The Briarwood Inn
1630 8th street
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Briarwood Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebriarwoodinn.com/
- Phone: (303) 279-3121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Sunday starting at 4:30pm
Afternoon Tea: Saturdays 10:30am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Thursday 4pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Tom Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Briarwood Inn has various indoor dining rooms available for private parties, as well as a brand new outdoor Garden Terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Duncan Newman 3032793121x
- Entertainment: Located just 20 minutes west of Denver, within minutes from the Coors Brewery, Colorado School of Mines and The Foothills Art Center. A short drive to the historical gambling towns of Central City and Black Hawk and the renowned Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Special Events: 35th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER
Join us in celebrating 35 years as one of Colorado's most loved restaurants. Enjoy our
featured 3-course $35 menu with a throwback to some original entrees. Menu is offered
every night through the month of September.'
Happy Hour - Monday thru Thursday 4pm - 6pm
All wines by the glass, Cocktails and Bottled Beers $2.00 off
"App Happy" Mondays 4pm to 6pm
Signature Briarwood Appetizer Tray for only $15
A word from The Briarwood Inn
Nestled in the foothills of Golden, The Briarwood Inn has been a time honored Colorado dining tradition since 1979. With a classic continental fare, served in elegant old world charm. Over the years The Briarwood Inn has been awarded numerous accolades including "Top Restaurant for Celebrations", "Most Romantic", "Best Dining Ambiance" and "Favorite Sunday Brunch!" Their wine list of over 250 selections has be recognized by the Wine Spectator's "Award Of Excellence" Whether it is a special occasion or dinner out with friends The Briarwood Inn is always a well deserved treat. All dinners include The Briarwood Inn appetizer tray, choice of salads, choice of entrees and dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Briarwood Inn - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
The Briarwood Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)romantic (103)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (39)great for brunch (36)good for groups (35)notable wine list (34)scenic view (32)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (11)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Afternoon TeaGoldenCoDined on 11/22/2014The Briarwood has so much potential. The service was attentive. The restaurant was lovely - decorated for the Christmas holidays. However, the scones were stale and the soup, which was a very tasty pumpkin, was barely warm. The savory and sweet tray was so-so. And, finally, the sorbet at the end was flavorless, pale pink ice crystals. Afternoon Tea at the Briarwood is not cheap - $35 each. I expect so much more for my dining dollars. I think I've made my last visit to the Briarwood.
- The Briarwood never disappointsPaulaDined on 11/22/2014I brought my stepmom here to celebrate her 75th birthday. We had tea with a wonderful selection of savories and sweets. The service was excellent, the atmosphere perfect. We always love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect as alwaysNinon2Dined on 11/21/2014Wonderful bubbly night, very nice atmosphere for mingling, great selection of champagnes and assorted food to go with it. Will definitely go again when they organize something. Thank you Briarwood #Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereJudyDined on 11/20/2014Beautifully decorated for Christmas; warm fire for a winter day; very quiet for conversation; lovely dishes; attentive and thoughtful service; relaxing; a memorable special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exquisite experience.RonBC1975Dined on 11/15/2014The Briarwood was an outstanding experience! The service was impeccable. The food was wonder fully prepared, the presentation, outstanding, a reasonable price for a four course meal added to the wonder of the place. The prime rib was excellent; everyone commented that their food choice was superb. One could order a la carte, and they even prepared an entire for course meal for one of our guests that was a vegan! The atmosphere was a comfortable; a large fireplace, high wood beamed ceilings and comfortable chairs made this an exquisite d dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlossomBlossomDined on 11/14/2014The food did not seem as good as it was two years ago. The appetizer was the best.Special Features:
- lefthungaryDined on 11/11/2014the food was excellent but the portions were very small. going home I felt myself wanting to stop and get something else to eat. The food was great and so was the service the portions were scimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For our 25th anniversary, it was perfect!25thDined on 11/10/2014From the minute we came through the door on a snowy evening, we were treated to good service, smiling faces and the peace to review our memories on our 25th anniversary. The food was great and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to enjoy a meal and good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014It was absolutely marvelous. We had a terrific time and enjoyed taking our two guests to this wonderful restaurant. It was definitely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food from another EraOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a special occasion and can't stop raving about the food!! It is wonderful (coming from self proclaimed foodies). You'll finally get what you've paid for while maintaining great quality! The app tray will blow you're mind along with the lobster bisque! I had Elk Medallions and just writing about them makes me salivate! We are in our mid 20s and while we hunt for the best food, we always take atmosphere greatly into consideration. This place is from a world back in time. Its charming and elegant and reminds me of places my grandfather took my grandmother back in the day. If you're looking for less of an old black and white movie vibe, go when its warm and sit on the patio!!Special Features:
- BoulderfoodiesDined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent with the traditional appetizer as always great. The server was excellent as she was there when you needed her and had excellent peripheral vision such that one could always get her attention.Special Features:
- Amazing place for a special nightPunkyRoseDined on 10/31/2014Amazing atmosphere, exceptional service, and phenomenal food made the Briarwood Inn worth every penny and more. the four course meal makes a great date night or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's ChangedDisappointedDined on 10/20/2014As customers for 32 years, we were disappointed with the entirely different feel we experienced. We usually save visits to the Briarwood for special occasions. This visit was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. What a surprise!! The wait staff was one person instead of the previous many who would constantly provide attention to the customers. The menu was significantly reduced and the meal I had been thinking about all day was not available. The appetizer tray was there, but it definitely wasn't the same and neither was the preparation of the spinach salad. The final straw came with the dessert tray which was nothing like the previous. Not sure if they are just cutting costs, but we won't be back for a some time to find out.Special Features:
- Extremely EnjoyableBarbie61Dined on 10/19/2014First time for brunch and we are looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- Quiet old world styleMom2groomDined on 10/18/2014We have been going to the Briarwood for years but the food quality had declined. We decided to give it another chance for an engagement dinner for our son and were pleased that the food was great again. I did miss the appetizer and dessert that used to be included with your maw and found the entres to be pricy, but it is quiet and you can carry on a conversation. Service was less attentive then I recall from past visits but overall al good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of GoldenmehorstDined on 10/12/2014We had dinner with friends at Briarwood and it couldn't have been better. Our table was right next to the fireplace, which was perfect for our friend who is always cold. The service was impeccable and friendly. and the food was excellent: a selection of salads and soups (I'm partial to the warm spinach salad), generous sized entrees cooked to precisely order, bookended with an apetizer tray and a dessert tray. This was not my first visit to the Briarwood and will definitely not be my last.Special Features:
- Great place for an anniversary!ColoNativeDined on 10/11/2014Excellent service, beautiful setting and great food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I've eaten here in the past and they lived up to there greatnessSpecial Features:
- Afternoon teaBarbieDined on 10/11/2014Brought a good friend (who had never been for afternoon tea). The service was as usual excellent and the food was very good except the scones were rather dry. This is such a wonderful thing to do with friends.Special Features:
- Top notchSirhodDined on 10/8/2014From start to finish an excellent experience. Fireside table. Attentive servers. Varied menu. Good food.Special Features:
- Not My Kind of RestaurantArn28ColoDined on 10/5/2014I do not care for restaurants with an a la carte menu. I will not be returning to the Briarwood.
- Briarwood BrunchCanucksDined on 10/5/2014We were the first to arrive for the day and were treated very well by the staff. The menu was full - fruit salad, champagne, choices for main course, coffee and sweet treats. More than a normal person should eat at one sitting! The flavor of the omelet was rather bland - even with several components inside. Perhaps a bit more spices would have helped. The room got busier as our meal proceeded but the service was still excellent.Special Features:
- Very poor meal and serviceFoodcrazyUSADined on 10/3/2014I'm very sad to say our dining experience was poor; the restaurant is still lovely, but the prices now are exorbitant for the quality of the meal, the food was average at best and poor for one of our party ordering the Prime Rib, and the service was sub-par. When we used to dine here for special occasions, the meal included the appetizer tray, salad, entrée, and dessert tray for the price the entrees cost now, and the food used to be great. We chose not to order the fixed menu at $65 after I'd read the recent reviews, and our waiter seemed to take offense. He had an attitude of inconvenience. I ordered scallops - the entrée, not the appetizer - at $34 and got three. The Prime Rib was tough and tasteless. Sad to say we will not return.
- Wonderfulluv2dineDined on 10/1/2014Food was outstanding as was the service, lovely place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularsitandspinDined on 9/27/2014We were married at the Briarwood three years ago and we did come for dinner for our third anniversary. It was beautiful, romantic, wait staff excellent. The food as always was inventive and spectacular. Love to visit with everyone every year. Loved the updates to the entire facility, it was more open, yet still had the cozy charm that is expected with the Briarwood. There was a wedding the evening we were there, it provided even more great memories of our wedding day. Charming, charming, charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionJennaDined on 9/27/2014We held a small baby shower for a friend here and it was perfect! Brunch was delicious and the service was fantastic. The setting is formal without feeling stuffy- great for tea as well. Loved it and will have other events here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonuVIPDined on 9/25/2014The Briarwood is celebrating 35 years serving customers.....brought back some of the dishes from years ago. We enjoyed Beef Wellington and Chicken Rochambeau...both delicious. Had enough for a second meal at home. Dinner included salad and dessert - special price $35.00/per person. This offer ends September 30. What a great way to celebrate 35 years at the Briarwood!Special Features:
- Wonderful gem in GoldenDenaDined on 9/22/2014The Briarwood Inn is a family owned restaurant in Golden and has been in the same place for 35 years. It has a beautiful decor and a wonderful chef. The staff is professional and attentive. I was at a table with air on me so the waiter moved us to a warmer place. They have an outside patio for summer days and evenings with entertainment and happy hour. I've been eating there since I was a teenager and it brings back happy memories of dining with my parents at Christmas. My husband and I always enjoy dining there, whether it's just the two of us or with our friends and family. I highly recommend it for special events or a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveHaleighDined on 9/22/2014I dined here with a friend for a birthday celebration. We both ordered the pre-fixed meal for $65. The appetizer tray was spectacular, onion soup great, ribeye good, and desserts ok. Unfortunately, they brought the wrong wine. When we asked, they brought the right wine. Overall, it was a good meal, but for $200, I expected it to be spectacular.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed a leisurely brunch before heading back to Texas from Colorado. The waiter communicated well to help determine the appropriate pace and we were in and out within an hour. The waitstaff were busy that day with a wedding party but were still able to accommodate our special requests. The pastry tray, assorted fruit, champagne cocktail, and brunch menu allowed for a nice assortment. Many of the entrees provided sufficient variety and heartiness to make it a satisfying meal to take the place of both breakfast and brunch in a beautiful setting. It is likely we will return. Hint: If you want to work up an appetite or take a stroll after dinner the Clear Creek Trail is the perfect option.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningnewtogoldenDined on 9/20/2014My second visit this year. Was absolutely wonderful. Service, ambiance and total experience. Highly recommend. Enjoyed the "Special" anniversary menu they had available. Only 3 courses instead of the usual 4, but was a steal at just $35.00 They even recognized our celebration. Received a free gift card at the end from the server. Perfect.Special Features:
- date nightcookie00Dined on 9/20/2014Well it was overpriced for my dinner which was chicken with a fatty piece of very thin ham and a over rich sauce that overtook everything. My husband had beef wellington that was med well instead of med. The salads they offered only had sweet dressings. For which I can not have. Our tablecloth had stains on it. Dinner was 145.00. With a dining room that had no ambiance. Bright lights and no soft music. Not really a romantic setting. The staff is overly friendly. Not genuine. Food was fair.Special Features:
- Prix fix menubblovesbeDined on 9/20/2014The appetizer tray was nicely plated and tasty.My second course of Lobster Fritters was a disappointment, it tasted liked old grease and the shellfish in the third course of cioppino was a bit over cooked. Not a a fan of rice pudding but the rest of the desserts were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 50th anniversaryveryspecialDined on 9/20/2014This is a very good choice for a place to celebrate a special occasion. We noticed most people were there for anniversaries or birthdays. We were happy to have a table rather than a booth. The staff were so helpful in every way. The food was outstanding, the hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. The ribeye was perfectly cooked and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The wine pairings were perfect with the four courses. We were happy to celebrate our 50th anniversary in such a nice setting.Special Features:
- Fantastic High Tea5280GirlDined on 9/20/2014I take my Mom and Grandmother to High Tea once a year, usually at the Brown Palace. Someone I work with recommended I try the Briarwood Inn. I have never been, but thought I'd give it a try at her recommendation. So I brought my sister, mother, and my Grandma to high tea. No downtown parking. I almost cheered. IT WAS FANTASTIC. The restaurant is simply gorgeous, the kind of place you don't see anymore. The dining room was elegant and quite with an amazing copper fireplace. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. The tea was beautiful with lots of options, it came with several courses including a soup. We had an incredible time. They offer it every Saturday and I am going to return during the Christmas season when decorations are up.Special Features:
- Good foodwannabefoodieDined on 9/17/2014Came here to check out the food before picking this as our wedding venue....Awesome food and great ambiance! Cannot wait to show all our guests this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring old menu backGummyDined on 9/16/2014I can't believe this restaurant abandoned it's unique and delicious menu last year and now has a menu I can get at any old place. Really bad decision. We came in for the 35th anniversary only to have the old nenu again.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerRomanticDined on 9/16/2014Awesome food, staff and ambiance! My husband and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner! Thank you so much for making it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We have been dining at the Briarwood for years and have always enjoyed the food, the service and the ambiance. In the last year we have been disappointed twice. Earlier this year we went to celebrate our birthdays and ordered lobster tail. Both of them were under cooked. We returned my husbands and it took 20 minutes to get another. On this visit we tried their 35 Year Celebration menu. It was awful the salad with a Champagne dressing was totally tasteless, the veal was tough and tasteless. The appetizer tray was not included so we ordered bread which we were charged $3.00 for and if we wanted more we would be charged another $3.00. The waitress took forever to check in with us and it seemed we were always waiting for her.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We were there recently for the 35th anniversary special. Our table was under the air conditioning outlet and it was cold. One of the meals was over seasoned. I have been there many times and this was my first time I was disappointed.Special Features: