101 Washington St.
Hunstville, AL 35801Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebottledowntown.com/
- Phone: 2567045555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Chef Andy Howery and Chef Chris McDonald
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from The Bottle
The Bottle is a non-smoking restaurant that specializes in preparing entrees classic French techniques using fresh, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Bottle - Best Restaurants in Huntsville ›
The Bottle reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (49)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (32)hot spot (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- First trip, but won't be our last.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The menu is superb & we enjoyed every bite. Wish we had learned about "The Bottle earlier. It will definitely be in our regular restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever changing delicious menuTennisfreakDined on 9/6/2014We like that The Bottle changes items on the menu frequently. The food is delicious and very creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!JohnDined on 9/6/2014Great food, superior service. All menu items have been carefully crafted with creative touches.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This was our first visit, and we thoroughly enjoyed The Bottle. The staff was most attentive and the atmosphere was perfect. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end diningIveysmDined on 8/26/2014I took my parents here for their 37th wedding anniversary. I had been wanting to try this place for a while since it is French fusion. I would have liked more classic French options, but the food was very delicious, especially the Bacon Steak Trio (appetizer). The dessert was a little small, but the dinner portions are large so we really did not have much room left anyways! I would highly recommend this place for special occasions, since it is on the pricier side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodtimmDined on 8/25/2014We had an excellent business dinner for 5. We were seated promptly. Salads, wine, and entrees (steaks, fish, and duck) were excellentSpecial Features:
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were first seated in the bar, which was EXTREMELY loud. It was a Friday at 7pm, so a little energy is expected, but there were literally times when we couldn't hear each other talking from across the small table. We requested a move which they accommodated after a small wait, which is understandable. Due to the seat change, there was a slight delay in getting our server (again, understandable), but after that, he was excellent. My wife had the filet and I had the red snapper. Both were ok, but nothing I'd rave about. The tomato salad and fried oysters (appetizers) were excellent. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I'd say you could have a comparable (if not better?) meal at Connors or Bonefish for 30% less.Special Features:
- Great meal!honeyboo59Dined on 8/19/2014Interesting variety of items throughout the menu. Everything was delicious, but I was especially surprised by the Heirloom Tomato Fried Okra Salad. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, mediocre executionOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/18/2014Interesting and varied menu which is a sampling of the American South. Heirloom tomatoes and fried okra and wilted slaw were great. Unfortunately all of the entrees were overcooked. Ordered pork medium and it was well done. Result was that a great cut of pork was tough and dry. The Wahoo, which is a very firm fish to start, was so dry it was hard to cut with a knife. The sauces and sides were really good, so I still have high hopes for the Bottle. The chocolate dessert and the bread pudding were fabulous. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Nice for AnniversaryJacarandaDined on 8/18/2014Food and wine was very good. However the bread could have been fresher service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal but Lofty PricesAlabuckeyeDined on 8/16/2014This was restaurant week with a special menu of a peach salad, scallops with asparagus and mushroom confit, and bread pudding with rum sauce and whipped cream. Everything was absolutely delicious. The restaurant week menu was not presented to us. We had to ask for it. Even for a top rated restaurant, menu prices were high for this area. Entrees were mostly low 30's to 40's. Prices were lower on our recent vacation in the Berkshires at comparable restaurants.Special Features:
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The food was over the top good. We had Ribeye, Scallops, Wahu at the table and all were great. The appetizers were great as well. We had the mussels, cheese plate, crab cakes, and the steak trio and all were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Both the food and service were above board. Surroundings were clean and invitingSpecial Features:
- Wonderful placeFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Loved the experience! Outstanding service, superb food, quiet and comfortable. Perfect for a special occasion or celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoriteginneymcDined on 8/9/2014As always, Chef Andy performed beautifully. Being from Miami, I tend to be a 'fish snob', but The Bottle never disappoints. He prepares fish perfectly. My husband loves the Duroc Pork Chop, and there is not much that can beat the heirloom tomato salad with whole pod fried okra. So glad to have this special place in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Grouper was great. Thanks for special attention for special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Always a treat to dine here. The Chilton County green salad with fresh peaches and sauteed baby shrimp was excellent. I could have made a meal off the peaches alone. Love that they use as much fresh local produce as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion diningjfehrenbDined on 8/7/2014Loved it. Great location, great ambience. Service was excellent. Menu is varied and use of fresh, local produce, etc. is admirable. Chef was also engaging. It was our anniversary, and the waiter made it a special occasion. Wine list looked very good.Special Features:
- gdpmgaryDined on 8/4/2014Quality and freshness of ingredients was outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MealMel71Dined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful dinner with friends! Everything was wonderful but we had the best Steak of our lives!! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- BuddyDined on 7/31/2014We truly enjoyed our experience at The Bottle. The food was outstanding and the service exceptional. I brought out of town guest out to dinner and they were very impressed. The chef prepared a special treat for one of our guest. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet in Town, A Must TryFoodie35801Dined on 7/30/2014This place has nailed it. The peach and blueberry salad with Belle Cheve was the perfect start to our meal. I had the filet, the best steak anywhere, hands down. The others in my party had the scallops, the grouper and the salmon. All were prepared to perfection. The servers were friendly and efficient, they knew what I needed before I could even know it myself. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedBobandMaggieDined on 7/26/2014The Bottle lived up to the up to the hype. Food was excellent. I had the scallops and my wife had the Snapper. My salad, tomatoes with fried I okra was surprisingly great. The service was attentive but not smothering. Great ambience. Was able to have a conversation without raising our voices. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impressDragonmedDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten here several times over the past 24+ months - collective group settings and private date dinning. Continues to be nice place for seasonal fare and great favor combinations. Thanks for a great date night. JAJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible experienceRGailDined on 7/12/2014Overpriced. Horrible dining experience: some guy whom the staff knew was there alone & the staff kept catering to him & ignoring us. Unfortuneaty the guy was loud & his conversations with the staff drowned out any conversation at our table.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSawsanSWDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Our waiter was extremely helpful and very professional. Money well spentSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCEPlusCDDined on 7/12/2014Return visit to The Bottle to celebrate our 41st anniversary. Food and service were terrific. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014The food and atmosphere were great. The service was outstanding as one would expect for the prices. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others, but be prepared to easily spend $100 plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MmmmmDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food and service. The chef came out and talked to almost every table which is nice to see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch at the BottleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014We had lunch at the bottle on Tuesday the 8th of July. We had a very good experience. We chose the gazpacho, peach salad, rainbow trout and beef tian, for dessert it was a banana confection with ice cream. Everything without exception was nicely plated and excellent. The service was very good as well. We would certainly recommend it and will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentluvtoeatoutDined on 7/1/2014My wife and I went there for our 15th wedding anniversary and really enjoyed our dining experience. The wait staff and food was very well done. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Awesome againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014This was our second visit to The Bottle, and everything was amazing. From appetizers and salad to entrees and ice cream, the meal was perfect. Pear salad, veal, and chocolate stout ice cream were our favorites. Wait staff were very attentive and knowledgable. Always a pleasure to dine at The Bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CrystalDined on 6/28/2014I went here with a friend hoping for a good food experience and The Bottle delivered. The portions were very generous and the flavors were amazing. We hope to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasion!melittausaDined on 6/28/2014Food and service are excellent! However, the prices are in the stratosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014Andy's recommendation of the tile fish was excellent. Well prepared and well presented. The sauce was great. Kristi's service was excellent. Enjoyed the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best red snapper I've ever had!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Not your everyday menu. Interesting & tasty choices. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary AmbrosiaRacingRichDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fabulous experience at the Bottle; the perfect environment for celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive; the wine and food were sublime. The chef paid a pre and post meal visit to our table adding to the experience without detracting from the mood. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BOTTLE is now NON-SMOKINGFoodie35801Dined on 6/17/2014The food portions do not disappoint. The scallops are the best in Huntsville and the filet melts in your mouth. The dessert portions are small, but also inexpensive (5 for one, 18 for a platter). This is the hottest place in town. Go for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First VisitLisaDGalDined on 6/13/2014This was our first visit to The Bottle because they just went non-smoking in their bar the first do this month. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great. The mussels appetizer was great. The tomato and okra salad was tasty and unique. Both our entrees were excellent and the wine great. We will return. Would love to see them offer "small bites" for dessert.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationCEPlusCDDined on 6/7/2014Celebrated two birthdays and an anniversary on Sat evening. First time at The Bottle. Enjoyed the entire evening, from appetizers to salads to entrees to desserts....can't wait to visit again. Service was terrific, and enjoyed meeting and talking to the Chef. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.