The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant - Las Colinas
925 W John Carpenter Fwy
Irving, TX 75039Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant - Las Colinas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebluefishsushi.com/
- Phone: 9723853474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Bar Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm -7:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tian Lin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Bluefish offers pick-up, drop-off and off-site caterings. We can arrange a menu that best fits your event with as simple as picking up a large order or allowing us to set-up your party with all the bells and whistles. Ask a manager for details.
- Private Party Facilities: You can book a private room for 14, a semi-private room for 30-50 or the entire room for 75-125 guests. Ask a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Le 8774096552
- Entertainment: Every Thursday & Friday evening The Blue Fish offers Live DJs after 8:00pm in the bar area with arrangements of oldies, Reggae, Top 40 hits, Latin, Hip-Hop and much more.
A word from The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant - Las Colinas
The Blue Fish features the freshest premium selections of sushi and sashimi, along with spectacular signature rolls and hot food dishes. We also boast a variety of sake, beer, wine and spirit selections to complete the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant - Las Colinas - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant - Las Colinas reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014The food is always great and service was excellent. Made our birthday celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phantomfoodieDined on 8/28/2014went for dinner on a Thursday night shortly after the restaurant opened, wasn't too busy but the food was great and the service was great as well, I definitely would recommend a nice dinner night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good varietyScottDined on 8/27/2014Woul have liked to see a sashimi platter with sampling a of different fish on the menu. Nice bar, but limited whiskey selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices JustifiedahitowerobsessedDined on 8/23/2014Short and sweet: do not walk run to The Blue Fish in Las Colinas. Order the green apple sake (warm) and the ahi tower, you will agree in the end you just might pay any price for these items and anything else on the menu. It was my first time using open table for the reservation and despite my full party not arriving until an hour past the scheduled time, the hostess graciously showed us to our private room to accommodate us. Even my friend's 8 month old baby enjoyed herself. I cannot get back to Blue Fish fast enough!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too coldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Asked the server to have the manager turn down. Never happened. Blowing strong from two sides. Couldn't enjoy $350 meal.
- Great sushiGA2TXDined on 8/1/2014Very clean, large sushi bar with very fresh fish. Knowledgable, friendly staff. Very large dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the reservationRPWoodDined on 7/29/2014Noisy yet intimate, dim yet vibrant, an authentic upscale Japanese experience in a modern setting. Food was presented well, tasted fabulous, and was well priced. Drinks were made expertly, and specialty cocktails were varied enough to allow for a wide selection. Though a Tuesday evening, had a full house, but reservations made it easy to be seated quickly. Will be returning....Special Features:
- Wonderful sushi!FoodieoftworthDined on 7/12/2014My fiancée and I had a wonderful meal! Get the Ahi tower!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEGA TASTYMmmsushiDined on 7/9/2014Try the Mega Lobster Roll! So freaking good! The Samurai was awesome as well. I'll definitely be eating there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy serviceWallyDined on 7/5/2014The food, as always, was very good. The Ahi Tower is very definitely a favorite. However, I was pretty stunned by the inattentiveness of the wait-staff. At one point, I had to leave my seat, walk over to the waiter and tap him on the shoulder to attract his attention! He was far too busy draping himself over one of the female staff members to pay attention to customers, apparently. Admittedly, she's way more attractive than I am, however, a little more focus on the clientele, would probably be good for business. I usually frequent the North Dallas location and have always had outstanding service, so this was a true disappointment.
- Nice find!BarngirlDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our special evening at Blue fish. Service excellent food was very good. Really like the variety...especially for non sushi folks. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Great Celebration Lunch!SweetLeilaniDined on 6/13/2014Our party of 3 planned to celebrate our birthdays with lunch at Blue Fish. As always, Blue Fish rose to the occassion and provided us very fresh, tasty and beautiful sushi; attentive and friendly service and a beautiful environment to celebrate the occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average overall experiencekemandaDined on 6/7/2014The dining room is set up to be a little crowded with a fairly causal atmosphere. Our server was attentive and gave good suggestions when asked. The food came out in proper time and was phased in properly. The negatives to me were that the atmosphere is not warm and there's no feeling of privacy. The sushi was very plain tasting, the fish was bland and the rice was gooey. The flavor was lacking. The pot stickers were pan seared ok, but the filling tasted a little dry and had a grainy feel. The beer was great and the prices are lower than I expected thus, probably why the food was average to below average. It's okay for a quick sushi type stop but don't expect great food or atmosphere. Probably won't revisit that particular Bluefish.Special Features:
- Great sushiJSA5Dined on 6/2/2014Had a great time overall. Ambiance was interesting, though food was delicous. Sushi was delicious and very creative. Very flavorful.Special Features:
- Not what we expoected.MickeyDined on 5/21/2014Not the typical ( small, quiet and traditional ) Japanese ambience. This is a big and busy setting with a huge wraparound sushi bar with no less than eleven sushi chefs. Had we know that the portions would be so large we would have ordered less. They are LARGE. the Uni and other roe offerings were super fresh. the rolls are inventive and very well executed. they have a little too much emphasis on salmon on the menu which indicated a smaller selection of other fish. But this is an observation not a complaint. the service was above par and it was fast. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Love this placeAmelitajoDined on 5/19/2014Great place to go for lunch or dinner or dinner date!
- Good, not great.Pcarfan40Dined on 5/6/2014Everyone raved about it. Was expecting a bit more. The bar was playing sports on TV giving it a hint of sports bar, not what I'm looking for when I go for sushi. It was probably the biggest sushi restaurant I've visited, so don't expect a cozy romantic experience if that is what you are after. Sort of a sushi mill. Food was on the higher end of the price scale as far as sushi goes. But the food was good, and the server did a good job. I left satisfied, not amazed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SUSHI; MEDIOCRE SERVICEPrezgeneVIPDined on 5/5/2014Some of the very best sushi in Dallas, but service was definitely off the norm. Food was very fresh and none of our choices were anything less than stellar. It was a slow night in the restaurant which may have explained why service was so far off the usual crisp pace. It seems that everyone performs better when the place is full. Ahi Tower always a great starter; all the sushi is fresh and well cut. Because of the smaller crown, the noise level wasn't as catatonic as usual. Just wish the servers had paid a bit more attention to the few customers they had.
- The following 106 reviews are from the The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant - Las Colinas reviews archive.
- Loved it!crys23cDined on 4/22/2014This was my first time coming to Blue Fish and it will not be my last. I placed a reservation online and when I arrived I was quickly seated with my party of 4. It was lunch time so was very busy, but you could not tell because the service was outstanding! The food was AMAZING! Definitely fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, smell of mop water noOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014The quality of the sushi was good. Although the waiter was kind and courteous, the wait times were not acceptable especially for the drinks. My biggest complaint was the smell of mop water ruined the experience of a nice meal.
- Went with a large group andVelmaDined on 3/25/2014Went with a large group and they were very accomodating by seperating our checks. Second time there..yummy sushi!!! Nice to not have another Texas STEAK.....Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014The food was outstanding and the service was exceptional! Great atmosphere! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The music in the dining roomdiannecbsDined on 3/6/2014The music in the dining room was way too loud to enjoy conversation and a meal. I felt like I was in a dance club more than a restaurant. Based on the ratings on OpenTable I expected the food to be better too. This might be a better place for lunch.
- Bento BoxFoodieFantasticDined on 2/27/2014Sushi and sashimi was fresh and great for the lunch price as well as the portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the Ahi TowerLauraDined on 2/17/2014The Blue Fish has great Sushi. I can't say enough about the Ahi Tower. It is delish! Every time I bring new people to the Blue Fish and introduce them to the Ahi Tower, they absolutely love it and we find ourselves ordering another. The rolls are great - Volcano is excellent. I try and go to The Blue Fish every time I get to Dallas!Special Features:
- Best sushi in DFWAlfredoDined on 2/13/2014Always a great experience when eating at Blue FishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodliketoeatDined on 2/13/2014Always love the food but is noisy. Wish it wasn't so loud would probably go more often.Special Features:
- Always Good SushiMalindaZDined on 2/6/2014My husband and I come here for a good sushi place while staying at a nearby resort. The sushi is great, the restaurant is acceptable. It's perfect for what we want, so we will keep coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless SushiBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 2/1/2014I don't know what they do so differently with seemingly simple ingredients such as tuna and rice, but I hope they keep doing it. Truly some of the best sushi I've had anywhere. I don't think I can go there without demolishing an ahi tower all to myself. Decor is a bit cheesy and service a bit slow, but soooo worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class SashimiHewieVIPDined on 1/30/2014I frequent the Blue Fish regularly and consistently find it one of the best sushi restaurants in the area. On this occasion I had the Salmon Heaven plate, six pieces of delicious salmon sashimi in a light sauce. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!!luvsushiDined on 1/29/2014Love to go to Blue Fish for Sushi! Great quality and excellent service. I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch specials!Msaggie08Dined on 1/27/2014I took a co-worker to lunch here and it was quick and delicious- perfect for lunch. I was surprised how quickly the sushi rolls came out. It was a great lunch- I'll be taking another co-worker back next week!Special Features:
- JJ and Jacky makes the best sushi!MeiCVIPDined on 1/25/2014I cannot praise our sushi chefs enough for the delicious rolls and chirashi they prepared for us! The fish was extremely fresh and I love the new Naruto Soft Shell Crab roll. If you haven't tried it....you really need to! The thinly sliced cucumber that wraps around the roll gives it a very refreshing crunch and flavor. The Kijami wasabi that accompanied the sushi just elevated the taste to another level :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh SushiMarkDined on 1/25/2014I hosted some friends there Saturday night...awesome! The Ahi tuna tower is a fabulous starter. All the rolls and fresh sushi cuts were excellent. Won't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Love the feel overall of this place. The service was excellent & food was delicious ;)Special Features:
- huge bar and restaurant. WentkdbensonVIPDined on 1/10/2014huge bar and restaurant. Went for sea bass and salmon. Sea bass was perfectly cooked and delicious. Unfortunately, salmon was ordered medium and I asked specifically that it not be overcooked and was over cooked and dry. So well done on one side that we couldn't eat with chopsticks unless we picked the whole piece up and bit it! A bit disappointed but will return to try the sushi which looked really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- depends on the waiterTJBSVIPDined on 1/8/2014Come here often. Our experience depends largely on what waiter we get. Had Justin this time and we did not enjoy his service. Took over 20 minutes to get our drinks because (as he said to us) "I just haven't bothered to go back and get them. Food came out wrong. ..He is just a mess and unprofessional.
- I Can Count On This Restaurant.EatDrinkandBeMerryDined on 1/2/2014I love that I can count on this restaurant for good food/service/atmosphere. I normally go to the Frankford @ North Dallas Tollway location, but I think I had an even better experience at the one in Las Colinas if that's even possible. Our server was outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious. I can never get enough of the Ahi Tower and I love that they carry so many of my favorite wines- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc being at the top of that list. I'm not quick to hand out 5 stars, but I felt that they are well-deserved. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve 2013SaintDined on 12/31/2013Our overall experience that night was good. We started off the evening having a drink and some appetizers at the bar. The bartender and the lady assistant were not the friendliest of people and didn't provide anything to our experience especially considering it was New Year's Eve. However, our waitress for dinner was extremely friendly and courteous. She definitely changed the mood of our night. The food was prepared quickly and was good. The tower could have been more favorable but the rolls we had were excellent. One thing that we really enjoyed was the peach sake.. Wow!! Some of the best we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in dallasBrandonDined on 12/27/2013The food is amazing, the staff friendly and the atmosphere is lively. We brought a 3 year old and an 11 month old with a group of adults and had no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.