The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
4708 E Main Street
Richmond, VA 23231Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boathouserva.com/
- Phone: 8046222628x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 5:00 pm
Friday Service Begins at 3:00 pm
Saturday Service Begins at 12:00noon
Sunday Brunch 10 am - 2:30 pm, Dinner Service beginning at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With private rooms for 16 to 200, panoramic views of the Richmond skyline and James River, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing is a unique location for a special event. Antique brick, industrial steel, and a modern decor give your guests a glimpse of Richmond's rich history and vibrant future.
- Private Party Contact: Bonnie Ball 8046222628x
A word from The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
Get your taste buds ready. The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing has brought award-winning dining to the banks of the James River. The restaurant occupies the top floor of the recently restored Power Plant building, which once provided electricity for Richmond’s fleet of trolley cars. Rocketts Landing specializes in seafood as well as its signature wood-stone oven Gourmet Flatbreads. With indoor and outdoor dining, offering stunning views of the river and city skyline, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing promises a truly one-of-a-kind, waterside dining experience never before available in Richmond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (262)great for outdoor dining (208)special occasion (200)romantic (114)good for groups (112)vibrant bar scene (77)great for brunch (75)hot spot (62)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (45)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- Not pleasedSadDinerDined on 9/14/2014When I first arrived I was greeted quite pleasantly and then was asked were we there for a celebration and we stated yes, Its my birthday. Nothing else was said or done. I figured a piece of cake would have arrived at our table at some point. I ordered the broiled seafood platter and specifically asked that my asparagus be replaced with cole slaw due to a food allergy. The waiter brought out my food with the asparagus touching the scallops and shrimp and then he bought out a small silver container with the cole slaw which was only about a forkful worth.Special Features:
- Every Enjoyable Every TimeAlwaysEnjoyableDined on 9/14/2014We have enjoyed all of our visits to the Boathouse and meet/take friends whenever we get the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We, seniors, met other seniors to catch up on what we had missed in their life. The noise level was such that four people could not hear and we ended up having a conversation only with the person we sat next to. The menu was pleasing. We found that we waited and waited for anything. Finally we asked three times for a check in the middle of our meal and had not gotten it by the end of the meal. We really waited and waited. The server was polite and the food served hot but such a long wait. We also had difficulty parking but that is because you were very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful viewsScoobyDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary and had a wonderful meal. The best peat was the balcony overlooking the river was fantastic!Special Features:
- Boathouse - Richmond ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Celebrated our 25th at your find location. The host was so sweet and worked with us on our table request. The bartender was just as gem as well. The food server who completed the experience did a really wonderful job as well. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time afternoon lunchamazedDined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere and ambiance was great. Nice view of the river. The food was good and hot when served. local adequate parking during the afternoon. Highly recommend for a late afternoon or early evening outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great servicepshartDined on 9/5/2014We have dined here many times. My husband loves the fried oysters and the crab dip as a first course. I had the blueberry salad which was very good. He had the stuffed shrimp and enjoyed them. My only negative comment is the noise level. I find it difficult to converse because it is so noisy. Wish they could do something about the noise level. That would make it a perfect place to dine!!Special Features:
- DisappointingMbiggersDined on 9/4/2014I have had brunch at The Boathouse many times. Wanted to bring friends for a special celebration for dinner on a week night. The service was very poor. The waiter was assigned too many table including inside (where we were seated) and some outside. It took more than 10 minutes to have water glasses placed on our table & more than 20 additional minutes for a bottle of warm water to fill the glasses. We were finally asked for our drink order, placed these & waited more than 20 minutes to receive the drinks only after I approached the bar to inquire about the drinks! Sorry, for a dinner at $400 for 4, the service is not great. I may go to brunch again but not for dinner. There are too many fantastic diner venues in Richmond to include This 1.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014The atmosphere was great and really romantic right on the river. We went on wine Wednesdays so they had a great selection of bottles of wine that were 1/2 off. Food was decent, but as with any fancy place you get a very skimpy portion for the price. Any real seafood place would have given you twice the amount of food and of course a lot better service. Our waiter kind of ignored us.Special Features:
- Best date night dinnerKramrvaDined on 9/3/2014I always love the raw oysters here. They have a great beer, wine, mixed drink selection. I got the crab stuffed shrimp, my girlfriend got the seafood pasta. We both really enjoyed the food and would highly recommend to everyone looking for an especially nice dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 9/3/2014Took a business rep, here from California, to dinner here. He appreciate the view of the city. Would recommend for a nice place to go especially for those visiting Richmond.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantMartyHDined on 9/3/2014Took awhile to get to the Boathouse but thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. We will return for the food and the view.Special Features:
- A Great Dinner at the Boathouse!djmjVIPDined on 9/2/2014We have been regular visitors to the Boathouse at Rocketts Landing and continue to enjoy a great deal. In recent visits they have had menu changes but continue to have something that would please most anyone. Our waiter recommended the Wahoo fish special and it was fantastic. Even a substitution of the side dish was no issue. This is just the food and I have not even mentioned the great view overlooking the James River. Boathouse- keep up the great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagsDined on 8/31/2014The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-star brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We visited The Boathouse for a Sunday morning brunch. The food, river view and music were all great (not sure if the music was recorded or satellite radio). Another memorable highlight was our waiter Greg who did a great job taking care of us. On his recommendation, we had delicious peach bellini cocktails. One of us had the made-to-order omlette that included a delicious biscuit, well-cooked tasty bacon and a generous side of fruit. Another had a top-your-own Belgian waffle with the same sides, and the other member of our party had a bowl of clam chowder and a juicy cheeseburger with well-seasoned fries. We'd definitely recommend this restaurant and would return here for future meals.Special Features:
- Date night favoritejsatcDined on 8/30/2014I've been to the Boathouse several times. I love the ever changing menu and nightly specials. If you are a bit of a connoisseur regarding seafood, their's is not the best. Food quality is great, preparation is not always on point. Without fail, the service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls lunch, my invitationRenaeVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have hosted friends here three previous times in the past six weeks for brunch and for dinner. Each time the food was as good as the perfect river view and service. I am sad to report that Sat. lunch did not measure up. I had raved to my friends about the food and was sorry that not one person at the table, including me, finished their food because it wasn't good. One of my favorite appetizers, fried oysters, were hard, either over fried or reheated. I usually savor them, but only ate 2. No one really complained to eachother or the waiter, and it was only shared on the drive home. Very disappointing meal. And my peach bilini was terrible..hard to mess up, but some mushy raspberries and a substance at the bottom that did not mix in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!WeekendfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Sitting outside as the sun sets is a must! It is simply breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyDined on 8/28/2014excellent dinner experience....food on terrace setting at sundown was superb....nice place for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 8/27/2014The weather was nice so it was a perfect night for a drink outdoors before dinner. Our table was ready on time and the service was good, not exceptional. The food at the Boathouse has been hit or miss for me in the past but it was on point Wednesday night. For dinner I had the shrip and scallop pasta. The portion was just right and quite tasty. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. The noise level which can be very loud at the Boathouse seemed much more controlled during our dinner. The only negative was that we must have had the worst seat in the resturuant. The setting sun shone very badly in our face. The window in front of us did not have any protection causing our side of the table to all have to wear our sunglasses during dinner.Special Features:
- Average restaurantEvs73Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first time dining at the Boathouse and I was not impressed. Service was disappointing and the food was average. We had to ask for water, bread, and bread plates, in that order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday NightDissapointedDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday on the 24th and my expectations were high. We were not disappointed. Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. We sat outside, which I had requested, which made for a wonderful evening. We've been there before and will continue to frequent this gem.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerBisonworldDined on 8/24/2014Great dining experience with a fabulous view! We were lucky enough to get a corner table, with an awesome view of the James river. I ordered the Lobster Bake which was fabulous! This item is a 'must try' before it's gone for the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck55Dined on 8/24/2014Thiw was my first time here with my iancee and the service and food was excellent. Our server Brice was knowledgable and friendly about the food and wine list. He did not rush us so we had time to eat each course without having the next piled on in front of us. Yes its romantic and classy and all that I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- admiralVIPDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic views of Richmond, especially in the morning and middaySpecial Features:
- Nice placeCLJLDined on 8/23/2014I wish it hadn't rained because outdoor seating would've been better for us. Inside was just a bit too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night specialGirlAboutTownDined on 8/23/2014We had never been to the Boathouse before & were looking for a place for date night that was different from our norm. Loved the idea of sitting on the deck next to the water and enjoying a good meal. Mother Nature took care of the great weather and our waiter, Kenny, took great care of us. He recommended a dish or two and led me toward a great crisp wine to enjoy. We had the salmon (grilled w/ red potatoes and asparagus) & the rockfish special. We also enjoyed the calamari, fresh caprese salad, and the pizookie for dessert. Food was timely, hot and delicious. The manager came by to say hello and check on us and the floor staff who delivered/cleared the dishes were great too. We really enjoyed the evening, the view and especially the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLifewithmoreDined on 8/22/2014My husband & I finally made it out to The Boathouse, and it was everything we hoped it would be. Excellent food, excellent location, excellent service, & a perfect dining experience. We couldn't be happier, or recommend it more.Special Features:
- Great for a birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We loved the view until it rained and then were helped to relocate inside. Half price wine was an added bonus! Love the Boathouse:-)Special Features:
- BoathouseBarbBill2505Dined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at the Boathouse Wed. night. The food was everything that we hoped for. We also didn't know that Wed. night was half price on wine, so of course we had a nice bottle of wine along with our meal. Our waiter, Matt was excellent and informed us on a little bit of the history and all the specials as this was our first visit. The noise level was just a bit loud but other than that looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best waitstaff...food well...TheBaronessVIPDined on 8/19/2014Could use some upgrading....miss the sushi from the menu...the oysters were ok but not great...and the choices were so so but the old menu was better....good drink menu but when I didn't like the drink I ordered the bartender just added sprite and sent it back....the waiter was very friendly and very kind since my dinner partner went to the wrong boathouse and I had to wait....that is the second situation I have had where the locations were confused....I think they need to rename one of the restaurants....Special Features:
- Thank YouJTomDined on 8/18/2014Everything was great. My wife's birthday. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a ViewMotaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Boathouse may be the best spot in Richmond to enjoy a good meal, beautiful views of the Richmond skyline, and the peace and tranquility of boats passing by underneath on the James River. Just a lovely setting and good , quality food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Not impressedStarryeyedDined on 8/17/2014We went for my daughter's 16th Birthday and she was treated wonderfully. however our server left drinks emptied and was just not great. Our biggest disappointment was the food. The Crab Cakes which were to have no filler were soggy and mostly filler. Gross. We will return but for drinks and apps…not worth the hype AT ALL.Special Features:
- Great brunch!PamelaDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful Sunday brunch menu!! We loved the new Vegetable Benedict dish. Keep it on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNikki2010Dined on 8/16/2014It was just a wonderful experience. Everyone was so polite and courteous! I put notes that we were celebrating my husbands birthday and the manager personally came to greet us and say Happy Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Never disappointed by the food or service. We had an outstanding table with an incredible view of downtown. Awesome choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Very nice facility. Beautiful environment. Good food and great service. A well run operation. Good introduction to Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!Live2EatDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time at The Boathouse. We were very pleased with both the food and service! My husband had the omelet station.... crab, shrimp... the kitchen sink! He has loads of options. I ordered the Caprese Sandwich from the menu. All excellent!! Did I mention the white peach Bellini? Loved! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchProposalonthedessertmenuDined on 8/9/2014I located this restaurant online and made reservations, so they I may propose to my girlfriend at a nice establishment. The employees were very helpful in making this a very special moment with no hiccups. They were very receptive to all my needs and the service once we got there was outstanding. Would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.