The Blacksmith Restaurant
211 NW Greenwood Ave
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Blacksmith Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bendblacksmith.com/
- Phone: 5413180588
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Chang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Anvil Dining Room:
The newly remodeled and upgraded Anvil Room at The Blacksmith is an exceptional setting for private parties. From business events to birthdays, anniversaries or wedding receptions, let the Blacksmith make your event memorable and flawless.
The Anvil Dining room is warmly lit with dark hardwood tables, comfortable leather chairs and stone walls. The anvil room is also equipped with a video projector and screen that can be used for presentations. The room also has wireless internet for business functions.
The room holds 35-40 guests.
For larger parties, our Special Events Coordinator can assist in planning for special events that require the entire restaurant, such as wedding receptions, retirement parties, and holiday parties. The entire restaurant, bar and lounge has a maximum capacity of 100-150 guests. Please contact us for pricing.
Contact Us To Help Make Your Event an Experience
- Private Party Contact: Joey Castellanos 5413180588
- Cross Street: Harriman St
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the south side of the building in the lot adjacent to the restaurant. Additional parking can be found in the lot across the street, as well as the parking spaces behind the restaurant. These become available after 6 p.m. during the week, and anytime on Saturday and Sunday.
A word from The Blacksmith Restaurant
The Blacksmith Restaurant has reopened under new ownership as of March 7, 2013!!! Discover Bend's dining at it's best! The Blacksmith Restaurant serves Distinctive Bold Cuisine in the historic Pierson’s Blacksmith Shop at the corner of Greenwood Avenue and Harriman. The newly-renovated restaurant has made diners nostalgic for the comfort foods of the past with a contemporary spin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Blacksmith Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
The Blacksmith Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (28)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (18)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Blacksmith in BendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Hard to find because it is around the corner from where its official address is. Food was good but too complicated, i.e crab and lobster with a lot of different sauces masking the taste of the seafood, Service was slow but the waitress was very pleasant. Wine was good. We were prepared to pay the price but, given the price, were disappointed in the food. We understood that the chef worked with Stephen Pyles who used to have Routh Street Cafe in Dallas years ago, an absolute dynamite favorite of mine. So perhaps that was the reason for the disappointment.Special Features:
- Great food!ritaonwiiDined on 9/14/2014We had a great time with our German visitors to this restaurant. It did not disappoint, and in fact was a superb meal. The waiter was knowledgeable, observant and professional. The food was well presented and it all tasted great.Special Features:
- Evening of FoodMiloVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went for my wife's birthday and she had the NW ribeye, and I had the grilled salmon. The ribeye had an awful lot of grizzle and the salmon was dry. The beet salad was very good along with the wine. Our server was prompt and pleasant. I would not recommend the ribeye based on our experience.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in BendFoodiesDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great! The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. A lot to choose from on the menu and all sounded so delicious. Our favorite was the Ahi Poke appetizer. A nice twist to the traditional. Hats off to the Chef! Only 1 item to complain about. We used Open Table to make our reservations, and when we arrived, they did not have any record of us making the reservations. Luckily they had room for us because the restaurant filled up very quickly with people waiting in the bar! If you are in Bend, it is a must to dine at!Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Very good service, food and wine. Nicely laid out, attractive restaurant. Loads of atmosphere.Special Features:
- Anniversary MomentsDeschutesDivaDines2Dined on 8/29/2014Upon entering the restaurant we were pleasantly greeted and directed to our window seating. Upon the table were two blushing red roses awaiting us to begin our supper celebration. We were presented with a savory appetizer while we waited. Our excellant waiter took our drink order and delivered them promptly. We enjoyed our quiet time together before our meal arrived. I selected the rib-eye steak and my husband selected the robust pork chop. He enjoyed his very tasty pork chop, I did NOT enjoy the very large and grissly steak that I was given. Dessert was offered and we selected a delicious threesome of flavored hand-crafted ice creams and Strictly Organic coffee to finish off our dinner experience. All-in-all it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishermanDined on 8/28/2014Great suggestions by the wait staff and food was excellent.Special Features:
- CodyjenVIPDined on 8/28/2014They were out of their signature dish at 6:00 pm (tomahawk steak). Ordered a filet medium rare and it came well done. Wine didn't get served until after we had finished salads even though it was ordered first. Was disappointing. Restaurant has so much potential.Special Features:
- Yumm!ElizaroseDined on 8/27/2014Perfect service. Delicious food. Beautiful, quiet place to eat. It doesn't get much better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMarleneDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Blacksmith's. never been there before...but will be sure to return. The food was amazing! We recommend the steaks, the beet salad and the smoky Mac & cheese sides. We enjoyed the bananas foster both while it was being prepared at our table and savoring it as we devoured it. The wait staff were very attentive but not intrusive...a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation for my fiance's 40th birthday- a surprise dinner. He is a HUGE ribeye fan and the reason I chose the Blacksmith was because of the Tomahawk that is on the menu. I was SO EXCITED to suprise him with this HUGE steak. We go to order and they were sold out!!!! The other thing that surprised me is that they didnt have it even on a Saturday!! I feel I shouldnt have needed to call to make sure something that was on the menu was available, especially on a weekend. If you are going to be open on a weekend you should have everything that is listed on the menu. We ended up leaving and going to the Pine Tavern who was able to sit us and provide us with a fabulous table and service.
- LovelyAnnuDined on 8/10/2014Very quiet, nice service. Love what the new owners have done with the bar!Special Features:
- SusieQDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding service, above average food quality, reasonable wine list, incredible deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed, disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Dined there years ago, so was excited to go back...but experience, food and price was nothing to write home about.
- Excellent meal and the best servicefamilyof4Dined on 8/3/2014Every dish that we ordered (table of 4) was outstanding. I really can't fault anything. Our service was excellent as was the service of all of the tables that I could see. Waiters were attentive without being overbearing. They even cleaned crumbs/thoroughly cleared the table after the dinner course was finished (haven't had that done in awhile). The salads shouldn't be missed--both the Caesar and beet salads were exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014The food was awesome and the service was impeccable. I had such a wonderful experience and highly recommend The Blacksmith.Special Features:
- Chef has visionGmaZooDined on 7/24/2014Brian Chang is brilliant, creative, insightful, visionary. He sees food as no one else. W shared the rib eye and words cannot fully describe how delicious it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJamesDined on 7/17/2014Partner had halibut. I had salmon. Only downer was halibut was served over some sort of black bean purée. Kind of gross looking. She could not bring herself to eat it. Both fish cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great Vacation BeginningTedsVIPDined on 7/16/2014Wow we flew to Portland, rented a car and drove and ended up in Bend on the way to Crater Lake the next day. Got on OpenTable and found this fantastic restaurant. I got the pork shop and have to say it is in my Pork Chop Hall of Fame. I think it is #1! Just great and the server was over the top good.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner!MeghanDined on 7/11/2014One of the best Caesar salads ever, excellent service - very knowledgable and helpful. Only complaint was steak a little underdone, so order it a bit more cooked than you normally would. Nice menu with lots of choices. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Well-SpenttimcannardDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I had never been there before and decided to go there for our first wedding anniversary. I have to say it was well-worth the visit. The service was phenomenal and the ambience was as well. We were seated away from everyone else and when we arrived we had two roses on our table from the restaurant! To top it off, the food was amazing. We shared the Caesar salad and chicken marsala. Both were the best we had tasted. After our entrees my wife and I also split the creme brulee that had a cherry topping to it. The best we ever had, and we know our creme brulee. Overall, great eat and great find in Downtown Bend. We can't wait to visit again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatliznofVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I love eating at the Blacksmith! We will continue to eat there for our date nights!
- Gteat steak restaurantFoodsercher73Dined on 6/22/2014This is second time be there. First time with my roommate and their family. I got a ribeye steak. It was nice cooked steak and taste was amazing great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereThomas41Dined on 6/20/2014The restaurant was amazing from start to finish. Everyone at the table enjoyed a wide variety of food from lobster to a tender ribeye. Our friend enjoyed her vegetarian dish and all the salads with caviar were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was awesome!WendiLDined on 6/20/2014Went to Blacksmith last night with a group of 7 (including 1 child) and we all had a great experience. The staff were totally on top of checking in on us, filling our drinks, and courteous. I wish I could remember the name of our waiter so I could mention him directly as he was great! He spaced our courses out perfectly so we did not feel rushed at all, which is a problem at most restaurants. I normally only order the next course after I have started eaten the first so it doesn't come out all at once, I couldn't do this sine our group was big. Now, the food: I one word: delicious! All the steaks and the seafood were cooked to perfection. The flavors and seasoning were spot on. The Brussels sprouts are not to be missed! Will recommend!Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant; Good FoodJGJLAWVIPDined on 6/11/2014I took my wife, nephews and their wives to Blacksmith for our 21st anniversary. Overall, we were quite satisfied, although the tuna (ahi) poke could have been a bit spicier w/ the use of Thai chile oil. The steaks and salmon were grilled to perfection (moist and flavorful), and the serving portion sizes were ample.The boys devoured everything in sight; the girls and I had plenty left over for another full meal. Recommended.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014To be honest, I was very disappointed - food was not as good as with the previous owners. Not much flavor, overcooked, & a bit greasy.
- okay...oldmanstihlDined on 6/7/2014The food was okay...I would expect a little bit more for the price. I took my wife here as a special treat for us, it was nice and quite then a large group was seated right behind us and they were rude, loud drunks.Special Features:
- First Visit - More to ComeDeweyDined on 5/25/2014We enjoyed our first first. Happened to find it on-line. Excellent server with good food. We will return. Prices were not out of line for this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversayBlacksmithDined on 5/24/2014As always the food was delicious. We let them know it was our 15 year anniversary and they had roses on the table and a candle on the dessert (we paid for).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoSlowdownDined on 5/24/2014Service pace was rushed. Got the sense of that right from the second we were seated. I even mentioned to the server to keep things spaced out, did not happen. Food was good, but that type of service keeps us from putting it on our "go to" short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine FindEnatDined on 5/24/2014We just happened upon this place via Google while looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary in Bend. So happy we found it! We felt so special to find two roses on our table, adding to the romance of the night. Our food was seriously drool worthy. My filet was like butter. So tender. We topped off our dinner with Bananas Foster prepared tableside, complete with flames. What a special meal for a special day. We HIGHLY recommend for every couple celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the The Blacksmith Restaurant reviews archive.
- The best dinner I have ever had!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014...and considering we eat out around 4 times a week here in Bend, that is no small statement! We recently rediscovered Blacksmith, right around the time of the new ownership. From the first time we went there a few months ago to the countless times we have been back since, not one thing has been less than excellent. Our favorite from the bar is "The Gem." The Ahi Poke is outstanding, with the Ahi always being of the highest quality! Last Saturday, I ordered the Surf and Turf with the Mac n' Cheese and fried Brussel Sprouts. It really was the BEST dinner I have ever had. The Brussel Sprouts are incredibly flavorful. The steak was cooked perfectly and the sauce was creamy and flavorful but not too heavy! Best dessert - bread pudding w/ bacon!Special Features:
- great dinner!Lisa123Dined on 5/11/2014Fabulous meal and great service. Thanks Tammy. Really great non traditional chicken marsala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dinner!Larali6911Dined on 5/2/2014Excellent food! The Shrimp & Grits are amazing and the Filet was butter tender. Service was superb!Special Features:
- Great place to dinePickyeater101Dined on 4/20/2014We have lived in Bend for a short time and our just discovering the best places to eat. This is now one of our favorites especially the great taste of the food and the making of the banana foster right at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodbunkyshmsfiDined on 4/11/2014Most of the food was okay. However, the Brussels sprouts, which were supposed to be sauted, were dry, charred/burned and inedible. When it was explained to the waitress why they weren't eaten, she was uncaring about them being burned. Would have liked more concern and the offer of a different side dish (at no additional cost). Had to ask that our table be wiped after a light water spill and crumbs from the bread being all over the table. It was obvious, but we still had to ask that it be wiped up.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Meet with out of town friends had a great time they loved it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BendJohnVIPDined on 4/5/2014The staff is welcoming, polite, friendly, and professional. The food is the best not only in Bend, but anywhere. Their ceasar salad is the best I've ever had with grilled parmesan cheese and the most wonderful home made polenta croutons. Steaks are their specialty, they do it right and the meat is excellent quality. However, the Chicken Marsala was incredible. It was tender in the middle, crispy and spicy on the out, and had an amazing mushroom demiglaze that was flavorful, sweet, spicy and complimented the chicken perfectly. For dessert, a chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. And, home made almond brittle clusters to give it a wonderful crunch. Add some real, thick drizzle of caramel sauce to it and you have a master piece.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!3GirlsDined on 3/21/2014This was a great restaurant. Great food, nice environment, and nice service. Well done! We enjoyed it very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.