The Blind Rabbit - Riverside
901 King St
Jacksonville, FL 32204Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Blind Rabbit - Riverside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theblindfig.com/
- Phone: 9043370146x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm,
Sun: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Creole
- Executive Chef: Jeff Stanford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout
A word from The Blind Rabbit - Riverside
The Blind Rabbit is a southern gastropub offering an eclectic ambiance in a polished casual setting with great food and a big city bar promoting the best local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Blind Rabbit - Riverside - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
The Blind Rabbit - Riverside reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (14)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food and Service: GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014First time I had ever been to this and I loved it. The online reservation process was extremely easy, even though it was not necessary for us party of three. The place was half-full.Special Features:
- Great food, worst service.HanwebbDined on 10/4/2014We first sat for easily 15 minutes before anyone came to our table for drink orders. Actually, we had to ask a passing server if we would be waited on soon and he had to ask the hostess. So we finally got orders in for drinks and apps, took easily 20 minutes for 3 glasses of wine and one luke warm beer, in a can. We had those drinks for an hour because that's how long it took to get anything else. Finally got our burgers and wings after total wait time of hour and a half. Server actually bought us dessert because he felt bad. That also, took forever. Our server was very polite and nice, but maybe shouldn't be a server? We spent two and a half hours there and enjoyed the food, but really will never be back due to awful service.Special Features:
- Bad EndingGracie1613VIPDined on 10/3/2014All was good until one of the hostess interupted me and my husband to ask us to move to another table so that they could accommodate a party that had increased! The fact is we were finishing our wine getting ready to leave probably within a few minutes. I have NEVER experienced such an unprofessional request in a restaurant like this before. What ever happened to letting your customer enjoy their evening without STUPID request from the establishment! Will not be going back. We did support this restaurant many times and won't in the future.
- First time since the menu changeNotmeVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our first time since the menu had changed from the Blind Fig and we were more than pleasantly surprised by the food. The atmosphere is the same but the food is more casual with a few of the old stalwarts (the blue cheese chips!). The old version suffered a bit of an identity crisis, not quite fine dining and not quite casual fare. The results could be hit or miss on any night and between entrees. With the menu now much more firmly in the casual dining environment, it was really good. My wife had the carnitas special and it was very flavorful, with good heat. I had the southern burger and it was unusual in a good way. The drinks were outstanding and our service was attentive without being overbearing. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Slow serviceWaiting2VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our server was very slow getting our drinks and coming back to tell husband they were out of the beer he ordered. Food service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad you're open!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We had a double date night (rare for parents of younger children) and had a lovely evening. The cocktails were spot on, and the menu was diverse and appealed to us all. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dishes, keep up the good work!Special Features:
- I miss Blind FigTritonDined on 8/18/2014I understand branding, but really wish they had kept the Blind Fig and not changed to the Blind Rabbit. Yes the burgers are good, but I don't know that I will go to Blind Rabbit the way I did for Blind Fig - to celebrate special occasions. Food and service were fine, but liked old menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would like full disclosure on menuCouldbebetterDined on 8/18/2014Had fries with burger and wished the words "spicy ketchup" would have been with the french fries under "sides." Who would think to look at "sauces" for a description of the ketchup?? I'm very careful to tell the server that I don't want spicy or garlic. Something as simple as ketchup almost ruined the whole experience. The spice took my breath away. Also, nothing was said about the Poutine being spicy. Why? Why not tell people? That dish is not routinely spicy. Regarding service, it took us about 10 min. after we were seated to have a server approach us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It was our second time at Blind Fig. Loved it so much the first time, however our second visit not as great. Good appetizers but we all thought our entrees were way too spicey, it was overbearing and I couldn't finish my dinner. I really like to taste the food that I'm eating. I ordered a glass of wine that never came. The waitress kept coming by the table and apologizing that it was taking so long (blaming the bartenders), but after about 15 minutes everyone at my table had finished their drinks so I just cancelled my glass of wine. We will go again, hopefully our experience will be more like our first visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why so much salt?FreshLocalDined on 7/24/2014This was my third trip to the Blind Fig, each with a different group of friends. I have always held hope that it's interesting menu would finally hit stride and deliver on it's promises. But, it never has. My first trip the food was WAY too greasy, the second trip was bland, and this last trip, my final trip, saw everyone complaining about the excessive saltiness if every dish. The fried green tomatoes and blue cheese chips remaining great choices, but I suggest you stay away from everything else.
- horrible experienceccr33Dined on 7/12/2014The service and cook times were horrible. It took 45 minutes to get our first round of drinks. There were a couple of mixups and delays with the food. The manager on duty did comp some items, but she did not do a good job of keeping us informed of what was going on and making sure we were taken care of. We were there for a birthday celebration, but were not even offered to see a dessert menu. I don't think I have ever had that bad of a dining experience. I would never recommend it.Special Features:
- Terrible service and foodHereinjaxDined on 7/12/2014It took over a half hour to receive our drink orders. One person's entree came out 45 minutes before the others. When the rest of us received our entrees they were not correct. The ones that were correct were cold. We specifically went to this establishment because of the good reviews, friends were visiting from out of town and wanted to go to a unique place to eat. Unfortunately it did not impress. Oddly enough, it wasn't even extremely busy. We will definitely not return here . We will not recommend that anyone dine at The Blind Fig.
- Great place, service slowJamieDined on 7/12/2014The atmosphere is great, food very good, service staff nice, but the ability to get drinks, even first, and subsequent was more than slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful placevtorresDined on 7/10/2014When you first walk in it is a beautiful restaurant, modern, clean, then comes the food we got an assortment of things between about 10 people, every thing was yum! The fried green tomatoes were great, fried chicken was tasty and huge portion. The only thing I was a little disappointed was with the shrimp and grits only got a few shrimp( maybe 4), and just the flavor i wasn't crazy about. But every thing else was great, service good also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch dateCaseyDined on 7/9/2014I went to Blind Fig on a lunch date with my wife, and it was very nice. We have been before for dinner, and it is equally as good then. The food was very good, the service was excellent, and we will definitely return again.Special Features:
- yUMMY!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014Chop was awesome, potato chips, grouper cheeks are a must!Special Features:
- Great Modern Southern FoodbornflippyDined on 7/5/2014Had a really great meal at The Blind Fig -- everything we had was top notch, from the fried green tomato starter to the unique cochon de lait main (and the desserts were fantastic too, especially the skillet bread pudding). I was also quite happy with the selection of Florida-based beers on tap. Service was fine, but was a little slow/inattentive at times.Special Features:
- Food good - servings smalleatout7VIPDined on 7/5/2014Decent food but skimpy servings for the price and took a while to get food considering there were so few customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blind Fig is solid!ILGGLMDined on 7/3/2014Everything across the board was darn good. Great ambience, service, specialty drinks, appetizers and food in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I were able to have drinks, an appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert for $50 here on a Sunday night! The Gorgonzola Chips are delicious and they don't skimp on the cheese sauce at all. I ordered the sage brown butter gnocchi with gator sausage, kale and mushrooms which was tasty, and pillowy, and delightful, but not the best thing I ever ate. My husband chose the bison sliders and was satisfied with them even though you only get two small sliders with a large side of fries. Our ice cream sandwich dessert consisted of lavender shortbread cookies with fresh peach ice cream. I think we could probably just get an appetizer and dessert next time and be totally satisfied. I'll be back again for these alone!Special Features:
- Solid Joint for DinnerTonyKVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great food and service. It was my first visit here and certainly worth a return visit the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blind FigHemingwaysVIPDined on 6/23/2014Poor service. Explanation of specials did not match what was served. Did not like meals ordered.Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the The Blind Rabbit - Riverside reviews archive.
- Great 1st Time Experience!JbfoodieDined on 6/21/2014Food, service and drinks were amazing! We had apps, entrees and dessert and all were 5 stars. My husband and I haven't had a great all around dinning experience like that in a long time. Great job Blind Fig!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperienceEmillsDined on 6/20/2014Overall the dining experience was good. Some of the dishes were really great and others could have been better, but were still good. I would highly recommend the fried green tomatoes appetizer. The service was okay. The food came out fast, but the server could have been a little more attentive. The atmosphere was nice with a variety of table options to suit everyone's needs. Parking at this restaurant is difficult on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day at the FigJessDined on 6/15/2014I've been to The Blind Fig a lot, but my parents hadn't been and they've been wanting to try. Father's Day was the perfect day. We had my nephews with us and though the menu isn't exactly kid friendly (which we knew ahead of time, but we were going to make it work), our server Kelly made awesome suggestions to accommodate two five year old palates. Kelly was amazing and the food was so damn good. My dad usually says "It was alright" everywhere we go, but rarely does he say he'd willingly come back to a place. He's a guy that eats canned corned beef hash, but he can always taste the value in well prepared food made with the great ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not fantasticOutandAboutDined on 6/15/2014I had checked out the brunch menu online, and it showed fish tacos, which I planned on getting. When we arrived, the tacos were not on the menu. I ended up ordering the french toast with a side of bacon. The french toast was decent, and the bacon was good; however, I received two slices of bacon for $4.00. I guess because they brought the bacon in a cup, they charged a higher price than other places. It would seem that they could give you three slices. Overall, the breakfast was okay, but I guess I was expecting better than okay. It could have been what I ordered or the lunch or dinner items might be better, but I would not be in a rush to go back.
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Go to the Blind Fig! This place was amazing everything was awesome! Creative menu, good drinks, very neat place. Also good bars like the Garage and Rogue right nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceFox0218VIPDined on 5/31/2014I have been overly satisfied during my other visits but this experience was very displeasing. Waiter took his time, the crab empanadas I ordered were unavailable after orders were placed and the desert was missing the filling. I love this restaurant, but this night was horrible and embarrassing since I took someone new to experience what I would normally consider a great restaurant. It might be a while before I give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as Last TimeJaxDinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was still good, but it feels like they missed a step from past visits.
- Nice evening for fourJohnnybgoodDined on 5/30/2014Although I'm an older customer (63) I found the experience refreshing and mildly exciting. The service was excellent and the food was very good. All four of us came away very satisfied withe the experience. There is NO place like this in Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Great Riverside dining!Foodie76VIPDined on 5/27/2014Our meals were excellent, fresh and served hot, and our server was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice burgersplotniDined on 5/25/2014amazing burgers and ambience, I will definitely go back for burgers and more. loved it though it is kind of difficult to get thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food, horrible service, timingappreciategoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014Cold appetizers followed (immediately) by cold entrées. One of our diners was given her meal to hold since there was no room on the table to put it down. No cutlery and forget about getting lemons for water. When the manager was given the opportunity to make it right, he brought everything back and had it all micro-waved. Not really looking for anything for free but at this point even dessert or a drink would have showed a caring response. This is an expensive restaurant and this type of service isn't even tolerated at fast food chains. Will never go back and will share this bad experience with many friends. I so look forward to going out to dinner after a long work week. This was a big disappointment.Special Features:
- Good but not RemarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014We started with cocktails, which were hit or miss. The eponymous Fig Manhattan is quite good, but the other three we tried were either poorly balanced, too boozy, or presented wrong (on rocks when should have been up). The starters were not as billed on the menu -- "heirloom tomatoes" came out as cherry tomatoes, gorgonzola was ordinary blue cheese. The mains were generously sized and tasty, but not show-stopping. The building is beautiful, but some of the attention lavished on the decor should have gone to training a more consistent waitstaff. Menu seems to reach too hard to stay on theme. Nothing that Black Sheep and Orsay don't do for the same price, and do better.
- Close, but yet so farFreshLocalDined on 5/23/2014The Blind Fig has a very interesting menu, a funky ambience and a very nice cocktail list with some unexpected ingredients. Unfortunately, the execution of the menu leaves much to be desired. The pork belly and oyster sandwich, two of my favorites, is exceptionally greasy. I thought it was an off night, so I ordered it the second time I went. It was even greasier. Everything is just not quite there. It tries hard to be a foodie establishment, but can't make it last the written menu.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014The only thing missing is a deeper wine list. Great space, great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch MenuAlybpDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful brunch...... Loved the bottomless mimosas :)Special Features:
- WOW!CassieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the Riverside area and found The Blind Fig.....what a treat! Our server, Griffin, was top notch and the food was excellent! We will definitly be returning!Special Features:
- Flavor experience to rememberJaxfoodieDined on 5/8/2014I'd waited to try this due to mixed reviews, which has again proven I shouldn't listen to anyone. I also make a habit of asking wait staff what their favorites are and this strategy worked wonders in this case. Blue crab Mac n cheese, shrimp and crawfish cakes on a bed of arugula with a scrumptious sauce, and lastly the mouth-watering fried green tomatoes with goat cheese crumbles - all to die for. My skinny friend and I polished off almost all of it! I will most definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperiencePingVIPDined on 4/27/2014Our theater party was pleasantly surprised by this Sunday brunch après theater venue. Everything about it was great. The decor was innovative and modern. Food was really creative and delicious. The wait service was great but it was a slow day so we will have to come back when it is busy to get a better idea. But we will be back! Overall, extremely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.