The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
4708 E Main Street
Richmond, VA 23231Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boathouserva.com/
- Phone: 8046222628x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 5:00 pm
Friday Service Begins at 3:00 pm
Saturday Service Begins at 12:00noon
Sunday Brunch 10 am - 2:30 pm, Dinner Service beginning at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With private rooms for 16 to 200, panoramic views of the Richmond skyline and James River, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing is a unique location for a special event. Antique brick, industrial steel, and a modern decor give your guests a glimpse of Richmond's rich history and vibrant future.
- Private Party Contact: Bonnie Ball 8046222628x
A word from The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
Get your taste buds ready. The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing has brought award-winning dining to the banks of the James River. The restaurant occupies the top floor of the recently restored Power Plant building, which once provided electricity for Richmond’s fleet of trolley cars. Rocketts Landing specializes in seafood as well as its signature wood-stone oven Gourmet Flatbreads. With indoor and outdoor dining, offering stunning views of the river and city skyline, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing promises a truly one-of-a-kind, waterside dining experience never before available in Richmond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
317 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (271)great for outdoor dining (217)special occasion (202)romantic (120)good for groups (115)great for brunch (82)vibrant bar scene (77)fit for foodies (66)hot spot (62)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (49)great for lunch (47)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- MagsDined on 8/31/2014The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I've been to the Boathouse several times. I love the ever changing menu and nightly specials. If you are a bit of a connoisseur regarding seafood, their's is not the best. Food quality is great, preparation is not always on point. Without fail, the service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls lunch, my invitationRenaeDined on 8/30/2014I have hosted friends here three previous times in the past six weeks for brunch and for dinner. Each time the food was as good as the perfect river view and service. I am sad to report that Sat. lunch did not measure up. I had raved to my friends about the food and was sorry that not one person at the table, including me, finished their food because it wasn't good. One of my favorite appetizers, fried oysters, were hard, either over fried or reheated. I usually savor them, but only ate 2. No one really complained to eachother or the waiter, and it was only shared on the drive home. Very disappointing meal. And my peach bilini was terrible..hard to mess up, but some mushy raspberries and a substance at the bottom that did not mix in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyDined on 8/28/2014excellent dinner experience....food on terrace setting at sundown was superb....nice place for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 8/27/2014The weather was nice so it was a perfect night for a drink outdoors before dinner. Our table was ready on time and the service was good, not exceptional. The food at the Boathouse has been hit or miss for me in the past but it was on point Wednesday night. For dinner I had the shrip and scallop pasta. The portion was just right and quite tasty. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. The noise level which can be very loud at the Boathouse seemed much more controlled during our dinner. The only negative was that we must have had the worst seat in the resturuant. The setting sun shone very badly in our face. The window in front of us did not have any protection causing our side of the table to all have to wear our sunglasses during dinner.Special Features:
- Average restaurantEvs73Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first time dining at the Boathouse and I was not impressed. Service was disappointing and the food was average. We had to ask for water, bread, and bread plates, in that order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday NightDissapointedDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday on the 24th and my expectations were high. We were not disappointed. Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. We sat outside, which I had requested, which made for a wonderful evening. We've been there before and will continue to frequent this gem.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerBisonworldDined on 8/24/2014Great dining experience with a fabulous view! We were lucky enough to get a corner table, with an awesome view of the James river. I ordered the Lobster Bake which was fabulous! This item is a 'must try' before it's gone for the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck55Dined on 8/24/2014Thiw was my first time here with my iancee and the service and food was excellent. Our server Brice was knowledgable and friendly about the food and wine list. He did not rush us so we had time to eat each course without having the next piled on in front of us. Yes its romantic and classy and all that I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- admiralVIPDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic views of Richmond, especially in the morning and middaySpecial Features:
- Nice placeCLJLDined on 8/23/2014I wish it hadn't rained because outdoor seating would've been better for us. Inside was just a bit too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night specialGirlAboutTownDined on 8/23/2014We had never been to the Boathouse before & were looking for a place for date night that was different from our norm. Loved the idea of sitting on the deck next to the water and enjoying a good meal. Mother Nature took care of the great weather and our waiter, Kenny, took great care of us. He recommended a dish or two and led me toward a great crisp wine to enjoy. We had the salmon (grilled w/ red potatoes and asparagus) & the rockfish special. We also enjoyed the calamari, fresh caprese salad, and the pizookie for dessert. Food was timely, hot and delicious. The manager came by to say hello and check on us and the floor staff who delivered/cleared the dishes were great too. We really enjoyed the evening, the view and especially the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLifewithmoreDined on 8/22/2014My husband & I finally made it out to The Boathouse, and it was everything we hoped it would be. Excellent food, excellent location, excellent service, & a perfect dining experience. We couldn't be happier, or recommend it more.Special Features:
- Great for a birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We loved the view until it rained and then were helped to relocate inside. Half price wine was an added bonus! Love the Boathouse:-)Special Features:
- BoathouseBarbBill2505Dined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at the Boathouse Wed. night. The food was everything that we hoped for. We also didn't know that Wed. night was half price on wine, so of course we had a nice bottle of wine along with our meal. Our waiter, Matt was excellent and informed us on a little bit of the history and all the specials as this was our first visit. The noise level was just a bit loud but other than that looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best waitstaff...food well...TheBaronessVIPDined on 8/19/2014Could use some upgrading....miss the sushi from the menu...the oysters were ok but not great...and the choices were so so but the old menu was better....good drink menu but when I didn't like the drink I ordered the bartender just added sprite and sent it back....the waiter was very friendly and very kind since my dinner partner went to the wrong boathouse and I had to wait....that is the second situation I have had where the locations were confused....I think they need to rename one of the restaurants....Special Features:
- Thank YouJTomDined on 8/18/2014Everything was great. My wife's birthday. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a ViewMotaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Boathouse may be the best spot in Richmond to enjoy a good meal, beautiful views of the Richmond skyline, and the peace and tranquility of boats passing by underneath on the James River. Just a lovely setting and good , quality food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Not impressedStarryeyedDined on 8/17/2014We went for my daughter's 16th Birthday and she was treated wonderfully. however our server left drinks emptied and was just not great. Our biggest disappointment was the food. The Crab Cakes which were to have no filler were soggy and mostly filler. Gross. We will return but for drinks and apps…not worth the hype AT ALL.Special Features:
- Great brunch!PamelaDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful Sunday brunch menu!! We loved the new Vegetable Benedict dish. Keep it on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNikki2010Dined on 8/16/2014It was just a wonderful experience. Everyone was so polite and courteous! I put notes that we were celebrating my husbands birthday and the manager personally came to greet us and say Happy Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Never disappointed by the food or service. We had an outstanding table with an incredible view of downtown. Awesome choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Very nice facility. Beautiful environment. Good food and great service. A well run operation. Good introduction to Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!Live2EatDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time at The Boathouse. We were very pleased with both the food and service! My husband had the omelet station.... crab, shrimp... the kitchen sink! He has loads of options. I ordered the Caprese Sandwich from the menu. All excellent!! Did I mention the white peach Bellini? Loved! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchProposalonthedessertmenuDined on 8/9/2014I located this restaurant online and made reservations, so they I may propose to my girlfriend at a nice establishment. The employees were very helpful in making this a very special moment with no hiccups. They were very receptive to all my needs and the service once we got there was outstanding. Would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice dining experience!duckyDined on 8/8/2014I wanted to take my husband somewhere nice for his birthday and my daughter recommended the Boathouse. I must say that it was a very nice experience. The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient. The view was nice but the next time I will reserve a window table to get a view of the water. It was a little noisy but not unbearable. I WOULD DEFINITELY COME BACK AGAIN. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining at its best!FlldinersVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were greeted and taken to a very nice table outside on the veranda. Our cocktails were very good as well as our salads. Everyone seemed to enjoy the entrees. The broiled seafood platter was very tasty. It was great to watch the sunset and enjoy the viewSpecial Features:
- Perfect dinnerRenaeDined on 8/6/2014This was a fun evening and the meal, service, and view couldn't have been better. Even with some rain clouds and a few drops of rain we enjoyed the river a gorgeous backdrop from our window seat. My dining partner and I enjoyed martinis, shared the fried oyster appetizer, and both ordered the broiled seafood plate. So yummy.Special Features:
- RichmondFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Such a great evening out on their deck overlooking the river as the sun set. So beautiful - corner table out on the deck - best table in town!Special Features:
- Bunch at The BoathouseFriendlyDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I went to The Boathouse on Sunday, August 3, 2014 and had a delicious brunch! Upon arrival, the greeting staff was very personable and made us feel right at home. The service was great and the chefs made our omelets just right. If I had to suggest a change, "hot" biscuits would have been my preference rather than those that were available. We plan to return this restaurant and will brings some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch experience!BeccaDined on 8/3/2014My friends & I went to Boathouse last weekend for brunch & loved it. It wasn't necessarily "rave-worthy" for us to the point where we would crave it every week, but the food was delicious, atmosphere beautiful, & the service was great. The vibe of the restaurant was fun & open. Good, lively energy while at the same time providing each set of guests with their space to enjoy a meal together. Unfortunately my seat was faced in the opposite direction of the water, but the whole time I knew it was there, & that added to the atmosphere. I ordered the eggs diablo... LOVED it! The chipotle ranchero sauce tasted like sriracha on steroids, & the sour cream & avocado balanced it out well together with the cheese grits to make a winning combination.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience at the Boathouse. The staff was great. We had one of the best tables in the house and had a truly wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Lovely evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My first time here, genuinely surprised given the location. Great food, attentive service. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Delightful and DeliciousNancyDined on 7/30/2014Boathouse at Rocketts Landing is still a special treat, with amazing views and fresh, inventive food, often sourced locally and always prepared with care and creativity. This trip, we went about 6 for dinner to catch a quieter vibe and found ourselves coddled and informed by a terrific waiter named James, whose attentions were thoughtful and unobtrusive. James was especially well-informed, made perceptive suggestions and moved the experience from 4 stars to 5.Special Features:
- Great Choice!bugrayDined on 7/30/2014Having been to the Boathouse in Brandermill several times, we decided to try the Rocketts Landing location. It was a little difficult to find(GPS issue). Once at the restaurant, we had a great time. My wife and I were celebrating my birthday and hoped for a nice relaxing dinner. This experience was just what we wanted! Both the waiter and manager greeted us with an unsolicited "happy birthday".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationGentlemanBDined on 7/29/2014Wonderful birthday celebration for a great lady! Our server, Tyler, could not have done a better job!Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceJune28dateDined on 7/28/2014We had a gift card and that is what brought us to this restaurant for dinner. The food was very good and the crab puppies were a special treat. Although we enjoyed our dinner there and do recommend this restaurant, it is not so special that we would go out of our way to come back - note, we do not live in the area. That said, I can see how this restaurant would be a "go-to" place for folks that live in the area.Special Features:
- Very LoudpshartDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful view at a great table. The food was above average and we had a very attentive waiter. We went with another couple and we had to talk very loudly to be heard above the racket. The open bar contributes to a very noisy atmosphere. I really would enjoy the restaurant more if it wasn't so difficult to converse there. It is a great place for Happy Hour. I will go elsewhere to spend over a hundred dollars for dinner.Special Features:
- EnjoyableBeachloverDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating our 46th Wedding Anniversary. This was our first visit. We enjoyed the food, service and location. Our server Chris was great and very attentive. From the Sunshine Punch which he recommended to the caprese which had the freshest tomatoes, fresh and nicely plated salads to the crab cakes and filet, we were not disappointed. The cookie dessert and bread pudding were tasty. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view and good foodSparkyDined on 7/26/2014Our experience was great! The waiter was great and the manager was fantastic. Great place for a special night out!Special Features: