The Brick House
179 Godwin Ave.
Wyckoff, NJ 07481Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Brick House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebrickhousewyckoff.com/
- Phone: 2018481211
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Marsano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: People in northern New Jersey have been making The Brick House their choice for special occasions for decades. Our fine dining atmosphere, intimate dining nooks and private dining rooms upstairs provide an elegant backdrop for many different kinds of gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Aldo Cascio 8772573307
- Entertainment: Our Spectacular Main Bar offers a great line up of musicians and singers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Our Clubby Cigar Bar in the lower level offers our customers a diverse cigar menu, full bar, irresistible food and a TV for sports lovers.
- Special Events: CHRISTMAS EVE! Saturday Dec 24, 2011 Come and join us, Special Ala Carte: Seatings available 4:00pm to 8:00 pm & Grand Buffet: Open 6:00 pm Pasta Station, Tuscan table, Hot Carving Station, Hot Chafing Dishs, Salad Station and Dessert Table. $ 49.95 pp + beverages +tax +gratuity NEW YEAR'S Saturday Dec 31, 2011 Come and join us, Special Ala Carte: Seatings available 5:00pm to 9:00 pm & New Year's Party at The Grand Ballroom Open 8:00 pm Dinner, DJ, Dancing, Champagne Toast & Party favors $ 150 pp All Inclusive Make your Reservations Now!!!
A word from The Brick House
An amazing meal in dramatic surroundings is always on the menu at the Historic Brick House Restaurant: Northern New Jersey's distinctive restaurant for discriminating diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brick House reviews from OpenTable diners
- I was a bit nervous lookingAnneDined on 2/21/2014I was a bit nervous looking at past reviews, but those people obviously had a rare problem. Everything was excellent. The restaurant is beautiful, staff are wonderful. Price are good, as the entrée includes a salad and either baked potato, sweet potato or rice. After dinner we were taken on a tour of the other rooms, great for small parties and a ballroom that holds over 250. They even have a cigar bar for the guys and I didn't smell it anywhere in the dining areas. We definitely plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableHostingVIPDined on 1/22/2014No matter how many times I visit, the food, the service and the overall experience is good. I prefer it as a "business dinner" location because of the consistency and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great way to start 2014EricmDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant management was not clearly up to the challenge on New Years Eve. Our party of 4 had to wait a half hour for our drink order The entrees took an hour..The filet mignon was ordered medium-rare but was burnt to crisp and tasteless. The swordfish was over seasoned and drowned in garlic. To make matters worse the waiter was argumentative and inattentive. Very disappointing.
- Fabulous Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013If you want steak - this is the place. Cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth perfect. If you want to dine kid free - this is the place. Been here many times; never saw or heard a baby crying. In fact cannot recall ever seeing kids.Special Features:
- Take of two dinnersDine4funDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I decided to go for a nice dinner with our daughter. When we arrived the dining room was empty except for one large table in front of the fireplace that had a family with several small children. We unfortunately were seated right next to this table. Now I know it is the parents responsibility to control the behavior of their children but we could have been seated further away from the chaos. The dining experience was very poor in the beginning but once that family left it changed dramatically. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive. I would look at this as an isolated incident and would be willing to try this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Salmon dish I've ever hadlostinjerzVIPDined on 12/22/2013I took my family to the Brick House for a holiday season meal and couldn't have been more disappointed. Huge portions do not make for a good dining experience when entrees are poorly prepared ... Salads were so overdressed we mistook them for soup ... A salmon dish which while generous in size, was absolutely soaked in butter to the point it reminded me of something one would be served in a dorm room cafeteria ... A bad enough meal to actually leave me a little angry. We will not return.
- AwesomeUncleBuckDined on 11/15/2013It has been some while since I have been to the Brick House, and it still is the same great quality restaurant as it ever was. Food was great and the service was outstanding. We were in the little dining room, so thwe noise level wasn't bad at all.Special Features:
- SteaksHungrychefDined on 11/13/2013I had the cowboy steak rib eye it was delicious. The house salad was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Brick House is fantastic!RUSHFan0612VIPDined on 11/7/2013I don't know if I would have the space character wise to be able to give all of the accolades that the Brick House deserves. This place is absolutely top notch, in everything that they do. This particular outing I dined for lunch with my Dad, and our lunches were just superb. But the thing that impresses me the most about the Brick House is the service...it is just phenomenal! Our waiter was Marcello and he was very attentive and thorough, and was always asking us if we needed anything. We were so impressed with this place that we decided to book it for my Wedding Rehearsal Dinner in May 2014! But we'll definitely be back for a friends dinner night out before then!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy meeting friends herejimdDined on 11/5/2013We enjoy meeting friends here for lunch. The Brick House staff allow us to have a long enjoyable time with pleasant, professional service. The food is well prepared with nice presentation and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant first time experienceHamovVIPDined on 10/26/2013We were impressed with the wine menu – there was something for every price point and approx. $10 to $20 cheaper per bottle than other fine dining places. A word of caution, they have a well lit fireplace within one of the rooms and can leave you a little well done. Corner tables by the windows appeared to be the most sought-after so request those at the time of the reservation. Portions were generous but we noticed inconsitencies with other table deliveries. All our food was cooked perfectly. Dessert was disappointing. We ordered the red velvet cake. It missed the mark and was on par with a Shortie cake. The coffee was a generous pour but like water. No half and half, only milk or heavy cream. Really?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the waitnyangel1227VIPDined on 9/21/2013we arrived with our guest on time and were seated right away. we received menus within minutes and ordered our drinks. then the waiter dissapeared for 40 minutes. we didn't place our food order until an hour after arrival. I was so frustrated that I actually went to find our waiter. I wonder if this is strategical on their part as the bottle of wine was gone by then and we had to order another one to go with our meal. the food did not make up for the long wait. the stuffed mushrooms were very "fishy". burrata w/ prosciutto and the cajun calamari were really good, but not better then most italian restaurants in the area. we will not be back unless they improve the service.
- outstandingguidoDined on 9/17/2013The service at Brick House is impecable! The food is great and the atmosphere romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night outPatriciaDined on 8/9/2013We started with fig, feta and fresh green salad. The figs were perfectly ripe and balsamic dressing drizzle perfectly done to create beautiful presentation. Then, Fried calamari, Asian style which was out of this world. For dinner we had shrimp scampi from the regular menu and it was done to perfection and not over done with garlic. It was fresh tasking with fresh herbs and butter/wine sauce that left me wanting more. We also had Pittsburgh style filet mignon done to perfection and coated oreganato style. Delicious...and it was fabulous sauteed the next day for lunch leftovers...as was the calamari. Key Lime Pie for dessert...with a hint of coconut. Wonderful. Service was outstanding. The night was a welcome break from reality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar area greatBabsDined on 8/2/2013Bar menu very good, servers helpful and friendly, great place to stop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BusyprofessionalVIPDined on 7/12/2013The whole meal was wonderful. It started with the bread basket which had a delightful parmesan encrusted Italian bread. Then it was onto escargot and the scallops which were devine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One More TimeHostingVIPDined on 7/12/2013It is always a pleasure. We made a last minute reservation and were so pleased to get in on a busy night. The food was excellent as always, the service top notch, and we would recommend it again and again. Living in an area where you have so many choices, it would be hard to stay open if you can't compete. Their steaks can compete with the best...Special Features:
- I have been trying the menuHostingVIPDined on 6/24/2013I have been trying the menu and returning whenever possible. I have been delighted every visit thus far. They are very good at taking a person who dines once a month and making me feel like I came to eat everyday. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dated....SuburbanhousewifeVIPDined on 6/19/2013The menu is not my favorite. The meals are dated and well as the inside dining room.
- Will be back!HostingVIPDined on 6/14/2013This was my third dinner there, and I was not disappointed. The service is great, friendly, and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Has gone done in qualityrrayllVIPDined on 6/11/2013Brick House used to be a favorite restaurant for me in the past, but after our recent meal there, I will not likely go back soon. Had one of the worst escargot appetizer ever, the beet salad was disappointing and the waiter we had was ineffective and inexperienced. The only saving grace was that the Cowboy steak that I ordered was excellent. Dessert was only so-so. It is sad that the restaurant has gone down hill.
- OverallBubblesVIPDined on 6/1/2013Second time eating at the Brick House. Food was fantastic, and the service was impeccable. After dinner we retired to the cigar bar which was a wonderful treat. Even the wife's were impressed. Will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brick House ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013It was a wonderful experience with great food and atmosphere to enjoy friends and family and to enjoy life to the fullest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchDaveDined on 5/16/2013My wife and I have been coming here for the past few years. Service is top notch. Extremely professional and attentive wait staff. Food is always delicious and right on point. I highly recommend for a special occasion. The fillet is excellent!Special Features:
- Having been spoiled by a placeHostingVIPDined on 4/11/2013Having been spoiled by a place known as 677 Prime, a great Upstate NY Steak House, it was a pleasure to find a local hot spot that could match the quality. The steak was cooked perfectly, the Diane sauce was perfect, everything met our expectation, and the waiter was great and treated us a regulars on our first visit.Special Features:
- Bravo to the the Sommelier !mss22VIPDined on 3/29/2013Had a wonderful dinner. Excellent service & learned new adventures in wine tasting from Mary, the Sommelier, who is a world of knowledge!!!! BravoSpecial Features:
- a little over priced. GoodMiloVIPDined on 2/14/2013a little over priced. Good for special occasions - too expensive for every daySpecial Features:
- We've been there before.KRW1Dined on 2/14/2013We've been there before. This round we ordered portobello stuffed ravioli for appetizer... I wasn't a huge fan, but my wife liked it. For entree I had NY Strip 'Pittsburgh' style.... first one came out well, well done.... second was on the over-rare side but I wasn't sending it back twice. My opinion... if your niche is steaks/chops, you should have a perfect steak 1st round... not 2nd or 3rd. It is a quiet place though, which is nice, and the wait staff very accomodating. Kevin
- Food and service were outstanding;MartyDined on 2/9/2013Food and service were outstanding; we enjoyed our meals tremendously. However the tables in the dining room were very close together and the noise level was high.Special Features:
- We found the Brick House onBubblesVIPDined on 1/13/2013We found the Brick House on a last minute meal after a wake on a Sunday night.l When we called the hostess kept the kitchen open for us if we could make by a certain time. We did and the meal was wonderful.Special Features:
- Lunch at The Brick HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/9/2013Have dined here on numerous occassions but always for dinner service. Was surprised at how reasonable the luncheon menu prices and selection were. Same attentive service in the dining rooms during lunch with absolutely o pressure to turn tables for a second seating. A relaxed and enjoyable lunch and a great place for groups.Special Features:
- Food was wonderful. Many specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Food was wonderful. Many specials and a great place for smokers at the cigar barSpecial Features:
- My compliment tody is thatKenJVIPDined on 12/10/2012My compliment tody is that my lunch date & I both ordered the soup that is part of the reg. entrees but then she decided on a salad & the waiter was nice enough to substitute her soup for my included house salad (which I didn't need anyway as the portions are so generous!). Just another example of the fine service I always experience here.Special Features:
- My favorite local lunch spot!KenJVIPDined on 12/6/2012My favorite local lunch spot! Quiet, classy but not pretentious, great menu variety, excellent service, and relaxing ambience.Special Features:
- Always a good meal at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2012Always a good meal at The Brickhouse. Good service.
- We celebrated an 18th birthdayTomAVIPDined on 11/16/2012We celebrated an 18th birthday at the Brick House, and had an exceptional experience. The service was wonderful and attentive, the atomsphere vibrant, and the food was excellent and well-prepared.Special Features:
- NicEly decorated venue. HadjimdDined on 10/25/2012NicEly decorated venue. Had enjoyable dining experience. Waiter was friendly helpful and professional. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Food was well prepared ,portions reasonable in size.Special Features:
- I took a friend there forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2012I took a friend there for a birthday lunch. Our waiter was attentive and funny. The food was delicious. Our sandwiches came with soup and salad, so although it's pricey, you do get a lot for the money.Special Features:
- Went for our anniversary dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012Went for our anniversary dinner. Enjoyed drinks in large, nicely decorated friendly bar. Got a lovely table in one of the smaller dining rooms, as we requested. Service was prompt and courteous. My husband's steak was perfect, my seafood dish could have been better but everything else was so good we will give them another chance.Special Features:
- Great dinner, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2012Great dinner, service and overall ambiance. This was our anniversary dinner and we were treated like royalty.Special Features: