The Brick Hotel & Restaurant
1 East Washington Avenue
Newtown, PA 18940Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brick Hotel & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brickhotel.com/
- Phone: (215) 860-8313
- Hours of Operation:
We invite you to enjoy a charming old world experience at the Historic Brick Hotel & Restaurant located in the heart of Newtown's Historic Main Street. We proudly sit behind a white picket fence with a well tended garden. Our award-winning Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & brunch menus open year-round where the setting is casual yet the experience is fine dining. Stay in one of the lovely fifteen guest rooms for a weekend getaway that memories are made of, ending with a spectacular Sunday Brunch & a stroll through Historic Newtown Borough. We have won Best in Bucks for Brunch (2011,2010, 2009, 2008...)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dave
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact 215-860-8313 for your Birthdays, Showers, Wedding, Business Meetings, and any special events. We help you plan and make is very easy for you. We can accommodate 20-120 guests. Guests rave about our Menus and gourmet creations and love the ambiance.
- Private Party Facilities: Brick provides On and Off premise catering for private affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Tammy 2158608313x
- Entertainment: Bar Happy Hour Sunday - Friday from 5PM to 7PM.
Martini Night Out every Thursday with Martini Specials for $5 --5pm-10pm
- Special Events: Best in Bucks Brunch every Sunday!
Best in Bucks Dinner!
Join us for all the holidays and make them special.
New Years Eve
A word from The Brick Hotel & Restaurant
Come visit a striking presence along Newtown's Historic Main Street. It sits gleaming behind a white picket fence with well tended gardens. Enjoy a trend-setting dining experience in glass-enclosed verandas or casual fare outdoors enhanced by gardens of Old World charm. Our award-winning Restaurant offers seasonal breakfast, lunch, dinner & brunch menus for year-round casual & fine dining. Stay in one of the hotel's fifteen guest rooms. Enjoy a weekend that memories are made of, culminating with a spectacular Sunday Brunch & a stroll through Historic Newtown Borough. We have won Best in Bucks for Brunch (2010, 2009, 2008...)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brick Hotel & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Nothing special....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013slow service and average food. price should be about half what they charged based on the food.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013We have enjoyed brunch at the Brick Hotel in the past and were excited to go back. However, both the food and service were disappointing. The buffet was not restocked often so that things were missing when you got in line or were no longer hot from sitting out so long. Things were not executed very well (limp bacon, a shrimp cocktail shot glass with one shrimp but enough cocktail sauce for a dozen). Service seemed haphazard. For example, one of our party was brought an empty glass for juice, but the juice was not self-serve. When our server made a mistake running our check, she told us she didn't know how to fix it, rather than just apologizing and asking her manager. The desserts were very good and it was packed, but we will not be back.
- Our experience was poor. ThePaulDined on 5/12/2013Our experience was poor. The food was over priced and of poor quality. The restaraunt itself was fair at best.
- Brick Hotel, Saturday, May 11Seminole76VIPDined on 5/11/2013I'd dined here years ago and liked it and was up in that area so I made a last-minute decision to have dinner at the Brick Hotel. The staff was quite friendly and the food tasty. The only complaint I have was the water; I'm sure it's not the restaurant's fault, but the water they served tasted terrible. A minor problem, granted; I ordered ice tea as a substitute which tasted fine as did the decaf I sipped with dessert. I wonder if the whole municipality of Newtown has to deal with this water. At any rate, dinner was very good, and the after dinner stroll through the village quite pleasant.Special Features:
- I only drink Chevas and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013I only drink Chevas and was served Walker red or Dewars. Mentioned it to bartender and pointed difference of the scotch. Food was mediocre for the price. Waiter was very good.
- No GoDiningVIPDined on 4/6/2013Cannot review as the reservation was not "shown" as listed after arriving at the restaurant. After a few minutes of waiting and being told we could be seated an hour later, we left and went to different restaurant across the street and they were happy to seat us
- We arrived for our 5:30 reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We arrived for our 5:30 reservation. The hostess sat us and the bus boy brought us water. The only other contact we had with any personnel was to ask the bus boy several times to send over a waitress. After witnessing another table get up and leave, we rounded up my 90 year old mother after a half hour and went to another restaurant in the area. I have never been to any restaurant with such disregard for their customer's. I can understand if the staff is busy, but to wait a full half hour without even being asked if you want a drink is totally unacceptable. That was my last trip to the Brick.
- NOT an EASTER BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013This was a horrible Easter Brunch, there was nothing Easter about it, especially for the kids. I specifically called the restaurant and asked about omeletes, was told that they were made to order,which was fine. Upon arrival there was a placecard on the table stating that there were only 3 omelette choices to pick from. The food choices were quite limited, for example, only 1 kind of bagel (the everything bagel which MOST people do not like) - they seemed old and were probably left over from something else. Food always seemed to be 'out' and had to ask for things to be refilled. The dessert table was so poorly done and again not many choices at all. My kids hated the buffet and were quite disappointed, I was devastated.
- Lovely BrunchFlyerschikDined on 2/24/2013We were sent here as an Anniversary gift from our children. They scheduled us for massages at the new Hand & Stone in Newtown (which was wonderful enough) then had us in for brunch at the Brick Hotel. I have to mainly stick to a gluten free diet while my husband has no limitations. The multiple options were wonderful & there was never a concern about not finding appropriate things to eat. My husband extremely enjoyed the french toast with the caramelized bananas. Because of their experience I'm looking forward to my boyfriend being smart enough to think of taking me there! ;)Special Features:
- A Fine PlaceTheDDined on 2/14/2013The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was perfect for a Valentine's Day dinner for two. The service was fine, but I expect a little more attention to detail when 20% is expected for the server. I wouldn't mention this at all if we had just been going to the local diner for the evening, but I'm of the mindset that a $90 dinner would demand a little more pampering. We both ordered from the Valentine's Day menu. I highly recommend the pork chops. The steak was delicious too.Special Features:
- Menu was limited as it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Menu was limited as it was Valentine's Day, but still had good choices. Our waitress seemed to be a bit overwhelmed though. Was very slow in bringing our bread and had to be asked a few times to bring Spelda for my wife. When our meals arrived, I received crabcakes, but I ordered chicken. It took about 15 more minutes for my meal to come so my wife ate alone and then I did the same. The food was great, but it was really not a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Maybe just a fluke.. but, meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/19/2013I had read several reviews for the Brick, so was expecting a good experience. However, the hostess (who was almost inappropriately dressed) sat us in what appeared to be a 'tea room'-brightly lit, empty and with no music. We asked to wait for another table and she sat us on the porch. We were not served water or acknowledged for 10 minutes. It took another ten for our server to come by. She did not tell us her name or offer water. After about 10 minutes I saw her behind the bar making our cocktails. Meanwhile, two parties that came in after us had water, bread and wine. Took over 30 minutes just to get drink and bread. Food was marginal and they gave my husband the wrong filet.
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Food was excellent, service was very slow, but I would go back again.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Took 45 minutes just to get any service. Would definitely give some credit to the bartender and hostess, who i saw trying to help out but from the time we got there the waitress was MIA, took an hour and a half just to get any food. Would have left but it was new years eve and most places in Newtown would've needed reservations. Will never go back. Food was decent but nothing special.
- Because it was NYE and twoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Because it was NYE and two servers quit hours before service, our dining experience was a little uneven. The food was great but came out lukewarm. Not the server's fault. The manager was more than apologetic. He removed the two cold meals from the check. Dessert was free of charge. He also supplied another full meal without charge. He went above and beyond where many would have just offered a weak excuse. We've eaten here before. My wife's wedding shower and our wedding rehearsal dinner were here. It has been reliable with great food and service. We will return on the basis of the manager's response and both our server's and the manager's pleasant personality under stress, plus their eagerness to turn our experience around.Special Features:
- Great food.... Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012We had chose this restaurant because it had a beautiful glass porch seating, had reservations for 9pm and the restaurant was packed. We waited almost 10 minutes after we were seated to take our drink order and another 20 minutes to get the drinks . I could understand that it was busy , but why not staff the restaurant properly for a busy night, doesn't make sense, the server was very nice and it wasn't until after about 70 minutes after we arrived did we get our main course, which was well worth the wait, the four of us cleaned the plates off. The deserts were equally food. Will return on food quality but not on a holiday.Special Features:
- Pleasant place at the center of NewWillDined on 12/31/2012Decent place, nice glassed in porch. Pleasant ambiance, ok food. Service earnest but untutored. Overall, not outstanding but very pleasant.Special Features:
- The day before New Years weOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/30/2012The day before New Years we chose to dine at the Brick Hotel because one of our friends told us about this historic landmark in Newtown. Wonderful staff and great food. Couldn't be happier with our choice. Will be back!
- Long wait time and bland food....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2012When I had made the reservation, I mentioned that I would like a seat on the window enclosed patio, which is where I would love to had my wife's birthday dinner. When we arrived we were seated in the back patio which was the only good part of our evening, the waiting for the drinks was about 15 minutes then our apps which were a salad and shrimp bruschetta ( we wanted calamari but were told they were out) , both of which was bland and flavorless. After about an hour after arriving we received our entrees , 2 filets which were ordered medium and medium rare were both well done. Dessert was alright , creme brûlée and bread pudding. We will never go back, I guess they don't need repeat customers....
- Perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2012Came here for a holiday get together with 3 friends that meet up once a year, we picked the brick hotel's restaurant in this historic community and I'm glad we did. The decor from Christmas and the glass porch was a perfect setting. The heater wasn't working 100% percent but the waitress was more than willing to go out of her way to make us comfortable. The food was great .
- Cold night, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012My family ate dinner here on Christmas Eve. It was packed. The service providers did not rise to the challenge. Though we had reservations, we waited 15 minutes to be seated. We waited another 15 minutes to place drink orders. Then 20 minutes for our food orders. We did not receive our entrees until two hours and 15 minutes after we arrived. This would have been closer to acceptable had the waitress kept our coffee cups and water glasses full. She didn't. We sat on a glassed-in porch looking out over a quaint downtown. It was snowy and scenic. But it was beyond freezing in my chair. To be fair, the waitress said the computer system lost our order, and she gave us extra bread and took the 20% gratuity off the bill. Food was great.
- Great food as usual but waitstaff..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/19/2012I come here often with my wife and often enough we have a good time here for the most part and the exception was today, the food was always above good, I tried the special of the night blackened salmon and my wife had the "bistro " filet cooked perfect medium , the waitstaff seemed to be a little 'off there game' with some new faces. I'm not one to complain or point out bad vibes but I only do it to make them better, as I love coming and eating lunch or dinner here, as there other choices in new town , nothing compares to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great family dinner placeLeibDined on 12/17/2012Terrific food, quiet table next to blazing friendly fireplace was perfect for five person amity get together. Appetizers and salad alone filled up our aging parents. The leftover from my wife and my 20oz ribeye (with fantastic wine reduction sauce) will be 2 more meals for them at least!Special Features:
- Came here for a lunch, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/16/2012Came here for a lunch, good service and excellent food , nice place to talk business. Thanks Brick!! I will be back soon!
- The food was good and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2012The food was good and it was very charming. The service left a lot to be desired. The server didn't even know what salad dressing they had. The food came out at separate times, people's soup came after their meal. For an established restaurant they seemed very disorganized. I had pick The Brick Hotel for busniess lunch and it was quite embarrassing. I can assure you I will never go back and I won't recommend it to anyone else.Special Features:
- Good food, nice fireplaceSashaDined on 12/11/2012Good food, nice fireplace on a cold evening. Could use more options for vegetarians/diet restrictions.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/8/2012Service was outstanding. Food was extremely delicious. It was a slow night for a Saturday, so we were in and out within an hour. Menu is not extensive, but offers a nice variety. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very nice. The food was amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012Very nice. The food was amazing, the service even better. I will be back.Special Features:
- I have been to the brick manyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/28/2012I have been to the brick many years ago and remember it was great food and service. We went back today and for a Wednesday night , slow, according to past reviews I didn't see what they were talking about, everyone was professional , our server was on top on her job and the food was great, we had the special of the night, artichoke dip and veal special, the chef even came out and asked how out experience was , which is rare among restaurants now a days, he even stayed and spoke to us for about 10 minutes which meant he cared about our feedback and suggestions. He told us he had been there for not even a month and we hope he stays! We hope to be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great spot for business meeting!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/28/2012Came here today with co- workers, had a nice table in the corner, waitress was very good , didn't keep on top of us like other restaurants do, between us we had the scallop salad, classic Reuben, and mushroom ravioli.. Everything was cooked perfectly, and above all we didn't feel rushed because we stayed for about 2 hours. Good job Brick hotel!!! We will definatly be back soon!!Special Features:
- The food was quite good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012The food was quite good but too often it wasn't hot enough, not cold but luke warm. I appreciate that it's tough to keep everything hot on a buffet table but it would have enhanced an otherwise fine meal.
- I do not know what happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/22/2012I do not know what happened to this place but their Thanksgiving spread looked pathetic and choices were not impressive at all. For $35.00 you got choices and quality would be more that of a discount buffet restaurant chain. I know that it's appropriate to tip even at a buffet but adding 20% to the the bill for a couple drinks and a lousy spread of food is just wrong.
- never again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012my husband and i chose the brick hotel for our thanksgiving dinner. we arrived promptly and were shown to our table, where we sat for at least 10 minutes before we were acknoledged by our waitress.one of the reasons we chose the brick was to sit on the porch overlooking the garden.the glass walls of the porch were splattered with mud and badly in need of a cleaning. the garden was an uncared for overgrown weed patch which no one bothered to make look attractive with fall plantings. then we tried the buffet, it was ordinary at best and many of the items were not replenished quickly or were picked over,my husband asked for some dark meat only to be told they had run out.within 24 hours my husband was suffering with g.i distress from the meal
- Okay, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We went here for Thanksgiving dinner (around lunch time). Overall the food was good. The prime rib was way overcooked however and we weren't the only patrons complaining about that. For a $35/pp buffet, I would expect better. My biggest complaint however was that we were only a party of 3 and an automatic 20% gratuity was added to our bill. When we asked about it, we were told that was standard for holidays. Considering it was a buffet and the only thing our waiter did was clear a few plates and refill the water glasses, I thought a 20% gratuity was ridiculous. I don't like automatic tips to begin with, if a waiter is good, I'll tip 25% and even more. If I'm in the area in the future, I would look for another restaurantSpecial Features:
- Nice experiencemonalisaVIPDined on 11/17/2012Very nice for a quiet, reasonably priced, upscale dinner.Special Features:
- We sat in an outer room whichwagsVIPDined on 11/17/2012We sat in an outer room which was freezy. Should not sit people in a space that you cannot control the temperature.
- EXCELLENT MEAL. Service slowedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012EXCELLENT MEAL. Service slowed because of private party.Special Features:
- Place was dead for a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Place was dead for a Friday night and i can see why. Service was bad, had to wat for eveything. food was too salty and tuna was so bad we could not eat it. had to find the waitress for the bill.Special Features:
- Service was horrible and foodJenniferDined on 9/29/2012Service was horrible and food was average at best. Not worth the money.
- Made reservations for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Made reservations for dinner. Was not crowded, but still received a very poor table right outside the service entrance. Should have asked to move. Tables extremely cramped together. Service not exceptional. Food outstanding - only reason to go. Need to monitor closely to receive good accommadations regarding planned events. Otherwise, you will not be happy.