHING is excellent, so it truly doesn't matter what you order. All of the servers are very helpful and will answer any questions you have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulchadestepDined on 8/28/2014We had the duck fat fries, baba ghanoush, parisian gnocchi, and the chorizo verde. All of the dishes were absolutely wonderful, and even our least favorite of the bunch (the chorizo verde) would be the best dish available at a lesser restaurant. I could seriously eat my weight in the parisian gnocchi and duck fat fries. My god they were fantastic. Also, try their pear and elderflower cocktail. So delicious.Special Features:
- Mediocre and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I went to the Bristol many years ago when I was in Chicago and loved the duck fat fries and chicken. This time around the food was really mediocre, the wine was bad, and when all was said and done our tab was $140 for two people including two drinks each (glasses of wine are $12-$14). It's rare that I feel like a dinner out isn't worth it, but in this case, I wish we'd gone somewhere less expensive and more fulfilling instead.Special Features:
- DisappointedjailiDined on 8/24/2014I really wanted to love the restaurant. After looking at great reviews, I came with two cousins that were visiting from out-of-state. We ordered the duck fries, chilaquiles, smoked ham benedict and chicken and biscuit. The chilaquiles was bland, the smoked ham benedict was bland and the chicken and biscuit was bland and sweet. We asked for salt and both times it was not working. I don't think we touched more than a third of our food. The only saving grace was the duck fries. I can understand one dish off out of the three. But all three were off. Disappointed.
- Good Atmosphere/Uninspired DishesChinorthDined on 8/23/2014The location of the Bristol is on the edge of the Wicker Park which is easy to locate but unfortunately is isolated from the energy and nightlife of the other establishments further south on Ashland. Upon entering the dim lighting and intimate atmosphere do induce a romantic feel to converse over a glass of wine. However, the food left much to be desired in spite of the numerous good reviews which I read. We ordered the stuffed olives and baba ghanoush as appetizers as well as the risoto and lake trout. All the dishes we ordered were disappointingly bland and lacking any imagination in their preparation. If you are looking to dine in an intimate setting with friendly staff but flavorless & unispried food the Bristol is your place.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!DisappointedDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary by going to The Bristol for the first time. It was DELISH! Please keep the smoked yukon potato on the menu forever - it was that good. My partner is vegetarian and they had a nice variety of veggie-friendly options. Our server was friendly and helped us navigate the menu. Overall, we had a great time and really enjoyed our meal. Can't recommend this place enough!
- A special placeMonkVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our entire family loves The Bristol. We all agree that it is our favorite restaurant and we always enjoy introducing friends because everyone finds it to be outstanding.Special Features:
- Go with a group!HarvestDined on 8/11/2014We went for a birthday celebration with a party of 5. I would highly suggest this because we got to get a lot of different things and split them all. The roasted chicken and the gnocchi was each of our favorites. I can not wait to go back. Wait staff was extremely attentive, almost a little too much.Special Features:
- Great Gastro-PubChiFoodGuyDined on 8/11/2014The Bristol is a bit of a tweener. Not fine dining, but certainly some fine dishes. Not a particular cuisine per se, but some dishes that rival that of more traditional fare. If you are a fan of eclectic, creative, well-executed dishes with a surprise available on a specials list....can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- AmaZing brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014One of the best I ever had. Pastry board is insanely delicious. Coffee? Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!RevenuegirlDined on 8/3/2014This is a little trendy joint with excellent customer service and delicious food. The quiche was mouthwatering and they have great Moscow Mules. I'd recommend it but suggest reservations'.Special Features:
- Duck fat fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Enough said. Also, they put cinnamon in their ketchup and it tastes like love and childhood.Special Features:
- Worth itcheech1006VIPDined on 8/2/2014A bit pricey, but worth it for a really outstanding brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting The Bristol!SashaVIPDined on 8/1/2014My niece just moved into the same block the restaurant is on and has eaten here before. Gave it rave reviews so we had to try it out. What an awesome evening. Not only the food but our waitress, Jolene, was both knowledgeable and engaging. She helped make it a great experience!Special Features:
- Farmer to tableNancyVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went to brunch for our daughter's birthday and the food was delicious and I loved that everything was from local farms and very creative. I would love to come back to dinner. The menu on the wall looked particularly interesting and creative.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodfriendDined on 7/26/2014We were running late so we pushed our reservation back from 8:15-8:30 but then ended up waiting 30 minutes for our table to be ready once we arrived. Drinks at the bar were good and our waitress helped us move things along so we could make it to Second City on time (by 11pm). Give yourself plenty of time but it is worth it.Special Features:
- fabulousprginoVIPDined on 7/21/2014We ate late. The waiter was friendly and super helpful with information and suggestions. We loved the crudites, duck fat fries, monkey bread and the 2 pasta dishes we got. So friggin good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staffDeanman8Dined on 7/20/2014Nicholas helped guide us through our dining experience. It was our first, but definitely not out last time a The Bristol. We had a wonderful experience and can't wait to return on our next visit to ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday Night with the Guys!SwedeunnerDined on 7/19/2014The second time at Bristol after have had a fantastic brunch I wanted to try it for dinner on a Saturday evening at 8pm. We got seated immidiately and service was stellar with great detail and help with beverage pairing with both beer and wine. We also had the great coctails that they offer. The high light was the halibut collars and the dessert, which was an elevated Snickers bar that blew us away. Will come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Very good food and very fun atmosphere; Would definitely head back. Check menu first, meals change often. Not traditional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Monkey Bread, Halibut Collar, meat sauce pasta, and chicken were the highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner, poor brunchSarahDined on 7/12/2014Hadn't been here for brunch yet but was excited to try it based on the delicious dinner I'd had. Ordered the ham benedict but the ham was gray... I felt nauseated after leaving.
- More veggies needed on brunch menuVP1015Dined on 7/6/2014The food was great, in particular, the chilaquiles were delicious. I would, however, appreciate more veggies and healthy options on the menu, even if it is just a few more options.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFineDiningDivaDined on 7/3/2014I was shockingly underwhelmed by The Bristol. After reading rave reviews about the restaurant, I was excited to go and was expecting excellent food and service. However, the service was sub par (waitress took so long to get our dessert order that I just decided to forego the course) and no dish that we ate was that spectacular. They were all just ok-- chorizo dish was odd, duck fat fries were over cooked, and halibut croquettes were very one note. Was very disappointed with my experience.Special Features:
- less than the sum of its partsmachetkoDined on 7/3/2014The beautifully described and tastefully presented food ought to have tasted better. A certain blandness and lack of spice pervaded almost all the dishes, save the duck fat fries.
- DisappointedchicagogirlVIPDined on 6/29/2014I've been to the Bristol before and had a good experience. This time I was very disappointed. It was hot in the restaurant, the food was just so so and our waitress was very ditzy. I wouldn't not go there for brunch again.
- terrible servicemisszeeDined on 6/28/2014I would rate lower, but do not want to offend the chef, or the guy who replenished our water every 2 minutes.Special Features:
- Bravo BristolOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014Outstanding service and delectable food! We cannot wait to return. Jolene, our server recommended a few dishes and the dessert, all of which were simply brilliant! Bravo Bristol for getting it all so right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at The BristolCrodgersDined on 6/26/2014We went for a work dinner and had an amazing time. The service was spot on and our waiter was very pleasant. The food was so good, I could not get enough of the Steak Tartare and the Fennel Chitarra pasta. The whole table enjoyed the Poire and Elderflower cocktail, we are still talking about it a week later. Overall one of the best meals I have had. I highly recommend this resturant, you wont be dissapointed!Special Features:
- just amazing!reniaDined on 6/26/2014Loved the foodand the waiter. We had a jolly time :)will recommend to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey tapasJakesthoughtsDined on 6/20/2014Honestly - this place is overly expensive. The service is pretty outstanding and the food is pretty good - but certainly not worth the cost.
- johnbVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was great with service to match. Our server, Thomas, was able to answer every question, and was available but not overbearing.
- DessertWorldTravelerDined on 6/13/2014We made specific reservations to come in for the Basque Cake for our dessert. Don't get me wrong - dinner at The Bristol is also fantastic. It's just that for our recent visit we went in only for this AMAZING dessert. If you haven't had it -- you need to. They had a lovely Tokaji to go along with it which was great. We're moving out of the city and selected The Bristol as our last stop on our farewell dining tour - well worth it.Special Features:
- great recommendationsrfbostonDined on 6/12/2014waiter suggestion that we order appetizers etc and share was terrific. Every dish was great and sharing made it a very enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but priceyAplatowskiVIPDined on 6/9/2014The service was great, food even better. Celebrated our anniversary with a wonderful night out that tickled our taste budsSpecial Features:
- Five star dining at two star price!VAnativeDined on 6/8/2014Originally, my friend who was hosting me in Chicago for the weekend wanted reservations at Girl and a Goat, but the wait list was ridiculous, so I did some research and chose the bristol. We were not disappointed! I got the hangover breakfast and it was DELICIOUS! One friend got the ham Benedict and it was superb, and my other friend ordered the quiche which was amazing as well. The little pots of tea are wel worth the $4, and overall the prices for the brunch menu were extremely reasonable. Would I return? ABSOLUTELY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasoned Chef Elevating BrunchSwedeunnerDined on 6/8/2014A much anticipated visit to the Bristol paid of with an explosion on the palate through the carnivorously appetizing smoked Gouda burger and a special order of an egg white omelet with lightly dressed arugula salad. The service was personal and paid close attention to details while the room was tight and we felt we sat at the same table as our neighbors. It would be great if it had long tables, which allows for discussion to flow over to strangers. I will visit again, soon!Special Features:
- The Bristol, always fantastic.eatstreatsDined on 6/8/2014The food is outstanding, as well as the drinks. The Bristol is on point every time. Period. Staff is awesome and friendly, too, they go above and beyond for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Ate there twice. After the first time we were excited to bring friends and go back. The second time was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceJesseGDined on 6/1/2014Nothing new here, The Bristol always delivers a great experience with their outstanding cocktail program and fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.