The Blue Marble Restaurant and Lounge
1979 Wellington Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3H 1H5Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Blue Marble Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lakeviewhotels.com/restaurants/blue-marble-restaurant-lounge/
- Phone: 204-594-1967x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am - 11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Anthony Kucera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Blue Marble Restaurant and Lounge
Located in the lobby of The Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel by Lakeview, the Blue Marble features a wonderful menu designed by our chef Anthony Kucera. contemporary small plates focusing on local ingredients in the restaurant and more traditional fare in the lounge, this menu utilizing locally grown and produced product from Manitoba is certain to impress.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Blue Marble Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Batter up! Another home run!!!WineAndDineDined on 8/23/2014Once again the Blue Marble delivers a product and service well above expectations. This is the third time dining here and everything is out of this world. First, take your inhibitions from being scared to come down to the airport for a dining destination, second come with an empty stomach and thirsty palate, and third...well you know. 110% satisfaction here, start with one of their signature feature cocktails, with house made bitters and old fashion style recipes its a great way to begin. I have only ordered off the tapas menu and I'm sure the regular menu is just as good but with the selection they have there is something for everyone. Amazing, well represented, and well priced wine list. Thank you Blue Marble, i will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Tapas & WineAlsatianDined on 8/12/2014We shared a beet salad, the pickerel and cavena risotto from the Tapas menu, it was more than enough food for two people. I can't speak for the "hotel" menu as I assume it for people who want room service or are not very adventurous in their eating (pizza, burgers etc.). The whole reason to go to the Blue Marble is the tapas menu. We were warmly welcomed when presented ourselves to the host. The food was amazing. Our server was an older gentleman who was very attentive and very professional. Indeed, we found out he worked for many years in other successful restaurants (ie. Dubrovnik, Sand Piper). The restaurant has its own mini green house system against one wall where you can watch your food grow. They also have a roof garden. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- harleDined on 6/27/2014Not worth the trouble. Service slow. Special requests ignored. Artic char over cooked and when we complained we were ignored . Won't go againSpecial Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the The Blue Marble Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Waste of time!!Luv2dineDined on 5/10/2014I never try to say anything bad about things but our dining experience was aweful. We waited over an hour and a half to only get our first plates, one was even the soup of the day. Which came out as a different soup then said. Within this time we were only asked once for drink refills. My father in law poured the wine. While our server was taking our first course plates away, he told us he will put in our second plates order now... An hour later we eat again. I left feeling very hungry, worn out, and not coming back. We were only there because my in laws were there before and said it was great. Not this time. We were the second table to arrive that night and our bill was well over $300.00. Money and time I can't get back!!
- Excellent tapasHanchezDined on 5/9/2014There are several varieties of tapas, each of which are excellent. The cheese plate for dessert is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Best Arugula Salad! I know right?CheapspeedVIPDined on 4/10/2014I never ever imagined I would rave about arugula salad, but it's divine! Interesting concept with small plates. Problem is dining alone, I had a hard time finding the right amount for dinner. Ended up ordering half salad (which I still kick myself for), and 2 small plates, plus a Duvel, which ended up being a little too much food. I would definitely visit again, this time with company. Definitely enjoyed the food, although as someone pointed out on Tripadvisor, the servers are definitely not trained in fine dining, although I don't really fault them, they are earnest and trying their best. Other thing is venue, it's situated in the Grand Hotel right across from the new Wpg airport, awfully deserted when I visited for dinner on a Thu night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A GemDec2313VIPDined on 4/6/2014Truly an amazing dinning experience. Will be going back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedExploringWPGCuisineDined on 3/29/2014This restaurant could use one thing in particular...the windows on the South West side overlooking the overpass to the airport should be tinted. The view is that of a concrete jungle and takes away from what the restaurant offers. A fabulous tapas menu, one of the best I've seen offered in the city! The server we had was lovely but obviously inexperienced with fine dining. We did feel our patronage was appreciated from beginning to end. The bartender and maitre d' were top notch! Hope this restaurant does well. If the exterior windows were tinted you would think you were downtown or in the exchange. Worth the trip to the airport :-) Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as generous as food reviewerIlovetoeatDined on 3/22/2014Despite a mixed, but generally positive review by our local restaurant reviewer, I didn't feel nearly as positive. The location should be a clue. The lack of problems making a reservation would be another. The overemphasis on ambience that was too cold and harsh left little to be desired. I didn't feel listing a well-known chef's name did anything for his reputation. The concept of tapas mixed with regular entrees was interesting. The best of the evening as a small plate of pork medallions. They were tender and tasty. Too bad three pieces amounted to 3 oz. of food. The rest of the food was devoid of taste and moisture. The price vs quantity and quality was unfavourable. The service, however, was excellent (thanks Ksenia).Special Features:
- Fantastic!eehemmingerDined on 3/8/2014Wife and I ordered the tapas and we were impressed! My favourite was the Tuna Carpaccio and the Oxtail Ravioli - just magnificent. Desert was superlative. Service was attentive and professional. Loved the décor. We will be returning.....and with friends! Thank you!Special Features: