The Bocuse Restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY 12538Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
The Bocuse Restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocuserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 845-471-6608x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m., Tuesday–Saturday
Dinner: 6–8:30 p.m., Tuesday–Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Bocuse Restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America
Sleek and strikingly contemporary, this French restaurant is named for the most famous chef in France, Paul Bocuse. The Bocuse Restaurant re-imagines the execution of classic French cuisine through the lens of ultra-modern cooking techniques, brings a new style of casual yet sophisticated service, and offers a breathtaking architectural interior design. With an exceptional French wine list and innovative cocktail program, The Bocuse Restaurant is a unique and exciting, world class dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Bocuse Restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America - Best Restaurants in Hyde Park ›
The Bocuse Restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America reviews from OpenTable diners
375 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (280)special occasion (273)notable wine list (139)great for lunch (122)romantic (111)scenic view (96)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (20)great for brunch (19)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- EXCELLENT service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service and food at The Bocuse was incredible. I was taking my Ma out to dinner for her birthday, and everything was perfect, from the wine to the entrees to the dessert. Our server Timothy was an impeccable waiter...I (who am currently a waiter and college senior) and my mother (who waitressed herself through college years ago) were both very very impressed with his kind attitude and professionalism. This was certainly one of the best meals I have had on this side of the Atlantic. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Amazing!NancyDB11Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed it so much! A meal to remember! The food was amazing and the service was very good. The grounds of the CIA are beautiful and we will definitely look to go back again!Special Features:
- Bocuse restaurantSusieQ2Dined on 9/26/2014The restaurant was pretty, love the open kitchen, our servers were perfect, but...service was slow in between courses and portions were quite small. Will try another choice next time.
- yyatVIPDined on 9/26/2014the food was well-done french - not amazing but good. the noise level was not french - very loud, very american. all of the servers were extremely friendly and were clearly concentrating on being service oriented.Special Features:
- Great Experience!GeneDined on 9/25/2014Food was outstanding with great presentation. Some service glitches, but they're learning. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par.DeGardenGirlDined on 9/25/2014We have eaten at Bocuse several times and always had a memorable experience. This night was less than expected. The students were at their last night at the restaurant and were graduating the next day. Service was indifferent, food came out of the kitchen less than hot, we had to actually ask for the wine list although we had been given the food menus, water and bread. We had to ask that the wine glasses and bottle be removed for dessert and coffee. The glasses were whisked away but the bottle remained. Overall, we were rather disappointed in this pricey dining experience. We were hosting friends new to Bocuse and frankly, were disappointed that the experience was not more special.Special Features:
- Wonderful placepm123Dined on 9/25/2014Fantastic experience from start to finish. Staff all very nice, and most were very knowledgeable. Food was SUPERB - as good as anything we have experienced in Manhattan restaurants. Perfect place for foodies.Special Features:
- High valueGoodeatsDined on 9/24/2014As usual, CIA restaurants do not disappoint. Students both are in the kitchen and are the service staff, overseen by professionals. What a refreshing treat to engage with the students, but do not think for a second that the quality and creativity of the food and it's presentation is any less because they are "learning". Outstanding offerings at very reasonable prices. We live in south Texas and whenever we are in the East, we try to work a visit to Hyde Park for a couple of nights into our schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Great Service (Tran was our service she is the best) Wonderful food, high price, small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatStevenDined on 9/24/2014Generally, our dining experience was good, but not as good as I expected. Service was just fair. Our water glasses remained empty until we asked for them to be refilled several times. Portion size was small, even for a French restaurant. I have had better food at many restaurants, and I epected this to be on par with them. The prices are.Special Features:
- OldDogDined on 9/23/2014Great nouvelle cuisine. The décor is modern and interesting.Special Features:
- Great visitAl12VIPDined on 9/23/2014I had always wanted to go here. I was not disappointed. Geat to experience dining with the future top chefs of the country/world. Food could be served at higher temp..Special Features:
- A Great Place to EatFoodieCarolDined on 9/23/2014This is a wonderful dining experience. It's worth a trip from anywhere. We came from South Jersey specifically to eat here. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Just fabulous in every aspect. Kudos to the students and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- setting the bar for the futuredolcevitapjwDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful lunch experience at the CIA. The food was innovative and delicous. Service refined, attentive and yet able to promote a relaxed dining experience. The ambiance was wonderful and very conducive for table conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely experienceDuffetteDined on 9/20/2014Bocuse provided a lovely luncheon experience in a beautiful old mansion that now happens to house the top cooking school. It was a treat to be able to see the school and experience the cuisine from aspiring young chefs. Inventive, tasty cuisine with the majestic Hudson flanking the campus. It was a Saturday and the only restaurant open for lunch was Bocuse. It would have been nice to see the others operating as well.Special Features:
- Very creative pairingsKatimamiDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated my daughter-in-law's birthday at The Bocuse. We enjoyed the unusual ingredients and pairings of these ingredients. The food was beautifully presented and was delicious. The portions are not huge, which, in my book, is a plus. You don't come away feeling stuffed, but pleasantly full. The whole experience is a feast for your taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the tripWilltravel4foodDined on 9/19/2014We arrived late from the train station from out of town and at reception, whisked our baggage into the coat room without hesitation. Food, service and wine (a lovely Albarino) were of the highest quality. Our only regret is that the restaurant is 6 hours from where we live!Special Features:
- Definitely will go backBriRDined on 9/19/2014I orders the beef tenderloin and it melted in my mouth, appetizers and dessert were also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a birthday or anniversaryTomLDined on 9/19/2014We ate at Bocuse and enjoyed it tremendously. The atmosphere was terrific and I enjoyed interacting with the students as they gave great effort. Do a little research and come prepared with a game plan! See if you can review some online photos of the dishes or read other folks review so that you know what you're ordering... I think it will add to your experience. You can't go wrong with the beef tenderloin or the rabbit. All three courses give such a wide variety of flavors, it's a great treat.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014A very uncomfortable 'welcome' upon arrival. But most disappointing was the food temperature. While the food was very tasty and nicely presented, it was cold! not warm......cold on arrival. Truffle soup Luke-warm, fish not even warm. Sadly disappointing. Hope things improve there, I would not recommend it considering trave time and price.Special Features:
- Food Excellent, Service FairLovedthefoodDined on 9/19/2014Our main waiter seemed to have a problem. We're not sure if it was language. He helped me select a white and red wine and just brought the red wine. He opened the red wine and had me check it and had the decanter on his table. We asked him where the white wine was and he seemed to not realize we wanted that too. He immediately went and returned with the wine and went through the ritual of tasting it. He then began pouring the wine in the cups but never decanted the red wine. After the meal we waited for quite a while for him to bring our check but we finally had to ask someone to help. The rest of he staff was fine.Special Features:
- Delightful food and serviceKathy17Dined on 9/18/2014Wonderful dinner with delicious food and presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable outingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014We come to the CIA for lunch once or twice a year while staying in the Berkshires. We meet up with friends and always enjoy the experience. The Bocuse restaurant is a lovely addition. Food and service was excellent. Our only complaint is the type of plates (rather bowls) that were being used to serve some of the main courses. Not appropriate, even if it looks pretty. Eva & JPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Time, But Not My LastkathiDined on 9/18/2014My long time friend and I treated ourselves to a Bocuse meal because I had never experienced C.I.A. dining. Every aspect of the experience was memorable: Jason, our server, was very attentive, informative, and friendly, making recommendations that we had not considered, and educating us about beverage characteristics; the presentation of the cuisine was beautiful and photo-worthy; we both enjoyed the Torchon of Foie Gras appetizer, the Breast of Long Island Duck entree, the Nougat Glace and Lemon Bar desserts. The physical environment was elegant and the music was enjoyable but non-intrusive to conversation.(We had a female server for the appetizer, hence the private note below). I intend to gift my "foodie" spouse with a dinner here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le BocusegingeranncDined on 9/17/2014Fine dining with what almost seems like rehearsed staff because their synchronization is pleasant and delights anyone's eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We were celebrating our 48th anniversary and wanted a restaurant to fit the occasion. The servers very professional and extremely helpful in the selection of wine and describing the different food choices. We both had the lobster appetizer, which was amazing! My husband had the halibut and I had the fillet; entrées were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. Dessert was very enjoyable. We look forward to coming back! The students were to graduate in two days. They have been well prepared by the CIA to delight the most discriminating palates. Congratulations to all!Special Features:
- A Lovely ExperienceThankyouBocuseDined on 9/17/2014Lunch at Bocuse is a lovely experience and perhaps one of the great bargains in the Hudson Valley--a three course lunch of beautifully prepared and presented food with wonderful choices for $35.00. Wines are very reasonably priced. Service by eager to please CIA students is attentive and friendly. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Five star food and service. We even got a brief tour of the kitchen - probably because it had quieted down by the time of our late seating.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Delightful describes the presentation, food, students, and admosphereSpecial Features:
- newlyweds105OVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. The brides's beef was ordered medium rare and came medium and they imediately replaced it with a perfectly cooked delicious medium rare steak. Rabbit was great. Foie gras perfect. Truffle soup was a broth and exremely tasty - light and flavorful. Perfect for early fall. Desert was wonderful - over the top. Lavendar ice cream made tablesid in 45 seconds was not only theater, it was great creamy ice cream and the other deserts were wonderful. Service was good, not polished - these are students - but attentive and helpful. enyoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Great date-night dinner!DiningInHudsonValleyDined on 9/13/2014The food was fabulous and matched by the service and ambiance! Will definitely visit again as well as try the other restaurants available at CIA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryDaMinManVIPDined on 9/13/2014I went for a Saturday lunch with my fiance'. We are foodies and prefer fine dining. We always wanted to go to the 'Harvard of Chefs' for a meal, and we were not disappointed. The food was perhaps some of the best we've ever eaten, certainly rivaling meals we've had at Del Posto. The servers seemed a little nervous with some dropped forks, and things weren't coming off the table until the next course arrived, causing our server to struggle. The table side ice cream and treats were stunning, and delicious. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Friday NightPartyof5Dined on 9/12/2014the The Cold Yellow Tomato Soup was a real find. I just loved it. I ordered the steak as an entrée and it was cooked to perfection and the sauce it was served with was delicious. Two members of the party ordered chicken and found it to be a very generous and very delicious portion. The Black Truffle Soup and the Lobster appetizer each received rave reviews also. Of course, the ice cream show, as always, is the perfect way to end the evening and it was wonderful. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, problem with serviceStevieDined on 9/12/2014Server was hard to understand and couldn't describe a dish for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice at tentative serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014You need to work on serving tea Felt like the French cuisine going after the EnglishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great. We celebrated my wife's birthday and she enjoyed the food, the views, and the wonderful students who took care of us!Special Features:
- BD celebrationDotsDined on 9/12/2014This was my first luncheon at Bocuse Restaurant, there to celebrate a friend's birthday. What a wonderful experience. When making reservations I noted that it was a birthday lunch and asked if they could acknowledge my friend in some way. To our delight while waiting for our table side lavender ice cream to freeze !! a small tray of pastrries with a Happy Birthday note was placed on the table. Lovely touch (without even a reminder)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday nite outDiner46Dined on 9/11/2014Easy to make...and change...reservation. Student wait staff were attentive and able to answer questions about items on menu. Lovely presentations...I enjoyed the tenderloin and my dining companions loved the halibut. A very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdaylunch912Dined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our experience at CIA. Beautiful campus and buildings. We felt that lunch was a shade overpriced and that the portions were a bit small, especially dessert. In addition, we would have liked our server to be more knowledgeable on our choice of wines that accompanied our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.