The Blacksmith Restaurant
211 NW Greenwood Ave
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Blacksmith Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bendblacksmith.com/
- Phone: 5413180588
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Chang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Anvil Dining Room:
The newly remodeled and upgraded Anvil Room at The Blacksmith is an exceptional setting for private parties. From business events to birthdays, anniversaries or wedding receptions, let the Blacksmith make your event memorable and flawless.
The Anvil Dining room is warmly lit with dark hardwood tables, comfortable leather chairs and stone walls. The anvil room is also equipped with a video projector and screen that can be used for presentations. The room also has wireless internet for business functions.
The room holds 35-40 guests.
For larger parties, our Special Events Coordinator can assist in planning for special events that require the entire restaurant, such as wedding receptions, retirement parties, and holiday parties. The entire restaurant, bar and lounge has a maximum capacity of 100-150 guests. Please contact us for pricing.
Contact Us To Help Make Your Event an Experience
- Private Party Contact: Joey Castellanos 5413180588
- Cross Street: Harriman St
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the south side of the building in the lot adjacent to the restaurant. Additional parking can be found in the lot across the street, as well as the parking spaces behind the restaurant. These become available after 6 p.m. during the week, and anytime on Saturday and Sunday.
A word from The Blacksmith Restaurant
The Blacksmith Restaurant has reopened under new ownership as of March 7, 2013!!! Discover Bend's dining at it's best! The Blacksmith Restaurant serves Distinctive Bold Cuisine in the historic Pierson’s Blacksmith Shop at the corner of Greenwood Avenue and Harriman. The newly-renovated restaurant has made diners nostalgic for the comfort foods of the past with a contemporary spin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Blacksmith Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
The Blacksmith Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (35)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Celebrate!CilleDined on 10/25/2014The Blacksmith is the perfect location to celebrate a special occasion. Great service with staff who are attentive to the smallest detail and the ambiance is the perfect pairing for a celebration.Special Features:
- PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food from our dining experience was excellent however the sirloin steak I had ordered medium came more like well done. It was my wifes birthday so I didn't send it back and still tasted good. My only complaint would be the portion size for the money. My dinner was portioned more like an appetizer than a main course entree. My wife's Rogue Filet was outstanding but I would not order the surf and turf again. Service was exceptional and the drinks were great. Ashley is a wonderful server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Blacksmith is back!4benddinersDined on 10/21/2014Better than ever under new ownership. Excellent service by Tim and others (not intrusive). Ample portions of food; the halibut & Caesar salad were to die for. The noise level was muted for easy table conversation. Lots of memory makers for this birthday celebration. WELL DONE BLACKSMITH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Erperience!GourmetSteveDined on 10/17/2014From the friendly greeting of the hostess all the way to the dessert and coffee, he Blacksmith was a great dining experience. The food was excellent and the service was just right. The ambiance of the old blacksmith barn adds to the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedwilltravelforfoodDined on 10/16/2014We had never eaten at the Blacksmith before, always choosing a competitor instead. Our daughter chose the restaurant for her birthday dinner, and we were very pleased. The service was good, the food was great, and they had a rose waiting at her place setting as a special birthday touch. We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- just OKout2dineDined on 10/5/2014I expected this to be a fine dinner, and it was just OK. WE had fish, which was overcooked and dry (the Halibut), and served with a mound of dry black beans. Not very appealing. The chicken marsala was extremely salty and swimming in sauce. Not much finesse to this. The salads were very good, large portions not balanced with a pre-mains, but very good and fresh. Only one server, and as the evening progressed the attention diminished seriously- to the point that we had to get up and walk to the bar to pay the check, as we could not find the server. Perhaps if we'd ordered steak the execution would have been better. I have enjoyed the bar menu in past and drinks- friendly staff, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Ms. TouristMandyDined on 10/4/2014Five us dined, two of the main entrée meats where not satisfactory. One steak was returned and chef deleted it from the bill and surprisingly the prime rib was grilled. Other three meats were great and side vegetable was wonderful as was the wine. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet hidewayEvilterbDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I were taking the forgotten route to a family function and used Open Table to find The Blacksmith. We both had a very quiet, intimate dining experience. The food was all on point and not the usual fare. We enjoyed the wait staff and The Blacksmith was an easy walk from our downtown hotel. My compliments to downtown Bend, OregonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodVisitorfromCADined on 9/27/2014Ordered a la carte steaks and veggies. All excellent. I would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I were married less than a Month ago and this weekend is outside honeymoon. Unfortunately we hadn't seen each other in three weeks because my mom had emergency cancer surgery right after the wedding. We were also celebrating my husband's birthday which was two days prior. We really needed a special night together after he landed in Redmond from los angeles at 8:30pm. From the time the hostess greeting us and congratulated us down to the dessert showeveryone was so pleasant and nice. Plus, the food was amazing. My pork loin was cooked perfectly and everything on my husband's surf and turf plate was delicious. The waitress even helped us pick out just the right wine. Suburb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoscoeRoadDined on 9/24/2014Unusual menu but good food, - wild salmon was very good, the chicken marsala very tasty - excellent service and affordable wine prices. A very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014This was always one of Bend's best restaurants. Though there were some glitches a few years ago but now it is back. Great steaks, great wine, great service, authentic atmosphere. Can't go wrong here for special dinner. I recently ate a famous steak house in Houston. Throughout dinner I kept thinking about how much better the Blacksmith is... Don't miss this great steak house.Special Features:
- Always a treat...PEACEBOOKIEDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten here many times and we have never been disappointed. Go after dark for the best ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blacksmith in BendmndineDined on 9/15/2014Hard to find because it is around the corner from where its official address is. Food was good but too complicated, i.e crab and lobster with a lot of different sauces masking the taste of the seafood, Service was slow but the waitress was very pleasant. Wine was good. We were prepared to pay the price but, given the price, were disappointed in the food. We understood that the chef worked with Stephen Pyles who used to have Routh Street Cafe in Dallas years ago, an absolute dynamite favorite of mine. So perhaps that was the reason for the disappointment.Special Features:
- Great food!ritaonwiiDined on 9/14/2014We had a great time with our German visitors to this restaurant. It did not disappoint, and in fact was a superb meal. The waiter was knowledgeable, observant and professional. The food was well presented and it all tasted great.Special Features:
- Good Surf and TurfLaur8hereDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Blacksmith Restaurant. We both had the surf and turf, but upgraded the beef to the filet for extra$. It was good. Nice crème brulee too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of FoodMiloVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went for my wife's birthday and she had the NW ribeye, and I had the grilled salmon. The ribeye had an awful lot of grizzle and the salmon was dry. The beet salad was very good along with the wine. Our server was prompt and pleasant. I would not recommend the ribeye based on our experience.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in BendFoodiesDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great! The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. A lot to choose from on the menu and all sounded so delicious. Our favorite was the Ahi Poke appetizer. A nice twist to the traditional. Hats off to the Chef! Only 1 item to complain about. We used Open Table to make our reservations, and when we arrived, they did not have any record of us making the reservations. Luckily they had room for us because the restaurant filled up very quickly with people waiting in the bar! If you are in Bend, it is a must to dine at!Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Very good service, food and wine. Nicely laid out, attractive restaurant. Loads of atmosphere.Special Features:
- Anniversary MomentsDeschutesDivaDines2Dined on 8/29/2014Upon entering the restaurant we were pleasantly greeted and directed to our window seating. Upon the table were two blushing red roses awaiting us to begin our supper celebration. We were presented with a savory appetizer while we waited. Our excellant waiter took our drink order and delivered them promptly. We enjoyed our quiet time together before our meal arrived. I selected the rib-eye steak and my husband selected the robust pork chop. He enjoyed his very tasty pork chop, I did NOT enjoy the very large and grissly steak that I was given. Dessert was offered and we selected a delicious threesome of flavored hand-crafted ice creams and Strictly Organic coffee to finish off our dinner experience. All-in-all it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishermanDined on 8/28/2014Great suggestions by the wait staff and food was excellent.Special Features:
- CodyjenVIPDined on 8/28/2014They were out of their signature dish at 6:00 pm (tomahawk steak). Ordered a filet medium rare and it came well done. Wine didn't get served until after we had finished salads even though it was ordered first. Was disappointing. Restaurant has so much potential.Special Features:
- Yumm!ElizaroseDined on 8/27/2014Perfect service. Delicious food. Beautiful, quiet place to eat. It doesn't get much better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMarleneDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Blacksmith's. never been there before...but will be sure to return. The food was amazing! We recommend the steaks, the beet salad and the smoky Mac & cheese sides. We enjoyed the bananas foster both while it was being prepared at our table and savoring it as we devoured it. The wait staff were very attentive but not intrusive...a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation for my fiance's 40th birthday- a surprise dinner. He is a HUGE ribeye fan and the reason I chose the Blacksmith was because of the Tomahawk that is on the menu. I was SO EXCITED to suprise him with this HUGE steak. We go to order and they were sold out!!!! The other thing that surprised me is that they didnt have it even on a Saturday!! I feel I shouldnt have needed to call to make sure something that was on the menu was available, especially on a weekend. If you are going to be open on a weekend you should have everything that is listed on the menu. We ended up leaving and going to the Pine Tavern who was able to sit us and provide us with a fabulous table and service.
- LovelyAnnuDined on 8/10/2014Very quiet, nice service. Love what the new owners have done with the bar!Special Features:
- SusieQDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding service, above average food quality, reasonable wine list, incredible deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed, disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Dined there years ago, so was excited to go back...but experience, food and price was nothing to write home about.
- Excellent meal and the best servicefamilyof4Dined on 8/3/2014Every dish that we ordered (table of 4) was outstanding. I really can't fault anything. Our service was excellent as was the service of all of the tables that I could see. Waiters were attentive without being overbearing. They even cleaned crumbs/thoroughly cleared the table after the dinner course was finished (haven't had that done in awhile). The salads shouldn't be missed--both the Caesar and beet salads were exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014The food was awesome and the service was impeccable. I had such a wonderful experience and highly recommend The Blacksmith.Special Features:
- Chef has visionGmaZooDined on 7/24/2014Brian Chang is brilliant, creative, insightful, visionary. He sees food as no one else. W shared the rib eye and words cannot fully describe how delicious it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJamesDined on 7/17/2014Partner had halibut. I had salmon. Only downer was halibut was served over some sort of black bean purée. Kind of gross looking. She could not bring herself to eat it. Both fish cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great Vacation BeginningTedsVIPDined on 7/16/2014Wow we flew to Portland, rented a car and drove and ended up in Bend on the way to Crater Lake the next day. Got on OpenTable and found this fantastic restaurant. I got the pork shop and have to say it is in my Pork Chop Hall of Fame. I think it is #1! Just great and the server was over the top good.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner!MeghanDined on 7/11/2014One of the best Caesar salads ever, excellent service - very knowledgable and helpful. Only complaint was steak a little underdone, so order it a bit more cooked than you normally would. Nice menu with lots of choices. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Well-SpenttimcannardDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I had never been there before and decided to go there for our first wedding anniversary. I have to say it was well-worth the visit. The service was phenomenal and the ambience was as well. We were seated away from everyone else and when we arrived we had two roses on our table from the restaurant! To top it off, the food was amazing. We shared the Caesar salad and chicken marsala. Both were the best we had tasted. After our entrees my wife and I also split the creme brulee that had a cherry topping to it. The best we ever had, and we know our creme brulee. Overall, great eat and great find in Downtown Bend. We can't wait to visit again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the The Blacksmith Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great place to eatliznofVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I love eating at the Blacksmith! We will continue to eat there for our date nights!
- Gteat steak restaurantFoodsercher73Dined on 6/22/2014This is second time be there. First time with my roommate and their family. I got a ribeye steak. It was nice cooked steak and taste was amazing great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereThomas41Dined on 6/20/2014The restaurant was amazing from start to finish. Everyone at the table enjoyed a wide variety of food from lobster to a tender ribeye. Our friend enjoyed her vegetarian dish and all the salads with caviar were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was awesome!WendiLDined on 6/20/2014Went to Blacksmith last night with a group of 7 (including 1 child) and we all had a great experience. The staff were totally on top of checking in on us, filling our drinks, and courteous. I wish I could remember the name of our waiter so I could mention him directly as he was great! He spaced our courses out perfectly so we did not feel rushed at all, which is a problem at most restaurants. I normally only order the next course after I have started eaten the first so it doesn't come out all at once, I couldn't do this sine our group was big. Now, the food: I one word: delicious! All the steaks and the seafood were cooked to perfection. The flavors and seasoning were spot on. The Brussels sprouts are not to be missed! Will recommend!Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant; Good FoodJGJLAWVIPDined on 6/11/2014I took my wife, nephews and their wives to Blacksmith for our 21st anniversary. Overall, we were quite satisfied, although the tuna (ahi) poke could have been a bit spicier w/ the use of Thai chile oil. The steaks and salmon were grilled to perfection (moist and flavorful), and the serving portion sizes were ample.The boys devoured everything in sight; the girls and I had plenty left over for another full meal. Recommended.