The Briarwood Inn
1630 8th street
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Briarwood Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebriarwoodinn.com/
- Phone: 3032793121x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Sunday starting at 4:30pm
Afternoon Tea: Saturdays 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Thursday 4pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Tom Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Briarwood Inn has various indoor dining rooms available for private parties, as well as a brand new outdoor Garden Terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Duncan Newman 3032793121x
- Entertainment: Located just 20 minutes west of Denver, within minutes from the Coors Brewery, Colorado School of Mines and The Foothills Art Center. A short drive to the historical gambling towns of Central City and Black Hawk and the renowned Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Special Events: Happy Hour - Monday thru Thursday 4pm - 6pm
All wines by the glass, Cocktails and Bottled Beers $2.00 off
"App Happy" Mondays 4pm to 6pm
Signature Briarwood Appetizer Tray for only $15
A word from The Briarwood Inn
Nestled in the foothills of Golden, The Briarwood Inn has been a time honored Colorado dining tradition since 1979. With a classic continental fare, served in elegant old world charm. Over the years The Briarwood Inn has been awarded numerous accolades including "Top Restaurant for Celebrations", "Most Romantic", "Best Dining Ambiance" and "Favorite Sunday Brunch!" Their wine list of over 250 selections has be recognized by the Wine Spectator's "Award Of Excellence" Whether it is a special occasion or dinner out with friends The Briarwood Inn is always a well deserved treat. All dinners include The Briarwood Inn appetizer tray, choice of salads, choice of entrees and dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Briarwood Inn - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
The Briarwood Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (108)great for brunch (59)great for outdoor dining (43)scenic view (42)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (32)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (10)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Worth every penny!8in303Dined on 8/29/2014I always love this place! Fabulous steaks, great service, comfortable atmosphere! I wouldn't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014It was good just didn't have that wow factor. We were hoping to be happier with our entrees considering we don't get out much but is was good.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Very expensive and not worth it!!! For the price of meal , quality of food not with it!!! Their dessert tray was a joke !Special Features:
- FavoriteKentDined on 8/28/2014The Briarwood has become my number one restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in DenverfoodieDined on 8/26/2014Love the food there, prices are high, but worth to budget for every once in a while. You are paying for the atmosphere - no screaming kids, yeah!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The Briarwood Inn was a wonderful venue for a business dinner. Dining on a Tuesday night, the restaurant was not crowded or noisy. The staff allowed our party of three to enjoy a leisurely meal while discussing challenging business topics. The appetizer tray, salad, main course, and dessert were all fabulous. The staff was prompt and courteous, but remained in the background with minimal interruption of our discussion. The house merlot was an excellent option. The Briarwood Inn itself has a tremendous charm and elegance about it. I would highly recommend visiting The Briarwood Inn for special occasions or when needing a more upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Quiet dinnerMariDined on 8/25/2014Our party of four ate in the Tavern. Very quiet as it was almost empty on a Monday evening. The menu is limited but more reasonable than the main dining room. The food was excellent and the service very attentive.Special Features:
- awesome as usualSusyDined on 8/25/2014again you all out did yourself, everything was wonderful, I had the Summer gazpacho, tasty, crunchy veggies, luscious, flank steak was cook to perfection, mashed pots were smooth and tasty, baby carrots good. The dessert was wonderful, it was a nutella ice box cake, so rich I could not finish it. I would have loved to see the chopped salad as an offering you had at the first Denver Restaurant week but you always come up with great and tasty temptations. I love the place, been coming for as long as you've been around. Thanks for an awesome dinner!Special Features:
- Yummy!ALHJVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food is wonderful, service is great! I did not like the sweet marinade on my steak, but I used a little au jus and it was fine. Generally, never a problem!Special Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014We went here before a show at Red Rocks on Sunday night in August (also during Denver Restaurant Week). We wanted to try a new place close to Red Rocks. The restaurant's menu seemed good and it had gotten Diners Choice Awards for multiple years. However, as soon as we sat down I knew it was going not be a good experience. Food crumbs all over my booth seat, crumbs on my plate and when my husband picked up the wine book he had food smeared all over his hand (some food was stuck to the back of the wine book). Our waiter, while very polite, also came back several times to ask us the questions about our order because he forgot. And our food was not great (I got the steak, carrots and potatoes and hubby got salmon). We will not come back.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We went for the Denver Restaurant Week and were quite disappointed. What the Briarwood was offering for $30 was a real rip-off. My wife had the salmon which was good but was nothing more than a small piece of salmon with no accompanying veggies or potatoes. I had the the flatiron steak which consisted of 5 or 6 very thinly sliced pieces of flanksteak, a dollop of mashed potatoes and 3 mini carrots. That's right. Three! There was no bread and butter provided but they did offer an appetizer tray for $39. We passed on that. We've been to several other restaurants for Restaurant Week (used to be 5280) before so we had a fair idea what to expect. Unfortunately, the Briarwood didn't meet our expectations.Special Features:
- HonuVIPDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated our anniversary at the Briarwood - Ray and John took care of us and did a fantastic job. As usual, we had a delicious meal.....Appetizer tray followed by salad and scallops. Entrée - Peppered steak and Rib Eye - both delicious, tender and moist...done to perfection. Then dessert - what a wonderful way to celebrate 33 years together!Special Features:
- Not Coming Back For AwhileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was not up to the standard we look for at the Briarwood Inn. The carrots were raw. The service was great as it always is.Special Features:
- Old-fashionedlovegourmetfoodDined on 8/24/2014This is the kind of restaurant that Grandma and Grandpa are expected to love. We didn't! The food is predictable fare, nothing interesting, but not bad. I asked for no onions on the salad, and got onions, then had to wait for a long time to get a salad without onions. The salmon was overcooked and pretty bland. We won't go back.
- Good evening with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014we had a party of six and were seated at a round table which was nice for visiting. One person ordered a beverage and it did not come in a timely fashion and we had to request the order again. Desert was served and we were not asked if coffee or tea was wanted, again we hade to request this after we received the desert. The sun was in two of our guests faces and the blind did not go down far enough to shield the sun from their faces. The food was excellent, which was important because we chose the Briarwood because we have always been pleased with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceJenMarieDined on 8/24/2014One person loved the restaurant week menu; the other thought it was OK. The gazpacho was excellent; the Colorado peach dessert was a bit disappointing because we didn't like the jalapeno ice cream flavor with the peach flavor. I would recommend sticking with the regular menu, which is always excellent food.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The salad and salmon were very good, but it is pretty pathetic that you have to pay extra for bread. Also the main course had no vegetables or starch with it. The peach dessert was very small - two bites at most. Not a good value even for 5280 and we won't be going back.Special Features:
- GoldenJonnyInGoldenDined on 8/22/2014The curried Halibut was amazing, all 4 courses were Golden!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterJackpotjjDined on 8/21/2014The service was fantastic, the food so-so, way too expensive.Special Features:
- GoodanniversaryspecialDined on 8/20/2014Food was great, wine was wonderful, sommerlier was very nice, crowd a bit older than I remember! Maybe a bit too blue hair for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Our family loves the Briarwood and we frequently come for special occasions. We love the atmosphere, the service and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- HonuVIPDined on 8/20/2014Met friends for Music on the Terrace - CU Buffoons. Wonderful evening. Enjoyed a glass of wine with the artichoke/spinach dip while listening to 8 CU students sing A Cappella. Ordered the Tenderloin Tacos - delicious with beans - spicy (at least for me) but extremely tasty. Others enjoyed the Fish & Chips - not too much batter - delicious chips. A little rain didn't stop the enjoyment - the entertainers sang on and no one left. They broke up the singing with jokes - made for a most enjoyable evening. Next Wednesday is the last Music on the Terrace for the season - jazz - don't miss it!Special Features:
- Messed up reservationlulu123Dined on 8/20/2014I made a reservation for the patio. When we arrived they told us they dont take patio reservations. I said well you gave me one when I made the reservation. So we had a drink and left. Disappointing
- An enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014All were impressed about everything. The restaurant made an occasion specialSpecial Features:
- HortonHortonDined on 8/18/2014An item on the menu listed "Farro" to accompany the meat and vegetables. My wife is gluten intolerant. We asked what Farro is and were told it was an old grain and was gluten free. My wife ordered the dish, ate the Farro and spent the next two days in bed with severe pain and discomfort. We "Googled" Farro and found that it is NOT gluten free. An otherwise pleasant dining experience has left us very irritated that the restaurant staff were so ignorant.
- Saturday Brunchmarymac9Dined on 8/16/2014I love the Briarwood Inn. It is a great palce to eat. That being said, I hope they add more gluten free options for their gluten free guests. She had little to choose from and no pasteries were available to my guest except the coconut macaroon. I know the Briarwood chef's can hopefully add gluten free to their menus. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationWeeklyDinerDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I and another couple dined at the Briarwood Inn for my friend's and my birthday. We had a lovely evening. They've freshened the dining rooms so you still get the woodsy feel, but it seemed lighter. The food was excellent. We started with the appetizer tray. Always a favorite and was excellent as expected. My husband loved the spinach salad and the other 2nd courses were delicious and well prepared. The steaks were prepared to the proper doneness (from medium well to rare) and were very tender and flavorful. Dessert held a variety of sweets which we enjoyed. The service was exceptional. There when you needed them, but not hovering. All in all a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- High TeaTeddVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is plentiful and delicious. The service and atomsphere make this a very special restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experienceGrannyDined on 8/9/2014Our table for two was right by the windows allowing a lovely view of the "river" that ran past the restaurant along with trees and shrubs making us feel like we were dining outside. (There is seating on the patio but we chose to be inside.) Our waitress was altogether lovely and very helpful in explaining the menu. Her service was excellent. The food portions were very generous. After eating for an hour we still took half the food home. This is a quiet, elegant setting fit for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Disappointed. Had to find a waitress to get a glass of wine in the bar, heard a crash of wine glasses, and the prime rib was not tender. Not great place for a quality steak.
- HonuVIPDined on 8/6/2014Another Wednesday night enjoying friends and Music on the Terrace. Cocktails, dinner and entertainment. What more could you need on a Wednesday night. Ordered Fish/Chips, Sirloin burger, Summer Cobb Salad and Spinach/artichoke dip. Everything was delicious. Had a 3 year old with us - after each song she was clapping - she knew what to do. Fun evening for everyone! Not too many more Wednesdays scheduled - enjoy it while you can.Special Features:
- Well Done!live2wineanddineDined on 8/6/2014Very welcoming and pleasant. Our server was knowledgeable of the menu, wine list, very warm, friendly and attentive. The four course meal was plentiful, delicious and displayed beautifully.Special Features:
- 50th Anniversary Party!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014The Briarwood Inn was outstanding - we booked for my parents 50th wedding anniversary - the staff went out of their way to ensure we had a lovely table outdoors for the evening. Entertained by "Sinatra" it was a perfect Colorado venue! Additionally our family has a peanut allergy and the staff was extremely knowledgeable on ingredients and helped provide for a great meal for all of our guests.Special Features:
- Champagne & OystersoysterloverDined on 8/4/2014We saw the advertised special for Champagne and Oysters for $10. We are fairly frequent diners at the Briarwood. The oysters were fresh and very good. The champagne was not Dom but it was very good. For the price and the atmosphere, it can't be beat. They also had their appetizer tray on special (Mondays) for $15. This was our entire meal. I recommend it whenever they have this special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 8/2/2014Excellent as always. Amazing food and unsurpassed service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceshevans2Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at the Briarwood Inn. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was quiet and was perfect for celebrating our anniversary. All staff members were attentive to our every need and each of the four courses was timed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonuVIPDined on 7/30/2014Perfect place to celebrate our retirement - had a private dining area with excellent service from Bryce and Patrick. Everyone enjoyed the evening. Ordered from the Tavern menu - most had fish/chips - everyone thought they were delicious - more than enough. Two of us ordered the Cobb Salad and a number of our guests had the Tenderloin Tacos - which were no only filling but they were tender. A couple friends ordered the house made ice cream - best around. Began the evening with the spinach and artichoke dip and cocktails. Spent about 3 hours enjoying food and friendship.Special Features:
- Wonderful Time on our AnniversarylacuisineDined on 7/28/2014The service was excellent and the food was what I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. My husband and I have made it a tradition to go to this restaurant every year for our anniversary. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We love to drive from Colorado Springs to the Briarwood. The food is filling, the presentation of all of their food is fantastic, and their service is awesome.Special Features:
- FoodRockies93Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time there. Went to celebrate 45 years of marriage. Great service but temperature of food was warm at best. I had a Rib Eye and my wife had Prime Rib. Nice cut of meat but neither was hot. Mash potatoes and vegetables were the same. Desserts were delicious. It was not very busy for a Saturday night. Probably won't go back. Too many other choices.Special Features: