2152 N Damen
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebristolchicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 862-5555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Pandel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Bristol
The Bristol offers a locally-sourced and seasonal menu designed by Chef Chris Pandel. The diverse menu includes bar snacks, daily specials, a rotating chalkboard menu featuring nose-to-tail cooking, charcuterie and 5th Quarter offerings focusing on sustainable foodstuffs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bristol reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (120)neighborhood gem (82)special occasion (47)hot spot (47)romantic (44)good for groups (43)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (35)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Truly a gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2014My two girlfriends and I went here for a little early Thanksguving celebration before going separate ways to see family. We had one if the nicest meals we've had in the city. Every dish was a treat. We kept using the phrase well-balanced and sa boring every bite. We shared two starters, two pastas, and the chicken. Not a big fan of ordering chicken in restaurants, but this was great. And the cocktails are superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made for a great Saturday evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2014Service was very welcoming, knowledgeable, and allowed us time to catch up and enjoy a good cocktail before ordering. We didn't feel rushed and when the food was ordered and arrived, all items were very good. Each was prepared beautifully and very tasty. I was hesitant to select this restaurant due to what appeared to be a limited menu. Fear not, more great options than stomach space! Would highly recommend this restaurant for a good meal and great environment to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fooddria7321Dined on 11/13/2014Everything we ordered (aside from the polish sausage/mushroom dish) was delish.... And the basque cake for dessert! WOW! Great experience. Cocktails were yummy and creative, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2014We have been dining at The Bristol since opening, and this visit was nowhere near the prior visits in terms of food quality. The food wasn't bad, per se, but the kitchen appeared to be off its game this particular evening. Food doneness was an issue (way overdone one course, slightly underdone another), and the flavors seemed muted and a bit off. Perhaps it was the ongoing Bears-Packers game that was putting a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but I have had better experiences at The Bristol.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Tight sitting and a little noisy but off set by the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly lovely evening!sshapirVIPDined on 11/4/2014We went early, 6pm, so the restaurant was relatively quiet, compared with our last visit. The food was superb. I could make a whole meal of the monkey bread. Highly recommend the apple salad -- wonderful combination of fruit, marinated machengo cheese, watercress and toasted hazelnuts. The chicken was crisp and succulent. All dishes were presented beautifully. Our waiter was both knowledgeable and appropriate. A perfect meal!Special Features:
- John LeonardJohn1029Dined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed a really great Sunday evening date night. She had dined there several X's, my first. Great sharing plates and we loved it all. Candlelit and perfect for conversation. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTequilaDined on 11/2/2014Everything was great except for the service. They were very short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!cheezynonkVIPDined on 11/1/2014Top to bottom service was awesome. Food matched that and will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it for the pricesmangVIPDined on 11/1/2014We arrived about 30 min early before our other dining companion & wanted to have a drink at the bar. They kept insisting we could sit at our table (we continued to decline until our friend arrived). We were seated up stairs (SUPER loud- I would rec staying downstairs) & I don't think our server checked on us 1x while eating. The wrong app was brought to our table, plates were put down & then picked up, I ran out of water regularly & it was difficult to get the server's attention to order more drinks during the meal (she didn't seem to be overloaded with tables either). The steak was VERY salty- as if they salted it & again with the anchovy paste (too much salt for even a salt lover). Not worth the hype or cost. I will not be returning.
- Always fantasticBryanDined on 10/30/2014I've been to the Bristol about five times now, and every time it never ceases to impress. Delicious beer selections and great seasonal cocktails. The food is amazing and I love how the menu evolves every time I visit... there's always something new to try. Great place.Special Features:
- Most food good Wine List overpricedfoodandwineloverchgoVIPDined on 10/26/2014Most dishes were good, nothing was fabulous, and one dish, the brisket, was dry, under-garnished and under-sauced (and undersized, very small portion). The Wine List is significantly overpriced. There was one red wine for $39, everything else was $44 and up, with most in the $50's,$60's,$70's. We had a Cote de Rhone for $$49 that was drinkable but undistinguished in every way and should have been about $34.
- Love it hereajdonnellyDined on 10/25/2014This is one of our go-to restaurants. The food is great, service outstanding, and we love going here. My wife has pretty severe food allergies, and the staff goes out of their way to make her welcome and accommodate her needs. I'm consistently amazed that they do so good of a job, and are so kind and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We came here for a fall afternoon brunch after reading that it was one of the best in the city. We were shocked to see that we didn't in fact need reservations. The service was great, and they opened up the sliding front wall so that we could enjoy the gorgeous fall day. My husband ordered the hangover dish and loved it, and I ordered eggs, toast, potatoes and sausage. The potatoes are amazing! Overall, it was a lovely, laid back, fall afternoon.Special Features:
- Interesting and deliciousMichellechicagoVIPDined on 10/21/2014This restaurant is beautiful. Love the intimate size of the room, romantic lighting, warm wood tables and metal mixed in. Drink menu included their fall cocktail menu, the amphion was perfectly created. We also tried the white IPA. Dinner for 3 and they happily took our friends luggage to put aside. Menu is changed daily it seems, there were only 2 pasta dishes listed in comparison to all I saw online. Tried the monkey bread, cardoon, dumplings, brisket starters...all were great. We all split the steak, chicken & raviolo. Chicken stood out the most, it was crispy and juicy at the same time. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRyanDined on 10/20/2014Loved the ambiance, the food, cocktails, and the service. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The Bristol continues to impress. I've been going here for years and I've never had a bad meal. Brought a friend for their first time and they were blown away! Everything: food, cocktails, awesome wine list is fantastic!Special Features:
- doublepawDined on 10/17/2014Excellent, creative food combinations and flavors. Staff highly professional and friendly. We loved it. Be sure to get the apple cake desert. I forget the exact name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous little placeLindalegsiomDined on 10/16/2014Fantastic food, flavor, presentation and choice. Great wine list, fantastic service. This place never lets you down. A favoriteSpecial Features:
- Always a winner!ChitownSueDined on 10/15/2014Having had dinner here many times, I have a few favorites on the menu that I keep coming back to and they never disappoint. The new items on the menu were even better - if that is possible! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/5/2014Went to dinner here based on all the great reviews, however the evening we went the kitchen was seriously off. Everything we ordered was NOT appetizing except for the Duck Fat Fries. The trout was the highlight, but only mediocre at best. The server was fine. Sorry, but won't be back.
- One of my favoritessverocVIPDined on 10/5/2014The Bristol had been recommended by several foodie friends as my boyfriend is a chef. When chefs recommend a place, you usually have high expectations. And they were right. The food is phenomenal. And their cocktails... don't even get me started. Every time I've gone, I leave more than satisfied and far too full, but that's not a real complaint. I wish this place a very long and healthy life!Special Features:
- mangebienDined on 10/4/2014wonderful food from starters to dessert. creative without being fussy. excellent friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentConcertgalVIPDined on 9/28/2014Great combination of foods. Great taste with enough edge to be interesting & playful. Service was fantastic. The servers know what they are serving and what makes each dish a must order. This is your place you like good food done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant, tasty brunch.wigstheoneVIPDined on 9/28/2014Service was a tad overwhelmed, not in a bad way, just not on the spot. The food was simply very, very good, and there was no rush to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill relaxingDisappointedVIPDined on 9/27/2014This place is a great place to catch up with friends. Its not too loud and easy to talk. It has good food too! The starters and snacks were the best part!Special Features:
- Great cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the halibut collar and the flat iron steak. Would skip the Parisian gnocchi next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Hope this restaurant never changes a thing. I continue to bring family, out of town company here, any special occasion opportunity here. The food is exceptional and never abandons quality. I'm shocked that this isn't consistently rated higher than girl n the goat - actually I hope it never is, lets keep this place sacred. Also love all of the Somm's wine recommendations, keeps everything so fresh and exciting! The winter is actually more bearable now that the roasted chicken will come with spaetzle again, cant wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute Gem in ChicagoTrvlBuffDined on 9/24/2014The Bristol was recommended by wait-staff at another restaurant. She said they served the best and most interesting food. Since we were up for a new experience we tried the Bristol. Wow! What a great experience. The place was louder than I like but the food absolutely made up for it. Everything was delicious. It's a bit of an Uber ride from downtown but well worth it. I highly recommend the Bristol. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB-The BristolReggie1Dined on 9/20/2014Great first experience! Cool spot-amazing waiter! The sharing menu was creative-Monkey Bread-the salads-fried avacado-chicken and pasta outstanding!Special Features:
- Always deliciousAJ87Dined on 9/19/2014I love the Bristol! The food is always delicious here...definitely try the apple manchego salad, but you can't go wrong with any item on the menu. It goes without saying that the basque cake is a must.Special Features:
- Excellent Farm to table meal!PreshowDinerDined on 9/15/2014Delicious, fresh, original food. Prompt, pleasant, courteous service. Wonderful wine. I'm visiting from Dallas on business and found it to be a great find. Reminds me a bit of FT33 in Dallas.Special Features:
- Always goodJennyGDined on 9/14/2014My family took me for brunch on my birthday there last Sunday. They were out of many items when we arrived at 2PM, which made ordering a challenge. The service was not as smooth as usual---my husbands main course arrived 15 minutes after everyone else's and he had to ask twice for his side orders which were forgotten. The food is always delicious, which made up for the glitches, but I couldn't wait to get out since it was loud and crowded.Special Features:
- service slow, food coldOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2014Came for a late brunch on Sunday. Service was incredibly slow and my chilaquiles came out cooler than room temperature. I've had better meals here, so hopefully this was a fluke. But not planning to return anytime soon.
- LafDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014I have eaten dinner here many times and love it. I have to say brunch was a disappointment. The hangover breakfast in particular was bad. The broth was good but the noodles were way undercooked and everything else was a bit nasty. Stick with dinner.
- Farm to Table FunSchiaramonteDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant focuses on farm to table and they know their stuff. We sampled a little bit from each of the menu sections and we're not disappointed. We shared everything family style, left satisfied, but not overly full. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better in its earlier yearsbethuVIPDined on 9/12/2014I hadn't been to Bristol in a couple of years & was looking forward to eating some of my fave small plates. I returned to find their menu changed. Pasta is now offered which I thought diminished its uniqueness. I had the halibut collar with vegetables-- very salty & slightly overdone. We also had the chacuterie plate which was a mix of good & just so-so. The steak we shared though was outstanding which should be at $32. No we won't be back there. I'm sad that it's not as good as its first years when every plate was distinctive & deliciously pleasing making Bristol THE innovative farm-to-table restaurant. BTW the server took the fish dish off our bill w/c proved they're still quite earnest about providing a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday experienceAlexVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were greeted with a birthday card signed by the staff sitting on the table! The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Highlights were the raviolo, the crudités, monkey bread, duck fat fries, steak and chicken dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesKPchicagoVIPDined on 9/10/2014I had been wanting to try this place forever, and finally did so with a friend. Everything was good, but if skip the tempura avocado next time. It was good, but nothing special. The prawns were my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so consistently goodafa1Dined on 9/6/2014I live basically across the street from The Bristol and go there often. I always take out of town guests there as I know it will not disappoint. Every party I have recommended the Bristol to has loved it. That kind of trust is the highest praise I can give a restaurant. Even though I never really order chicken in restaurants in favor of beef or seafood, I crave this chicken like nothing else. It is always just perfect. The cocktails are delicious as well and the staff is so considerate of food allergies etc. You just can't go wrong here.Special Features: