The Boat Club Restaurant
1380 Wisconsin Ave
Whitefish, MT 59937Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Boat Club Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boatclubmt.com/
- Phone: 4068634040x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am daily. Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm,. Lounge: 11:00am - 2:00am Daily. Dinner: Sunday- Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Romagnuolo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Meet us at the Lake. For a memorable meeting for three or three hundred, the Lodge at Whitefish Lake provides the perfect location. The Executive Board room, poolside room and private dining room are perfect for small, intimate gatherings. With more than 6000 square feet, the conference room easily accommodates larger groups. Divisible by three, it provides flexibility for your meeting plans. For receptions and pre-dinner cocktails, select from the inside pre-function area or enjoy an outdoor event lakeside. Wireless or high-speed internet access is available in all meeting rooms.
- Private Party Facilities: Join us in our lakeside private dining room that seats up to 12 guests or our private lakefront living room that seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Shoff 4068634000x
- Entertainment: Join us in the Boat Club for live entertainment every Wednesday and Saturday evening.
A word from The Boat Club Restaurant
Voted "The Best Restaurant in Whitefish." Join us for the only lakefront dining in Whitefish. Our lounge menu features a variety of fresh salads, tasty sandwiches, wraps and freshly made specialty pizzas available for lunch and dinner. The dinner menu features steak and seafood options with a touch of Montana. The Boat Club has a wine list to complement any meal. All desserts are freshly prepared with nightly features tempting the taste buds. Local organic produce is used in salads, sides, and desserts when available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Boat Club Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Whitefish ›
The Boat Club Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (17)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food was spectacular however the service was very slow. Lots of people checking on how things were going but our meals, drinks and dessert took quite a long time..Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The waiter was good, appropriately attentive. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Big bucks for very average food!CookonvacationDined on 6/15/2014We ordered the meatloaf based on a previous dining experience here 2 years ago that was excellent. It was $28, very dry and quite tasteless. I've had better at a truck stop. Whitefish has many outstanding restaurants to choose from from so don't waste your money here!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner at the Boat ClubGlorifyDined on 6/14/2014The Boat Club has a relaxed, yet sophisticated atmosphere - perfect for that special intimate dinner. The views of Whitefish Lake are gorgeous. We will definitely return again. The pain seared halibut was excellent, cooked perfectly along with a delicious, creamy pesto orzo. The desserts are irresistible. We both absolutely loved the tiramisu, light but still decadent. The service was informative, attentive and efficient. The wine list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic CelebrationNDWhiteBuffaloDined on 6/6/2014My husband brought me to The Lodge for a romantic weekend. Our evening was spent eating and drinking at the Boat Club. we started with appitizers on the outdoor deck with drinks, the smoked salmon artichoke dip was incredible. Brooke's recommendation was exactly what we were looking for. We went back to our room to dress for dinner. Next, a window table overlooking the lake in the dining room, fantastic view of the evening sunset. Natalie was our server and she made great recommendatons; steak bites, onion soup, halibut, and the Huckleberry Mud Pie (ask for extra chocolate sauce). We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014I hope I don't have to wait for our next anniversary to dine there again! The staff was excellent and the food was even better!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMontanalover1Dined on 6/1/2014Great food, and accommodated eating preferences by a picky kid! Good service, and of course, great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Presentation3BBBDined on 5/23/2014We had only just arrived into Whitefish for our first trip to Montana. Anticipated and planned for several years, we wanted to partake in the majesty of all-things-Montana onbeautiful Whitefish Lake. As guests of the Lodge, we had naturally booked our first night's dinner at the Boathouse. Our expeerience couldn't have been better! Not only did we enjoy fish and beef dishes that were prepared deliciously, but our server, Brandon, attended to us with perception and diligenge. Seated at a window table, we absorbed the beauty of the lake, the mountains, and the endless sky. It was an entirely memorable meal accompanied by soft music from the bar. Incredible!Special Features:
- Breakfast reviewwfishdinerDined on 5/18/2014We were disappointed with the service at the Boat Club Restaurant. I purposely made a reservation so we could ensure a table was ready for us. After standing for 10 minutes in a line at the reception desk, we wandered into the restaurant. The person seating people first said that they did not take reservations. I told her that was strange because it was done through Open Table. Upon checking with her manager, she found our reservation and after another long delay we were seated. Our reservations were for 10:30 and we didn't get served until 11:00. I understand that they were busy and perhaps short staffed, but we still felt the service was poor. The food was fine, nothing special. I do not think we would have breakfast there again.Special Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the The Boat Club Restaurant reviews archive.
- Excellent ServiceFoodieHeavenDined on 5/1/2014My initial order of steamed clams, had a broken shell, and bits of it was mixed throughout the dish. It was also over-cooked. My very excellent server whisked away the dish and offered to have it re-fired or something else from the menu. I switched to the filet mignon. It was delicious! Cooked to perfection. Every other dish we ordered was perfect as well, and the drinks were fabulous. Overall I'm exceptionally happy. Our server was funny and well versed on menu items. I believe his name was Brandon. If you visit the restaurant, I highly recommend requesting a table in his section!Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerStusreviewDined on 4/27/2014My wife and I came to the Lodge at Whitefish Lake for our first year wedding anniversary this April. The food and service at the restaiurant were excellent. We enjoyed 2 appetizers and both were amazing. My wife ordered the seared salmon and I had the duck breast, exceptional. The view from our table (at the window was beautiful, and as we had an 8pm reservation, we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset while enjoying our meal. As we finished, our server informed us that the hotel wanted to buy us desert for our anniversary. We were very impressed with The Boathouse restaurant. We will definitely be returning for another romantic weekend getaway. Thank you for making our anniversary a very special occasion.Special Features:
- disappointed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The dinner menu looked great but we were disappointed with the taste of the food. It was very mediocre, esp for the price. In hind sight we should have ordered from the bar menu. That way we wouldn't have been as pinched in the purse as we were, and probably had been given tastier fare. The service, however, was friendly and timely.Special Features:
- Great views and good foodDianaDined on 4/5/2014The Boat Club has it all...view, atmosphere, excellent service, good food and entertainment. Known for it's wonderful steaks they also have good seafood and other selections. One of the best places in town.Special Features:
- Beautiful lake and mountain views.Lg0329Dined on 3/29/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the boat club this weekend. The service is amazing. The staff is very professional and eager to accommodate. We arrived early enough to be placed at one of their window tables that overlooks the lake. Although the dining space is rather large there is enough room between tables to make our evening intimate. The food was artfully prepared and delicious. If you are looking for fabulous food, excellent service and beautiful views then this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Whitefish!Eater1Dined on 2/14/2014Great ambience, excellent service, exquisite cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendeditalianDined on 12/31/2013If looking for the place to be in Whitefish, I would sure recommend this restauirantSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013The setting is nice and service was good - we went there New Years eve for a nice dinner. The food was mediocre, however. The salad was decent - some packaged greens and dressing - but nothing special. The steak was good and cooked correctly. The lobster was old and not very tasty though and the side dishes were uninspired. This is a great place to go to the bar side for a drink (they make great margaritas) and a burger, but the restaurant side is not worth the cost.Special Features:
- New Year DinnerJakeDined on 12/31/2013The Boat House has always delivered top quality food and service. They make you feel as if you were home in your own dinning room. This restaurant will continue to be a family favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the west!!BigforkDined on 12/30/2013Professional service delivered in warm, cozy ambience only outshined only by the chef! Montana raised beef the best, seafood prepared perfectly. Eggnog creme brûlée a delightful way to end the meal. Outside ice-sculpted bar was awesome! A wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view, so-so foodNurseMaruDined on 12/27/2013It would be very difficult to make an unhappy experience of dining in such breathtaking scenery. We are pleased to say our experience was not unhappy, but neither was it very special beyond the majesty of the natural surroundings; and perhaps our final check. On two different visits in different weeks at lunch and later dinner, we experienced long waits for water refills and other routine service. Our food was disappointingly ordinary, almost as if the menu was trying too hard to impress while the kitchen had a bit less concern for what it delivered. Next time I believe we will stick to snacks and cocktails on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star ratingFivestarserviceDined on 12/25/2013The whole dining experience was so great I will be letting my friends know about it. As well as adding the it as a favorite to my face book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I expecteddisappointmentDined on 11/28/2013Even though I was told we would be seated in the "Regatta Room" (sounds nice, right?) I didn't realize this meant boring, cold, "card table" type seating. What a disappointment for $36 per person. Wait staff did keep making "noise" about how everything was and Thanksgiving wishes but didn't give any real service. My husband got coffee while I was getting desert, but I was never asked or was able to get a cup. The on-line info stated a second plate would be $4.95 per person. Not mentioned and I don't believe anyone intended this to be the case. However, we did not know, and asked if there were plates at the salad bar for the salad. There wasn't. Did not enjoy putting all my food on one plate. Bread was hard and green beans were cold.
- Wonderful service and atmosphereWhitefishDined on 11/28/2013Absolutely gorgeous facility. Outdoor fireplaces in the winter were a nice touch. The food was incredible. Every server we encountered was personable and attentive. The restaurant was full both times we were there, and the place was definitely energetic, but the noise level wasn't so loud you couldn't hear the people at your own table talking. Great experience - will definitely be back to The Boat Club Restaurant on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Decor, Food/Service So SoMaryEllen27Dined on 10/27/2013This place should be outstanding if it were to equal the ambiance. The service the day we were there was slow, very indifferent. The waiter never made eye contact but kept looking over our heads at the game on T.V. Even though we asked for our food to have nothing with sugar, the burger came with a sweetened onion relish on it that was hard to remove. $4.00 extra to hold the fries and substitute a salad...outrageous. That salad was a tiny little pile of wilted lettuces and a couple of cucumbers, hardly special or gourmet. There used to be low top tables for 4 by the windows to enjoy the view. Now there are high-tops unsuitable for older or handicapped people being treated to a special meal out. Get 'em in and rush 'em out.Special Features:
- Special EveningHenryJsDined on 10/25/2013Thanks so much everyone for making our anniversary dinner special. Thanks Brandon, you’re awesome ! We will see you guys again, John & KarenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whitefish WonderGoodEaterKimDined on 10/11/2013During our weekend stay at the Lodge at Whitefish we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the restaurant and all of our meals were superb both in quality of food and service. As a side note - we were there to attend a wedding and the catering for the wedding was spectacular! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good; Could be BetterFoodie57Dined on 9/14/2013The ambiance and setting are excellent with a view of beautiful Whitefish Lake. Our server Brian was one of the best; he knew the wine list and did his utmost to provide us with an enjoyable evening. One meal of the four - salmon - was beautifully prepared and served. The other three - beef tenderloin and prime rib - were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views and Service OutstandingLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/2/2013Made a reservation based on the recent reviews by other Open Table dinners. I requested a table for two on the outdoor deck with a sunset view and the resturaunt set us up perfectly! Tim served us ( new server trained by Brandon) and he did a superb job of explaining the dishes, the wines, the deserts. Salads and deserts were really nice, but I was disappointed by the poor fish selection on the menu. The Boat Club is located in prime Montana fishing (brown and rainbow trout, and lots others too) but only Salmon on the menu. Partners vegetable strudel was interesting but could use some additional flavoring. Overall, a fine evening of dining and a memorable sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boat Club ExperienceGmanDined on 8/30/2013In a nutshell- awesome experience. Recommended by a friend. Came out from Calgary for the weekend and sat out on the patio having dinner overlooking the marina and watching the sun set. Great service and awesome food! Definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A magical evening indeedThisReviewerDined on 8/13/2013We were a party of 7. My family was visiting from out of town and was running late. They all finally arrived 30 minutes after our appointed reservation time. Our server Brandon was absolutely amazing and kept all of us entertained and fed until the rest of the party arrived. One member of our party is very picky, and he worked his magic with her and brought her food and drink that she absolutely loved! The food was amazing: the chicken was very tender and juicy with just the right amount of flavoring. Brandon gave everyone suggestions for wine pairings and the results were quite satisfactory. The food and the ambiance were wonderful, but our server definitely made our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter updateTimothyDined on 8/11/2013Brian did a fine job of reviewing the menu and making recommendations. My wife is still talking about the desert he recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great food, but good effort,JackVIPDined on 7/31/2013Not great food, but good effort, and excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service galoreJudiVIPDined on 7/23/2013I found this little gem and sat on the deck overlooking the lake. Brandon and his trainee, Tim, gave excellent service. Even in 97 degree weather with their long sleeves and vests on they had smiles and were totally engaging. And the huckleberry martini was extremely refreshing. Thanks guys!
- Boat Club dining on the deckBoniDined on 7/11/2013Very good food. What I wanted was not on the lunch menu but the server indicated it could be ordered down at the Tiki Bar. He took care of the entire process and I had the Fish Tacos that I wanted. Love the view over the lake. Even tho just a bit brezzy, it was not bad on the deck. Loved it and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annivesary Dinnerdinner42Dined on 7/9/2013I'm not sure if they were short staffed or not but the service was so slow it was almost non-existent (at times it was)lSpecial Features:
- Amazing viewDanaVIPDined on 6/17/2013This was our first visit to The Boat House and we will be back! Not only was the view of the lake amazing, our food was very good and our service was EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of the lake.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Beautiful view of the lake. Restaurant is decorated like 1940 Catskills. Smaller menu strong on steak and seafood. On the expensive side for the area, but lower priced than in a large city. Good wine list. Service was ok, but we had to ask twice for a couple of things. Very friendly. We have eaten here before and I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great view, so so food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013I use to eat here frequently but it just keeps going downhill at a steady pace. The view is absolutely wonderful but food quality is not. There are several GREAT restaurants in the Whitefish area that I would go to before going to Boat Club.Special Features:
- Visited here with family.atticusDined on 3/26/2013Visited here with family. Great service and atmosphere. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Always love the Boat ClubYellbyVIPDined on 3/16/2013Always love the Boat Club Restaurant!! Great food......great scenery!!!Special Features: