The Brass Rail
135 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Brass Rail
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebrassrailnj.com/
- Phone: (201) 659-7074
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, serving brunch from 11:30am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Doug Gough
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering The Brass Rail for your private event. Whether you are celebrating a birthday, a bridal or baby shower, a social meeting, or are planning a corporate event, The Brass Rail is Hoboken's premier upscale dining restaurant, offering a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie Fellens 2016597074
A word from The Brass Rail
For the perfect fusion of Old City Charm and Modern Cosmopolitan Chic, the Brass Rail offers a tantalizing alternative to conventional dining out. Whether you're in search of a funky, energetic visit to the bar or an intimate experience in the upstairs dining room, the Brass Rail has the perfect combination of atmosphere and fine dining. Eat. Drink. Be Happy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brass Rail reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Overall a very nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Overall a very nice experience. The food was very good and the service was very good. The upstairs was away from the noisy bar on the first floor which made dining more pleasurable.Special Features:
- The salmon here is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/1/2011The salmon here is consistently good and desserts are very good as well.Special Features:
- Delicious food and reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011Delicious food and reasonably priced for quality of food when you're looking to go somewhere nice in Hoboken.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Food FoodNJDinerDined on 11/16/2011Excellent Service and Food Food and Wine were superb and wait staff were very attentive without being overbearing went on a Wednesday night and upstairs restaurant was very quietSpecial Features:
- Never againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2011This was the first and last time I will ever go here. They offered a special and then they pulled a bait and switch on us. The food itself was disappointing as well. There are many better places in Hoboken.
- Been here before and the foodNancellaDined on 10/12/2011Been here before and the food is good. I just wish they would have turned the lights up, it was very dark, almost too dark to know what you were eating. Jen got the wrong flavor ice cream and we were holding the candle to the plate to try to figure it out.
- I had heard about the foodOccasionalfoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2011I had heard about the food at Brass Rail being really good, but it was surprisingly fantastic! The staff was very attentive and our glasses of water were never empty (as well as wine!) Great food, great service and a great time. I recommended this place to all my friends!Special Features:
- This was my second time visitingLargeDined on 9/16/2011This was my second time visiting Brass rail and again I was unsatisfied. Food is very below average. Service was average at best. Just a plain dinner not worth the money.
- We were a party of four andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/10/2011We were a party of four and had a great experience. We has a knowledgeable server who knew the menu well and was very accommodating to special requests. Had a great glass of wine. Food was excellent. Perhaps a little pricey, but definitely enjoyable.
- This was my second visit toAlexDined on 9/1/2011This was my second visit to The Brass Rail. I think I prefer dining by the bar verses their upstairs dining area. It is a casual enviornment that produces yummy food.Special Features:
- Everything about this placekrisDined on 8/3/2011Everything about this place was great! Went for restaurant week so got a great deal & got to taste a little bit of everything. The place was packed for a rainy Wednesday night- almost all tables were full & bar was full as well. Only complaint was I ordered the shrimp & shells & you only got 2 very small shrimp in the dish - which was extremely disappointing!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2011Went to the Brass Rail as part of Restaurant Week and I loved it! It was my first time there and I plan on going back! The service was excellent, food was fantastic, and the restaurant overall was very clean and the staff certainly knew what they were doing. I plan on bring my parents to the Brass Rail!Special Features:
- Great place for lunch!kg123Dined on 7/27/2011We had an excellent lunch at The Brass Rail during Hudson Restaurant Week. Our particular waitress left a little to be desired, but otherwise it was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- This is always our go to restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2011This is always our go to restaurant. They change the menu seasonally and they always do everything right. Downstairs tends to get quite loud on the weekends, but the upstairs is always quiet and a great place to relax.Special Features:
- Upstairs is best here. FoodGlenfleskladyVIPDined on 6/11/2011Upstairs is best here. Food was creative and tasty. I recommend the scallops! Service was ok. Our waitress did not ask if we wanted drinks!
- Went for an early lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2011Went for an early lunch. Service was great. Sat in upstairs room overlooking Washington St. Very nice having a glass of wine, light lunch and sharing a dessert. Food was standard, but atmosphere was nice without it being overly elegant. Prices were average for Hoboken.Special Features:
- Great brunch. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Great brunch. The food was good and the price even better. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Everything was fair at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/9/2011Everything was fair at best. Very noisy and priced like a quality restaurant of which it was not. Extremely noisy.
- The service was top notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2011The service was top notch. Loved the wine selection. Quite cozy. Romantic lighting. Bar area was buzzing downstairs but our dinner for two was not disturbed. Definitely a keeper!Special Features:
- Casual elegance. Good for in-laws.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2011Nice place to bring your out of town guests who aren't looking for a wild time. The main dining room upstairs can be romantic. The dining room downstairs is more casual but still not rowdy like other places in Hoboken can get. Try to get there in time for their prix fixe. No restrictions. Can order anything off the menu. They also have an unlimited drinks option for brunch. Not what you would expect for a place that could be described as "elegant" but definitely a good deal for brunch. Will return.Special Features:
- Good spot for group brunch dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2011All I will say is that the Brass Rail is more conducive to brunch dining with a group. If you go there alone, you will be ignored!.. Enough said!Special Features:
- My table was not set for thelove2dineDined on 3/22/2011My table was not set for the correct number that I requested on my booking. We didn't have the most warm greeting or attention from our server. The food was good - I ordered the pasta which I normally get and enjoy but this time the whole garlic cloves were raw which does not make for a pleasant taste. They need to work on the bread - the foccacia is not working and the microwaved rolls we had last time were awful.
- Go to the Brass Rail. VeryJosephDined on 2/26/2011Go to the Brass Rail. Very eclectic, great mood and awesome bar. Very nice place in Hoboken. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2011Food was excellent and the pre-fixe menu is EXCELLENT value.Special Features:
- A bit of trouble with theZchasinVIPDined on 2/12/2011A bit of trouble with the host in being seated is the only thing keeping the service rating from perfect. The bartender went into the kitchen to fetch ingredients for a custom coctail for me and the server was happy to bring my girlfriend and I one dish at a time to share - tasting menu stye. Everything we ate was fantastic except for a duck ravioli that was far too acidic. But it was taken back and taken off the bill. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Amazing service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2011Amazing service and ambiance. Perfect place for a special occasion or just for dinner/brunch.Special Features:
- Waitress was very nice andcathi117Dined on 2/3/2011Waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the wine list. They even let us test a couple wines before we picked our bottle. A++ for that. The appetizers and dessert were amazing! The entree was good, but not the best skirt steak we've ever had. Overall, we had an excellent experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- waiter was rude, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/29/2011waiter was rude, food was overpriced for the quality
- Highly recommend french onionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2011Highly recommend french onion soup and the pan seared scallops - wow!Special Features:
- Great food, unique choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2011Great food, unique choices mixed with some classics, all very very good. One of my favorite parts is when you sit down they bring you fresh bread and pesto to dip it in.Special Features:
- The tuna-salmon tartare wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/8/2011The tuna-salmon tartare was rather insipid. The creme fraiche they added to it really did not help it any. The mahi-mahi special was too peppered and dry. And the dessert, fried apple pie, the crust was really yeasty and the fruit inside dried up. The elderflower infusion was delicious. Overall, it's a cute place to stop by for a drink. But go elsewhere for dinner.Special Features:
- We went to the Brass RailOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2010We went to the Brass Rail for our anniversary. It was our first visit and the manager gave us a free dessert, it was like a deconstructed french toast made with pancake batter and served with ice cream. It was delicious. Our server was very friendly and had great suggestions as well. Service was also very prompt. Great draught and bottled beer selection as well as a very big wine list. I had a ribeye, my wife had a tuna steak, both were excellent. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Service, atmosphere, food,carolVIPDined on 11/6/2010Service, atmosphere, food, and bar was fantastic! Prices comparable to others in the area. Great find!Special Features:
- It's hard to find upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2010It's hard to find upscale "adult" restaurants in Hoboken sometimes. This is a nice place to take a date or celebrate a special occasion with a nice bottle of wine. Try the chocolate mousse with peanut butter ganache for dessert!Special Features:
- The upstairs dining room isabckitchDined on 10/9/2010The upstairs dining room is nice. You can actually have a conversation and hear everyone. The food was pretty good- the gnocchi appetizer was especially good. Our waitress was outstanding. Busboys always kept our water filled. Wine selection was also nice.
- Great food. Didn't skimp forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2010Great food. Didn't skimp for restaurant week! Great portions sizes!Special Features:
- Great food! Yum is the wordNancellaDined on 7/29/2010Great food! Yum is the word I'm looking for. There is a regular $29.00 3 course meal. Nice to take mom and dad to. Would go back myself.close to home and a good deal.Really liked it. steak was SO good. Awesome creme brulee too!Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2010The overall experience was average. The food was very nice. We had a couple different entrees among the table and they all seemed to be well done, but the service was absolutely horrid. The restaurant was not the least bit crowded, maybe a quarter full, and it took nearly 3 hours to complete the meal. There was about a half hour between dinner and dessert with no one even coming to the table to take drink orders or anything during that time. I would not recommend solely on the service alone, and that's a shame because the food was absolutely very good.
- We were a group of four andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2010We were a group of four and ordered from the prixe fixe dinner. What a deal! Two had the onion soup which they said was good, one had the enormous bowl of mussels and loved it, and I had the tuna tartare. It needed a little seasoning but was good. Our entrees were the steamed salmon which was excellent served over delicious bok choy, the skirt steak dinners and the special- barracuda which came with a very tasty rice with pistachio nuts. We all enjoyed what we ate. Then we had dessert which is part of the prixe fixe. We had the pound cake french toast with dulche de leche ice cream, the berries, ice cream and a peanut butter chocolate pudding. The only negative- there was too much time between the courses. We were there for a long time.Special Features:
- Went there for brunch. SomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2010Went there for brunch. Some offerings that you normally don't see on a brunch menu, particularly items with a Mexican twist (avocado, nachos, etc.) Overall a nice place to have brunch, particularly if you eat outside.Special Features: