The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar
6115 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theblucrab.com/
- Phone: 8177638585
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar
Here at The Blu Crab, we strive to offer the unique tastes of fresh seafood and quality steaks providing for an unforgettable dining experience. We specialize in the freshest seafood’s and carry a full menu to suit your individual tastes. Traditional delicacies such as fresh Salmon, Mahi and Sea Bass flown in daily can be found here along with exceptional culinary creations of our own design. We also serve the original “Nawlins “ seafood boil which includes live crawfish, gulf shrimp, snow crab, king crab, blue crab and Maine lobster tails all at your fingertips. Don’t forget our three full service bars in our dining area, lounge and spacious covered patio where our professional bartenders have a passion to serve. Come experience the essence of the sea fused in a refreshingly modern aesthetic. We look forward to serving you !!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- First time, we loved the food.NickDined on 9/12/2014Outstanding food, only complaint is our waitress pushed dessert SO hard that it became incredibly annoying. When we were welcomed and every time we got a refill she would push it. Then when we asked for the bill she basically said no you have to order dessert. I was really uncomfortable, we were stuffed and said many times we would pass. We had a nice seafood fondue and 2 huge entrees. It tasted like seafood I've had in Hawaii or Florida, amazingly fresh and well prepared. I'd recommend this place and go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surprise!ChinaDollDadDined on 9/12/2014Having never been to The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar, we didn't know what to expect. Loved the food. Loved the service. Loved the atmosphere. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Spot To ChillHOTSPOTDined on 9/6/2014The food was awesome great atmosphere they should advertise more this should be one of the hottest hangouts in Fort WorthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but Friendly2foodiesDined on 8/29/2014It was a nice place for seafood. The food was excellent. The seating seemed small. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blue crab bluesroudyDined on 8/25/2014Good service, fast, food is OK. Really dry tortillas, not much crab on quesadillas. If I were paying full price I would not consider it a great value. Key lime pie had strange texture, not so good.Special Features:
- CRABS!! Oh my!!GZChefDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed the food greatly the menu was outstanding and the service was great. I am a private chef and I was thoroughly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Outstanding service and food was way above delicious . Will be going back soon !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more...mfjoshuaDined on 8/10/2014For a restaurant above the mid-point on the price chain, the service and atmosphere were disappointing. The food was good but not good enough to make up for the service and ambiance shortcomings it would take to justify the pricing. The waitress was attentive enough but appeared disinterested and "going through the motions" even though it was virtually empty inside. It was quiet and clean but I'm not sure how I would classify the venue since nothing really stood out.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceTroutlilyDined on 8/5/2014We were first-time visitors to Blu Crab. It was recommended by a neighbor and it seems to be a neighborhood favorite as the hostess recognized most of the people who entered. We ordered sea bass and baked warm-water lobster. The sea bass got rave reviews; the lobster was a bit overdone and rubbery but with good flavor. All of the side dishes were delicious and the dessert portions were large and tasty. We were fans on the half-price wine selections for that evening and got a great bottle of Chardonnay at a very reasonable cost. Really excellent, friendly service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/4/2014Service was good ceviche wasn't bad. Special was extremely spicy never told this when describing dish to me.Special Features:
- fwalkerfefeDined on 7/26/2014Food and service was excellent and drinks was great. Waitress was new so we excused that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Hidden SurpriseSeriousFoodie42Dined on 7/21/2014I feel like TX doesn't have enough seafood restaurants so I am happy we found this place. The grilled salmon was excellent as well as the sea bass. The calamari appetizer was beautifully prepared and not rubbery. The vanilla mousse cheesecake I could have passed on. Wasn't worth the calories.Special Features:
- good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014If you're wanting a good seafood place and like Cajun, this is a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service. Noisy.MadrobDined on 7/11/2014The food and service were good; but the ambience did not measure up to the prices. Based upon the menu and prices; we reserved a table for our anniversary. There were no seats in the noisy main part of the restaurant. We ended up having to sit at a bar table in the back where it was quieter, but uncomfortable and not the least bit romantic. While the prices would lead you to believe that this may be a good restaurant for special dinners; it is not. It is an everyday restaurant with good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Have been disappointed with Pappadeaux's lately. This is an EXCELLENT replacement. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fav New Placejwill626Dined on 6/28/2014It was a great atmosphere and great food. I'm a big seafood lover and this is the best in the DFW area!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night at The Blu CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We had made on online reservation at 7:00pm and arrived at 6:50pm. We were quickly seated in a booth. The room is open like many strip center restaurants or cafes with a bar down one wall. It's not a pretentious restaurant at all but the pricing seems to be just a tad. The wait person was prompt, friendly with a huge smile to make you feel welcomed. We ordered the crab claws as an appetizer and they were delicious. I had the grilled seafood medley with two sides which are not included. My wife had the fried oysters which were about as good as you can get anywhere. If they were not so unhealthy I’d have eaten two dozen. Over all it was not a bad evening and we will return again.Special Features:
- Great place !!!Great1Dined on 6/15/2014The best place to eat in Fort Worth , Texas !!! The food was soooo wonderful !!! I have been all over the world when I was in the US Army. This food was one of the best places I have ever been to. I will be going again and telling all my friends. The whole experience was simply fabulous !!! Thank you for a great experience !!!! LOVED IT SOOO MUCH !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKjbmjbDined on 6/4/2014The service and the quality of the food makes this a great date place. They have a broad menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Recently, we moved to the area and we're very happy to find blue crab. It had some of the best seafood Web have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyBDined on 5/30/2014The overall experience was excellent. I truly enjoyed the ambience as well as the food. Great place for seafood.Special Features:
- Hidden GemcelebrateverydayDined on 5/27/2014We try to avoid chains so picked this place out for the 28th wedding anniversary dinner & it was hit! Started with jumbo shrimp cocktail (8 large shrimp total--yum)! Followed that with soft taco & salad only to find out that the salads are HUGE & very tasty--did not want to leave a bite. Tacos were good/messy, presented very nicely. You would think after all of that, we'd be stuffed (oh yeah, and did I mention Lagunitas on tap? Or smooth frozen margaritas?) Well, no, we had to go ahead and order the bread pudding for dessert, reassuring ourselves that we'd only have a bite & take the rest home...famous last words. We devoured it all...all very tasty; wonderful hostess & waitress. Tastefully decorated. We'll be back!Special Features:
- I would come again.bluecrabredoakDined on 5/23/2014I was recommended this restaurant buy a older gentleman at the Rangers game. I came from red oak Texas to try this place out. I love the atmosphere the food was straight alcoholic drinks were good. I would indeed come again and or recommend friends and family. I also put it on my social networkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended-dissappointingrubbermanDined on 5/23/2014The service was less than attentive. Noise level was extremely loud; concrete floors and no baffling of any sort. The food was ok, not exceptional as we had been led to believe. Overall, it was a disappointing experience. We may give it one more try, but not for awhile.
- The following 30 reviews are from the The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar reviews archive.
- First timeDemiDined on 5/11/2014Nice experience, will definitely go back. Great good and drinks. Seems like a good spot for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We were very pleased with the food...it was excellent. unfortunately our waitress was also the bar tender. Since she was doing double duty she was unable to provide much service. had to go up to the bar to get a glass of wine. we don't blame her but the management for not having enough servers. dining out should not only include excellent food but also excellent service. hope management gets this review and improve on the service aspect. food would be hard to improve on!!Special Features:
- D-lish!!!MollyxoxoDined on 5/10/2014My favorite restaurant in the area!! We eat there at least once a month. I've tried every chef creation and they are all super yummy!! My most fav is when they have prawn and grits on the specials menu. MmmmmmmmmmmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blu Crab Seafoodladyvj01Dined on 5/10/2014First time here and I wasn't disappointed. I made reservations via open table from the website link. Surprising not crowded on a Saturday night, before Mother's Day. Service was friendly and attentive from our waitress, Melissa. Food / Drink was spot on! Overall, a very good experience and I would go back and or refer a friend or two or three about the location.Special Features:
- great server and good wingsgr8chefwalkerDined on 5/9/2014We had a great server that kinda made up for a coupke of rough spots along the way. The guy that delivered our food was so rude it was unbelievable. My fondue had HUGE chunks of red onion that killed the flavor of anything else in the dish. My shrimp werent fully cooked. My moms food came out cold and had to be sent back. Overall besides the food I would probably go back just because of the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a place to return toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2014The ambience is poor for seafood place and the service is mediocre, food is nothing to write home about. I hate to say I would not return
- Great PatioDFWFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I had dinner here and sat out on the patio. The restaurant has a very cool layout and a lot of seafood choices on the menu. We had the seafood fondue as an appetizer and it was delicious! For dinner we had some of the tacos and they were okay but I probably wouldn't order them again. Overall food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Seafood and ServiceNFTWSeafoodLoverDined on 5/2/2014The Seafood was phenomenal, the service fantastic. Our order was presented in Michelin style format, the presentation was fantastic, the portions perfect. All at an affordable cost! We will definitely be back on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodDotmarkVIPDined on 4/28/2014The restaurant was empty. Service slow. Oysters undercooked. Shrimp over fried. Smoking on patio and with the doors open made the bad experience even worse with the cigarette smoke wafting in through the restaurant.
- kivaDined on 4/26/2014Awesome food great service food was so good we ordered a to go dinner the next daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014We took another couple and all had a different entre. No one enjoyed their meal but me. over-priced, average food and we were rushed through the meal.
- JestermedicDined on 4/25/2014Awesome for our date night, Amber was an awesome waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014Food was great, server was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I are regularsgueroDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I are regulars here and have found the service and food consistently good.The calamari we agree is the best we've had.i tried the seafood platter last visit and although good,not as delicious as my regular fried oyster po'boy.Wife had the mahi mahi burger and she really enjoyed it.We are regulars here and will continue coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great lunch ruined by managerMPB1VIPDined on 3/28/2014Went for lunch with an old friend. Server and bartender were great. Food was excellent. Vibe was good. Had a slight problem with manager who doesn't know how to treat a customer who spends $200 for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not overly impresseddjkdDined on 3/22/2014unfortunately we just didn't find the blue crab overly thrilling. not a big fan of joe's crab shack but my wife, kids and I all agreed we'd have gone there first.I would recommend this to a friend.