The Blind Rabbit - Jax Beach
311 North 3rd Street
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Blind Rabbit - Jax Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theblindrabbitwhiskeybar.com/
- Phone: 904-595-5915x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily hours: 11:30am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Blind Rabbit - Jax Beach
The Blind Rabbit - A Burger & Whiskey Bar is a full service restaurant that does handcrafted burgers and whiskey cocktails. Locally sourced ingredients, quality, craft cocktails, craft beer, artisan burgers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Blind Rabbit - Jax Beach - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
The Blind Rabbit - Jax Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (23)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great Food, but noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food and service were top notch! The only thing to change is the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentmdinflVIPDined on 9/13/2014Its our go to restaurant in Jax Beach. It continues to be too loud. The burgers are excellent esp the new New Orleans burger. Unfortunately at our last visit both our burger and pork chop were overdone (medium to well) despite a request for medium rare. Told server but did not send back as we didn't want to wait. Great chocolate shake. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GretaLynVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very loud, booths are uncomfortable but the food is outstanding! Will be back again soon... It's just that good. The mahi Vera Cruz special was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blind Rabbit Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Went with neighbors who are casual people, who wanted "whiskey" and I wanted "burger"... The food is excellent with gourmet twists on the burgers and home made potato chips drizzled with balsamic vinegar and coated with crumbly cheese...yum! The best fried green tomatoes ever! Had flight(s) of whiskey and beer with choices explained thoroughly by our well-informed and accommodating waitress. Extensive liquor and beer choices! Upscale casual, interesting environment, fun... maybe a touch loud, but you don't go there for romance! Great food, good drinks, great memorable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!gieserDined on 8/29/2014We were just looking for someplace new to try with friends in town. Stumbled across the Blind Rabbit. We got there about 6:30 but the place really becomes a draw around 7:00. They've got great food - traditional burgers but some with a real twist like the Southern burger or the Holick burger. Their other dishes are pretty cool, too - the southern Cuban sandwich is great and the bourbon pork chop is ridiculously good. Great hangout for a drink and some appetizers (try the gorgonzola chips and fried green tomatoes). It is pretty loud in there but it's to be expected since the bar area was pretty much packed. Other than that, we couldn't find anything that we didn't like. We will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRonODined on 8/24/2014We had an awesome experiance at The Blind Rabbit. Food was great, service very good, noise level bordered on excessive. Will definetly come again but probably for a lunch get together rather than dinner.Special Features:
- Best Burgers in town!PonteVedraFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Blind Rabbit is one of our favorite places for casual dining. I think they have the best burgers in the area. We enjoy the Bourbon flights a lot and love the industrial feel. It can get quite loud at night, more low-key for lunch. We prefer sitting in the bar, way more fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noiseylwolfsonVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was fine but the ambience was terrible. Uncomfortable booths and chairs. Tv's blaring loud sports programing. There is no need for the tv's to be so loud. Acoustics is so bad we were party to everyone else's conversation and had to yell at each other across the table to be heard.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2014Cool theme - whiskey bar and burgers (great gourmet burgers). Kid friendly also. Kind of loud inside (sports bar-like) but not unbearably loud. And burgers were excellent - try the Southern - fried green tomato & pimiento cheese on burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food!!!JenneeneeDined on 7/25/2014Amazing food at blind rabbit! It gets a little loud but the food makes it worth it. Really great craft drinks and did I say amazing food?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger SpecialityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014We would recommend The Blind Rabbit for their burgers and roots (sweet potatos, fries, tobacco onions). All good. The noise level is one of the higher ones in Jax. Be prepared to shout across the table.
- Nice Surprise in Jax BeachMissSuzDined on 7/12/2014The Blind Rabbit is a fun an exciting restaurant for those with a curious palate. Very interesting menu options and delicious burgers. Going back again next week. Be sure to order the chips appetizer with the cheese and balsamic. Yummy! My four is not a five not because of the food- it's a food five- it's a little loud at 8 pm and the service could use a little work.Special Features:
- Great food and drinks!Spsquared2Dined on 7/11/2014Wide varity of menu items. I highly recommend the blue cheese chips and goat cheese shrimp and grits! Also, grab a drink. With a high whiskey menu, anyone can find something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PonteVedraFoodieVIPDined on 7/7/2014We really enjoy this place. The burgers are great and love the whiskey tastings. We enjoy sitting in the bar area more than the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as expectedEat4oneDined on 7/6/2014Having dined at Blind Fig in Riverside, I already knew what to expect. My husband had the fried chicken with red beans and rice and he said it was well seasoned. I had the oyster and pork belly sandwich and was even better than the version in Riverside. The online menu had items that weren't offered, a bit disappointing. I highly recommend trying this place.Special Features:
- Great food, service slowFelipeDined on 7/3/2014It was a busy day for them and according to the waiter, the bar was backed up with orders. It took a long time for the drinks to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Archer70VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been to the Blind Rabbit several times, and I've always had one of their amazing burgers. The special on Saturday though, a ribeye steak, looked to0 good to pass up. I'm glad I didn't pass, as it even made their burgers pale in comparison. Delicious food, great whiskey, it was a fun Saturday date night with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server memory lapseWanderingFoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our server forgot order of wedge salad and only brought entree. He only offered lame apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the The Blind Rabbit - Jax Beach reviews archive.
- A hopping great find!CMR1972Dined on 6/20/2014Absolutely the best burger I have ever had! The drink choices were fabulous and the service excellent. The only draw back for me was the noise level. It is quite noisy since it is all an open space. It was difficult to hear the person I was dining with from across the table. The bar area actually seems a little better. I would not let that deter you though as you can feel the energetic vibe and can tell this is a happening place. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu looked great on the webNR2011Dined on 6/20/2014Next time I go to Blind Rabbit I will get the burger. My friend I went with said they were great and cooked properly....something you hardly find these days....especially for sliders. The fried green tomatoes had WAY TOO much heat...also the beans and rice. The deep fried bread pudding needed some ice cream or creme anglaise and the Smores in the coffee cup was a looser....I will go back again when I am in the mood for a burger. The menu was very appetizing but the desserts need major work, in my opinion...of which you asked!Special Features:
- Jacksonville's New Food SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/19/2014Is living up to the hype! Moved away five years ago and am happily astounded every time I return with the great new, non-chain, restaurants in the area. Delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014Disappointed that the special dassert I ordered was out. Don't offer a item you don't have.Special Features:
- HannahBDined on 5/31/2014Great food but extremely loud! Service was slow but they were very busy with many large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2014We have been here several times, but this time with our 2 & 4 year old grandkids. They have a great kids menu and were really good about putting the oder in quickly for them. If you go early, it seems like that is when families bring the kids. They really do have the BEST burgers! And our waiter Tyler was knowledgeable about bourbons and whiskeys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burgersFredpageDined on 5/2/2014Outstanding food beautifully presented. Great service. Great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeidiDined on 5/1/2014Very well done, the food is great as well as the drink selection. We have been repeat diners.Special Features:
- Excellent choicetjaxDined on 4/28/2014My girl friend and I shared the Poutine appetizer. Mostly fries and gravey, but not soggy at all. I had the Pork Belly and Oyster Sandwich and she had the Short Ribs Slider. We were experimenting, they were ok, and now we can say we tried them. What made the dinner special was our waiter, Jeff. I thought I had a $50 gift card and I gave it to him with enough cash for the balance and tip. He brought it back and said that there was another $50 on the card!! I was stunned and amazed he was honest enough to tell me that. Great drinks. Best to sit away from the bar if you want to be able to listen to the person(s) with you. Very loud on a Monday night at 7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBeachDinerDined on 4/27/2014We have been to Blind Rabbit on several occasions and each time we have had an awesome experience. The food is always fresh and burgers have always been cooked just right. Ask for Jacob as your server, he is awesome! He is very attentive and knowledgeable regarding the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers and whiskeyPvbfoodVIPDined on 4/19/2014Blind Rabbit is fun and LOUD. Don't go there to have a business meeting. But, have fun and enjoy the food. The burgers, hand cut fries and tobacco onions are really good! A good wine list and a really good beer list, but the topper is the great whiskey list.Special Features:
- Great food and drink selectionJbbeachDined on 4/18/2014Great food all around. I had a burger which was the best one I have had in Jacksonville area, even with all the gourmet burger place poping up. Had a wood ford double Oaked to complement. Some home made chips for appetizer and the bread pudding balls for desert were excellent. Will be back on Wednesday for $12 flight of whiskey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specials, not full (for once)JaxGatorVIPDined on 4/17/2014I had the Cobia special and, in sharp contrast with all their other meals, was not full after finishing. The food was great quality, but the quinoa just wasn't enough. The beer selection's still pretty vanilla. Chokula's the only dark beer worth drinking.Special Features:
- Great conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/16/2014We have been here several times. The burgers are great - all of them. And love the fact you can choose a healthy side if you want. The salads are good also. Nice portion. We had a great waiter who knew his bourbons, which not all the servers do (previous complaint). The noise level is unbearable at times. You can not hear 4 people at a table. And I am also surprised people bring their babies and small children here. So add screaming kids to the mix.
- burger towndreamin2Dined on 4/11/2014AWESOME burger! Cooked perfectly medium and dressed with the fried pickles, it was delicious. Easily the best burger I've had since I could remember.Special Features:
- Great Burger!rldentonDined on 3/29/2014The food was great. Reservations were for 7 and we were seated right away. I would go back but probably at a less "popular" time as it was VERY loud and hard to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & drinks but lacks in soOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/23/2014Good: burgers! Yes, you come here for them, (not fish) & whiskey/bourbon! The whole idea is to order a "flight' of whiskey-a sampling of 4 from a long list that is divided into 3 prices.The BAD: wait stafff is clueless about the drinks! All these expensive bourbon/whiskey that you want to try but the menu has no descriptions. The place is SO noisy! Concrete floors, wood tables, benches with really high backs and divider walls, open ceiling. It is so dark- bring your phone flash light to see the menu. Next time i think we will sit at the bar....but that doesn't work for a group, and this is a group kind of place. I also don't get the few tv screens - not everyone can see them. either be a sports bar or not, but you can't have it both ways.Special Features:
- Good food and valueLIndaDined on 3/8/2014First time visit and very pleased with the menu selections; delicious sandwiches...the Cuban and the Southern Burger, along with awesome fries; and the well drinks are only $2.50! It is very noisy, but fun.Special Features:
- Service is terrible.Jeana77Dined on 3/1/2014I have been to the Blind Rabbit twice, and both times the service has been so bad I will never go back. The first time I thought might have just been a bad day there but tried it a second time and it was still the worst service I've ever received. The food is good though, if you're lucky enough to get someone to take you order. I go to the Blind Fig frequently and the services is always good. It is unfortunate how different the two are from each other when it comes to taking care of the customers.Special Features:
- Blind Rabbit was great!knfieldVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had a pretty large group (8) on a Saturday night - the restaurant handled it very well. All of the food was delicious too! Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good when we finallyfoodieDined on 2/21/2014Food was good when we finally got it. So loud we could not have a conversation would not go for dinner again would go for drinks.Special Features:
- Bartender a gemJedimomVIPDined on 2/12/2014We sat at the bar on a Wednesday and had great experience. We split the southern burger, yummy. Our bartender/waiter was delightful. A total recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.