The Breslin Bar and Dining Room
16 W. 29th Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Breslin Bar and Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thebreslin.com/
- Phone: 212-679-1939x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
Breakfast 7am - 11:45am
Lunch Noon - 4pm
Dinner 5:30pm - Midnight
Saturday and Sunday
Brunch 7am - 4pm
Dinner 5:30pm - Midnight
Bar Open Til Late!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, British
- Executive Chef: April Bloomfield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Breslin Bar and Dining Room
April Bloomfield and Ken Friedman's Michelin-starred restaurant, The Breslin, offers seasonal menus which embrace nose to tail cuisine, small growers and local farmers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Breslin Bar and Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (20)special occasion (17)late-night find (15)romantic (8)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Attention to DetailOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014From the initial contact our server was on her game and executed every task efficiently and professionally without being unapproachable. The kitchen is precise and the food exceptional. Don't visit without trying the seafood sausage and the charcuterie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Spending nearly $100 for breakfast for three (no booze) without much trouble seems a little extreme, though everything is very well thought out and well-executed. A great place for a quiet bespoke breakfast, but, even by NYC standards, the bottom line is that the food is great, but not that great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014I usually come here for the lamb burger. But this time - I have to say there has been a significant decline in quality. My burger came out almost raw and had no taste. And the fries... where has the thick-cut thrice fries gone?
- Excellent, recommendedFrogskinDined on 9/13/2014Has Saturday brunch here - a little disappointed that the weekday lunch menu was available on the Sunday. I had the Full English and my other half had the lamb burger. Excellent food and while slightly dearer than an average cost of said meals in NYC these are not average versions - very high quality sausage, black pudding and tomato (& my better half plus the couple next to us loved the lamb burger). I would say the represent great value. As you would expect there are great drinks options and the Princess and the Pea cocktail was delicious. I will be back to try the lunch and/or dinner menus at some stage as I was looking forward to some of the offerings there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced and over-hypedContrarianVIPDined on 9/12/2014A pity that the $158 36 oz rib eye at our table was 50% fat + gristle. The table nearby didn't have this problem. We probably should have spoken to the manager; instead we brought most of the beef home. Our Jack Russell terrier has great cuspids; unlike us, he enjoys mounds of salted fat and gristle.
- British!!LoulouVIPDined on 9/5/2014I loved the atmosphere at Breslin! So British this cool place , you can see fashionable people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtematicVIPDined on 9/5/2014Being a really good Brit gastropub pretty much means excellent breakfast. Eggs, oatmeal, etc., but all with twists: curried lentils and yogurt with the poached eggs, a tuna puree with my tomato and soft-boiled egg on delicious bread, all done by a great kitchen, and washed down with a pot of PG Tips. Thank you very much indeed.Special Features:
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Took diverse group of 8 colleagues. All were impressed with food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch mealJasonDined on 8/21/2014Breslin nailed it last night with top notch ingredients and a helpful waitstaff. The seafood sausage, heirloom tomato salad and lamb burger were the highlights. Can't wait to come back for a large format meal.Special Features:
- The Best Lamb burger!!!ciaoshopDined on 8/20/2014I dream about the lamb burger and the caesar salad is excellent. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingDjh82Dined on 8/16/2014Small portions, really lackluster service, just meh for something I thought would be really enjoyable. When I spend $70 on breakfast for two (with no booze!) I expect more.Special Features:
- April Bllomfield knocks me outFoodwomanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Imaginative, big flavors...she is one of our best chefs. Nothing more to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lamb Burgers + SeriviceNewyYrkNativeDined on 8/14/2014Making a reservation allows you to get a booth, which looks/feels better than general seating. Booths are very intimate and have plugins to charge your devices + adjust mood lighting, solid concept....at no additional cost. Servers were very much interested in sharing recommendations and making sure our team was taken care of. Food was great (Lamb Burgers + Fries) ambiance was awesome. I highly recommend. There was a mixup with the billing at the end (they overcharged me) and they fixed it. For this reason my rating in 4/5. If they'd offer to comp dessert or drinks for our hassle, I'd have left swooning and singing their praises for such amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne007VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was really good. Not what I expected but incredibly satisfying with good quality ingredients. The lamb burger completely lived up to its reputation as did the scotch egg. The Pimms Cup was amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to people.Special Features:
- Good food barOtavioSFarahVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very good food and the bar is very interesting. Better to go at night because everything is dark.
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/9/2014The Breslin Bar and Grill is aptly named; its ambiance is a combination of both, rather funky. The Caesar is one of the best we have had in a restaurant and we would order it again in a minute. The much touted lamb burger on the other hand was disappointing, medium rather than medium rare and therefore dry but the biggest problem with both the burger and the fries was too, too, too much salt. Wines by the glass were okay but the white negroni was more ice than anything else. I'm glad we tried Breslin, but we won't be back for a while.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014I have been to the Breslin several times and generally enjoy the food and ambience. My last visit the service was very in attentive. We ordered the terrine platter and I expected a description of the various items but we were left guessing. Our lunch took 1:35 minutes due to lack of attention, which was much too slow on a workday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDrChantalVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had the lamb burger for brunch, it was delicious but a bit too salty. The thrice cooked chips weren't as crispy as I would have expected and also extremely salty, and I love salt. The homemade ketchup was tasty. Ambience was good, will likely return to try lunch or dinner or just to hang out for drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerjoeCVIPDined on 8/1/2014Ecclectic ambience..great apps..burrata/razor clams/stilton beef pie...oysters were mediocre..lamb burger was killer! Not sure why they made us wait 15 mins when there were a few vacant tables in front of us....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- April Bloomfield & Staff rock!FoodwomanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Order by seasonality of what is cooking under this amazing team. You won't regretSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJLRLVIPDined on 8/1/2014I was expecting more from this restaurant, but found mediocre service, overwrought food, and a dark atmosphere. Server refused to take a starter order before our entire party arrived in a way that was less than gracious. Menu is uninspired. Halfway into our meal I felt trapped and could only think about leaving (which was difficult as it look almost 20 minutes to pay our bill). With so many wonderful restaurants in the city, this one is not worth the effort, despite the hip location.
- Great neighborhood pubSimpleDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014If you are in need of a breakfast, lunch or dinner gastro pub in which to meet a friend or client and have a bite in midtown east or NoMad, you can't do any better than The Breslin. Unfortunately we chose the same morning as the health inspector and the discombobulated staff sent us packing (despite our rez) saying that the kitchen would not be cooking for 30-40 mins. They did invite us to bring back pastries and coffee from Stumptown coffee next door and bring it into their charming dining room, which we did, 10 mins later, only to find that the kitchen had resumed serving. We all chose greek yogurt with honey and fruit. It was yummy but not exceptionally presented. The service was satisfactory but not memorable. Ambiance is fantastic !Special Features:
- Great!foodie13Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, and the tables very cozy and private. There was a charging station at my table, as well - very convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyMadisonDined on 7/22/2014First rate food. Nothing fussy. Limited but excellent wine list. Noisy and energetic downstairs bar and dining. A scene with a hearty menu. Upstairs less loud and more conversation friendly. Service attentive but not overbearing. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suburbandinersuburbandinerDined on 7/22/2014Nice bar scene, dining room a little on the dark side, but overall ambiance is good. Food is very good and a value. Cask ales are a great touch and overall beer selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodiesSubdudeDined on 7/21/2014Found the seating to be quite tight and the noise level high enough to wish I knew sign language but the food was awesome. Did lots of small plates and snacks since there were only five entree size plates to choose from. The scotch egg and the curry goat pasty were the shining stars. We didn't have one since they looked so huge, but the lamb burgers being shuttled around to other tables (lots of them) made me want to come back. Service was also great, considering the number of tables she had to handle. Would probably return for lunch in hopes we could enjoy good conversation along with a great meal.Special Features:
- APRIL AND KEN DO IT AGAIN !OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2014Fantastic, fantastic ! That is the L O N G and SHORT of it ! Will return for an encore.Special Features:
- Meat lovers NirvanaKittyCDined on 7/15/2014Fabulus restaurant focusing on maximum utilization of many kinds of meat. Try the scrumpets, the meat pie and the scotch egg. You can dine on apps and be fully satiated!Special Features:
- Simply fabulousasupertasterDined on 7/12/2014It has been a long time since we have dined in NYC and had such an individualistic menu. So many these days seem put together by the same corporation. Here, everything is truly market driven and the chef seems to have excellent training including classic dishes. The service was excellent and the waitress REALLY knew the dishes.Special Features:
- Great foodMSGFOODDined on 7/2/2014You will need extra time to have there steak or pork dish , about 45 min to prepare , but the special was great , very good tap beer and wine , excellent salads...thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Breslin Bar and Dining Room reviews archive.