The Bound'ry Restaurant
911 20th Ave S
Nashville, TN 37212Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
The Bound'ry Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boundryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6153213043x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Philip Shyatt
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bound’ry Catering creates memories that last a lifetime. We will be with you every step of the way from event planning, menu design and décor to entertainment and logistics.
Our fine dining approach to catering presents clients with seasonally-inspired menus, prepared to perfection, designed specifically to your event. From Gala seated dinners to company picnics, Weddings and Holiday Celebrations. Bound’ry brings your vision to life. Choose from our buffet style dining to our sit down, multi-course meals and everything in between.
A word from The Bound'ry Restaurant
At the Bound’ry we believe the guest’s experience is our one and only priority. From the moment you call to make a reservation, until we thank you and say goodnight at the door, we will take great pleasure to guide you through a pleasurable and hospitable culinary adventure. Our knowledgeable and friendly service team will guide you through World-Class cuisine, wines, and spirits to create the perfect dining experience…..every plate….every table….every day!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bound'ry Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (20)romantic (19)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fine Dinin'OutSouthAlexDined on 9/13/2014Great service. They were out of the diver scallops and the manager, Maria, comped my meal since they took my order, and weren't able to deliver. I would definitely recommend The Bound'ry to anyone looking for fine dining in that area.Special Features:
- Good FindNawlinsgalDined on 9/6/2014Delicious Food and Wonderful Service and Atmosphere.Special Features:
- Better than averagelynnewDined on 8/30/20142nd time to Bound'ry and not as good as the first time. The best part was the service. Waitress did a fantastic job. Ordered the seared tuna which was all room temperature instead of warm outside and cool inside. Meat and cheese appetizer were pleasantly displayed with good selection of cheeses, meats where a little too dry. Pork belly with tomatoes were quite tasty. We were seated close to bathrooms and I would definitely not sit there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personable and PassionatefluteangelDined on 8/22/2014It was restaurant week and there was antelope and emu on the menu, how could I not go? I went by myself and was shown excellent service by my waitress Karin. I went right when they opened at 5 on a Friday night and they were empty till about 6-6:30 when people started to come in. The ambiance was wonderful! I felt very homey there and very taken care of. The antelope carpaccio was delicious, tender and just melted in my mouth. The emu wellington was superb! Not a hint of gamey-ness and so extremely tender. The dessert was a salted chocolate frangelico tart with raspberry sorbet and toasted hazelnuts and it too was wonderful. The chef came out and introduced himself, asking about the food - and that theme of personal service makes it!Special Features:
- Great date nightTruthbyjDined on 8/19/2014The place is worthily of special occasions it has a romantic feel. I come from a family of cooks so The thing I look for in a restaurant is food of a quality I can't get or haven't had at home. This place hit the mark not only was the quality great but they offered selections that are not common in Nashville where we live by our southern comfort food.. Loved it would go again on another special occasion the prices do not allow for me to attend frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!hnocheraDined on 8/13/2014Went the other night and loved it! I was disappointed at first because when I had looked on the menu online I had seen Bourbon Belly Tacos but when we got to the restaurant we were informed they don't make those anymore. HOWEVER, our server recommended the Pork Belly appetizer and it was so good! Definitely made up for the lack of tacos. Got swordfish as my entree, very good. We also got the bananamisu for dessert-ORDER IT. So good and perfect to split. Overall, loved The Boundry!Special Features:
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014My group of 4 was looking forward to our dinner at Bound'ry. We tried the antelope dish and the lobster blt pizza. The food was good. We enjoyed it, but wouldnt consider it amazing. We sat outside as the weather was beautiful. There were a ridiculous amount of flys - like I dont think I've ever seen so many in my life which took away from our dining experience. Since we were all guests from out of town we didn't know if maybe thats normal and there is a fly problem in Nashville? Anyway, overall we thought the dining experience was good - we would recommend it, but we also probably would choose to try a different place next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersBeerSnobDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed this place so much. Wait stuff very knowledgable on menu and even sold us on the specials. Great beer, wine, and drinks selection. Would be interested in going back just for drinks and late appsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service & mealRenosvtDined on 7/26/2014Went on a date night. Every bite was delicious of both our entrees. Loved our waiter (ask for Robert).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drislackdrislackDined on 7/25/2014Food is very good. Service was a bit slow, but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every aspect.Neighbors2theSouthDined on 6/22/2014Reservations, service, selection and food were all superb. Highly recommended. Will definitely return when in Nashville again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Bound'ry. Great atmosphere and wonderful food. Both salad options were terrific--unique and delicious. We got the chicken and pork chop options and they were great. Well done! Our delightful server was helpful, gracious and friendly.Special Features:
- ExceptionalRalphontheRoadDined on 6/16/2014What a great meal! Our group had a variety of different entries but I thought the antelope was the best. It was very tender and paired with a spicy succatash. Our waiter was entertaining and enthusiastic which made the evening perfectSpecial Features:
- Nashville favorite going downhillMerchDined on 6/14/2014The Bound'ry used to be a great place for dinner and you could count on a good meal- unfortunately this is no longer the case. The number of menu items have been cut in half and the food itself was sub par. I ordered the seafood romesco this last weekend. For $24.00 you'll get 2 scallops and 3 small mussels- where is the rest of the seafood? I am sad to see this place slide so far downhill. It used to be a great place to go.Special Features:
- Always fun and flavorfulDoclocDined on 6/8/2014Every visit every year is such a treat!!! A reliable dine always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedGetInMyBellyDined on 6/7/2014We wanted to treat our out of town guests to a nice dinner during CMA fest, but waited too long to make reservations. Having had my share of happy hours at Boundary and many meals at sister restaurant, South Street...we were please to find ample reservations open Saturday night. Unfortunately, now... I know why. Although the service was top shelf, and the drinks were supreme, the food, I hate to say, were not in the same class. Extremely small portions overall, the steaks were not cooked to preference, the lobster stuffed fillet, provided hardly a fork-full of lobster, and the Au-ju-like sauce on the tortellini was pungently strong and overwhelming. The pork shops, on the other hand- looked like the best pick (at least from our table).Special Features:
- LandSEatOutDined on 5/29/2014Beautiful setting. Lovely, quiet ambience. Wonderful, attentive and informed waitstaff. Creative and well prepared food. Made our top ten restaurant list.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the The Bound'ry Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great FoodFeedMeDined on 5/18/2014This was our first time to dine at Bound'ry. It was a Sunday afternoon and and an odd time for dinner as it was more in between lunch and dinner.....so...we can't really comment on a lot as we were about the only people in the restaurant at the time. The duck flatbead app was great! I had the Plank Trout which was wonderful. My husband had antelope for the first time. It was a little "meaty" and lacked a bit of flavor; but still good. We will definitely go back to try other options on the menu!!Special Features:
- Great AmbiencevamarieDined on 5/17/2014This was our first visit to this upscale restaurant. We picked it for the outside dining options (we made the reservations in advance). The night of our reservations the weather was cool and the outdoor dining was not available. They put us next to the kitchen (plexiglass)where we could watch the chef and staff at work. The food and service was excellent. We will return...hopefully we can be seated outside as it has fire pits and is a great people-watching neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperiencedhsgaDined on 5/14/2014Took a group of colleagues to this wonderful restaurant. We travel extensively, so it is rare when we run across a restaurant experience worthy of an outstanding review. The server was phenomenal, the atmosphere delightful and the food divine. All members of the staff were warm and friendly. Cocktail and wine selections were wonderful. My brother highly recommended based on previous visits with clients. I will definitely return and would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Strange ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014I have been to Bound'ry several times. This time was memorable for all the wrong reasons. My wife and I sat on the patio. There was a belligerently drunk group of guys who were apparently having a bachelor party. They repeatedly yelled out the open window from inside the restaurant to a group of girls outside on the patio only 10-15 feet away from us. Nothing was ever done to minimize this at all. It was apparent that everyone else on the patio was at least as annoyed as we were. Second, the waitress started out fine then completely disappeared. As always, the food was pretty good. I would return here for late night drinks or for drinks and appetizers at the bar. I would not return for a date night, at least not on the patio.
- Alimarie86Dined on 5/9/2014Fabulous food and a great server in Isaiah. My husband and I started with the beef wraps (amazing!) followed by the pork chop and shrimp and grits. Both entrees were outstanding. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and LAST timeRareReviewerDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I went out for a rare date night. We were glad to be trying a nice restaurant, but were sorely disappointed. We decided to sit outside, but our table was directly overlooking the valet stand. Like, 4 feet away. We learned a lot about how the valets work, though! We had the grouper taco appetizer but the fish was too salty and there wasn't enough sauce to cut it. For our entrees, my husband enjoyed his chicken okay enough but my Aubergine dish was awful. The eggplant had not been smoked as listed in the menu, and clearly had not been salted prior to cooking judging by its bitterness. It wasn't even evenly cut. The whole dish lacked seasoning. Luckily our desserts were fine, and they comped one of them. Service was inattentive
- Great food and ambienceBkkroemer22Dined on 5/2/2014The Bound'ry was a great restaurant with a nice modern flair and wonderfully different menu. I especially enjoyed the wild game options on the menu that included rabbit and antelope. The wine list was extensive, and the atmosphere was somewhat quiet with great mid-90's soft rock music. The only true downside of the restaurant was the service. Our waitress was ill informed and not helpful, and service was slow considering my fiancee and I were one of 3 tables present early in the evening. The food and available selection was great, and everything tasted and was presented very well. We ordered an appetizer and 2 entrees, all of which were delectable. I enjoyed the restaurant, and would probably return. Somewhat overpriced though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncommonly GoodTMB11Dined on 4/26/2014The appetizers were great: Korean short ribs and hanging meats and cheese platter. The wine pairings were lovely. Definitely try the eggplant and the lamb. The antelope is interesting, but you have be up for the texture of it--a little softer than most meats.Special Features:
- Consistently goodNashvilleDinerDined on 4/19/2014We ordered the "hanging meat & cheese" appetizer which was really odd but good. The cheeses were delicious but nothing extraordinary. My husband ordered the cedar board trout which he liked very much. I had the pork chop which was cooked perfectly and wonderfully seasoned. This is the third time we've eaten here and we are always satisfied. The wonderful wine list is always extensive and thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Great service....very speedy and friendly. Booths were a little tight for 4. Love the different seating areas and different decor.dinner was excellant. Portions a perfect size. The salads were interesting and different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/17/2014The Bound'ry is a very unique place to dine. The decor is very eclectic and there's lots to look at. Outside there were tables around fire pits but we chose to eat inside. There are very nice booths for larger parties. You can see the kitchen from your table. The menu is unusual but all the dishes were very good. The really enjoyed the Beef Wrap appetizer. Entrees were good as well. We ordered 2 desserts but only one arrived so we were a bit disappointed. But the overall experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Waitress leftOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2014After ordering our meal the waitress disappeared and did not return during the rest of the meal. Thank goodness a different nice waiter came over to help her out and finished our service. Noting was said to our table nor was there an explanation as to why our waitress needed to stop our service. A simple explanation of an emergency or something along those lines would have been sufficient. It was definitely an odd experience there. Last time my husband was there a fire occurred and he was asked to leave. Done here.
- Dining out in NashvilleMichfoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014The Bound'ry is a unique restaurant. There are murals painted on the walls, low lighting and a quiet atmosphere. Inventive food choices, service was excellent. Did not sit outside, but the patio was busy and looked inviting. Would recommend for a special occasion, in addition to casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service in NashvilledavidVIPDined on 3/22/2014Apparently our server was MUCH more interested in smoke breaks than working because he stopped by our table every 15-20 minutes wreaking of cigarettes. He placed our order incorrectly - but only found out it was wrong when he wandered by 15 minutes after the wrong item was brought to our table. Water was never filled the entire meal. No silver wear brought for desert - had to ask twice. This was a good restaurant. My only guess is new management???
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Food was good, service was mediocre, had to ask for more water, lemons several timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Service unbelievably slow. Typically much better but found this time to be frustratingly slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu SelectionChuckDined on 3/21/2014Waiter was very knowledgeable regarding the entrees we had never sampled before. We took the advice and chose Antelope, it was fabulous. It had been a while since we had visited. Bound'ry will continue to be one of our go-to places. All of us thought the Mac/Cheese was the best we had ever had.Special Features:
- great food; strange decorCMgirlDined on 3/7/2014A local recommended this place to me when I was there on a business trip but warned us that the ambiance was a little odd. The place seems like an old Italian restaurant, it's warm and cozy inside despite the spaciousness. For some reason however, there are odd hand-painted murals on the ceiling and wall, and colored light bulbs in the sconces. On the plus side there are some nice fireplaces in the dining room. On the other hand, the food was surprisingly good. Cedar-plank trout was perfectly cooked and seasoned, interesting sides (corn pudding and tomato Rockefeller) were delicious. Our waiter was extremely attentive and even offered a taste of two different wines when I enquired between them. Give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork Chop- WowTboy58Dined on 3/6/2014Our first time but will not be our last! Our waiter was excellent and recommended perfect choices. Our entrees were delicious, cedar plank trout and the marble pork loin chop was out of this world! We sat next to the fire place on a chilly evening- so the ambience was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum-o!PleasedrpalatesDined on 3/1/2014It was great to return to one of our Nashville favs and to try new, unique items from their daily specials. Unlike many restaurants that have specials of items they need to dispose of quickly, The Bound'ry offers several delectable choices which are perfectly described by our waitress, Britney. Many thanks to her and the entire staff for a fabulous dining experience! (By the way, we had the duck flatbread, scallops, antelope, and chocolate ravioli...so be brave, folks...you won't be disappointed!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealDudleyDined on 2/26/2014My wife and I chose The Boundry for our anniversary dinner. We both were very pleased with the food, atmosphere and service. The menu has small plates, pizzas and entrees. The cedar-planked trout with corn pudding was absolutely wonderful. My wife had the grouper special which she loved as well. Wine selection was very good and the service was attentive, without being bothersome. The noise level is much lower than at many restaurants because the dining area is separated into several small areas. It is a very nice restaurant and a good place to have a conversation over a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friends.GarthDined on 2/21/2014Great evening with friends. Wasn't too crowded and food was very good. Each person enjoyed the food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad experienceAandHDined on 2/16/2014The food was great, but a bad experience. When my husband & I arrived there were less than ten people in the restaurant. We thought we would get great service, but we were wrong. It took 1 hour & 15 minutes to get our food. The table of eight that arrived after us received their food before us & were out the door before we received our check. We noticed the tables around us get complimentary bread, which we did not receive until our food arrived & we asked for it. We waited another 20 minutes for our waiter, then my husband had to walk over to the hostess to get our check. I would understand the wait had the restaurant been busy, but that was not the case especially considering it was a Sunday evening. We were very disappointed.