The BQE Restaurant & Lounge
262 Edgewood Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The BQE Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bqelounge.com/
- Phone: 4049966159x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch : Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner :Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Jamel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live band, Live DJ, Spoken Word, Karoake
- Special Events: Fridays and Saturdays Live Band. There is $5 entertainment fee that will be applied to all guest checks between 8pm-11pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
A word from The BQE Restaurant & Lounge
The Bqe Restaurant and Lounge is not your average soul food restaurant. It's soul food amplified! The decor and unique lighting fixtures remind you of a modern day New York speakeasy.Expect to hear cool sounds of neo soul and jazz to free your mind while you dine.The warm eye catching colors and plush fabrics will soothe you as you sip one of our New York inspired signature cocktails. Complete your dining experience with one of our delicious signature desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The BQE Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The BQE Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)romantic (8)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 1st ExperienceKrazyKDined on 10/12/2014The service could have been a little better but we were told at the end that we were the first big party they had and our server was fairly new. So knowing that I will still recommend them. The food was great. I noticed that they also have live music on the weekend which is great because I have a friend who has a band and would love to have "Infinite Sounds" perform and enjoy a relaxing even with my friends. Great food selection for brunch. And I can't wait to experience the dinner menu. So yes, a great place to try if you like the romantic, acoustics vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed my time at BQE. Loved the decor and ambiance. Celebrated my birthday, got upgraded to VIP section since my table booked for reservation wasn't available. Really appreciated the upgrade but the waitress was assigned to our table was nonexistent for our first 1.5 hour in VIP. My guests had to walk to bar to get drinks. Once our waitress came over things were great. DJ was great and we partied til the early morning. Overall great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food And EntertainmentSweet1diningDined on 10/3/2014Went here for my 40th Birthday with girlfriends...had the time of my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereKrisDined on 9/20/2014I visited BQE for my birthday and I enjoyed my time there. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food took a little while to arrive to our table but man was it good. I ordered the red velvet chicken and waffles; the waffles were fluffy and the chicken was seasoned so well! I enjoyed the music that was playing and the atmosphere was right up my alley. I wish there was at least a small dance floor and the evening would have been perfect!Special Features:
- Reservation issues!LeshDined on 9/20/2014I came on a Saturday to celebrate my Birthday. I made reservations for 8 a week in advance. Someone from the restaurant called a little over an hour b4 my reservation and asked if I wanted to confirm and I said yes. When I arrived I realized there was only valet parking which was not mentioned on Opentable, but it was only $5. My table was not ready when I got there so my guests and I had to stand around till people left and they were able to make room for us. The food was excellent, reasonably priced, the scenery was nice, service was great, but the bill surprised us because they took out for gratuity and entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicesecretshopperDined on 9/19/2014I expected more from this restaurant. I had a party of 17 and asked for water and cranberry juice multiple times finally received water after 20 minutes and never received cranberry juice. Extensive wait for food with no update as to what the hold up was for the food.Special Features:
- good but not what I expectedleftunsatisfiedDined on 9/13/2014Reservations were made at this location because I wanted a live band for my birthday dinner. Even when I called back the same week of reservations, I was told that the band would be there and that it was going to be a $5 charge per guest which was fine. Got there and was told that since the fight was showing we had 2hrs to eat or would have to pay $25pp yo stay longer, also because of the fight, no band. We were a party of 17. That took away everything that I wanted my dinner to be and then felt rushed. We spoke with mngmt who std that we could stay an extra hour so we just delt with it. All of our orders came out at diff times. At least a 10 min diff. Some food was good but others were bland. No complaints on the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place Poor ServicePinklady43Dined on 9/12/2014I came here because one of my favorite bands was performing here; Gritz and Jelly Butter. I made reservations and was originally seated opposite the band. We were not able to see them. I let them know that I came to see the band, and was soon moved. The food was tasty; however there were several people that never received their food. And our food came an hour late!!! Most of the other customers left without their meals due to so much confusion.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutLisaDined on 9/6/2014It was a nice place and I would go back to enjoy the meal I didn't eat. I had a mix up with my chicken and waffle order, waited too long and didn't want. My guests were done eating. They staff made me feel like I had to take the breast that I did not order. My party moved to side with the band and was not told about the entertainment fee. That would have been nice to know before we moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to AtlantaLocalgemDined on 9/2/2014A nice quiet getaway. A pleasant time was had. A friend recommended this location for my anniversary. Food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. Would highly recommend to others. As a side note, our anniversary fell on a Tuesday so I am not sure if that was the reason for the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodNikkiDined on 9/1/2014The food is good...but having to seat yourself after making a reservation through open table expecting points won't happen here. Beware!! Plus service is reallllllll slow. So Not good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice & sweetRenSDined on 8/23/2014This place was on what felt like an odd corner. But whe you walk in, its warm and comfy. The set up is personal and intimate. The food was delicious and our waitress was outstanding. We had turkey meatloaf... where else can you find that! And we had fried chicken. Our sides were mac&cheese, honey corn muffins, cream corn, sweet potato tots and mashed potatoes. We plan to go back as they have entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings with low cover charge. The parking was easy since we went early but the lot appears to be tricky when it gets crowded. They have valet but I am not sure if there is a cost or not. Overall, it was a nice find.Special Features:
- BBQ Brooklyn StyleMJGfromNYCDined on 8/18/2014BQE (Brooklyn Queens Expressway) Really good Food and a great Staff. Enjoyed it on my birthday. And a surprise cake with a sparkler from the waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BQE needs marketing/management helpDisappointmentDined on 7/11/2014It was revealed on Facebook on 7/11 that the restaurant would be closing for renovations for two weeks; my reservations for a birthday dinner was the very next day, for a party of 12. This info was NOT posted on the website & someone just happened to see it. I never received a phone call from management, I had to call them to confirm this info was correct. Very unprofessional to say the least. Upon speaking with management, it was verified that the renovation project was decided a very long time ago. Management did NOT try to accommodate the party of 12 & we were forced to cancel. Since this was last minute & the day before, it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a restaurant that could accommodate my group. A new marketing manager is needed quickly.
- DecentApearlCDined on 7/9/2014We made a reservation for dinner on a Wednesday night. Table was ready when we arrived. The restaurant is not very large. The table we sat at was right inside the door. I really like the restaurant's vibe. Our server appeared to be new. She was good but a little slow at times. The main issue we had was how long it took for our food to come out. Took 30 minutes. They only had a few other customers. We noticed the other tables had a long waits as well. The food was just "ok". Nothing really special. The only tasty item was the mac & cheese.
- Eh..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014It's veery small. Seating is not the best so can get crowded very quickly. Great music. Me and my fam of 6 got there for our reservations at 8. Didn't get our food til almost 10. Something about the fryer went down. Also was told a lot of orders went in at the same time which I didn't understand because people who got there after us received the food before us. The good thing about the whole experience was there customer service was great. They were very apologetic both our waitress and the floor manager. They discounted our meal as a good will gesture. Overall I think the place is decent but I think it's good place for just a full bar...and not an actual restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was Fantastic!LilaDined on 7/3/2014The food at BQE was fantastic! I had the salmon with seasoned rice and collard greens and my husband had a turkey burger. We were both very pleased with our meal. We felt sort of rushed because we were sitting in another reserved spot and felt the need to hurry to move so we didn't get to fully experience what the restaurant has to offer. The place is very small and intimate and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the The BQE Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Great serviceCelebrationDined on 6/28/2014Thanks for the great service and warm atmosphere. GREEEEEEAAAAATTT. I HAD VEGGIES and they were all great. Collards, corn, mac n cheese. Oh my goodness😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!bravo8Dined on 6/21/2014We were very happy to find BQE! We live in the neighborhood and what a gem! The food was AWESOME and our waitress was attentive and very friendly. The place is a great mix of awesome food, great music, service, and décor. We shall be back, and often.Special Features:
- service lackingscorpiankingDined on 6/20/2014I was excited to come after seeing it occasionally driving, and reading the reviews. The food is GREAT. The service, not so good. We had to move twice to accommodate an incoming group of 20. They were seated along the couch against the wall, we were told to move or finish our meals in 30 minutes. (mind you we just got there). So we moved along to the other side. Only to find out that the person having the party, liked that area better, so we ate our meals all awhile the party of 20 cutting eyes at us, waiting for us to leave because they wanted to be where we were seated. Felt extremely uncomfortable. also the service was terrible, but the food great. We had to sit and see the staff eat food from MOE'SSpecial Features:
- Great red velvet wafflesCountessVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food is amazing. The butter milk child is to die for. The food is what will keep you coming back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014This was an amazing venue that I visited on my birthday. The employees and the atmosphere were very pleasant, welcoming, and energetic. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for something new and different in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be back!Diva16Dined on 6/7/2014This is a great spot for a girl's night out (don't be on the prowl for men because they are all coupled up) or a boy's night at the bar. It's a small spot but I like the intimate feel of it. The Red Velvet Chicken and Waffles are great. Drinks were watered down so I was not pleased at spending $10.00 for a drink and not even tasting the liquor. Parking is great for the area. This is my second time going and the place stays open till 3. So after a night out with your man or your girls and you aren't quite ready to go home yet, pop in here but be there before 2 am to order food! :)Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We had a reservation for 7pm and the staff were very accomodating for my party of 10. Although not a very large venue, they configured out reservation so that we were all comfortable. Our waiter was extremely prompt and efficient and delivered our food to us piping hot. Definite kudos to the chef, as the blackened salmon and buttermilk chicken and collard greens were absolutely amazing. My friends are still talking about how good the food was. Overall, I would definitely give them another visit. Excellent dining experience with BQE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ComeBrooklynskyDined on 5/31/2014We had a reservation for 5:30 as I was brining my 13 year old and didn't want to get into the late night crowd. We (hubby and Son) truly enjoyed the food. and the service. Our waiter kept checking on us to make sure everything was to our standards. I will definitely return this time later in the evening for a ladies night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night findPissedbirthdayboyDined on 5/30/2014Great spot to just chill out, have a few drinks, and grab some good food.Special Features: