The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas
18149 N Dallas Pkwy #100
Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebluefishsushi.com/#!restaurants/vstc4=north-dallas
- Phone: (972) 250-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday : 11:00am - 2:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tian Lian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas
The Blue Fish features the freshest premium selections of sushi and sashimi, along with spectacular signature rolls and hot food dishes. We also boast a variety of sake, beer, wine and spirit selections to complete the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (18)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (9)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Great food, lovely eveningNativeTexanVIPDined on 11/18/2014As usual, Blue Fish did not disappoint. All the fish and sushi dishes were great. The tempura was light, but flavorful. Good cold beer. What more could you ask for? I highly recommend Blue Fish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice place to dineavonladyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Sushi, tempora, beef ribs, and chicken teriyaki were excellent. Especially enjoyed chocolate dessert with cinnamon ice creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The Ahi Tower is always awesome, and the sushi rolls fresh, delicious and beautiful! The crowd is very upbeat, great team service makes The Blue Fish delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhatupVIPDined on 11/4/2014AWESOME! AS ALWAYS! Hibachi has one of the best steaks in town. So healthy, too!Special Features:
- Ample PortionsHungryChuckDined on 10/24/2014Liked the specialty rolls, and the sushi portions were fair given the price. Good job on the cocktails as well - I had a Blue Fish Martini and the mango cocktail... both greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chain Sushi in the metroplexOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014A little on the expensive side but worth it. Everything here tastes great. We frequent the las colinas location. Surprisingly this location wasn't near as busy.Special Features:
- Awesome sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Never disappoints when we come here for dinner. Ahi tuna tower and the duck cigars is how we always start off and they are always delicious. They also have a great selection of sushi rolls and the sashimi is quite fresh here. This time we tried the el cubano, dragon, mango pinata, and the last vegas roll, which were all very good. Will be back!Special Features:
- Very enjoyableAnniversaryCelebratorsVIPDined on 9/24/2014I meet at restaurants often for business and am frequently looking for new locations. This was my first visit to Blue Fish, which I found through OpenTable, and I found it very enjoyable. The food was excellent, the ambiance and service were very good, it was easy to have a conversation, and the menu was unique enough from the usual business affair to make it interesting and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SushiMmmmmDined on 9/20/2014Probably the best sushi restaurant in North Dallas. From the service to the food - highly recommend.Special Features:
- Love this placejuliyingDined on 9/19/2014Our 9 year olds love this place and have loved it for years. By far the best sushi in town and our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteReinaDined on 9/18/2014Blue Fish is my favorite restaurant in Dallas! I always enjoy my dining experiences here. Their sashimi is fresher and tastes better than other area Japanese restaurants I've been to and their vegetable tempura also has a more flavorful taste than other places. I love the ambiance, the aquariums and the great location. Sometimes I enjoy happy hour specials at the bar/lounge area, and sometimes I am in the mood to sit at the hibachi section with friends. Other times I sit in the main dining area by the aquariums to have sashimi.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Sushi and restaurant is excellent! The quality and presentation along with the Staff makes dining here a truly wonderful experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and food.EddaltexDined on 9/12/2014Great place. This was my first time for this location. Loved it. Just discovering sushi and love this place. We had a mix up of where to sit. But once we learned the options we selected the hibachi. Tight seating but was great.Special Features:
- Good Standard SushimtdicksonVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place always delivers and we are never disappointed.
- One of my favorites placesMohsmanVIPDined on 9/4/2014This place runs on all cylinders. The food is great (we haven't tried the Hibachi), service is very attentive, and the ambiance vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Blue FishMaciVIPDined on 9/4/2014We were looking for something new to try and browsing Open Table when we found this 1000 point time. I'm not a sushi fan but my boyfriend is so we made sure to look at the menu first, and it had something we both would like, so we figured we would try it out! We arrived and were sat immediately into about a 1/2 full dining room, and it was happy hour with $1 sake which was a great deal! We placed our orders and food starting coming out one dish at a time, never-mind the fact that we weren't intending to share it all. That was our only peeve, as we tried dish after dish everything was outstanding! We couldn't finish our entrees and they boxed it up nice and neat for us and it help up well. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014It was a great experience, although Open Table had it as a 1000 point restaurant, and I just received a 100 points.Special Features:
- Blue Fish not just for sushiNancyTXDined on 8/22/2014Decided to have dinner thinking sushi and wound up with the tuna salad - excellent sashimi grade tuna, lightly seared around the edges on a plate heaped full of mixed greens with avocado and mango thrown in. Absolutely delightful! The calamari appetizer with two sauces was also a winner.Special Features:
- The Blue Fish - North DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Food was good, the table was a bit crowded (the crammed 10 of us into the hibachi table). Those who didn't want hibachi ordered sushi which they all said was excellent. Good experience over all.
- Satisfaction guaranteedSonjaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Everyone from the host to the sushi chefs throughout the restaurant is very friendly and accommodating . The food is always fresh and the presentation is delightful. I dine here frequently and bring my friends and blue fish has made me become a sushi snob!!!Special Features:
- Best Visit YetBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sushi was amazing as always, and service was stellar. We were celebrating my husband's birthday over the weekend and he wanted sushi before we headed back to Oklahoma. There is no better in Dallas than The Blue Fish. They also treated him to tempura fried ice cream, and the server was kind enough to bring me a small scoop of ice cream without the breading as I'm gluten-free. We will definitely be back next trip to D-town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysMohsmanVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here several times. The sushi, specialty rolls, and entrees are very good to excellent. It is one of our "go to" places as a couple and with friends and when family fly in from out of town.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant-North Dallas reviews archive.
- planomomplanomomDined on 7/25/2014Have been to Blue Fish many times both in the restaurant and the hibachi area. Service and food are always excellent. Some of the best sushi in town.Special Features:
- Great sushi, and service to match.FOGOdeGreatDined on 7/24/2014Great service, and the food was very good. Had the Ah tower that was turned into a heart w candle for wife's birthday. Got the lobster roll, which was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good service.NativeTexanVIPDined on 6/29/2014As always, dining at Blue Fish is enjoyable. The fish was fresh. The beer was cold and our waiter, Kyle, provided excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 6/23/2014I still say it's my favorite sushi in Dallas but the trio had an odd coffee-like flavor this visit. Not sure I would order it again but the tower was still flawless! Service was great at this location as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi And More!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014I had the BEST Summer Rolls ever here! Fresh tasting crab meat, mango and mint rolled up deliciously. All the Sushi rolls looked and tasted wonderful. My guest had Chicken teriyaki and raved. The little bunt chocolate cake and ice was big enough to share.Special Features:
- No birthday celebrationwendyDined on 6/8/2014We had asked numerous times to celebrate a birthday. This was not done. Not sure if they don't celebrate birthdays or if they forgot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FindYumYumeatemupDined on 6/4/2014This restaurant was upbeat and the food was fun and tasty. The noise level was a little loud, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still worth itTheRealDJDined on 5/24/2014Ahi tuna tower and their toro sashimi is still worthwhile. Service still up to par but the scene is getting old (or is it just me?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dining in North DallasMizJanieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Blue Fish is always a good late night option in North Dallas, even on a Sunday, funny enough. I wish that the staff was a bit more attentive as I am always trying to flag down someone for another drink or more sushi additions when I sit at the Sushi bar. Otherwise it is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014We came back to enjoy some more sushi with the family and of course everything was delicious. The service is always pleasant. The ahi tuna tower is a must have and the sushi rolls are our favorite. The bar is always packed whenever we get here for dinner and it's always a fun, inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Blue FishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Upon arrival a few moment early we were seated immediately which was awesome. Waiter was at our service as soon as we sat down. I had the Short Rib it was to die for, fell off the bone!! Now you know it's good tender meat when it falls off the bone. It was served with some really tasty sweet potatoes puree delicious. The jalapeno roll was really good my son enjoyed it, to end we had a chocolate cake desert:) This will be on my frequently visit list from now on for sure.Special Features:
- Fav Sushi EverBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 4/18/2014I ate the same 2 dishes 2 nights in a row during my weekend getaway. The sushi here is unbelievably fresh and delicious and if I were staying longer I would probably get the exact same thing tonight as well! Ahi Tower is a MUST try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJoeGDined on 4/12/2014First time I have been to Blue Fish. Definitely will go back. All the food was delicious, fresh, and made to order. When we arrived at the restaurant it was not very busy. By the time we left, it was crowded and a little loud, but that was expected. We had a great time and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveBKDallasDined on 4/9/2014I came from downtown to meet a client and had a great lunch. I actually came back a week later to meet another friend. Great sushi and sashimi on first trip - and delicious Bento box on second trip. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- High VibeAlwaZoutVIPDined on 4/5/2014We Love BlueFish The food is great, they will cook using lil to no butter if you request. The service is always great The quality of food is ALWAYS greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the third differentOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/4/2014This is the third different Blue Fish restaurant that I have eaten at. Generally, Blue Fish is one of my favorite places but this location disappointed. The flying fish offering outside the standard menu was nice but the usual rolls did not live up to how good they are at other locations.
- Great sushiRedmanDined on 3/29/2014The Ahi Tower is one of the best foodie items in the DFW area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice findRichieDDined on 3/29/2014I wanted to take my wife out to someplace other than the usual PF Changs or Maggianos annd I came across this place. It was a nice find. The staff was very attentive and the service was amazing. This was one of the first times that we went out in a long time so I am glad that we were able to enjoy our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.