The Breslin Bar and Dining Room
16 W. 29th Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Breslin Bar and Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thebreslin.com/
- Phone: (212) 679-1939
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
Breakfast 7am - 11:45am
Lunch Noon - 4pm
Dinner 5:30pm - Midnight
Saturday and Sunday
Brunch 7am - 4pm
Dinner 5:30pm - Midnight
Bar Open Til Late!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, British
- Executive Chef: April Bloomfield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Breslin Bar and Dining Room
April Bloomfield and Ken Friedman's Michelin-starred restaurant, The Breslin, offers seasonal menus which embrace nose to tail cuisine, small growers and local farmers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Breslin Bar and Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (113)hot spot (82)neighborhood gem (63)vibrant bar scene (61)good for groups (43)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (42)special occasion (25)late-night find (21)romantic (18)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- hip but noisy restaurantmunchie123Dined on 11/22/2014Food was good but the restaurant is absolutely noisy. Not much of a place for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pig FootSybloDined on 11/22/2014The Breslin doesn't need my praise; it's been around for a while and has proven itself, but the Pig Foot is perhaps one of those rare and very special dishes that needs to be mentioned. Not for the faint of heart, it is one of the most creative and well thought through meals I've ever had. SybloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCancobDined on 11/22/2014I met a friend from out of town. We started with cocktails at the bar which were delicious, and our bartender was very friendly. Our server in the dining room was also very friendly, patient and explained the menu well. Overall, while we were probably the oldest people there, we felt very comfortable and welcomed at the Breslin. Great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible serviceJasonDined on 11/19/2014Our meal took slightly under three hours for a couple apps and burgers (no dessert) I have been in and out Per Se in about the same amount time. Ridiculously slow. But the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Went here for brunch. It was really cute, the food was delicious, and the waitress was funny. She forgot about my drink for a while, but that was ok. The table they put us at was so-so, there were better ones, and it was a bit shoved in the corner. I would certainly recommend this for brunch for groups of 2-5. Much past that, I am not sure of what they can accommodate. Decor is fun, cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expect much moreGastroPubDined on 11/11/2014A couple of days ago we ate Spotted Pig and it was marvelous. So The Breslin was all the levels much lower standard. Atmoswhere was nice, but food was only ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014I love The Breslin. Have only eaten at the bar, but on Saturday, actually sat at a table……food was delicious……..loved the festive decorations out front….anyway, it was packed; bar was jumping (which is always a good sign)…….I cannot find a fault with it…..only that there are too many foodies there…..thank you.Special Features:
- DonDDonDVIPDined on 11/8/2014We ate here for breakfast. We had not been here before. We were very impressed with the dining room and its ambience. We also thought the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Good food at the BreslindrjjDined on 11/2/2014I went to the Breslin at my last visit to NYC one year ago. And it remains the same: very good food at moderate prices! Due to that also very frequented, so if you don't have a reservation you'll probably have to wait! (Even if you DO have a reservation you might have to wait)Special Features:
- Service Ruined ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food is what saved this place. I could not believe how rude the staff was. The lamb burger and octopus were out of this world. If you don't mind feeling like you're not young and hip enough to be there, then go for it. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch with awful serviceLexi1eatsDined on 10/31/2014Had the scotch egg, chicken liver, seafood sausage, and lamb burger. Everything was crazy delicious. very different menu but very orderable. The service however was awful. Took 5 minutes for a bloody mary and 10/15 minutes for a soda. It came after we had finished the appetizers, it was so late I had forgotten that I had ordered it. All the wait staff was very nice but there were too many people and not person in charge. No one came to see how our apps and meal was. It was such a great meal that was ruined by terrible service, but you should still go and be aware of what you are getting.Special Features:
- Great VibeluvitDined on 10/29/2014It's a definite must see spot - the crowd is great and it has an awesome vibe. It's like a little bit of europe stopped here. The food was interesting, unique and fabulous.Special Features:
- Great food--Service so soMagdaVIPDined on 10/25/2014The lamb burgers are the best in NYC! Service left something to be desired and the noise level was high, but well worth it because of the food. Also the server gave my daughter a short pour on her second glass of wine, but came through when this was pointed out to her.Special Features:
- Vibrant bar and restaurantNYCnoviceDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food and service. Accommodated us even though we were slightly late for our reservation. Recommend to visitors of New York wanting an edgy, vibrant place to dine, with a love of good food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High level Pub fairEatingOut42Dined on 10/20/2014We wanted to try this place largely due because it's run by a women head chef (a rarity in the industry, especially New York). The place has a unique decor, well thought out dishes and delicious cocktails.Special Features:
- Really Good!haphaphappyDined on 10/20/2014Lamb burger, frittata, corn soup delicious. Service sweet and competent. Salt & pepper crisps were stale, but that's a small quibble. Otherwise: outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately dissapointed...AnnieDined on 10/19/2014First time I went to The Breslin I had a great experience. Nice ambiance, very good service and food. Next time, when I took my sister, visiting from Europe, it was not good at all. Waitress was not very nice and not service minded at all. The lamb burger my sister ordered was not warm when it came in, and more than rare, though she ordered it medium rare. When we were asked if everything was ok, we answered truly that it actually wasn't. We got an unpleasant response from the waitress, and she took abruptly out the burger to let it be more cooked, making us feel that we were the ones to blame for the trouble. I had already made reservations ahead for when I get more visitors from Europe next week, but I will probably cancel. .
- Fun diningRobertBVIPDined on 10/19/2014Though we were somewhat the oldest in the crowd, this was a great place for a get-together -- delicious lamb burgers, nice wine and great service.Special Features:
- okpaquin1213Dined on 10/19/2014ok...................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- The lamb burgers....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014.....were fantastic! Great drinks menu as well. The service was wonderful and it's definitely a place we would come to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boss liked it!TheAssistant33Dined on 10/16/2014I booked this spot for my boss and some of his colleagues for dinner. I knew they would love the menu and the whole atmosphere. Next morning, I kept hearing how excellent it was and I had "raised the bar" by making this recommendation.Special Features:
- yumfoodDined on 10/15/2014Food was great, plenty of options and lots of small plates to mix and match. I had the lamburger (delicious) with chamomile profiteroles for dessert and truly decadent peanuts roasted in pork fat to start. Would recommend all. Service pretty slow and not very attentive, but our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable so on balance it was fine. Want to come back with a bigger group for the fried chicken feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun hipster crowdSTUFFEDVIPDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed our Sunday brunch with a fun Sunday brunch crowd very much. Some restaurants are unable to prepare something as simple as breakfast potatoes, but these were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great for bfastJE23VIPDined on 10/12/2014Food was tasty, but it's DARK in there for the morning!Special Features:
- Great food in a perfect settingLenoreDined on 10/10/2014We were probably seated at the best table in the house, a booth in a private corner near the kitchen. In this quieter, more intimated setting, the lighting was just right and we were able to hear each other over the excellent playlist and chatter of other patrons. We found the decor is rustic but elegant, and appreciated the assortment of charger cables for our phones. We ordered the branzino, the lamb burger, the cornish hen and the braised pork. Everything was succulent, but we felt the hen was too pink, even though the chef double-checked the temperature. We should have send it back a 2nd time. Service was friendly, attentive and well timed. Our visit brought back fond memories of London and English gastropubs. We recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!HonhshiDined on 10/8/2014They were very kind as always. Also I asked a desert with candle for my friend's b day party when I got there. Of course they did not forget. Very touch and nice. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceFaytheDined on 10/8/2014Plenty of atmosphere once you finally find your way inside(it's off the hotel lobby for a hint) and the food was good. We waited quite a while for a table despite a reservation. No specials. No bread and butter. Waiter in a milk bottle on the table made it easy to refill our water glasses which was good because the server never did. Food was very good, but excpensive for lunch and the neighborhood.Special Features:
- LOVE!!NYCfoodie622VIPDined on 10/8/2014I love the Breslin. Not only do they serve Stumptown coffee from the on-site coffee bar, they also have a delicious and not-so-run-of-the-mill menu. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All really good. My only complaint is that the menu is sometimes a little limited. If you aren't digging their menu du jour of about 6-7 items, it can be a bummer. But it also forces you to go outside your comfort zone, which is a good thing. I've always found something scrumptious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely and Delicious BUTRickyDined on 10/7/2014My recent lunch at THe Breslin Bar was great EXCEPT the server was over-worked or distracted or did not care. He was pleasant enough but never came to us in timely fashion. Delicious Lamb Burger and my friend had the Fish & Chips. I eat here regularly and its a fun spot. Just not this last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT A PLACE TO RUSH THROUGH...TrudesDined on 10/6/2014I BROUGHT A FEW FRIENDS BEFORE AN EVENT AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, AND 2 OF THE FOUR OF US WERE NOT INTO GOURMET FOOD. SO, FOR THEM IT WAS A WASTED EXPERIENCE. I HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES FOR LUNCH AND BREAKFAST, AND ALWAYS HAD A GREAT MEAL, AND GOOD VIBES FROM THE PLACE, AND THE STAFF. WE GOT THERE ON TIME, MAYBE 5 MINUTES LATE FOR OUR RESERVATION, AND I BELIEVE WE DID NOT INFORM THEM OF OUR CONCERT UNTIL AFTER THE SALAD COURSE WAS SERVED. THEN THINGS WENT DOWNHILL BECAUSE OUR FOOD TOOK ANOTHER 40-45 MINUTES, AND BY THEN, WE WERE RUSHING AND TRYING TO FINISH UP, PAY, AND LEAVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedlesliealexandraDined on 10/6/2014Had been wanting to eat here for ages, and frankly disappointed. We were seated approximately 3 feet away from kitchen entrance, with my dining partner staring straight into a brightly lit fluorescent light bulb! Seriously. We asked if they could close a curtain to cover the glare but they declined. Also a/c was blowing so hard that our placemats were flying off the table.
- Gem of a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014With a great drinks menu, laid back atmosphere and edgy decor, the thing that really stands out at the Breslin Bar is the attention to detail in its food. The lamb burger was a highlight with a juicy lamb patty served with thick cut chips and delish side mustard sauce. The burrato and scotch eggs were also delightful!Special Features:
- Disappointing Brunch MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I wish they had the brunch menu as mentioned in Unique Eats. I went there specially during Brunch time to try the mozzarella sticks and Razor Clams. They said they only serve them during dinner. Otherwise, the other food we ordered is alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service and overpricedevrythngbacon27Dined on 9/28/2014I did a lot of reading on places to eat in NYC and picked this place because it had good write-ups on line and was on route home to our hotel from Sleep No More. I wouldn't have minded things being overprice if the service had have been better as I expect to pay more in NYC. Our server was arrogant and did a horrible job of selling the menu to us (even after we asked questions) and would leave us for long periods of time when we would have ordered more food had he come back to us. By then end when he finally brought the dessert menu we decided to just get the check because we didn't want to waste any more time or money on this place. The only time he was quick was when he delivered the bill and returned minutes later to collect our cash.
- strange servicelilchezyDined on 9/28/2014We had a really nice meal here, and very much enjoyed the atmosphere and the vibe. Strangely when I asked about the specials that i saw written on the board, the server just said, "no, everything is special". Later I heard a different server describe them to the table next to us. i was a little disappointed but otherwise was glad to have finally had a nice meal at the Breslin. I had the full english and my wife had the stuffed poblanos.Special Features:
- LetdownlivetoeatDined on 9/21/2014This experience was marked by a host of negatives including having to wait 15 min for an open table when I had made a reservation, terrible service (I had to ask for my check), cramped tables, tiny portions and mediocre food quality. A tremendous letdown on every level.
- All about the lamb burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I have been there a dozen times. We have ordered many different apps. Have not been able to order anything except the lamb burger as an entree . It is marvelous, delicious and always perfectly cooked Can't wait to go back Ps. Could be the best fries on earth alsoSpecial Features:
- Needs help.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had 9:30pm reservations on a Friday, so we expected it to be busy, but we didn't expect that our meal wouldn't arrive until 11. If you know you're a popular restaurant, make sure you have the service to support it.
- food that makes you happyPaulVIPDined on 9/19/2014Original take on hearty food. Not for the light hearted. Prepare to eat Scrumpit. Scotch egg and oysters my fav. Drinks originally and amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Attention to DetailOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014From the initial contact our server was on her game and executed every task efficiently and professionally without being unapproachable. The kitchen is precise and the food exceptional. Don't visit without trying the seafood sausage and the charcuterie.Special Features: