The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
4708 E Main Street
Richmond, VA 23231Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boathouserva.com/
- Phone: 8046222628x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 5:00 pm
Friday Service Begins at 3:00 pm
Saturday Service Begins at 12:00noon
Sunday Brunch 10 am - 2:30 pm, Dinner Service beginning at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With private rooms for 16 to 200, panoramic views of the Richmond skyline and James River, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing is a unique location for a special event. Antique brick, industrial steel, and a modern decor give your guests a glimpse of Richmond's rich history and vibrant future.
- Private Party Contact: Bonnie Ball 8046222628x
A word from The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
Get your taste buds ready. The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing has brought award-winning dining to the banks of the James River. The restaurant occupies the top floor of the recently restored Power Plant building, which once provided electricity for Richmond’s fleet of trolley cars. Rocketts Landing specializes in seafood as well as its signature wood-stone oven Gourmet Flatbreads. With indoor and outdoor dining, offering stunning views of the river and city skyline, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing promises a truly one-of-a-kind, waterside dining experience never before available in Richmond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (226)great for outdoor dining (178)special occasion (174)good for groups (108)romantic (104)great for brunch (68)fit for foodies (61)vibrant bar scene (60)neighborhood gem (56)hot spot (53)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (40)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- AwesomejessDined on 10/28/2014We went to the Boathouse to celebrate my wife's birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We have NO complaints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningincharlotteDined on 10/26/2014Great service and food was delicious. Quiet and romantic outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My wife, daughter and I had a wonderful experience at the Boathouse. The omelette and waffle stations were fabulous, and the vegetarian eggs benedict was great, too. The biscuits were the lightest I've ever had. I am already planning another reason to visit Richmond so I can go to the Boathouse again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingRVAfoodieDined on 10/25/2014We've been to The Boathouse many times in the past. This was our first sub-par experience. The view is great and the wait staff is always fantastic. The restaurant is a little noisy during peak dinner hours and you have to raise your voice to talk to anyone at your table. This particular visit was a little disappoiting because we found the food to be a little off. We had two appetizers and four entrees. Both appetizers were much too salty (we even had one remade and it still too much salt) and two of the four entrees had much too much salt on them. However, the manager came over to check on us and took the extra time to make sure our experience was good. We'll give it another go soon, but too much salt will ruin any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go - you will love itLifeisgoodVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have a group of six that travel across town often to dine at the Boathouse. It's a very nice place with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceJoeSRDined on 10/19/2014Wife and I arrived early. Sat at bar and enjoyed view and chatted with friendly bartender. Excellent brunch with omelette bar plus and a la carte ordering from the menu. In a party of eight with a 3 year old, 1 year old, 4 seniors and 2 adults. All were treated well with an attentive and friendly server. My omelette was excellent and prepared to order. All others seemed to enjoy their meals. Good time.Special Features:
- Great seafoodTnflyerDined on 10/18/2014Tried the raw oyster appetizer, good fresh oysters with a variety of sauces. Also had a fantastic piece of swordfish. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good views/marginal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Spectacular views of RVA and the river. Service was outstanding. Food was marginal at best. Would return only for drinks or dessert.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceInspired2DineDined on 10/15/2014My family thoroughly enjoyed dining at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing. The staff were very accommodating as we celebrated a special occasion. The entrees were savory and exceptional! I will continue to recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:
- Luv2doWIneVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent dinner especially when they offer 50% off Lobster and Shrimp appetizer...I hope they do it again. We had a great meal and the view looking at Richmond was fabulous. I would highly recommend going on a Wednesday night for 1/2 price Wine Wednesday nights. We will be returning :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- sea food delightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The crab dip is absolutely amazing, and the oysters, shrimp, lobster and catfish (OK, not sea food but still amazing) were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed!ChuckVIPDined on 10/11/2014Pre-dinner drinks at the bar... great! Calamari... most tender I have ever eaten. Filet Mignon medium rare... grilled to perfection, tender and juicy. Southern Fried Seafood platter - Catfish, Oysters, Shrimp, Crab Puppies (Slaw & fries)... just the right portions. Oysters and Shrimp were tender and perfectly prepared. It was a wonderful dinner. We've dined there several times and have enjoyed it each and every times. The food and service exceeds expectations. The best Wait Staff in Richmond, unquestionably! Friendly, helpful, attentive and knows the menu inside and out. They are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group lunch for 121DisappointedDinerDined on 10/11/2014I need a reservation for 12 but the online reservation process restricted my table size option to 6 people so I had my husband book another table for 6 more people. After booking the second table it was cancelled with the cancellation sent to my husband via email without explanation. I had to call to confirm that I'd be able to have a table for 12. That said, the meal service went well; however, my meal was only adequate so I was disappointed. I ordered a salad with added chicken. The salad was swimming in dressing and my chicken was very dry. The bread brought for the table was simply very ordinary (I could buy the same rolls at Food Lion and warm up!) I expected much higher quality food for the restaurant location and price.Special Features:
- LesMDined on 10/10/2014The seafood was tasty, the fried oysters were good but they looked like they had been cut into smaller pieces. I am sure this was done to spread them across the platter they arrived on. 6 is plenty and the more plump and juicy they are the better. Perhaps cutting them up is no as good. Waiter was good and quick to respond to our needs.Special Features:
- Fine dining by the RivahsunsetdonVIPDined on 10/9/2014The Boathouse at Rockett's Landing remains one of my favorite places in Richmond to dine, especially when taking business guests. The view is outstanding, and the food and service are usuallt excellent. On this visit the food and service was Best in Class. The waitperson, Courtney, was pleasant and knowledgeable. She mentioned that she is usually a bartender, so her knowledge of the wines was very helpful. I had the grilled salmon and my guest had the blackened catfish. We also shared a dozen oysters on the half shell snd they were also very good. Desert was Pazookie for my guest and creme brulee for me, again both excellent. Terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Wonderful evening for our family celebration. Courteous staff and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely....and ooh, white sangriaNotParticularDined on 10/8/201425th wedding anniversary. Table on the deck (awesome.) Crab cakes (wicked good.) White sangria (who knew there was such a thing? But, it was terrific, so I drank two.) BTW...husband gave me a silver necklace, and the manager treated us to free dessert for the occasion. DEFINATELY going back to try the wedge and the broiled seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse Experienceccc333Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent ambiance, great food, and fantastic service by FrankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great River view!CorporateDinerDined on 10/8/2014After booking my reservation with OpenTable, someone from the Boathouse called me and re-confirmed the reservation. The service was great, our waiter was very attentive and was willing to provide suggestions off the menu. The weather was gorgeous and we were seated outside by the James River. This was a business dinner and our out-of-town guests were impressed. The food was average, but the views and seating arrangements more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Brunch was Great!Webby2000VIPDined on 10/5/2014Food and service for brunch was great! They have an omelet station where they are made to order. I had lobster, cheddar and avocado. Better half had a burger which was fantastic. The lobster meat was very fresh and not too skimpy. Also had a waffle which was made to order and very tasty. Service was very prompt. (We made reservations through Open Table, but not sure why we did not get our points credited.) View was great as well.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestarantdinningdivaDined on 10/4/2014I loved the atmosphere in this restaurant. The view from both inside and on the deck of the James river was amazing! The service didn't match the food or the environment. Perhaps next time I will get a better server.Special Features:
- AmazingAngelDined on 10/3/2014Best dining experience and almost best food I've ever eaten in a resteraunt. The view was amazing and the setting was very romantic for my husband and I's date night. Hope to visit again in the neat future. Our server was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unmatched view!love2brunchDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has one of the best views of Richmond I've seen in my life. It's food is OK, not too great! But it's overshadowed by its great service and absolutely stunning view! Love it and can't wait to try brunch here sometime soon!Special Features:
- outside dining if you want the viewOctBirthdayDined on 10/1/2014As soon as we walked in the door, the hostess greeted us and wished the birthday boy a happy birthday. The food was good. I had salmon, which was awesome and the birthday boy had stuffed shrimp which was okay. The service was awesome, we didn't wait long for service or our food. The only drawback was that when I made the reservation I asked for a table inside that has a view of the river, however there aren't many and they were all taken. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyable atmosphere. Great food and service. Loved the view of downtown Richmond at night. Will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riding On ReputationDeRaveDined on 9/29/2014Where is the crab meat in my crab cakes. Very disappointed. Great atmosphere and view.Special Features:
- Romantic spot 5 stars!scurvymcdervishDined on 9/29/2014We went to the Boathouse at Rocketts Landing for the first time on our 12 year anniversary. We had a fabulous time- the hostess, the waiters, and the manager all made us feel very special and wished us a happy anniversary. The waiter was amazing- we weren't sure which wine to pick, so he offered to bring us samples, and I'm a vegan and he offered to have the chef whip up a special dish. The view was gorgeous, and we really had a lovely time. We stayed for almost three hours on the patio as it was a little rainy and we were the only ones to brave it. No one made us feel like we had to leave, and we enjoyed the ambience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!CarrieEatingDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I just went to Boathouse for our anniversary. We had an 8:00 reservation and arrived early. The host was very friendly and was able to seat us about 5 minutes before our reservation time. The atmosphere was lively at 8:00 on a Saturday night. I wasn't expecting just HOW lively but I didn't mind. It was just a bit loud. We were seated in the main dining room; I wished we could have been seated with a better view of the water since I requested to in the reservation (something I don't make a habit of doing but do for special occasions). The food was almost as good as we expected. The only problem was the food really could have been hotter. But our server was phenomenal and took our picture on the balcony. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very underwhelmingLegalBeagleDined on 9/27/2014We were interested in booking the Boathouse for our rehearsal dinner, but it is definitely off the list now. The positives are the location, view and ambiance; the view of downtown is fantastic, and the outdoor spaces are great. But the food was very disappointing. We had a pork belly appetizer that was mostly fat. I had a chicken caprese sandwich that was seriously lacking in chicken. My fiancee had margherita pizza, which wasn't bad but definitely nothing special. My father had a crab cake sandwich that warrants the same description. My mother had eggplant parmesan that was mushy and didn't come with pasta (which seems odd). Overall, the food was bland. The service was fine but slow at times (perhaps because it was very busy).Special Features:
- disappointedL5wmbgDined on 9/27/2014We have dined here a few other times and the food was very disappointing. Two of the people in my party ordered the rib-eye steaks and they were terrible- a very poor cut of meat and tasteless. I ordered the salmon and that was overcooked, dry and also tasteless. The view was wonderful but with these prices we definitely expected a better meal.Special Features:
- Terrible EntreesDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014The service and ambiance were great. Awesome view of sunset. I ordered stuffed shrimp that tasted like it was frozen not fresh. My wife had scallops that were loaded with pepper. The blueberry salad is great. The service was great. Limited menu.
- lovely view and tasty foodPamRVIPDined on 9/26/2014It was a lovely night at the Boathouse - great view, service, and food. I had the crab and asparagus pizza and loved it. My date had the fettucine with shrimp and scallops and enjoyed it. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryOur39thDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Boathouse. The sunset scenery was gorgeous. The service was highly professional and friendly and having reported that it was our wedding Anniversary, the manager brought us a large dish of dessert to share. Great experience!Special Features:
- A happy delicious birthdaycrabclawsDined on 9/26/2014Went to the Boathouse to celebrate a birthday. We were seated with a fantastic view of the city. Every dish was cooked to perfection and seasoned well. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner LocationRVAnativeDined on 9/26/2014Service was excellent especially our waiter's timing. GM and wait staff were very cordial and engaging and made our first visit (our 27th anniversary) very enjoyable. Presentation, portions, preparation and taste of each of the menu items we ordered were spot on. Will definitely be returning and recommending to friends/family. Outstanding views of the river and Richmond skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining by the "Rivah"sunsetdonVIPDined on 9/25/2014this is consistently one of my favorite restaurants. The view is outstanding (Richmond skyline with the sun setting behind). Even this night, with a steady rain, the view was charming. We start with raw oysters on the half shell, which were a little disappointing (small size, not much taste). For entree I had the shrimp & grits (excellent and only $2) and she had the seared tuna. Followed with pazookie for her and creme brûlée for me. We enjoyed a nice Pinot Grigio recommended by our waiter. The service was slow and the waitstaff was not very attentive, which was also disappointing and a step below prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous AnniversaryAwesomeDined on 9/22/2014From the time we walked into the door, we were treated royally. We were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary and everyone made us feel special. Even got a visit from one of the managers and a complimentary dessert. Beautiful sunset overlooking the river with the cityscape in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewDinnerByTheWaterDined on 9/21/2014The atmosphere, service, and food was great. However, I had a birthday dinner for my fiance and invited my family. The server brought out the bread and the butter had a dead fly in it. In my opinion, he should have knocked off a few bucks because to me it was an embarrassment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Everything I had on our brunch (the buffet) was delicious. The view and atmosphere were excellent. Our waitress was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. Overall we had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time!LisaDined on 9/21/2014Staff was most attentive - they made sure we enjoyed ourselves and we thank them very much. Outside seating was most relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.