The Boot - KC
415 Westport Rd
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
39th St / Westport / Midtown
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Boot - KC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8169314868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Boot - KC
Opening Thursday, February 9 for dinner and February 10 for lunch and dinner, a rustic-style Italian bistro is landing in Kansas City’s Old Westport with the The Boot Ristorante, created by chef-owners Aaron Confessori and Richard Wiles. This full-service Italian eatery is situated directly next to its French-inspired counterpart, Westport Café & Bar. The Boot offers a similar dining experience as its neighbor, but with an Italian point-of-view. Located at 415 Westport Road, The Boot Ristorante is open daily, serving its full menu until 1:00 a.m., Monday through Saturday and until midnight on Sunday. The bar remains open past dining hours until 1:30 a.m., Monday through Saturday and midnight on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Boot - KC reviews from OpenTable diners
- Went during a snowstorm, soBlakeVIPDined on 3/23/2013Went during a snowstorm, so the place was pretty empty. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. I ordered a vegetarian sub and it was delicious. I think their pizza has gotten better.
- I always love going in toParadokeinVIPDined on 3/16/2013I always love going in to The Boot. The atmosphere is fun, I'm greeted warmly and the food is fantastic. My only thing to say about the selection is that I wish there were pasta selections with whole grains.Special Features:
- Neither my husband nor I wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Neither my husband nor I were impressed with our food. It was only average and was not worth the cost. We will not be going back anytime soon.
- THE BOOT NEEDS THE BOOTOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2013We won't ever return here. I ordered a pasta dish which was supposed to have prosciutto and spinach in it. The waitress said she wasn't fond of it but ONLY because she said she didn't eat meat. What was delivered was pasta with a flour/milk sauce, specks of spinach, and I couldn't make out any meat, only specks of a few flakes. It had NO taste, not even a hint of garlic. My husband ordered meatballs, with spaghetti and bread on the side. The meatballs were just OK. Who does this? Who boils noodles, strains them, and adds a tasteless sauce with 5 specks of prosciutto and spinach? Did I send it back? NO...because in order to have accurately describe my disappointment, I would have had to sound, well...like a B.
- Excellent first time at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent first time at The Boot. The service was exceptional. Our server knew the wine list, and her suggestions from the menu were spot on. It was also appreciated that she did not suggest the highest price point options. Relaxing comfortable atmosphere. I will be back.Special Features:
- Last minute, good choiceKCBluesAndFoodVIPDined on 3/6/2013At the spur of the moment we decided to go to The Boot. The food was excellent. Crispy calamari salad, mozzarella with beets, duck ravioli, meatball sub, fusilli .........all delicious. The four of us enjoyed everything. It was a quiet evening and we really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Our first visit and we lovekcrrmanVIPDined on 2/16/2013Our first visit and we love this place. Plan to return often. We opted for soups, salads and pizza. Delicious on all counts!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a lovely meal.JimmyDined on 2/16/2013We enjoyed a lovely meal. Really good mussels. Meatballs with side of spaghetti in spicy red sauce was great - I wish there had been more leftovers in my doggy bag!
- Food was delish. My partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Food was delish. My party of four ordered the following entrees the 4 cheese pizza with pepperoni added, meatballs and spaghetti, and trout and everyone was happy. We had the arugula with calamari appetizer - 2 orders was good for 4 people. The dessert was delicious. The staff was welcoming and accommodating as we arrived about 20min early for our reservation. Our caveats, be prepared for a very small dining space. A very small foyer, makes sitting near the entrance during cold weather uncomfortable, so, recommend requesting a seat further in. We felt rushed during the dinner. From start to finish we occupied 4 seats for an 1hr 30min. Second cocktails were not offered. Despite that we'll return.
- Adorable little place! OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Adorable little place! Okay food. Little pricey for the food.Special Features:
- Food was served almost cold.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Food was served almost cold. Meatballs firm to hard in texture. Salty pizza dough. Ravioli sauce blah. Great drinks. But so full of ice that it wasn't worth the cost. Tight seating. Great Polenta. Won't be back.
- Tried The Boot on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Tried The Boot on Valentine's Day. They had a fantastic prix fixe menu. Service was great - friendly without being overbearing. Great drink options - tried a highball made with absinthe and root beer, it was awesome. The diver scallops and orzo were unbelievable. My wife had the trout and said she'd go back every week just for that alone. This is a great restaurant. Highly recommend trying it out.Special Features:
- nice dinner and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013nice dinner and atmosphere. comfortable environment and the food was very good for and fair cost.Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerCharlestonBrideVIPDined on 2/14/2013Went there for Valentine's Day and ate off their special 3-course offering menu. Food and service were good but nothing spectacular. Saw other guests who ordered off the regular menu and it seemed like their dinner was more casual and the food looked great. Stick to the house specialties and you probably won't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Short Ribs with polenta wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Short Ribs with polenta were excellent! Some of the best we have had.
- fun night out, food didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013fun night out, food didn't quite live up to the hype.Special Features:
- Nothing at all wrong withkathy12VIPDined on 1/26/2013Nothing at all wrong with The Boot, but nothing outstanding either. The food was hit or miss, the service reasonably competent if a bit too casual. We ate during restaurant week, so should probably try again but on the other hand, there are plenty of other places to get better Italian food for not much more money.
- Nice neighborhood gem! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2013Nice neighborhood gem! The food was delicious! Great service too!Special Features:
- Great choice in WestportOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2013Great food! Really good service. Nice urban rustic vibe. Braised short rib over polenta was fantastic (still good the next day for leftovers). Special small plate of black truffle parmesan pasta was very good. We also sampled the cheese plate which had a very nice selection of 6 cheeses. Meatballs (classic style with pomodoro sauce) were very flavorful as well. Really creative high ball list (I had the Jack's mule--yummy!). Two complaints: music was a notch or two too loud, and would like to see a bigger/better dessert selection. I had the apple fritters which were good but slightly bland; friend had the pumpkin olive oil cake which was fair (needed more flavor; texture was like a really thick bread pudding). Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Very good food and lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013Very good food and lots of fun. Our server, Kelly, was great. This was our first time at The Boot (we tried it as part of KC Restaurant Week with a price fixed 3 course menu with limited selections). Our food was great, but we saw many dishes on the regular menu and being served to other tables around us that looked equally inviting. We plan on going back to explore the menu further. We highly recommend The Boot.Special Features:
- On a busy Friday evening duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013On a busy Friday evening during Kansas City Restaurant Week, The Boot was lively and the menu was brimming with specials. I'll be back to sample fare on the regular menu soon, and thoroughly enjoyed this evening of great dishes in a rather casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great service. Great pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013Great service. Great prices (1/2 price appetizers during happy hour). The Coke was flat so the waiter went next door and got me a can of not flat Coke.
- Great Food, Great ServiceNicoleDined on 1/23/2013My group and I attended The Boot for Kansas City Restaurant Week, and it didn't dissapoint. I picked the Black Truffle Pasta for my first course -- good but not overly truffle-y, skirt steak for the second course, and then the apple fritter for the third course. The others in my group had the short rib ravioli -- delicious, arugula salad, and short rib with polenta -- to die for and was creamiest,most delicious polenta ever! Service was great as well!Special Features:
- Always great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Always great food and service. Very warm and welcoming. I love this place!Special Features:
- A good oneKCBluesAndFoodVIPDined on 1/18/2013Visited for the first time last nite. Service was a bit slow but improved as the night went on. For appetizers I had oysters. Very fresh but not cleanly shucked. My wife had the carpaccio whuch was served with a portion of rocket on top. Nice flavor profile but a bit heavy on the salt. I had the braised short rib with escarole and polenta. Delicious. My wife had agnolotti. Nice flavor but a little salty. A little less salt and the entire meal would have been much better. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/12/2013Great service. Amazing food. Best meal in a long time! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Nice small place, urban feel.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Nice small place, urban feel. Good food and nice cocktail list.Special Features:
- Great food, drink, service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012Great food, drink, service, and atmosphere. Westport re-inventing itself with great eating.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, we had anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/7/2012Unfortunately, we had another bad experience. We live just a few blocks from The Boot and want to like it because it is so convenient. However, we've given it several chances now (6-8) and have had multiple bad experiences, with only one good experience and all of the rest the food was just mediocre. It's too bad, because we also frequent Westport Cafe, its sister restaurant next door, and have had many good experiences there.
- Great waitress. Food was quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/17/2012Great waitress. Food was quite good. Love the decor. Right mix of style and accessibility. I'll be back.Special Features:
- had great expectations...but.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2012Drinks were great! The food was close to being good.. The carbonara was nothing like what I have had in italy- pretty bland and not good. The ricotta gnocchi had great texture and flavor but it was so salty we could only eat one bite- same with the skate. The meatballs were good. The clam pizza was the worst- not sure what was going on with that..but it tasted like a pizza hut cheese pizza with clams on top and clam juice pored over it. The ice cream tasted old but the chocolate sauce was great! The drinks were fantastic! The wine was good. Prices were cheap- but wouldn't go back.
- Reminds me of Williamsburg Brooklyn23rdStudiosVIPDined on 10/21/2012Just looking for a place to have a quick lunch in the area and we stepped into this wonderful place. We liked it so much we came back the next day to have brunch.. (Short Rib Hash)Special Features:
- Awesome Brunch23rdStudiosVIPDined on 10/20/2012End up going here two days in a row well in the area for business. One day for lunch just really not knowing any good places to eat. Lunch was amazing, by the way! The waitress mention brunch so we checked out the menu and if you are looking for a special brunch this is awesome. I had the apple fritters w/ jam and the short rib hash(perfect)!Special Features:
- Give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2012I thought the food was very good - especially the short rib ravioli appetizer! The menu is pretty eclectic yet had some familiar staples, too, which I liked. I shared a few different entrees with a friend and they were both very rich (yummy and full of flavor, but heavy). Service was great...our server came around just the right number of times to keep us happy but not feeling hovered over.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, wentjlc01VIPDined on 10/13/2012Food was pretty good, went late night but had an Open Table reservation for 30 min before close. We showed about 10 min early and even still our server was rude and told us many items would take too long to make since he had to close 40 min later. Just seemed like he cared more about getting off work than patrons. If that's their policy then they should change their availability on Open Table.
- We had "Classico" meatballsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2012We had "Classico" meatballs as an appetizer and they were great. We split a "Luigi" pizza (beef pepperoni with artichoke heart) and it was pretty good as well. My wife had the creamy polenta (i don't care for polenta) and said it was among the best she's had. The dishes are familiar but are not traditional in execution. The seating is a bit communal so it isn't an intimate type place, but they made the best use of limited space. I have seen other reviews critical of the service. It was not fast, but we were not in a hurry and never felt rushed so it was fine for us. If you are going to dinner at a nice restaurant, leave time in your schedule to enjoy it. Had it been lunch I may have felt different.Special Features:
- Food was poor. Several dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012Food was poor. Several dishes were so overly salty it was difficult to eat. This was the 2nd time that we had such poor food at The Boot.
- This restaurant is absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012This restaurant is absolutely fabulous. I went with a group for my birthday and from the food to the ambiance to the staff, everything was warm and inviting and enjoyable. I will rave about the boot to anyone who asks.Special Features:
- my new favorite Italien restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012We visited during happy hour and ordered from this special menu. The short rib ravioli was so amazingly good we ordered another plate of it. Everything we ate was prepared with so much flavor and fresh ingredients. We will be back to try the full menu.Special Features:
- It was not what I expected,bbraudVIPDined on 9/1/2012It was not what I expected, and that may influence my assessment. The service was friendly and polite. The location is near a popular bar hopping area, so the crowd was young and noisy. The menu was sparse, with few options. Perhaps it was the region (the "boot" of Italy?), but I did not see familiar Italian dishes. The food was good, not great, and arrived before we had a chance to enjoy the chees plate appetizer (which was good).Special Features: