The Blue Fish-Greenville Ave
3519 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
The Blue Fish-Greenville Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebluefishsushi.com/
- Phone: 2148243474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tian Lian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At The Blue Fish, our staff is committed to providing an experience with complete customer satisfaction. We offer a full line of catering and banquet services to help you with your event or gathering. We have organized our catering program to be able to service you in many ways. There are packages designed for pick-up as well as for delivery. We offer a full line of off-site catering services. From the delivery of products for your event, to the break down and clean-up, the Blue Fish is able to meet the specific needs of each event.
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment for special events and DJs on selected nights. Please call for scheduling inquires.
- Cross Street: Mc Commas Blvd.
- Public Transit: We are located 0.8 miles or a 16 minute walk from Mockingbird Station which is serviced by the DART rail network. Dart also offers a variety of bus stops throughout the neighborhood. Schedules and information can be found at dart.org
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer a self parking area that is located on the South side of the building. It is open to the public during daytime service hours. We offer complementary valet parking every evening starting at 4pm for our guests. The parking area is closed to the public during valet hours. Additional self parking areas are located on side streets in designated signed areas.
A word from The Blue Fish-Greenville Ave
The Blue Fish features the freshest premium selections of sushi and sashimi, along with spectacular signature rolls and hot food dishes. We also boast a variety of sake, beer, wine and spirit selections to complete the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Blue Fish-Greenville Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (14)special occasion (11)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Excellent - as usual!Foodie4lifeDined on 8/2/2014We went out for my husband's 39th bday. The food, service and cocktails were excellent. I've never had a bad experience. My husband received a surprise bday dessert from our server. It was a large amount so we were able to share. We truly had a great time!Special Features:
- Just one minor...RcF2Dined on 7/27/2014the only thing that distracted from an otherwise perfect evening was the service. Which apparently Sunday night was new server training night or some such.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Luv2dineDined on 7/19/2014I was there to celebrate my birthday last Saturday night and everything was great. There was hardly any wait time. The food and variety was amazing. The birthday desert was awesome too. I absolutely loved this place. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun and delicioussablattVIPDined on 7/19/2014I came with a group of four, and we had a wonderful time. I actually prefer coming with even more people because I get to try so many more of their dishes. It is noisy there, but not enough that we can't hear each other. Don't miss the tuna tower.Special Features:
- AmieLuvSushiDined on 7/18/2014Went for a girls night to catch up with someone I hadn't seen in about 10 years. We say outside, which was perfect for the temperature as well as noise level. Even though it's in Greenville & we had a honking motorist at one point, it was pleasant most of the night, easy to carry on conversation. Only went inside only on our way in and out, and found it to be much louder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi placeBestDallassushi2014Dined on 6/29/2014This was our first visit .We were seated immediately ...our waitress was very attentive to us spent time describing the dishes and gave us excellent suggestions The service was very good , the food was presented very appetizing and was very tasty . We enjoyed a very relaxed dinner with the family , overall a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food and good drinksexecproducerDined on 6/29/2014Blue Fish-Greenville was delicious. The sushi was fresh and very tasty. We made the mistake of sitting outside-it was still fairly early and it was warm and the traffic is close by. All in all though, it was a great meal. Will definitely go back next time in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SushiScuffy379Dined on 6/13/2014We drive from OKC to eat dinner at Blue Fish. The service is always the best and never had a roll there that we didn't like. Our favorite roll is the Rainforest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and Good FoodWKHicksDined on 5/21/2014This was my second time eating at Blue Fish and I was very pleased by the food, the bar and the ambience.
- Best sushi I've had!Walkers1VIPDined on 5/20/2014Best sushi I've had if everywhere I've been. Hands down! Amazing rolls, fresh, cold fish, tender, great grades of fish. Everything about it even the service is super! My favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off sushiPadthaiDined on 5/9/2014The sushi was terrible. They forgot our baked salmon roll. The fish didn't taste fresh. We usually enjoy Bluefish, but this experienced was simply not good.
- Blue Fish in a Hurry!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My wife and I stopped by the Blue Fish for supper before a concert at the Granada. We made a reservation ahead of time and were seated immediately. The service was very good and the sushi was pretty good as well. However, the noise level in the restaurant was extremely loud. We could barely hold a conversation it was so loud. I imagine the patio would be less noisy. Other than that, overall it was a good experience.
- Blue Fish on GreenvilleBenjamin2014Dined on 5/2/2014Went to BlueFish on Friday, before attending a concert downtown. The service was excellent, as always, and the server was polite and informative. BlueFish is always one of my favorite places to go. The Greenville Ave location is quite a bit more hectic then the other locations due to parking. Don't be on a time schedule.Special Features:
- Blue Fish Never DisappointsMrSpockDined on 5/1/2014Every person I've introduced to the "original" Blue Fish (on Lower Greenville Avenue) raves about the food; its freshness, presentation, taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional SushiJKP56Dined on 4/30/2014The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was simply amazing. Sushi is not my go-to dining-out food, but the sushi here is easily among the best I've had. The variety is very impressive and every roll we tried was delicious. Blue Fish is now my go-to place for Sushi.Special Features:
- Good but.....StikuponDined on 4/26/2014Have been to the Blue Fish in Houston and wanted to try the Dallas location. I was a bit surprised the place was very quiet at 9PM on a Friday night. I had expected a crowd but.....The food was terrific and because the place was fairly empty the service needless to say was excellent. Our server did a terrific job explaining the menu and any specials. Made a few recommendations that were spot on. If you're looking for good food and service this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 108 reviews are from the The Blue Fish-Greenville Ave reviews archive.
- Outstanding ServercenterofplateDined on 4/19/2014Our server was previously a corporate trainer for PF Chang. He was incredibly knowledgable, friendly, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Meet Friends!WKHicksDined on 4/18/2014I met some of my very special friends at Blue Fish and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent; the ambience was exceptional; and it was a perfect way to cap off a busy week. The food is still the best part of the experience. The valet parking was also very helpful because Lower Greenville is really congested. Using valet parking and tipping the attendants made the in and out parking experience there manageable.Special Features:
- M1972m1972Dined on 4/12/2014Food was good. Not the best sushi ever but a nice neighborhood restaurant. Server was very friendly and helpful. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJgold22Dined on 4/4/2014This place is always fun with a group and has great food!Special Features:
- Great food but needs better layoutPBDubbDined on 4/4/2014The sushi is fresh and amazing. Lots of great menu choices. My only complaint would be that it's very cramped. The waiting area is the bar, but there isn't enough room to sit or stand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiTmanDined on 3/28/2014Good sushi. A little bit expensive, but the menu selection was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Fish Birthday DinnerAmyCDined on 3/22/2014Blue Fish is where my husband always wants to go for his birthday. Great for a large group. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!Shell125Dined on 3/21/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night with great sushi and great service! Rainforest Roll was sooo good!Special Features:
- Awful.ShelbyDined on 2/28/2014I had eaten at Blue Fish once before with good results, so I decided to try it again with a group of girl friends this past weekend. My main complaints are food and service. For dinner, I described to the waiter what kind of roll I was looking for (it was hard to know what I was getting myself into without having prices listed on the menu) and she recommended one, but when it came it was the furtherest thing from what I had asked for and I couldn't even make it through one roll. It was so bad, I ordered just a basic California roll to eat something. Even that was well below par with the fake tasting crab "mix". Our waitress quickly took our order and delivered the food, but we wait two hours for the check and we had somewhere to get to.Special Features:
- Nice experienceMarshainTXVIPDined on 2/28/2014We went to Blue Fish last night for the first time since moving to this area about 9 months ago. This past week both my husband and I had a craving for sushi. We are spoiled. Having lived in Brooklyn for several years, we always had fresh sushi accessible and it was always pure perfection. Kiku Sushi is Park Slope was our go-to place. Now for Blue Fish...we had a reservation at 6:45 and were promptly seated. We opted for an outside seat and it turned out to be the best choice. I had the Firecracker Roll, think spicy tuna with more tuna on top. It was really yummy and fresh. My husband had the Mega Lobster and it was really good as well. We washed this all down with a couple of Asahi beers so a great evening. ISpecial Features:
- Over priced for the quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014We were seated promptly (we had a reservation), greeted by the staff quickly and drink order taken. The service was prompt and courteous. The nori wrap on our sushi was tough (a result of too short of a soaking in water), it was not an isolated roll, all of it was difficult to chew. The crab cakes were the best I have tried anywhere. If I were to go back, I would stick to a cooked item and pass on the sushi, they are too busy and are not able to properly prepare the elements.Special Features:
- Good sushi!SushiLoverDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time, but I'd definitely go back. The Ahi tuna tower was delish, and the portion sizes were great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Friendly, and great foodRubberyDined on 2/14/2014The Lobster rolls were delicious. I enjoyed the Jalapenos that were stuffed with gooey goodness. My girlfriend had the Tropical Salmon. She said it was love in every bite. When we got home she called everybody and raved about the food. I want to go back and taste the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ruined by poor seatingAndrewDined on 2/14/2014I made my reservation for 8 PM on Valentine's day 4 days in advance. I received a call asking us to be early as our table would be given away at 8:05 and the valet was very busy. We arrived at the hostess's counter at 7:52. The five hostesses on duty couldn't locate my reservation after speaking to me an hour earlier. After 5 minutes, they found the reservation and we were asked to sit at the bar. We were then seated under an air conditioning vent by the kitchen. I asked for a better table but was told the only other option was the sushi bar. at 8:04 a nicer table opened up, meaning if we hadn't followed the instrutions to arrive early we would've had a better experience. It's a shame because the waiter, food, and drinks were great.Special Features:
- MUST GoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was one of the best Sushi Bars I have been to.Special Features:
- Best Sushi Spot in East DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Try the stuffed jalapeños and the Firecracker roll, but everything on the menu is delicious! Made a reservation for Valentine's Day and there was no wait and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- great placejwnlvdayDined on 2/14/2014The food was great staff very helpful first time there will definitely be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable, Like an Old FriendMrSpockDined on 1/23/2014This place is awesome, and everyone I bring here for their first time is blown away by the food. Everything is always fresh and exquisitely prepared. The wait staff works as a team to assure the guests of a worry-free dining experience. I'm so very glad to see Blue Fish still vibrantly on the "foodie" scene and continuing to set new trends!Special Features:
- A-OKrencpharmdVIPDined on 1/23/2014It's been many years since I've been to the Blue Fish. The popcorn shrimp is fantastic as well as the kobe steak on the hot rocks. The volcano roll was disappointing due to all the creamy sauce (mayo ?), which was bland and just plain a little gross and overbearing. We went when it was ~34 degrees outside and were seated at a table near the hallway to the bathrooms and entrance from the parking lot on the side and so it was COLD!!!!! The happy hour drink special was $1 for a small serving of sake and $2 for a larger serving, which was nice. If I do go back I'd definitely avoid the volcano roll in favor of something else.Special Features:
- Great Time. Great Food!Signman7194Dined on 1/18/2014We went here for my wife's birthday. She loves sushi. Me not so much. She said the sushi was amazing. So was my Chicken Teriyaki. Lol. We both recommend the Tempura Bananas with Cinnamon Ice Cream! It's very busy and gets a little crowded but it's worth it. The staff there was amazing. They were out of several of our wine choices or I would have rated it perfect. The saki choices more than made up for it. Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Good ValuebubbleboyDined on 1/18/2014Best Sushi in Lower Greenville, Knox-Hendersom area. Very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2014Food outstanding! We ordered the wrong dish and there was no problem exchanging it. They did it so graciously . Sushi fresh and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would have to say thisFoodieDined on 1/14/2014We would have to say this is the best Japanese food we have ever had! The service was excellent and the presentation of the food was incredible. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014A lot better options in dallas in same price range.