The Briarwood Inn
1630 8th street
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Briarwood Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebriarwoodinn.com/
- Phone: 3032793121x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Sunday starting at 4:30pm
Afternoon Tea: Saturdays 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Thursday 4pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Tom Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Briarwood Inn has various indoor dining rooms available for private parties, as well as a brand new outdoor Garden Terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Duncan Newman 3032793121x
- Entertainment: Located just 20 minutes west of Denver, within minutes from the Coors Brewery, Colorado School of Mines and The Foothills Art Center. A short drive to the historical gambling towns of Central City and Black Hawk and the renowned Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Special Events: 35th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER
Join us in celebrating 35 years as one of Colorado's most loved restaurants. Enjoy our
featured 3-course $35 menu with a throwback to some original entrees. Menu is offered
every night through the month of September.'
Happy Hour - Monday thru Thursday 4pm - 6pm
All wines by the glass, Cocktails and Bottled Beers $2.00 off
"App Happy" Mondays 4pm to 6pm
Signature Briarwood Appetizer Tray for only $15
A word from The Briarwood Inn
Nestled in the foothills of Golden, The Briarwood Inn has been a time honored Colorado dining tradition since 1979. With a classic continental fare, served in elegant old world charm. Over the years The Briarwood Inn has been awarded numerous accolades including "Top Restaurant for Celebrations", "Most Romantic", "Best Dining Ambiance" and "Favorite Sunday Brunch!" Their wine list of over 250 selections has be recognized by the Wine Spectator's "Award Of Excellence" Whether it is a special occasion or dinner out with friends The Briarwood Inn is always a well deserved treat. All dinners include The Briarwood Inn appetizer tray, choice of salads, choice of entrees and dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Briarwood Inn - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
The Briarwood Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)romantic (109)great for outdoor dining (45)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (43)great for brunch (41)scenic view (36)notable wine list (35)good for groups (29)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great for special occasionJennaDined on 9/27/2014We held a small baby shower for a friend here and it was perfect! Brunch was delicious and the service was fantastic. The setting is formal without feeling stuffy- great for tea as well. Loved it and will have other events here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonuVIPDined on 9/25/2014The Briarwood is celebrating 35 years serving customers.....brought back some of the dishes from years ago. We enjoyed Beef Wellington and Chicken Rochambeau...both delicious. Had enough for a second meal at home. Dinner included salad and dessert - special price $35.00/per person. This offer ends September 30. What a great way to celebrate 35 years at the Briarwood!Special Features:
- Wonderful gem in GoldenDenaDined on 9/22/2014The Briarwood Inn is a family owned restaurant in Golden and has been in the same place for 35 years. It has a beautiful decor and a wonderful chef. The staff is professional and attentive. I was at a table with air on me so the waiter moved us to a warmer place. They have an outside patio for summer days and evenings with entertainment and happy hour. I've been eating there since I was a teenager and it brings back happy memories of dining with my parents at Christmas. My husband and I always enjoy dining there, whether it's just the two of us or with our friends and family. I highly recommend it for special events or a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveHaleighDined on 9/22/2014I dined here with a friend for a birthday celebration. We both ordered the pre-fixed meal for $65. The appetizer tray was spectacular, onion soup great, ribeye good, and desserts ok. Unfortunately, they brought the wrong wine. When we asked, they brought the right wine. Overall, it was a good meal, but for $200, I expected it to be spectacular.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed a leisurely brunch before heading back to Texas from Colorado. The waiter communicated well to help determine the appropriate pace and we were in and out within an hour. The waitstaff were busy that day with a wedding party but were still able to accommodate our special requests. The pastry tray, assorted fruit, champagne cocktail, and brunch menu allowed for a nice assortment. Many of the entrees provided sufficient variety and heartiness to make it a satisfying meal to take the place of both breakfast and brunch in a beautiful setting. It is likely we will return. Hint: If you want to work up an appetite or take a stroll after dinner the Clear Creek Trail is the perfect option.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningnewtogoldenDined on 9/20/2014My second visit this year. Was absolutely wonderful. Service, ambiance and total experience. Highly recommend. Enjoyed the "Special" anniversary menu they had available. Only 3 courses instead of the usual 4, but was a steal at just $35.00 They even recognized our celebration. Received a free gift card at the end from the server. Perfect.Special Features:
- date nightcookie00Dined on 9/20/2014Well it was overpriced for my dinner which was chicken with a fatty piece of very thin ham and a over rich sauce that overtook everything. My husband had beef wellington that was med well instead of med. The salads they offered only had sweet dressings. For which I can not have. Our tablecloth had stains on it. Dinner was 145.00. With a dining room that had no ambiance. Bright lights and no soft music. Not really a romantic setting. The staff is overly friendly. Not genuine. Food was fair.Special Features:
- Prix fix menubblovesbeDined on 9/20/2014The appetizer tray was nicely plated and tasty.My second course of Lobster Fritters was a disappointment, it tasted liked old grease and the shellfish in the third course of cioppino was a bit over cooked. Not a a fan of rice pudding but the rest of the desserts were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 50th anniversaryveryspecialDined on 9/20/2014This is a very good choice for a place to celebrate a special occasion. We noticed most people were there for anniversaries or birthdays. We were happy to have a table rather than a booth. The staff were so helpful in every way. The food was outstanding, the hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. The ribeye was perfectly cooked and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The wine pairings were perfect with the four courses. We were happy to celebrate our 50th anniversary in such a nice setting.Special Features:
- Fantastic High Tea5280GirlDined on 9/20/2014I take my Mom and Grandmother to High Tea once a year, usually at the Brown Palace. Someone I work with recommended I try the Briarwood Inn. I have never been, but thought I'd give it a try at her recommendation. So I brought my sister, mother, and my Grandma to high tea. No downtown parking. I almost cheered. IT WAS FANTASTIC. The restaurant is simply gorgeous, the kind of place you don't see anymore. The dining room was elegant and quite with an amazing copper fireplace. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. The tea was beautiful with lots of options, it came with several courses including a soup. We had an incredible time. They offer it every Saturday and I am going to return during the Christmas season when decorations are up.Special Features:
- Good foodwannabefoodieDined on 9/17/2014Came here to check out the food before picking this as our wedding venue....Awesome food and great ambiance! Cannot wait to show all our guests this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring old menu backGummyDined on 9/16/2014I can't believe this restaurant abandoned it's unique and delicious menu last year and now has a menu I can get at any old place. Really bad decision. We came in for the 35th anniversary only to have the old nenu again.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerRomanticDined on 9/16/2014Awesome food, staff and ambiance! My husband and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner! Thank you so much for making it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We have been dining at the Briarwood for years and have always enjoyed the food, the service and the ambiance. In the last year we have been disappointed twice. Earlier this year we went to celebrate our birthdays and ordered lobster tail. Both of them were under cooked. We returned my husbands and it took 20 minutes to get another. On this visit we tried their 35 Year Celebration menu. It was awful the salad with a Champagne dressing was totally tasteless, the veal was tough and tasteless. The appetizer tray was not included so we ordered bread which we were charged $3.00 for and if we wanted more we would be charged another $3.00. The waitress took forever to check in with us and it seemed we were always waiting for her.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We were there recently for the 35th anniversary special. Our table was under the air conditioning outlet and it was cold. One of the meals was over seasoned. I have been there many times and this was my first time I was disappointed.Special Features:
- too expensiveDisappointedinDenverDined on 9/14/2014Our food was good but not outstanding and price was extremely high - $350 including tip and one bottle of wine for 4 people. This restaurant seems to have outlived its relevanceSpecial Features:
- an upscale Denver restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014a known winner for years. A bit pricey but well worth it. The food, service and atmosphere are outstanding. The holiday decorations make it a must, during the Christmas holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryDined on 9/13/2014Main meal was excellent The desert was stale. when we told our waiter he said it from being frozen. He did not offer a replacement and totally avoided us the rest of the time except to collect the credit card. We wanted a refill of coffee and he wasn't around. He could be seen at another level walking around. the busser was better than the waiter. The busser asked us if we would like a refill of the coffee and when we were leaving he gave us a slice of key lime pie. It was a shame that a stale desert caused this review to be bad. but the poor service made the dining experience worst.
- Very TraditionalPNichDined on 9/13/2014Continental cuisine with no surprises, no fusion - just straight forward dining. Slow paced for patrons and quiet for special, intimate dinners - no loud laughing, kids, rowdy groups - no elevated anything. The service was excellent and the food was very good. Good place to propose (or break up!). Food presentation was very nice and elegant. For me, the entire experience was a little old fashioned and stuffy, but for a a relaxing and romantic evening where you can actually hear each other's words and not have to fight to have a pleasant conversation over loud music or loud talking from other patrons, it is very nice. Hard to believe it is one of the best restaurants in Denver, or the country, but again, very good; not outstanding.Special Features:
- Low info server and fish was dryeaterguyDined on 9/13/2014Ordered the Prix Fixe 4 course. Whether it was where the beef was sourced or what wine pairing should be chosen our server had no idea. The halibut was in a cumin heavy sauce that was just plain weird and was cooked 10 minutes too long to the point of inedibility. The wine pairing is not really a wine pairing as you have to choose...We chose 2 out of 3 correctly but I guess that is our fault for ordering a wine pairing and expecting it to be "paired" with our meal... The prime rib (which i highly doubt was truly only grass fed) was the fattiest prime rib Ive ever seen... but flavorful and the mashed potatoes were great. Desert was a boring collection of out of the box style cookies but the fruit and cream was good. Poor $/quality ratio.
- JcnJonathanN51Dined on 9/12/2014A special restaurant that we have enjoyed over30 years. Unique decor with many different rooms and patio to enjoy. We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff and food was prepared to our liking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Very bad experience. I have been coming here for years and don't plan to return.
- Onion Soup was great BUT ...FeynmanVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went to Briarwood with high expectations: reviews were good & we had been there years before. We were surprised by how few diners there were but thought that was because we were there later in the evening. The onion soup was great but the salads were under dressed. Then everything deteriorated: the waiter forgot to bring the wine & disappeared for long stretches of time. The prime rib end cut was extremely rare - bloodier that the "rare" I ordered - it had to be sent back. Our friends fillet was medium on one end and practically raw at the other - when we sent that back, it took forever to come back and it was still rare! But the real insult was the fact that the fillet had stringy gristle - it was a composite/glued fillet! Yuck!
- OutstandingDined on 9/9/2014The atmosphere was pleasant, the food, both in quality and quantity, was outstanding, and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- RonJDined on 9/5/2014The dinner was a celebration of our anniversary. The food and service was fabulous. The flowers that I had ordered were already set on the table when we arrived for dinner. We have been to this restaurant several times, and have always had a great experience. We will be bringing our friends from California to enjoy the experience at the Briarwood Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BashDWCHITTDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary eating a fine dinner. Had drinks first. Quiet restaurant. The dinning was superb . We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Anniversary MenuDrJeffDined on 9/4/2014We took advantage of the less expensive 35th Anniversary 3 course prix fix menu, but couldn't turn down the iconic Briarwood Appetizer tray. A very nice meal, very nice night.Special Features:
- Definitely worth checking out!TmaupinDined on 9/3/2014Service and dining experience was excellent. We will return for dinner soon. Made our 10 year wedding anniversary memorable .Special Features:
- Incredibly Awesome!!!PickyDined on 9/3/2014I hadn't been to the briarwood inn for a number of years, and went because of their 35 year anniversary special 'flashback' menu. It was incredible food, the beef Wellington was even better than I remembered, and so tender it melted. The appetizer special was worth every dime, and with the exception of the fat chocolate cookie (which was hard and tasteless) the dessert tray at the table was fantastic. We were 'dressed down' and still treated as very important. The wait staff was friendly but not 'in your face' and right on top of everything - you couldn't ask for better service anywhere. Our waiter this evening was exceptional, and the other waitstaff and hostesses were amazing. The chef did an incredible job, and I highly recommend going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I remembernotmpressedDined on 8/31/2014I had not been for 4 yrs and was rather disappointed. I was looking forward to the filet oscar, but it was not available. Also not real impressed with the desserts. Don't know if I will go back againSpecial Features:
- Worth every penny!8in303Dined on 8/29/2014I always love this place! Fabulous steaks, great service, comfortable atmosphere! I wouldn't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014It was good just didn't have that wow factor. We were hoping to be happier with our entrees considering we don't get out much but is was good.Special Features:
- Good and safe, but not inspiring.GoldenHikerDined on 8/29/2014We went for Restaurant week. Service was great, and the food was well prepared, but it wasn't exciting. At 40, we were the youngest couple in there. An older crowd set overall. Definitely on the high end of pricing overall as well.Special Features:
- Disappointed for the first time.love2eatDined on 8/28/2014Service was extremely slow, our salads and dinners were attempted to be delivered to another table near us, seemed extremely disorganized and server was constantly frustrated. Food was good, atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceBrunchDined on 8/28/2014Consistently excellent food, service and ambience. The Tavern is also a good alternative for less formal occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014I do not wish to write a review for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteKentDined on 8/28/2014The Briarwood has become my number one restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't a good experience59anniversaryDined on 8/27/2014We celebrate special occasions at the Briarwood, and have always had excellant food. This time I had the $30 Salmon entry. It was tasteless and had a sauce with it that was worse. It did not include any vegetables or potatoes. My wife's entre did. If this meal was intended to "show off" their food they totally missed the mark.I was very disappointed with my meal and it's cost. theSpecial Features:
- Best food in DenverfoodieDined on 8/26/2014Love the food there, prices are high, but worth to budget for every once in a while. You are paying for the atmosphere - no screaming kids, yeah!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingcasualdinerDined on 8/26/2014The Briarwood Inn was a wonderful venue for a business dinner. Dining on a Tuesday night, the restaurant was not crowded or noisy. The staff allowed our party of three to enjoy a leisurely meal while discussing challenging business topics. The appetizer tray, salad, main course, and dessert were all fabulous. The staff was prompt and courteous, but remained in the background with minimal interruption of our discussion. The house merlot was an excellent option. The Briarwood Inn itself has a tremendous charm and elegance about it. I would highly recommend visiting The Briarwood Inn for special occasions or when needing a more upscale restaurant.Special Features: