The Boathouse at Sunday Park
4602 Millridge Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23112Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Boathouse at Sunday Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserichmond.com/
- Phone: (804) 744-2545
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 5:00 pm, Friday Service Begin at 3:00 pm, Sunday Brunch from 10 am - 3 pm, Dinner Service available all day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boathouse at Sunday Park offers a choice of either lunch or dinner private party menus. Private rooms and private party menus are available for groups of 16 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Bogese 8047442545x
- Entertainment: Enjoy Ban Caribe every Friday Night in the summer and Folk Musician George Turman every Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: Wednesday is Wine Night - A rotating list of five or six bottles, available for half price, selected from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.
End of Work Week Celebration - Every Friday... 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
A word from The Boathouse at Sunday Park
The view and setting of Sunday Park, graced by a 1,700 acre lake, are the breath of fresh air that will make your festivities truly memorable. Join us at The Boathouse and enjoy great food, great service, beautiful surroundings and our Wine Spectator award winning wine list. The panoramic sunset views put you in a resort vacation state of mind. The Boathouse Restaurant provides unlimited ways for our guests to enjoy the day or evening; business meetings, rehearsal dinners, dinner and drinks on our lakefront deck or inside dining surrounded in our beautiful nautical atmosphere with our open-fire Wood Stone pizza oven. Our menu features an extensive raw bar, open-flamed prime steaks, fresh seafood and if that is not enough we have Neapolitan Wood Stone fired pizzas...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Boathouse at Sunday Park - Best Restaurants in Midlothian ›
The Boathouse at Sunday Park reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (135)great for outdoor dining (130)special occasion (89)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (67)good for groups (58)great for brunch (43)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (22)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (8)Show More
- Superb Dining ExperienceMuscleheadDined on 11/1/2014The Boathouse was everything I expected and more! Our server, Charles was friendly and down-to-earth. It was our first time dining there and he made us feel right at home. Charles was very helpful with his knowledge of the entrees. I was amazed at how quickly our appetizers arrived and then our entrees were right on time, as well. The food was simply delicious! I ordered a steak, which was cooked to perfection. The portions of everything were more than enough. Unfortunately, I didn't leave room for dessert but next time, I will. Also, my Long Island Iced Tea was excellent. I really can't say enough about how much we enjoyed ourselves! Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScenicDeeLiciousDined on 11/1/2014Rustic and quiet surroundings with a scenic view for a quiet evening. Calamari was fresh and delicious! Staff ensures the venue and food are to your specifications.Special Features:
- Great experienceBrendaOntheGoVIPDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I loved it. We missed the sunset by seconds but the staff, food and music was lovely. I had read some reviews and was a little concerned but I'm so glad they didn't change our minds. We will do again and I would encourage you too!Special Features:
- A favorite place for brunchOut4TheNightDined on 10/26/2014My husband & I love to go to The Boathouse, especially on a gorgeous day like we had when we went for brunch recently. The view of sailboats on the water, clear blue sky and fall leaves was breathtaking. The food was also very good. But, sadly, the service was very slow. There wasn't even a huge crowd there when we went, but it took a long time for our food to come out. The maître 'd did come over to apologize for the wait, which we really appreciated, so at least they were aware of the delay. It also took a long time for our server to pick up our bill & payment. We'll undoubtedly go again, but I hope they'll work on their timing OR hire more servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyMelissaDined on 10/26/2014The Boathouse at Sunday Park is a beautiful low-key restaurant that is perfect for a romantic dinner as well as a girls brunch and everything in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceVdaydinnerDined on 10/21/2014Went here to celebrate my finishing my Bachelors degree. The staff were great and the food was amazing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- ReReDined on 10/18/2014The outdoor part of the restaurant was not open due to the change in the weather. We were seated upstairs. Service was very slow.Special Features:
- goodKatherineDined on 10/18/2014Excellent but very pricey for the portion size. My $29 dinner could have easily fit on a small salad plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmidlotomDined on 10/17/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant in about 10 years, but we are thinking about moving to the area and thought we would give it a shot. It was much better than we remembered. Think it has been completely remodeled, really attractive décor. Great scenic view of the water. The food, and specials, were outstanding. We definitely plan on returning, and making it a regular on our relatively short list of places that do not disappoint. If you haven't been here in awhile, give it a try. You will be pleasantly surprised !!Special Features:
- Our favorite placeDarbyDined on 10/17/2014We've been coming to this restaurant for many years. The atmosphere is fabulous, as is the view. The menu changes just often enough. It has plenty of outdoor seating on the reservoir. It's expensive but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- grate4famndatDined on 10/12/2014Good food, good atmosphere, very nice waitress name Jessica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrifterDined on 10/12/2014Always a great meal with friendly people couldn't think of a better place to celebrate our 39th anniversary!Special Features:
- Our table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We were not crazy about the seating. We had 12 people and instead of placing our tables together we had to sit at seperate tables. We were entertaining out of town guests and this was not the best accomodation.Special Features:
- A good night at the BoathouseMadMarvDined on 10/8/2014We took some friends from out of town and lucked out with a good night at the Boathouse. In our experience the food and service have been quite variable. For instance, the eggplant parmigiana that was delicious a month ago was only so-so a week ago. But this time it was again quite delicious. Our friends who are definite foodies seemed to enjoy the calimari and their entrees, and my wife and I enjoyed ours. The coffee as usual was outstanding. The service was excellent and timed well, not like other times we've been there and had to wait too long to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutsarahmorrinDined on 10/6/2014We were not new to The Boathouse, having been to large group events and after-work happy hours there before. This was our first time for dinner, and it made for a nice, lowkey birthday celebration. Our server, Rachel, was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The seafood special, rockfish on kale with a crab imperial topping, was very good. Another diner who had steak found it tasty and correctly cooked to order. The kitchen could have been more generous with the veggies -- the broccoli/cauliflower mix was perilously close to heavy garnish and ran out long before the steak was eaten. Gorgeous sunset view and relaxed atmosphere. We definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014Went to the Boathouse with my husband for much needed date night. Food was good, however I was surprised by the cost of the dinner special. Would definatly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningLandlords1Dined on 10/2/2014Reserved great outdoor table overlooking reservoir. Plenty tables spaced comfortably. Gorgeous sunset. Waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, not pushy, friendly. He came by once only to check on us and I liked that! Plenty seafood on the menu but we chose the Emerald Kale salad with grilled chicken and the angus burger. We were both very pleased. Asked for an appetizer of onion straws not specifically on the menu and we were told, "Not a problem!" A duo sang and played guitar...just the right sound level so we could enjoy them and still talk to each other. I would suggest reservations, but if not, they had cozy firepit and comfy bench to sit by while waiting for a table. All in all a very pleasant evening that I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View Nice--Food Below AveragedisappointedinerDined on 10/1/2014I reserved a table on the deck for our anniversary thinking we'd have a great view. We were as far from the edge of the deck as you can get with a table that had ample room, but the table was too small for the wide-set built-in seats which made being close to my husband very difficult (in retrospect, I should have joined him on his side of the table or asked for another table.) Crabcakes had lots of shell in them (or something crunchy that wasn't supposed to be in there). Veggies were good but only 2 florets of broccoli and 2 florets of cauliflower. Husband's shrimp was good, but only 8 shrimp. Way too pricey for what we got. Was very disappointed with the food and the view. Thankfully I'm crazy about my husband--looking at him was great!Special Features:
- Sunday EveningPowhatan2Dined on 9/28/2014On a beautiful Sunday evening, the restaurant was almost empty - we were the only inside customers and there were perhaps a dozen guests at outside tables. The service was fair - waited quite a while for the 1st server to approach and take an order. Food was O.K. - nothing spectacular. 'Smashed' potatoes weren't very warm. Steak was fine; stuffed shrimp were a little tough - obviously not freshly prepared. Second visit to this restaurant; not somewhere we'd return.Special Features:
- highly impressedlldancer8705Dined on 9/26/2014This was the first time my husband and I have attended this restaurant. Several of my friends have recommended it to me and I must say I was highly satisfied. The waiter was very helpful is offering suggestions for drinks and entrees. Our service was timely and appropriate. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. We will definitely visit The Boathouse again!Special Features:
- Beautiful and LivelyDSRossDined on 9/26/2014Great neighborhood hangout, located on the water with a terrific sunset view. Food was well prepared and presented. Music was loud, but very good.Special Features:
- Birthdaygirl70Dined on 9/26/2014Great experience for a birthday celebration. Wine was excellent, seafood special of the day was prepared perfectly. Service was topnotch. Beautiful setting. Would return there again with no hesitation.Special Features:
- ExcellentGlenDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time and we loved it! The food and service were OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view upstairs window seatJBPWDined on 9/25/2014Good food but I have had better. Service was good but waitress had to go up and downstairs to bring food and drink so not always available. Restrooms also downstairs but the lake view made the difference. Too bad it was a dreary day.Special Features:
- I had higher expectations!!IronDined on 9/24/2014We had a good time, it could of been so much better!!Special Features:
- FoodLeeannDined on 9/20/2014The food tasted good however my food was cold. My husband had something than myself and his was fine.Special Features:
- BirthdayLJMidlothianDined on 9/20/2014We met my brother and his wife here to celebrate her birthday. Food and service were very good. The restaurant was very busy and noisy, but we always love the view and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Beautiful nightabutterfly2Dined on 9/20/2014The weather was perfect for an outdoor meal. The view couldn't have been better. Although the menu options have changed and the amazing chicken nachos are no longer on the list, there were many options. Even if we order the same foods at various visits, they seem to vary in flavor and quality. On this visit, the food was pretty good. Our server was nice and knew just enough about the menu to quickly greet us and escape. She was not like many servers there. Most are extremely friendly and go above and beyond to provide excellent service. Especially on a beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parTravlerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Crab cakes not as fresh tasting as in past; seasonal vegetables mediocre; seafood combination provided undercooked scallops and over cooked shrimp (3 of each), and crab cake. Chappel creek oysters very good but pricey. Good view of reservoir when weather is nice. stick with simple meals, alas seafood is not star here.Special Features:
- Meaningful momentsFood4RichmondDined on 9/14/2014The go to place for those who want to have a meaningful moment with who they are with. Nice without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJoGiDined on 9/14/2014Great food, prompt, cordial service, awesome scenery and the best part: nicely priced. We went for brunch with friends and we had a great time. The waitress was nice and accommodating. The view is breath taking and the food is delicious and fairly price. Overall, It was great!Special Features:
- Nice eveningKathyDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good as was the service. We were able to sit on the deck overlooking the reservoir which was very nice.Special Features:
- Great service! Good food!BoatHouseReviewDined on 9/12/2014This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant I truly enjoyed both visits. I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bugs!FlyinmysoupDined on 9/12/2014We were seated outside, under a light. Bugs were everywhere. I kept having to shew them away, pretty off putting. I wouldn't have been so upset if there hadn't been 3 or 4 open tables away from the light.Special Features:
- Great view, service, and food.BaldurDined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice meal. The outdoor seating was beautiful, the food was very good, and the place was kid-friendly. The food was very good. For the price and what they were aiming for ($200 for 3 adults), I have to say it should have been a little better. But I'm talking about it being an 8.5 out of 10, still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never disapoint merpliiDined on 9/7/2014WE have been going to Sunday Park for about 4 years now . Each time we have left pleased with the service, ambiance and quality of the food. I had the Norwegian Salmon, it was fresh, prepared very well and tasted great. My wife had the Southern Fried Seafood platter. She said the shrimp were tasty, the fish and crab were well prepared. Great place to have a meal and enjoy sitting on the deck overlooking the water. We have never been disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchbrunchwkidsDined on 9/7/2014We had brunch there for my sons birthday. It is a very nice place. The only complaint we have is that there should have been bread or a biscuit with the steak and egg selection with a few more home fries. Everything else was perfect; Even though we sat inside we were near the open doors and the music was a plus. Very relaxed atmosphere. Will be back the next time we are in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for seafood in RichmondMicnic1Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service! We were visiting Richmond and looking for good seafood and we found it. It was easy reserving a table online with Open Table. The view of the lake was wonderful. There were 5 of us and we all enjoyed what we ordered. We also had a helpful and great waitress named Elaine. If ever in the area again, we would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulgmman3Dined on 9/5/2014Food is great! View is awesome! Band was very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Beautiful view. Great service. We didn't wait for anything. Waitress paid attention to us and was helpful with food choices. Food came out and we were all satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.