The Boiling Point
4975 Pepperchase Dr.
Southaven, MS 38671Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Boiling Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.212seafood.com/
- Phone: 6622807555x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can accommodate most any catering need. Give us a call to see what we can do for you! 662-280-7555
- Entertainment: Monday - Live Trivia at 7:30p
Tuesdays - All You Can Eat Fried Catfish 5p-10p
Wednesday - Live Music on the Patio 7p
Friday & Saturday - Live Music, 9p
Sunday - Live Music & 75c Oysters 4p-8p
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri, 4p-7p
Wine Dinner, 3rd Tuesday of every month. Reservations required.
- Special Events: Wine Dinner, 3rd Tuesday of every month. Reservations are required.
A word from The Boiling Point
Are you looking for a place for your entire family to dine? Our Mississippi Delta Cajun inspired recipes are one of a kind. Our menu boast a variety of items like crab legs, fresh seafood, fried shrimp, peel-and-eat shrimp, fried catfish, crawfish, gumbos and whatever else you might want in the way of Cajun inspired food. We offer a late night menu for those who like to stay out past bedtime. Tuesday through Friday, we cater to the ones who need to get in and get out with a 15 item lunch buffet 11-2p. Breakfast is served on Saturday and Sunday 10a -2p. We also have a full Sunday Lunch buffet 11-2p.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Boiling Point - Best Restaurants in Southaven ›
The Boiling Point reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- best food everFeralDined on 9/13/2014absolutely loved the food! the service and wine! our fish was the best! I will be back!Special Features:
- Great shrimp appetizertranbvelDined on 8/28/2014I came on a Tuesday, the one night they don't have any promotions. Ordered the firecracker shrimp appetizer... delectable, and surely artery-hardening. I think it was a great appetizer for the price (9.95). I'd like to come back when I'm hungrier so I can try a few more things. The person sitting next to me was eating crab legs and he was definitely enjoying them. Add a glass of wine, and the whole meal was $18. Kind of a weird vibe though. I'm sure when the place is hopping with business, it's not so noticeable but it was nearly empty, and I felt like I was in a warehouse, not a restaurant.
- Great buffet for priceBebeof3Dined on 8/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the buffet offered at lunch. It was really good, especially for $9.99.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findcheckfor2pleaseDined on 8/8/2014Great place to eat if you just want to go casual. Wait time was not long. Severs very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedPeasPleaseCarrieLouiseDined on 8/2/2014I have been hearing wonderful things about this restaurant since I have moved here from New Orleans... I was reluctant at first because there wasn't a wait at 7:45 on a Saturday night but once we were eating the fried green tomatoes app, I was in heaven! My Mom and I both consider ourselves pretty good foodies and for us both to be pleased was a great treat in a "little big" place like Southaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The one thing I did like at this restaurant was the fried green tomatoes appetizer, the topping or sauce was excellent!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAnnverdnrDined on 7/11/2014We had never been here... By the look of the menu... The food that was prepared we thought this would be a lil more of a romantic place... Quite so we could talk... Had no idea we would be in a room with 2 very loud groups drinking like crazy kids running around.. Then the music started on the other side and wow it was so loud the door didn't get shut to our side til 30 min later. Then if the phone rang the girl would have to stand behind out table to talk.. Not all what we had thought.. Our waitress was very sweet and apologetic... Even when the computer system went down and she could put our order in she was honest with us, could not had a better waitress. We thought by making reservations it would be a quiter place guess we were wrong.Special Features:
- Ok but not worth 30 min driveNolaTransplantDined on 7/3/2014Was looking forward to some boiled seafood. Crawfish was out of season (can't fault them on that one); shrimp is not from the gulf much less the US (so it's frozen); grilled oysters lacked flavor and were under cooked (waiter said they were better than any in Louisiana. Obviously meet been to acme oyster house in Nola). Appetizers were good (fried pickles and crawfish dip). Even the kids didn't eat the fried shrimp and love love the stuff.
- PatientlywaitingDined on 7/2/2014GREAT FOOD AND DRINKS. NEED MORE BARTENDERS, COOKS AND WAITE STAFF ON CONCERT NIGHTS! My guest loved the food and will return.Special Features:
- Food not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Some of the hushpuppies were hard, the catfish was really fishy, the grilled shrimp weren't hot, the crab cake wasn't good. The turnip greens and broccoli were good. Our server was great. Unfortunately, the food wasn't up to par.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014very nice music, great special prices, excellent service, outstanding food,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the The Boiling Point reviews archive.
- Fun NightRWSIIDined on 6/1/2014This was a fun night they had a live local band playing, had some gator bites and crawfish and catfish and shrimp it was like i was in New Orleans having a good old time. they have quite a few local beers here from Memphis and some State local beers as well. good beer list great menu listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveluvtheoystersDined on 6/1/2014Overall, the food was very good. Not as impressed with the crab cakes (too much filler) but the baked oysters and OMG, the seafood gumbo was the best. Oh and let's not forget the fried pickles.Special Features:
- Secret Gem South of SouthavenMCB2VIPDined on 5/6/2014It was simply excellent (period...NO EXCLAMATION POINT)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressMypoohbearDined on 5/3/2014Taylor our server/waitress was excellent. We were celebrating my daughters graduation and this was her first time at the Boiling Point and she enjoyed herself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014My wife and I went here this weekend on a last minute plan change. The service was great, the food was amazing and the outdoor patio was very quiet and romantic. We will definitely be going back here more often!! The only thing I didn't agree with was they do not offer a military discount.Special Features:
- Great experienceMrMrsHawkinsDined on 4/13/2014Great restaurant. Live band! We set outside and out guy server was amazing! Although I can't remember his name he was super friendly and an amazing server. Food was GREAT!! I will be going back soon!! Oh let me not forget they have really good prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff should be trained about foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014My friend is Lactose intolerant and I am Gluten intolerant. We KNOW what we can or can not eat and therefore we ASK the right questions. We studied the menu online before coming. She had 3 ideas and after asking the waitress if it had cream in it or simply Parmesan (the aging process breaks down the lactose). based on that answer, my friend ordered the Crawfish pasta. when it arrived (the last of the 4 orders), she recognized the cream and sent the waitress to find out EXACTLY what was in it...HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM! so she reordered....the fried green tomato blt with MAYO that came dry. same with the Mushrooms, she specifically asked parmesan only, but they added the mozzarella anyway . had to send it back.
- Not What I ExpectedAmazingDined on 3/28/2014This place is not what I expected. They need a restaurant make over badly. It took over 30 minutes for me to receive my food which was simple catch fish. I had to ask for a refill and didn't get half of the other things that I asked for to go along with my meal like bread.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We made the reservation hoping to get in quickly before our tickets to the Riverkings game. They stuck us in the back where is seemed as if they set up for BINGO. We were surrounded by what we said was the Golden Girls. This place was lifeless and when I got up to go to the bathroom, there was a whole other side that was hip and trendy...why were we put in the senior citizen side? I took my husband there for our first time to eat crablegs the food was good, but the atmospheere was pituful.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014It was my first time eating here. The food was amazing, and I loved the wine :-) I will be returning and have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiling Point Froze Me OutxbirdDined on 3/15/2014The dining area was spare, with concrete floors and gray walls and the floor was littered with trash. Service was friendly but slow. Our gumbo was delicious and hot but then things went downhill quickly. I ordered grilled grouper but asked for it without the funky sauce described on the menu. After a long wait it arrived with the sauce on it. The waiter took it back and a short time later brought a grouper without the sauce. Unfortunately the fish was only partially cooked and was inedible. We paid the bill and left without comment.
- My meal was really delicious.foodfindDined on 3/10/2014My meal was really delicious. I ordered the combo meal; catfish,shrimp and oysters with baked potato and squash. The catfish was authentic not Swai and very fresh. The baked potato and squash was fresh and delicious. The portion was large enough for two meals. This place is very noisy and don't recommend for a romantic date unless you are the partying type. Overall I would return for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Portions too small for price. Gruper was the size of half a brim fillet. No Crawfish in the sauce. Oysters were smaller than my pinky nail and not cooked properly. Took FOREVER to receive all appraisers. The raw oysters brought to my friend were brought quickly and a nice size. I believe it was because we had a good waitress and she put them together, but it took 30 minutes for the rest of the appraisers to arrive and the main course came right on top of it. I was just really let down. After discussion our party of six will not be returning again. And I'm afraid I can't recommend it to anyone either. And the second hand smoke was way to much.
- Disappointing NightSonnyDined on 3/1/2014Having been there many times before, we've always enjoyed the food and service. However, we were seated in a room next to a large, extremely, noisy party of 20 - 25 people. When we requested to be moved to the other room, we were told we could not be moved. My husband looked in the other room and there were numerous tables open. When i called the manager, Terry, later that evening from home, i was told that all reservations made through the Open Table website for non-smokers were put in that room, and the other room was for call-in reservations. We noticed there were non-smoking tables open in the other room. We were very disappointed. We might have stayed longer, and had a few drinks and dessert, but the atmosphere was intolerable.Special Features:
- We went prior to a concertCutenushoozDined on 2/23/2014We went prior to a concert at the Lander's Center. The service and food was just ok. We were told when we arrived that the kitchen was behind. We accepted this as the reason. I had the shrimp and grits and my husband had the surf and turf. He loved his. The atmosphere was very good and we will try again as there were several other items on the menu we wanted to try. I don't like the fact that they allow smoking in the building, It was on an upper level but I could still smell it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiling PointDoubleJDined on 2/20/2014The food was good and the service was excellent. We had a large group and everybody enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good food!!!Fooddiva4lifeDined on 2/15/2014The food was great, along with service! Food was prepared fast and hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.CupidDined on 2/14/2014The Boiling Point has been active for years, but Valentines Night was my first dining experience there. It was just right. My reservations had us seated in the side room away from the more vibrant bar/main room area, and it was separated well enough that no matter the level of the loud music in said main room, it didn't carry over to our room. Our room stayed rather quiet/ambient, if you will. We just spoke at normal levels and could be heard clearly. Now, the bar/main room area looked enticing and fun, too, though. I'll go back soon to enjoy that atmosphere. The staff are all friendly and genuine. The cooks are pretty fast, and per the level of dishes and complexity of them, that was surprising. The food was great. Kudos, BP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines nightsmcconnie12Dined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for valentines we didnt expect to get seated as soon as we walkes in but we did the food was cold when it came out when we were there they was not busy they did not have any crab crackers so we had to use our hands the steak was very chewy and rubberySpecial Features:
- Food was good,service wasFeralDined on 2/14/2014Food was good,service was excellent . Left before band started.nice bar area,lots of seating.Special Features:
- Great DinnerJoshDined on 2/1/2014Dinner was excellent. Food is very good and the service is great. Wish they would open up the back patio for summer time.
- Great stop before & after a concertSparkeyDined on 1/25/2014My wife and I stopped here before & after a recent concert at the Landers Center. The place was very busy but the service was great and we never had to wait long for the food or drinks. The seafood we had was very good and I would drive all the way back down there just to eat again with no occasion involved. Large bar with huge beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent MealJAZZYDined on 1/19/2014The food was pretty good. They were out of several items, but since they let us know up front it was not a problem. It's not really a place for a romantic evening. It was a little loud near the area where clients were watching TV (football). Other than that, I would recommend the restaurant. The service was nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good timeRazorback1944Dined on 1/11/2014The food , service and staff was very nice. The entertainment was very good.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very coldout4dinnerDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant was very cold and management said it was because they had a leak and were flooded but I did not see the connection. During our experience they did not have several of the items we requested due to recent inclement weather in the area. I was not impressed with the food how ever my spouse loved his fried shrimp and oysters. I thought the oysters had a petroleum taste. We were in a smaller enclosed area which was quiet however the band was setting up in the main dining area which was very loud. Our waitress was very attentive so was the rest of the wait staff. The ambience was almost institutional bare metal tables and chairs no cloths or booths.Special Features:
- Too cold but the food was greatcg52Dined on 12/31/2013The restaurant was cold and the heat was not on in the area we were seated in; however, the manager did correct this after it was brought to his attention. The food was wonderful, everything we tried including appetizers was great. Especially recommend the shrimp boil!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excelent.....It wastwinkieDined on 12/6/2013Food was excelent.....It was a very cold night. The interior looks like a garage with pull up garage door windows. Very very open and conceret floors. The room was cold. Im sure on a summer night it would be great but in the cold winter it was to cold.... I like booths there were on booths to set in..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine pairingBrent735Dined on 11/19/2013We generally only eat here for the wine pairing, it is a fun event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy BitesMsT8knDined on 11/8/2013a few foodie items, but steaks are always good! The service was excellent from the young lady opening the front door with a smile and greeting throughout the entire meal. conveniently located off the interstate. yummy bloody mary's with old bay rimmed glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.