The Boathouse at Sunday Park
4602 Millridge Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23112Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Boathouse at Sunday Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserichmond.com/
- Phone: 8047442545x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 5:00 pm, Friday Service Begin at 3:00 pm, Sunday Brunch from 10 am - 3 pm, Dinner Service available all day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boathouse at Sunday Park offers a choice of either lunch or dinner private party menus. Private rooms and private party menus are available for groups of 16 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Bogese 8047442545x
- Entertainment: Enjoy Ban Caribe every Friday Night in the summer and Folk Musician George Turman every Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: Wednesday is Wine Night - A rotating list of five or six bottles, available for half price, selected from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.
End of Work Week Celebration - Every Friday... 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
A word from The Boathouse at Sunday Park
The view and setting of Sunday Park, graced by a 1,700 acre lake, are the breath of fresh air that will make your festivities truly memorable. Join us at The Boathouse and enjoy great food, great service, beautiful surroundings and our Wine Spectator award winning wine list. The panoramic sunset views put you in a resort vacation state of mind. The Boathouse Restaurant provides unlimited ways for our guests to enjoy the day or evening; business meetings, rehearsal dinners, dinner and drinks on our lakefront deck or inside dining surrounded in our beautiful nautical atmosphere with our open-fire Wood Stone pizza oven. Our menu features an extensive raw bar, open-flamed prime steaks, fresh seafood and if that is not enough we have Neapolitan Wood Stone fired pizzas...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Boathouse at Sunday Park - Best Restaurants in Midlothian ›
The Boathouse at Sunday Park reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (213)great for outdoor dining (203)special occasion (130)neighborhood gem (103)romantic (98)good for groups (83)great for brunch (68)vibrant bar scene (49)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (27)late-night find (18)Show More
- Sunday EveningPowhatan2Dined on 9/28/2014On a beautiful Sunday evening, the restaurant was almost empty - we were the only inside customers and there were perhaps a dozen guests at outside tables. The service was fair - waited quite a while for the 1st server to approach and take an order. Food was O.K. - nothing spectacular. 'Smashed' potatoes weren't very warm. Steak was fine; stuffed shrimp were a little tough - obviously not freshly prepared. Second visit to this restaurant; not somewhere we'd return.Special Features:
- highly impressedlldancer8705Dined on 9/26/2014This was the first time my husband and I have attended this restaurant. Several of my friends have recommended it to me and I must say I was highly satisfied. The waiter was very helpful is offering suggestions for drinks and entrees. Our service was timely and appropriate. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. We will definitely visit The Boathouse again!Special Features:
- Beautiful and LivelyDSRossDined on 9/26/2014Great neighborhood hangout, located on the water with a terrific sunset view. Food was well prepared and presented. Music was loud, but very good.Special Features:
- Birthdaygirl70Dined on 9/26/2014Great experience for a birthday celebration. Wine was excellent, seafood special of the day was prepared perfectly. Service was topnotch. Beautiful setting. Would return there again with no hesitation.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first time and we loved it! The food and service were OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view upstairs window seatJBPWDined on 9/25/2014Good food but I have had better. Service was good but waitress had to go up and downstairs to bring food and drink so not always available. Restrooms also downstairs but the lake view made the difference. Too bad it was a dreary day.Special Features:
- I had higher expectations!!IronDined on 9/24/2014We had a good time, it could of been so much better!!Special Features:
- FoodLeeannDined on 9/20/2014The food tasted good however my food was cold. My husband had something than myself and his was fine.Special Features:
- BirthdayLJMidlothianDined on 9/20/2014We met my brother and his wife here to celebrate her birthday. Food and service were very good. The restaurant was very busy and noisy, but we always love the view and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Beautiful nightabutterfly2Dined on 9/20/2014The weather was perfect for an outdoor meal. The view couldn't have been better. Although the menu options have changed and the amazing chicken nachos are no longer on the list, there were many options. Even if we order the same foods at various visits, they seem to vary in flavor and quality. On this visit, the food was pretty good. Our server was nice and knew just enough about the menu to quickly greet us and escape. She was not like many servers there. Most are extremely friendly and go above and beyond to provide excellent service. Especially on a beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parTravlerDined on 9/17/2014Crab cakes not as fresh tasting as in past; seasonal vegetables mediocre; seafood combination provided undercooked scallops and over cooked shrimp (3 of each), and crab cake. Chappel creek oysters very good but pricey. Good view of reservoir when weather is nice. stick with simple meals, alas seafood is not star here.Special Features:
- Meaningful momentsFood4RichmondDined on 9/14/2014The go to place for those who want to have a meaningful moment with who they are with. Nice without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJoGiDined on 9/14/2014Great food, prompt, cordial service, awesome scenery and the best part: nicely priced. We went for brunch with friends and we had a great time. The waitress was nice and accommodating. The view is breath taking and the food is delicious and fairly price. Overall, It was great!Special Features:
- Nice eveningKathyDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good as was the service. We were able to sit on the deck overlooking the reservoir which was very nice.Special Features:
- Great service! Good food!BoatHouseReviewDined on 9/12/2014This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant I truly enjoyed both visits. I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bugs!FlyinmysoupDined on 9/12/2014We were seated outside, under a light. Bugs were everywhere. I kept having to shew them away, pretty off putting. I wouldn't have been so upset if there hadn't been 3 or 4 open tables away from the light.Special Features:
- Great view, service, and food.BaldurDined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice meal. The outdoor seating was beautiful, the food was very good, and the place was kid-friendly. The food was very good. For the price and what they were aiming for ($200 for 3 adults), I have to say it should have been a little better. But I'm talking about it being an 8.5 out of 10, still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never disapoint merpliiDined on 9/7/2014WE have been going to Sunday Park for about 4 years now . Each time we have left pleased with the service, ambiance and quality of the food. I had the Norwegian Salmon, it was fresh, prepared very well and tasted great. My wife had the Southern Fried Seafood platter. She said the shrimp were tasty, the fish and crab were well prepared. Great place to have a meal and enjoy sitting on the deck overlooking the water. We have never been disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchbrunchwkidsDined on 9/7/2014We had brunch there for my sons birthday. It is a very nice place. The only complaint we have is that there should have been bread or a biscuit with the steak and egg selection with a few more home fries. Everything else was perfect; Even though we sat inside we were near the open doors and the music was a plus. Very relaxed atmosphere. Will be back the next time we are in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for seafood in RichmondMicnic1Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service! We were visiting Richmond and looking for good seafood and we found it. It was easy reserving a table online with Open Table. The view of the lake was wonderful. There were 5 of us and we all enjoyed what we ordered. We also had a helpful and great waitress named Elaine. If ever in the area again, we would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulgmman3Dined on 9/5/2014Food is great! View is awesome! Band was very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Beautiful view. Great service. We didn't wait for anything. Waitress paid attention to us and was helpful with food choices. Food came out and we were all satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed our dinner on Sunday evening. Patio dining was wonderful as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Change?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Food quality has gone down.. Have not been at this location for a awhile, always consistent, WHAT HAPPENED? Paid $12 For shrimp and grits and got 3 small shrimp???? Times are tight, but your not giving people value or quality food for there $$$. Won't b back unless someone else pays...Special Features:
- Lovely and very accessibleTiamijaDined on 8/31/2014The setting on the water is beautiful. I enjoyed brunch with two friends who use power wheelchairs. It was very easy to get to the patio in an area with a great view. The service was excellent, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe BeasleyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Table of 4, food was good but NY Strip asked med, got well done (no Pink). Everything else was good. Food prep seemed a little slow but the ambiance and the view takes care of that to a point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I both ordered the crab cakes. They were advertised as having zero fillers so we thought they would have some lump crab meat in them but they were more liked canned crab meat. We asked the waitress if they were broiled or fried and she didn't know. I don't understand how they could be advertised as guest favorites. For the price we paid we thought they would be much different. The potatoes and veggies were barely warm. But the setting was very nice being by the lake. We might go back sometime but would order another dish.Special Features:
- Good food / poor serviceArmyAv8RDined on 8/29/2014Second time going to The BoatHouse at Sunday park, second time in a row service was terrible. However the food and beer list was pretty good both times; so if you have about two plus hours to dine I would suggest it.Special Features:
- Horrible staff attitudefrequentdineroutDined on 8/29/2014We were seated outdoors in the sun. When we requested to be moved to one of the six empty tables that were in the shade, we were told by the hostess in an scolding tone to wait while they took care of some other people that had just arrived. We were then told that "the sun moves and our table would eventually be in the shade". When I pointed out that there were six unoccupied tables in the shade, I was told that they were completely booked with reservations, even though we had also made reservations. They would not make a simple table change and their attitude was insulting! When we left after my wife's birthday dinner, there were STILL three vacant tables in the shade!! We will not return and we will tell our friends about our visit.
- JerryTDined on 8/28/2014The food and service was outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OwensgrandmaDined on 8/28/2014There were 4 of us and we all got something different to eat and everyone was very happy with the taste of the food. One person had fish tacos, one ribs, one the shrimp and grits and the last person had the scallops and shrimp pasta. We were all glad that we got each entree and would get them all again. I got french fries with my tacos and I don't eat them, but gave them to my husband. The only complaint that we had was the appetizer- fried green tomatoes were sliced too thin and all you could taste was the breading. We did leave that on the comment card so hopefully they will change the size of the tomatoes. They came with a delicious sauce. I want to go back and also want to try the Rockett's Landing location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014It was my husband's birthday, you made it great. The view was outstanding as well as the service.Special Features:
- OverpricedJeffDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant atmosphere was great in a beautiful setting by a lake. But the menu was very high priced and food was mediocre. Service lacked some as I never got my salad I ordered. Wouldn't recommend it. Boat House at Rockets Landing is much better!Special Features:
- DisappointedKMD1Dined on 8/21/2014Although the menu is limited, the items looked appetizing. I got the stuffed shrimp and they were pretty tasteless. The calamari was decent, I thought I remembered a pan-asian type of dip for those, but instead, a remoulade came with them - it was okay. The crab-puppies - again, disappointing. They really should call them hush puppies, not even a hint of crab flavor, and again, the same remoulade dip. It seems to have gone downhill a bit.Special Features:
- DisappointedOccasionalDinerDined on 8/19/2014We have visited the boathouse on a few occasions. In every case we found the food very mediocre. In this case the service wasn't the best as well it was clear we had a server that was very new. I manager never came by to ask us about our experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingGuinessDined on 8/18/2014We visited the Brandermill location at the request of my 12 year old to celebrate her birthday. We have dined at both the Rocketts Landing and Brandermill location on numerous occasions but have Always enjoyed the waterfront views when dining with the kids. We have always enjoyed our prior visits (food, service and atmosphere have always had us anxious to return) I'm not sure what happened on most recent visit, but my daughter asked a poignant question : "Daddy, if this was your first visit, would you ever come back?) I hope this was just an off nite, but the server was slow and lacked basic knowledge. The food, which has always been good, was quite frankly BAD. We actually sent my wife's back and should have sent mine back too! Next Time?Special Features:
- A Sunday Night Dinner On The LakeIrisheyes826VIPDined on 8/17/2014We visited with my son and his wife to celebrate their anniversary. In the past the meals have been very very good, but on this visit we were not overly impressed with the quality of our meals. My son ordered the lobster, which he was was good. My daughter in law had the chicken and she said it was not anyting like the last time she had it. Very bland. My pasta dish was just ok - pasta sauce tasted old and noodles were all stuck together like it had been cooked and left standing awhile. My husband had the mussels and the portion for the price was very small. All in all this visit was not one of the best - but we think it may have been the fact it was a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperSilverfreakDined on 8/17/2014Took a large group, out of town friends, and everyone enjoyed the evening. Thank goodness the weather cooperated. Wouldn't have wanted to be outside in typical Richmond weather. Sunset could have been better but don't guess the Boathouse could control that. Ask for my salmon to be cooked medium and it was. Someone came out from the kitchen to ask if it was ok. That was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful view, but omelet was dry.SharonADined on 8/17/2014Fantastic view of Swift Creek. Beautiful deck set in the woods and surrounded by flowers. However, the food is just so-so at best. I went for brunch and ordered the Chesapeake omelet which was VERY dry and not very flavorful. Other menu options may be better, but I would avoid ordering an omelet.Special Features:
- after proposal dinnerWilliamSDined on 8/16/2014I took my fiance to The Boathouse at Sunday Park a few hours after I proposed. I must say the ambiance is great- romantic low light, they honored my special request to be seated outdoors as well. Friendly staff and server. The food was great! I recommend the crab cake sandwich. We will be returning, very unique place and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.