The Brasserie Restaurant & Bar
170 Railroad Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brasserie Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7076367388
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am All Day Menu: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Whipple
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer large party seating in our upper dining room. We are able to accomodate single tables up to fifteen guest's and groups up to 45 people at smaller tables. The Brasserie Lounge offers an outside patio perfect for groups up to thirty people.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Clark 7076367388
- Special Events: Please contact Josh Cilley at 707-636-7160.
A word from The Brasserie Restaurant & Bar
Our Brasserie is a neighborhood restaurant that serves small and large plates. We are open every day of the week, serving all times of the day, offering high quality at a fair price. Chef Richard's belief in serving certified-organic and wild ingredients from as many local farmers as he can support, has earned him "Best in Show" awards 4 years in a row from The Sonoma County Harvest Fair. We believe in treating our guest's with graceful, friendly service every time they visit us. Join us in the restaurant or on our outside patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brasserie Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Good for a quick mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed the breakfast. We wanted plain, good food, after way too much wine tasting.Special Features:
- Business LunchLunchingDined on 6/27/2014Nice spot for a quick bite or a more leisurely dine. The food was excellent from the small bites to the sandwiches.Special Features:
- lilwinerWine2wineDined on 5/8/2014Love the Brasserie. Highly recommend, especially the patio seating on a nice evening. Great service and resonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the The Brasserie Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014Got together with a girlfriend any my mom. Restaurant was not busy (Sunday evening) and was delighfully quiet. We enjoyed booth seating. Service was very good and all of our selections were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly this is a consistent "MISS"JenSonomaVIPDined on 10/16/2013I was looking for a convenient place to meet a client who was in Sonoma County on business, and we wanted to meet for a late lunch. I thought this would be a good, easy to find place. Sadly, because we are both foodies, the food dissapointed. While the beet salad was edable, I couldn't eat the asian pork taco as the mini tortilla was dusty-dry and had minimal filling on top, and tasted bad. My client, a vegetarian, just picked at his Togarashi Spiced Tofu - so it was obvious he didn't enjoy it. I apologized to him that we should have gone somewhere else in SoCo that provides a far better representation of our local culinary talent. Lesson Learned, so much for convenient location.
- The food was excellent. TheDianeVIPDined on 10/2/2013The food was excellent. The servers are very friendly and sociable. Since we've eaten here before we remember their names and they remember us too. The prices are kept at a moderate rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, slow servicedsptDined on 9/28/2013Did not realize this restaurant was inside a hotel. But there we were in a strange town, and didn't have enough time to figure out a different option. We were the first group of diners. In total, there were 4 groups while we were there. We had to ask for the bread that was promised. The bread was the best part of the meal. Everything else was ok, quite edible but not particularly noteworthy. A lot of oil on the vegetables which otherwise would have been cooked to the right doneness. Service was slow throughout. Really, how long does it take to get a cup of coffee after dinner. They know you're eating, they're going to offer the coffee, have it made already. So, no, would not recommend.
- Poor ServiceNWvisitorDined on 9/16/20133 meals had terrible, somewhat un-professional. Need to retrain or hire new staff if they want to succeed.Special Features:
- Can't believe that the BrasserieOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/4/2013Can't believe that the Brasserie isn't totally packed all day ! It is a bit far to walk from the downtown 'financial district' but has great free parking. We think everything about it is great ! Servers Malik and Nick are always very attentive (but never hovering) and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made resv. and even calledOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013I made resv. and even called the day before (outdoor dining) and when we got there our table wasn't even ready. We stood there waiting while they put two tables together. They never even set the table. We didn't get our silverware til after our food was served. Service was slow, had to ask for more coffee when our cups were completely empty. I received my food and it wasn't as the menu stated....English muffin not biscuits for the special Benedict. Didn't ask what type of potatoes (hash browns or country). It was sad since I raved about this place...... the other guest will not be going back.
- Food is Always DeliciousHappyGuyDined on 5/2/2013I love dining at the Brasserie. Menu items and specials are really delicious. Good value, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehthomashowardDined on 4/23/2013The green beans with the shriveled ends were getting ready to have a Birthday. The menu is unrecognizable from pre Hyatt days.There is a difference between the online menu and the single page we received for our dinner choices. A couple food items were out and substitutions had to be made. Nothing like the old BrasserieSpecial Features:
- Second time (Easter) we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Second time (Easter) we have visited this restaurant for a holiday meal. The food selection was not as exciting as the first holiday (Thanksgiving) offerings but good quality and well prepared. Nice setting and quiet. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Our overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Our overall experience was very good. It took a little while to get waited on initially, which was a little hard to understand as there were not too many people there at the time we were there. Once we made contact with our servers they were prompt and friendly. I had the dungeoness crabcake eggs benedict. When they came out the egg was cooked hard, as was another one of my dining partners that ordered the traditional benedict. We both sent them back. The wait staff was extremely kind and when they saw our disappointment insisted we send them back. It came back quickly and it was probably the best breakfast encounter I have ever had. Overall it was good but pricey. Definitely special occasion breakfast only.Special Features:
- We went to The Brasserie forClaraandJimVIPDined on 3/21/2013We went to The Brasserie for Restaurant Week. Although it's part of the Hyatt hotel in Santa Rosa, this isn't your average hotel restaurant. The food, service and ambiance were all excellent and stand on their own merit.
- Horrible Service!!!!!anickyDined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I went for Valentine's Day and arrived two mins before our reservation, and were seated promptly and the hostess was sweet. Our waitress on the other hand passed us by numerous times before even asking if we wanted water. I have worked in a restaurant so I know they can get overwhelmed, but when you are seated for 45 mins before she tells you "sorry it looks like we've been out of calamari can i get another appetizer started and I had the cooks start your dinner" ...first off, after 45 mins I should have already gotten my meal, let alone my appetizer. I was so hungry we left and went to a sushi bar (Boat House!) and were seated, and had our food in about 15 mins--It was delicious!!!
- This was my first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was my first experience at this restuarant. I found the service to be excellent. We had a reservation but decided to spend some time at the bar. After we finished our time there, we had no wait to be seated at our table. Our server was friendly, constantly refreshing my water glass, pouring my wine and checking in just enough to ensure everything we needed was provided. Really good service in my book. The ambiance was clean, lite enough to see your menu and guest but dim enough to set a casual - romantic mood. The food was pretty good. I went off course and ordered something I normally wouldn't order. I ate most of it and enjoyed it. I imagine if I had ordered something I was familiar with, I'd graded higher for food. Overall - A-Special Features:
- This is a very nice place,lthbDined on 2/14/2013This is a very nice place, it was much larger than I thought with rooms off of rooms allowing for some intimate nooks. The food was very good but the service lacked just a bit. One in our party was offered a salad, others were not; after being served our dinner, the waiter disapeared for 20 minutes, only one water refill and no coffee was offered with dessert. Nice place but a little disapointing concidering we dropped over $150 buck on a dinner for two.Special Features:
- Service was flawless, we neededOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2013Service was flawless, we needed nothing,food was fresh and nice . thank youSpecial Features:
- The food was very good andWindsorfamilyof4Dined on 1/1/2013The food was very good and creative menu. Our server was very upbeat and knowledgable about their wine list and the menu. Will definately return.Special Features:
- I had never heard of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I had never heard of this restaurant before but food was really good and decently priced. Service was fair and the restaurant had really nice artwork up on the walls. Overall we had a great time. Will definitely go back.
- We had a quiet New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012We had a quiet New Year's Eve dinner in the lounge next to the fireplace. Great service and tasty prime rib.Special Features:
- Touche!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012These folks took us in after 100 miles on the bike. They seated us in a comfy booth and showed us the best their kitchen had to offer all the while taking care to make this a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Pretentious menu made us feelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2012Pretentious menu made us feel we were in for gourmet food. It was not.
- Great food, service and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Great food, service and well priced for the quality of food!Special Features:
- disappointing. Been here manyMartyVIPDined on 7/1/2012disappointing. Been here many times but the regular chef was off and salads were very bland.Special Features:
- pleasent enough, but descriptionjamesVIPDined on 5/26/2012pleasent enough, but description did not give an indication that this was part of the hyatt hotel, and is a bit soleless. Not really any atmosphere at the time we ate.
- the food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012the food was delicious and the service was speedy, courtious, and efficient. The restaurant was practically empty (it was only 6:30) so it was very quiet which I really appreciateSpecial Features:
- Hotel restaurant with averagewilmaDined on 5/5/2012Hotel restaurant with average food. Service amateurish, won't go back.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012I meet a friend there the wine was great the food was better. The staff was amazing.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening!!!AnnieDined on 4/23/2012The Brasserie knocked it out of the park on our visit. We were celebrating my mother-in-laws 96th birthday, and they couldn't have made it any nicer or any more special for her...right down to printing out personalized menus for our table wishing her a Happy Birthday! Service was outstanding, food was outstanding, and I would definitely give Casey and Victoria the highest marks for making our evening - and her birthday - an evening she will always remember...thank you!!Special Features:
- We found the service outstanding,KenAnneDined on 4/17/2012We found the service outstanding, the food delicious and beautifully presented, and our 53rd anniversary celebration made very special. We will certainly recommend The Braisserie Restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- 2 members of our party ateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/20122 members of our party ate the burger and they noted that it was very greasy but good. Because it was a business lunch, it was a bit messy for those in suits.Special Features:
- Lovely food, well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2012Lovely food, well prepared and presented. Had Beet salad with goat cheese, seafood stew and great desserts. Excellent service, friendly and helpful. Room is large and open, but they do have nice booths which give you a feeling of more intimacy,Special Features:
- The priced fixed dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2012The priced fixed dinner was an excellent deal. Good food for a great price.
- Truly great food, and terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2012Truly great food, and terrific service. Even the bus boy was super polite! Perfect timing on food, the drinks are awesome, and the decor is very romantic. Did I mention the food? The portion size was terrific. Not too small and not too large. Just perfect to sit down and enjoy very, very, very slowly. The only downside, I ran out of food to eat!Special Features:
- Since we had a musical eventOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2012Since we had a musical event to attend, we did the St Valentine day dinner early, by one day and at 5:00pm. We had the choice of almost any table, and the full attention of the wait staff. We had the full meno, rather than a special day prix fixe menu, and we found the food to be creative, well thought out, and generous It workd to well, We are considering doing the same on future special days.Special Features:
- No service during dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/11/2012We actually went to Brasserie for lunch and dinner on the same day since we stayed at the Hyatt. Lunch was great; we wanted a quick bite and informed our waitress upfront that we had to leave by noon; food came shortly and our bill was on the table by noon. Excellent! The downside was the dinner. There was only 1 server for the entire backroom. It was fine when there were 4 tables; but as more people were seated, service went down the drain. We got our appetizer and she said my soup would be coming. Then she served us the entrees and never checked back on us (but the whole time, she was really busy running between tables). Long story short, I finally had to ask for my soup (nasty, very salty) after I was done with my entree.Special Features:
- We had a very lovely ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We had a very lovely Thanksgiving dinner with our small family (5). The food and service were excellent. There were several families dining at the same time. It was not too noisySpecial Features:
- The portions were small andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011The portions were small and a bit pricey, but wonderful.Special Features: