The Blue Fish - Allen
940 Garden Park Dr
Allen, TX 75013Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
The Blue Fish - Allen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebluefishsushi.com/
- Phone: 9729083433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm -4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tian Lin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering menu with an event planner.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on the weekends, and DJ.
A word from The Blue Fish - Allen
The Blue Fish features the freshest premium selections of sushi and sashimi, along with spectacular signature rolls and hot food dishes. We also boast a variety of sake, beer, wine and spirit selections to complete the dining experienceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Blue Fish - Allen reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Blue Fish - is the place for sushi!CaseyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Blue Fish has a great vibe and good selection of sushi and also non-sushi for options. I recommend this stop and have been here at least four times. ConsumerMarineSupply.comSpecial Features:
- Best sushi in DFWJockeysDined on 8/10/2014Best sushi I've gotten anywhere non coastal. All the traditional stuff is there but where BlueFish shines are the neofusion creations they consistently dream up and deliver. $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Japanese with Texas twistClaudeVIPDined on 5/6/2014The menu at Blue Fish includes several dishes with a bit of Texas flair, such as jalapeños among the ingredients. The "tuna tower" is a nice appetizer, large enough to split between two people, which is good given that it is a little pricey at $15. There is a great variety of rolls, sashimi by the piece (no sampler plate, which they may consider too common but is often helpful), tempura, grilled/cooked items, and even desserts. There is a good list of cold sakes in various sizes. Our server was attentive, capable, and funny. We were lucky that it was one of those rare bearable May evenings, not too hot, so we could be outside, where the atmosphere was very pleasant and it was quieter than inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencecajunintexasDined on 1/28/2014Celebrated wife's 50th birthday. The service was impeccable. We will definitely be asking for Jaren from now on. The sushi, as always, seemed extremely fresh and very tasty. Were a bit disappointed that they had almost no bottled reds available for purchase and ended up having to settle for what they had, but it didn't affect our enjoyment. We will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsKs1234Dined on 1/4/2014My friends brought me to try blue fish for my first time on Saturday, January the 5th and had the most amazing sushi! With a party of five, we were seated instantly when we walked in and had great service. Magician was a nice touch to our dining as well. I'll be back indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being New Year's Eve, it wasDiegoDined on 12/31/2013Being New Year's Eve, it was very busy, of course. However, the service and food were spectacular. We had a table of 10 with ages ranging from young to mature...we were all happy! Love this place and will return. We also appreciate that no matter where we sit in the restaurant we still have a wonderful view to the pretty outdoors.Special Features:
- Great 1st ExperienceJustLovesGoodSushiDined on 12/23/2013This was my first time at Blue Fish and was very impressed. Service was attentive and friendly. Food was exceptional. The fish was very fresh and flavorful. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?ZZZZDined on 10/18/2013We arrived and had to wait about 5 minutes before being seated. Once seated we had to wait 15 minutes before anyone came around to ask about drinks. The drink had still not arrived about 10 to 15 minutes later so we decided to go to another restaurant. They were not over crowded this Friday evening. So over all it was not a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice stop in Allen area....CaseyVIPDined on 10/15/2013the sushi rolls were great as well as the happy hour Casey ConsumerMarineSupplySpecial Features:
- Great sushi but our serverChefAk11Dined on 10/12/2013Great sushi but our server was always leaving the table before we were done ordering. I will go back but sit at the bar only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very busy good local sushi slow serBiotechVIPDined on 7/17/2013I was impressed with the quality of sushi for a Dallas area restaurant. The service felt very impatient and rushed, yet the service was slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013We moved from CA and are sushi snobs! We don't judge quality off rolls, we prefer to critique sashimi and raw sushi. I am 7 mos pregnant so I had to stick to the basics but I saw several food towers walk by and my husband was in a happy place with everything he ordered! We noticed a lot of children including little ones in high chair... Overall it's not a get fancy, fine dining place. Rather a happy energetic casual experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service at Blue Fish AllenMossTXVIPDined on 7/1/2013We dine at the Blue Fish Allen frequently but the last time we went the service was awful. We waited over an hour after our appetizer for the main course and that was only after we complained. They did compensate us but need to be aware of their customers sitting on the patio. We recommend sitting inside for better service. As always though, the food was superb.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013Great atmosphere, great food, and attentive service.Special Features:
- Awesome sushiNU31Dined on 5/17/2013The Blue Fish is an awesome Sushi restaurant. Indoor and outdoor dining with a great view and great service. Everyone should try The Blue Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free Sushi...yumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We had a great mother's day lunch. We love sushi, but mum is gluten free, so we have to avoid soy sauce. The server got all of the sauces on the side and we were able to all enjoy the sushi. The little ones got these great bento boxes. A little pricey, but tons of food and really neat presentation. We will be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- I would definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013I would definitely return and will recommend this to my friends. Our immediate family got together for our first encounter of this restaurant for Mother's Day. The food was brilliantly prepared from the appetizers to the entrees with an array of different spices and sauces. The main course entrees came with unique, but extremely tasty sides, such as fried mashed potatoes that not only tasted delightful, but were extremely well plated and aesthetically pleasing to look at. The only noted negative item was the table was slightly cramped for a party of 9, but manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding! WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Service was outstanding! Waitress was excellent with great knowledge of sushi and a very outgoing personality! The sushi was some of the best if not the best I have ever had. It was a memorable birthday lunch and I would highly recommend this restaraunt to both Sushi lovers and even non-sushi lovers due to their expansive menu!Special Features:
- The restaurant called beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2013The restaurant called before we arrived to ensure we were still planning on coming. Once we got there, they were quick to seat us. Waitress was friendly, attentive but not overbearing. Good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great quality food. Fast serviceJasonEklundVIPDined on 1/30/2013Great quality food. Fast service and fast drink refills. This place is wonderful.Special Features:
- Always have enjoyed Blue FishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Always have enjoyed Blue Fish ad this time was no exception. Cajun Roll was a standout and the Ahi Tower was just amazing.Special Features:
- I wish I knew our waitressesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2012I wish I knew our waitresses name, as she was super awesome and made great recommendations for us. For how busy they were (new years eve), service was outstanding and quick.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the gingerslreedVIPDined on 12/22/2012Really enjoyed the ginger salad dressing and the pecans were a nice touch. Loved the summer rolls. Banzai rolls just ok.
- Sushi was good but pricey.Mdf1225VIPDined on 12/5/2012Sushi was good but pricey. Service was mediocre, once food arrived our server never resurfaced. We had to request the check from a passing manager.
- great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2012Went here for my wife's birthday. We were seated right away, and attended to promptly. Our server made apt suggestions and even saved us some money by suggesting the house saki and assuring us that our portions were adequate when we were ready to add more to our order. At the end of the meal, she left our check and did not rush us in the least. After dinner, we sat and talked, and the server never bothered us, and they kept our water filled. Very nice experience. Oh, and the sushi is some of the best quality in the metroplex.Special Features:
- The kids loved it.BruceTexasVIPDined on 10/28/2012Disappointed with the fact they did not have Hibachi, yet they came through with excellent meals choices for all. The kids want to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2012Excellent dining experience. Service a little slow but not an issue. Definitely, recommend.Special Features:
- Sat on the patio for a firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Sat on the patio for a first date and it was just perfect. Great sushi. Have the ahi tower if no one has ever suggested this to you before. The staf is always great. I've eaten at three of the Blue Fish restaurants in the DFW area, and have always had the same wonderful experience.Special Features:
- This is my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2012This is my favorite place for family, friends and customers
- Good Sushi for a FixBlakReignDined on 9/27/2012I love good sushi and sake! This place is a good place to get a quick fix. I had reservations but the restaurant wasn't packed so we decided instead to hit the bar as if seemed 'lively'! We thoroughly enjoyed trying things because of the happy hour discounted menu. They also had a great special for Sake. I liked the atmosphere. The bartender was a bit preoccupied and it took me over 5 minutes to get her attention every time I ordered...... but I was very patient THAT day. Great neighborhood find and price conscious, but I've had much better sushi....but i was only getting a quick fix so it served it's purpose.Special Features:
- I love sushi and the restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012I love sushi and the restaurants I've been going to in Chicago, I would say the sushi is just average, but at the Blue Fish, the sushi was fantastic. I visit Allen on my business trips about every quarter and I always make a point in stopping by for my favorite sushi.Special Features:
- Food was great..................waiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Food was great..................waiter did a very good job....will be backSpecial Features:
- Great service, excellent sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Great service, excellent sushi. Was very fast about getting out food and drinks on an extremely busy friday night.Special Features:
- This is my 3rd time at BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012This is my 3rd time at Blue Fish and my 3rd great experience! Staff is friendly and the food is great!Special Features:
- Will certainly return!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Visited this restaurant for the first time Saturday night. We were very pleased with the food, drinks and atmosphere. We did expect it to be more of an adult crowd but that was definitely not the case. Restaurant was teeming with kids and large family groups. We still had a pleasant time but would not go here for a romantic night out. The service was the most disappointing thing.Special Features:
- late night sushi and drinksgoodasusualDined on 8/3/2012Good service, great food! Nice little restaurant for groups looking for late night sushi and drinks.Special Features:
- A great first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012We were down for our 9th Anniversary. We loved the spectacular food, both in service and presentation. We do plan to come back again and again, expecting to savor a great atmosphere, the decadence of great food options, and a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Good food, loud musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012My family went to Blue Fish for a celebration. The food and plating was excellent. However, the plates they served it on were way too large for the table. We were shuffling plates, drinks, etc. all evening. While the place is popular, the music (techno style) was way too loud; it was hard to carry on a conversation. I would recommend if you go to enjoy your company, eat outside on their patio.Special Features:
- Good was excellent thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2012Good was excellent though dinner was served too soon after appetizers; we were still enjoying appetizers when dinner came. Drinks are creative, fun and appropriately strong. Food appearance is lovely as always. Will definitely return.Special Features: