The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas
18149 N Dallas Pkwy #100
Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebluefishsushi.com/#!restaurants/vstc4=north-dallas
- Phone: 9722503474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday : 11:00am - 2:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tian Lian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas
The Blue Fish features the freshest premium selections of sushi and sashimi, along with spectacular signature rolls and hot food dishes. We also boast a variety of sake, beer, wine and spirit selections to complete the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The Blue Fish - North DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Food was good, the table was a bit crowded (the crammed 10 of us into the hibachi table). Those who didn't want hibachi ordered sushi which they all said was excellent. Good experience over all.
- Satisfaction guaranteedSonjaDined on 8/13/2014Everyone from the host to the sushi chefs throughout the restaurant is very friendly and accommodating . The food is always fresh and the presentation is delightful. I dine here frequently and bring my friends and blue fish has made me become a sushi snob!!!Special Features:
- Best Visit YetBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sushi was amazing as always, and service was stellar. We were celebrating my husband's birthday over the weekend and he wanted sushi before we headed back to Oklahoma. There is no better in Dallas than The Blue Fish. They also treated him to tempura fried ice cream, and the server was kind enough to bring me a small scoop of ice cream without the breading as I'm gluten-free. We will definitely be back next trip to D-town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysMohsmanVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here several times. The sushi, specialty rolls, and entrees are very good to excellent. It is one of our "go to" places as a couple and with friends and when family fly in from out of town.Special Features:
- planomomplanomomDined on 7/25/2014Have been to Blue Fish many times both in the restaurant and the hibachi area. Service and food are always excellent. Some of the best sushi in town.Special Features:
- Great sushi, and service to match.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Great service, and the food was very good. Had the Ah tower that was turned into a heart w candle for wife's birthday. Got the lobster roll, which was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good service.NativeTexanVIPDined on 6/29/2014As always, dining at Blue Fish is enjoyable. The fish was fresh. The beer was cold and our waiter, Kyle, provided excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 6/23/2014I still say it's my favorite sushi in Dallas but the trio had an odd coffee-like flavor this visit. Not sure I would order it again but the tower was still flawless! Service was great at this location as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi And More!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014I had the BEST Summer Rolls ever here! Fresh tasting crab meat, mango and mint rolled up deliciously. All the Sushi rolls looked and tasted wonderful. My guest had Chicken teriyaki and raved. The little bunt chocolate cake and ice was big enough to share.Special Features:
- No birthday celebrationwendyDined on 6/8/2014We had asked numerous times to celebrate a birthday. This was not done. Not sure if they don't celebrate birthdays or if they forgot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FindYumYumeatemupDined on 6/4/2014This restaurant was upbeat and the food was fun and tasty. The noise level was a little loud, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still worth itTheRealDJDined on 5/24/2014Ahi tuna tower and their toro sashimi is still worthwhile. Service still up to par but the scene is getting old (or is it just me?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dining in North DallasMizJanieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Blue Fish is always a good late night option in North Dallas, even on a Sunday, funny enough. I wish that the staff was a bit more attentive as I am always trying to flag down someone for another drink or more sushi additions when I sit at the Sushi bar. Otherwise it is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014We came back to enjoy some more sushi with the family and of course everything was delicious. The service is always pleasant. The ahi tuna tower is a must have and the sushi rolls are our favorite. The bar is always packed whenever we get here for dinner and it's always a fun, inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Blue FishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Upon arrival a few moment early we were seated immediately which was awesome. Waiter was at our service as soon as we sat down. I had the Short Rib it was to die for, fell off the bone!! Now you know it's good tender meat when it falls off the bone. It was served with some really tasty sweet potatoes puree delicious. The jalapeno roll was really good my son enjoyed it, to end we had a chocolate cake desert:) This will be on my frequently visit list from now on for sure.Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas reviews archive.
- Fav Sushi EverBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 4/18/2014I ate the same 2 dishes 2 nights in a row during my weekend getaway. The sushi here is unbelievably fresh and delicious and if I were staying longer I would probably get the exact same thing tonight as well! Ahi Tower is a MUST try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJoeGDined on 4/12/2014First time I have been to Blue Fish. Definitely will go back. All the food was delicious, fresh, and made to order. When we arrived at the restaurant it was not very busy. By the time we left, it was crowded and a little loud, but that was expected. We had a great time and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveBKDallasDined on 4/9/2014I came from downtown to meet a client and had a great lunch. I actually came back a week later to meet another friend. Great sushi and sashimi on first trip - and delicious Bento box on second trip. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- High VibeAlwaZoutVIPDined on 4/5/2014We Love BlueFish The food is great, they will cook using lil to no butter if you request. The service is always great The quality of food is ALWAYS greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the third differentOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/4/2014This is the third different Blue Fish restaurant that I have eaten at. Generally, Blue Fish is one of my favorite places but this location disappointed. The flying fish offering outside the standard menu was nice but the usual rolls did not live up to how good they are at other locations.
- Great sushiRedmanDined on 3/29/2014The Ahi Tower is one of the best foodie items in the DFW area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice findRichieDDined on 3/29/2014I wanted to take my wife out to someplace other than the usual PF Changs or Maggianos annd I came across this place. It was a nice find. The staff was very attentive and the service was amazing. This was one of the first times that we went out in a long time so I am glad that we were able to enjoy our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceNativeTexanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Another enjoyable meal at Blue Fish. Good food as always, with some exceptional service from a nice young waiter, Jonathon. The place was crowded and frenetic, but he made sure we enjoyed great service with everything delivered just as ordered. Thanks for a wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2014One of our favorite sushi spots in Dallas. Came here to try out the hibachi and it was delicious! The chef was super nice and did all the fun tricks. We very much enjoyed it. The only thing was (like all hibachi meals) that the fried rice seemed overwhelmingly oily but I guess it couldn't be helped. It was still delicious and everything was well cooked. Will be back next time!Special Features:
- First timer SushiPantheraTigrisDined on 3/22/2014My son enjoys sushi and I wanted to try more than stuff filled imitation crab meat and cream cheese. We made reservations and had no problem getting seated on a Saturday night. The waiter was very helpful. We had the Ahi Tower, Mega Lobster, Rock Manhattan, Rainforest, Firecracker and Julie’s. Enjoyed all of them. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love blue fishMammabearDined on 3/22/2014We love the hibatchi tables. The service friendly and chefs make it fun for our elementary aged kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Fish 1st timer.foodsterDined on 3/19/2014I'm moving to Texas in the summer and will definitely go back to this restaurant. Great service, great food, and good value.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/17/2014One of our favorite dining spots in town! This time we tried hibachi for lunch and it was delicious! Chef was very nice and made a nice show of it with flames and humor. Our food came out deliciously and in generous portions. Will be back!Special Features:
- Good sushi. Loved the AhiMyMealisColdDined on 3/15/2014Good sushi. Loved the Ahi Tower. Service was fair. Waited 10 min to place app order. Server was hit/miss on refills. Noise level is ridonculous. Couldn't hear wife across the table from me. Tile floors, tightly packed tables and radio station piped over PA speakers combined for a "airport terminal" atmosphere.
- Favorite Sushi in TownTBIBarrettDined on 3/15/2014We know we can always count on Blue Fish for a wonderful meal! Ahi Tower is consistently delicious. Tried a drink with muddled strawberries, rum, lychee (can't remember the name of the drink, but I'll look for it again next time).Special Features:
- Went for girls night on recentlySDTexasDined on 3/7/2014Went for girls night on recently - Mixed drinks could have been better; all three of us ordered one of their signature cocktails. We then changed to wine and that worked out better. Food was good; we ordered rolls - the Lobster Mega roll was delicious though not as mega as they claim. The wonton berry tower for dessert was fantastic - light and fresh and just the right amount of sweet. We felt a bit rushed towards the end of the night - though the server was very nice, you could tell he was ready to call it a night. Would definitely go back there for the food. It's loud in the main dining room so I wouldn't go there thinking you are going to get a quiet/intimate dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi & Seafood Place!JohnGVIPDined on 3/5/2014While it was first time based on OpenTable listings, I really enjoyed the drinks and Seafood. Great presentation!Special Features:
- Too loudCurtisDined on 3/1/2014The Blue Fish in Allen is much nicer! We will not be back to the North Dallas location
- Still the best sushi in Dallas!BunnyKnowzVIPDined on 2/22/2014Blue Fish continues to wow my taste buds every visit. I'm unable to pinpoint what it is they are doing differently from other sushi restaurants and desperately wish they would open a location in Oklahoma City so I could enjoy them more frequently. The ahi tower cannot be missed, and I often make a meal off of that alone, however nearly all of their rolls are outstanding and I believe I have found my new second favorite in their "volcano". Dining service is usually excellent at each location, though the trend seems to be to hire overly rude hostesses. That alone will not deter me from visiting while in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatness in a roll.CAnthonyDined on 2/22/2014This is the best place for fresh sushi and shasimi. It is prepared and served with style and taste. If your just starting to venture into eating sushi, I would recommend the Sundae Roll. The spicy tuna roll and ahi tower are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014My wife and I come here about once every couple of months. It is always good because it is the same as we remember it from the last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service.Foodlover666Dined on 2/19/2014The food was amazing as always and the hibachi chef Henry cook better than other hibachi places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiwhatabrotherknowDined on 2/16/2014Sushi was really good. Fresh fish and tasted better than most sushi places in the area. Hibachi was hibachi. It was good, but nothing really stands out in my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, as alwaysNativeTexanVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great food as always, but service was way off their usual fast and attentive service. Maybe our waitress was new, but she was slow, forgot several requests and seemed to disappear at times. Hopefully, just an "off" night and not a trend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great! The chefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014The food was great! The chef was very entertaining! We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.