The Brick Yard
1787 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Brick Yard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brickyardsf.com/
- Phone: 4154004712x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 4 pm - 12 am
Sat-Sun 9 am - 12 am
-Mondays during the summer we will be closed (unless there is a large sporting event), we look forward to opening back up 7 days a week at the end of summer-
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Aaron Little
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Brick Yard
The Brick Yard, located in San Francisco’s Cow Hollow district, is a local’s favorite, voted one of the best Sports Bars in the Bay Area. We have classic American fare, as well as healthy dining options in a relaxed atmosphere. We have Trivia on Tuesdays at 7:30pm, $2 Thursday specials, as well as a new brunch menu that is not to be missed on weekends!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brick Yard reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- KatiADined on 8/21/2014Gary, Executive Chef, is beyond talented in every creation he presents to his guests. We had made reservations to try it out and the night we went happened to be a night that they had a tasting menu with New Belgium beer. Gary paired a 5 course meal that complemented the beer perfectly. Between the braised pork belly, heirloom and cucumber bruschetta, and scicilian meatballs...we were in food heaven. My boyfriend ordered a burger off the menu that came with "not fries" which we are both still dreaming about. They are sliced purple potatoes with parmasan and truffle...and everything you want to complement one of the best burgers we have ever had...(the bun was brushed with duck fat...TO DIE FOR!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sports barOlicatDined on 7/8/2014What I like about the Brickyard is they show sporting events with the volume up so you can hear the commentators. Some sports bars have the tv on, and then music in the background - so it's just not as involving if you want to watch sports. It was great in this way. Also there were many screens. I do wish they had more larger screens that you can see from a variety of views and tables - but overall, it's one of the nicest sports bars I've been to in the city - probably the nicest if you just want to watch a sporting event. I would like to go back for another event soon.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the The Brick Yard reviews archive.
- Good AtmosphereSchiffdawgDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day...surprised by AZ/AZ St game, and caught the end with rowdy fans. Loud, but fun, good atmosphere. The manager (forget her name...blonde,and awesome) made sure everything was good, and was very conversational and friendly. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013The online reservation system is great and the staff called to confirm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niners!crash2348Dined on 11/17/2013This is a Niners bar on Sundays. Get there early. Call for reservations only. And get ready to be shoulder to shoulder for Sunday Funday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for Monday night football!ebuenaVIPDined on 9/16/2013used a gilt city voucher for this visit...salads were yummy! and large portions. love all the big screens for the football games. wait staff was attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to this restaurant onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2013Went to this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon for brunch and was greeted by a rude hostess. The waitress was less than interested in a restaurant that was less than half full. When the food arrived, it was cold and /or burnt. I would not recommend this restaurant to ANYONE!
- Bar scene with some yummy bitese415Dined on 5/24/2013For a bar, the food was pretty good. For a restaurant it is disappointing. I would say this is a bar with restaurant seating. The noise level is really loud if you are trying to dine, but if you are on a night out with friends it's great. For bar food, the food is pretty good, I wouldn't go there expecting a great dining experience though. Service was friendly and fun, but the steak we ordered came to us as medium rare(really barely over rare) instead of medium and when we sent it back it looked like the chef just cooked the sides so the red would not show through. Being a server in a past life we were NOT going to send it back again. So, fun for friends and a noisy night out, not for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The space is nice, like aOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/3/2013The space is nice, like a warehouse bar. The service is attentive and the prices, esp during happy hour, are good. But the food was underwhelming. The nachos were too oily, and the gourmet mac n cheese was watery. That said, the cold beer was cold, and at three bucks a pint on a hot day, it made up for a lot.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/31/2013The food was good and the service was prompt and friendly. The chicken in one of our salads was mixed, some was overdone. My mom's burger came out medium rare when she ordered medium, but they fixed it right away with a smile and an apology. They have grilled cheese with a very good tomato soup on their bar bites menu that I would definitely have again. If you want a place that isn't your typical sports bar to relax, have some good, not just typical bar food with a drink and watch a game on a Sunday, I would totally recommend it.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/9/2013Beautiful restaurant. One of the most horrific meals I've ever had. I woke up in the morning still thinking about how bad it was and questioning whether or not I should trust open table on restaurant decisions ever again.
- Nice for sporting events.BBLLVIPDined on 11/5/2012Nice for sporting events. Nice large TV screens for viewing.
- I was actually surprised atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2012I was actually surprised at how good the food here was! I've been here for drinks and to watch sporting events several times but never thought to order food. I'll definitely be eating here again! We did familiy style at our table and ordered a little bit of everything (highly recommend doing it this way!). The honey fried chicken was probably my favorite.Special Features:
- Limited overpriced food servedCraigGDined on 6/17/2012Limited overpriced food served a la carte. Rude waitress. Items on menu not available.Special Features:
- I love the interior of theSheilaBDined on 5/16/2012I love the interior of the Brickyard. In the back of the restaurant, the entire back wall is a picture of the Golden Gate bridge.Special Features:
- Ok if you want to be in aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012Ok if you want to be in a really loud meat market. Felt like college all over again. Really hard to have a conversation. Menu was brief and food was ok. Drinks were strong; I went for the Cucumber Gin tonicSpecial Features:
- Simple food in a relaxed settingAngelaVIPDined on 4/4/2012If you like comfort food, well prepared and attractively served, this is the place for you. All the old standbys are on the menu-mac and cheese, club sandwiches and burgers, prepared with a slight twist.Special Features:
- I loved the restaurant itselfNinaVIPDined on 3/18/2012I loved the restaurant itself - very cute and cozy with some cool decor. The mac and cheese was amazing, but the 21 year old girl screaming at the top of her lungs at the TV while standing on top of the booth was not. I understand its March Madness and not the restaurant's fault...but I would have thought that after the first 5 minutes of screaming they would have asked her to get off the top of the booth. Kind of ruined my enjoyable meal.
- Smelled like a frat house,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2012Smelled like a frat house, there were no greeters when we showed up for our reservation so we left. Extremely loud.
- Love the food at the BrickyardOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/14/2012Love the food at the Brickyard and love watching games there. What a great job they have done to turn this place around! Recommend the burger, pizzas and nachos - very upscale bar food at a great price!Special Features:
- Fun spot. Not great for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/5/2012Fun spot. Not great for families with impressionable children.Special Features:
- Had a great waitress, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2011Had a great waitress, but she had all the tables in the entire restaurant and bar area. This is not a negative review on her, but the kitchen and management. Our Appetizer came after our entrees, which also arrived at different times. Two entrees were served together, and then we waited 5 minutes for the others, only one came out. The last entree was served 8 minutes after the first two hit the table. It was also brought out by someone who appeared to be a manager with no apology or explanation. Nothing was removed from the bill. Very unprofessional, at least acknowledge that a mistake was made.Plus they claim to “source locally” but where do you find Bay Area pineapples and cherry tomatoes in December?
- Go for the game, not the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2011Half price food for happy hour but flavors matched the price. Bland and not super creative. The one exception is their shrimp po-boy sliders. Those were tasty! Fun scene though and good place to watch a game as long as you can put up with the Marina 'scene'Special Features:
- Our server Maddy was inexperiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2011Our server Maddy was inexperienced and poorly trained. We asked if we could have a 4th slider as part of the sandwich platter. Maddy said she would check with the chef to see if he was in a "good mood". She later came back and said, "Phew, he is in a good mood and will make you a 4th sandwich". Um thanks - we were going to pay for it anyway so her response didn't make any sense as to why the chef would have to be in a good mood. We kept having to ask her for everything, i.e. silverware, plates, water, remove the menus. I recognize this isn't fine dining, but this isn't brain surgery either. Yours is a service business and this was unprofessional. Fun environment for drinks during MNF, but otherwise won't dine here again.
- We really enjoyed our meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2011We really enjoyed our meal, great service, wonderful food! We were there early Saturday morning, it was definitely picking up as more college football was coming on. Seemed like a definite hotspot to go and watch the games!Special Features:
- Way too loud but good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011I thought this place was way too loud! The seating is right next to a bar and everyone is standing. My Fiance and I were having to yell to hear one another. I was expecting a quaint brunch and instead left with a headache. The food was very good and I would definitely return for it but not expect a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- We went to watch the GiantsRobmoralVIPDined on 7/16/2011We went to watch the Giants game and hear this was a Sports Bar & Restaurant. While they do have several TV screens to view various sports events, we had to ask to get them to put on our SF Giants on one of the screens we were positioned to watch. While we were able to see the game, there was no volumne to hear it as they were playing nonstop music through there sound system. I'd say the focus is not really to be a sports bar but a bar/restaurant that just happens to show some sports. Will go someplace else next time to watch and hear the game. Food was good though, especially the Truffle Popcorn and Mac n Cheese.Special Features:
- Ate at The Brick Yard forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2011Ate at The Brick Yard for the first time Saturday with a big group of friends. They had an outstanding lineup of beers and the food (both brunch and lunch options) were delicious! The decor is pretty impressive as well.Special Features:
- food was okay. the suggestedFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2011food was okay. the suggested ribs had hoisin sauce (which I hate) and not listed on menu or told by the waitress. nachos and salads were good. service was fine. very large group with very loud voices....kept using profanity. never once were they told to mind language. very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good food not good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2011I admit I do not like the Marina area or the patrons that usually litter this area. They are often very snobby and make me feel awkward as we are obviously worlds apart. However, its not a restaurants fault for its location and customers. Thus, based on the food alone this place is great. The food - salad, fries, hummus & pita bread, pizza, and ribs (which were a little too sweet) was all very enjoyable edible. Our server, however, although she was extremely nice, was not too attentive. We had to stare her down several times for our drinks and bill (which she was busy folding napkins instead.) I like the food but would appreciate better service (as we did spend nearly $100 for 3 people.)Special Features:
- We happened to be there whenbpbwVIPDined on 6/21/2011We happened to be there when they were hosting a benefit so the bar crowd was quite large and exceptionally noisy for a Tuesday night! Unfortunately the space has no sound absorbing surfaces so it was very hard to hear one's dinner companions. Also the tables are way too high or the benches way too low so we felt like we needed booster seats! However, the manager graciously acknowledged both issues. Otherwise, the food was good and well-presented.Special Features:
- If you want a more upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2011If you want a more upscale sports bar, this is a good place to go. But, if you're looking for a quieter dinner/place to get drinks, you may want to go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Awesome place to grab dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2011Awesome place to grab dinner & drinks with friends. Best place in the city to watch a big sporting event!Special Features:
- It wasn't what I expectedroseandkevDined on 5/8/2011It wasn't what I expected at all - it's more like a sports bar.
- great drinks especially BloddySeefoodDined on 5/8/2011great drinks especially Bloddy mary and a cute bartender!Special Features:
- Great for watching the gameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2011Great for watching the game and bar snacks with your friends. No dining points though, too bad. Go for the cheesy spinach dip and truffled popcorn- skip the pizza.Special Features:
- good food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2011good food, good service. big screen TVs in dining area may be distractingSpecial Features:
- I was kind of concerned whenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/20/2011I was kind of concerned when we arrived because the dining room was pretty empty. Our brunch, however was absolutely fantastic. We both had the truffle grits, which was extremely tasty and a great value at $12. The eggs that accompanied it were the best cooked eggs I have ever had and I look forward to returning to the Brick Yard for many future brunches.Special Features:
- Visited this restaurant fordannylovebitwDined on 2/18/2011Visited this restaurant for lunch and it was pretty empty. The margarita pizza that my group split as an appetizer was a good choice, as was my burger. All in all, a fine restaurant if you need to grab a bite in the area.Special Features:
- Nice Place, got there early,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Nice Place, got there early, small crowd at the time, got busier by 7:30. Lots of TVs, but not why we came. Nice selection of food,Special Features: