The Black Pig
1865 W. 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Black Pig
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theblackpigcleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 862-7551
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 4pm - 10pm, Bar until 12am
Friday 4pm - 12am, Bar until 2am
Saturday 12pm - 12am, Bar until 2am
Sunday Brunch 11am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Michael Nowak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Black Pig
The Black Pig, in Ohio City's Market District, specializes in seasonal, French inspired cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef and owner, Michael Nowak sources the freshest ingredients from local farms for his changing seasonal menu. Enjoy the vibrant night life of Cleveland's premier food and dining district. The Black Pig boasts an impressive bar program featuring creative, hand crafted cocktails, American craft beers, and unique boutique wines. Enjoy city skyline views while dining or drinking on our elevated patio, a first for Ohio City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Black Pig - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
The Black Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)romantic (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Love this place!YolandaWinstonDined on 10/26/2014I have been to black pig for brunch so many times and I keep going back because it's such good food!! The service is great and the restaurant is cute, but the food!!! YummmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK...kayveeVIPDined on 10/25/2014The menu is quite limited. I had the confit duck leg, which was good but quite small. My husband had the pork tenderloin -- it was also good, but pretty basic. Our friends had the pork schnitzel (HUGE portion), and the burger (claimed to be very good). Ambiance is pretty rustic (I understand they are moving soon). Server was very friendly and attentive. Overall, it was fine, no major problems, and we would go again -- just not very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must not miss!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Seriously amazing food, can't wait to try again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitFoodluvieLoDined on 10/24/2014Food was great. Staff was fast and friendly. We got the tasting menu for the table and the chef personally came to the table and explained each course, he even made sure there were no allergies or food dislikes before he started cooking. Drinks were great as well. I loved it, Only VERY noisy. Definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experience - not so goodDanfromStowDined on 10/24/2014First time at The Black Pig - with customers from Costa Rica - their first time in Cleveland. Nothing on the menu that they wanted, and nothing for my wife. The table next to us had a crying baby, and the acoustics were not good. Hard to talk at our own table. Beer was warm. The server was pleasant, but the very limited menu, warm beer, and a crying baby made for a unpleasant dining experience. Won't go back, won't recommend to friends.
- flybuoyDined on 10/24/2014We had the pleasure of dining at the Black Pig twice in the past two weeks, once for the Sunday brunch and once on a Friday night. Both occasions featured remarkable food and attentive service by friendly waitresses. The pork schintzle was excellent and the pork belly appetizer tasted better than its name implied. Pork rinds are an acquired taste, but good! We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even for non pork eating peoplebuckeyeDined on 10/18/2014I am a vegetarian and my husband does not eat pork. yet we both love this restaurant. he is never disappointed with the chef's tasting and I am always happy with the three dishes I can eat.Special Features:
- Chef's tasting menuOurDateNightDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I had dinner before heading to Playhouse Square and it was wonderful. Chef Michael delighted us with his 5 course tasting menu and it was amazing. Great food, great service - a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Great meal, good beer selection, excellent service. Pork tenderloin was very tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another Ohio City findCleanplateDined on 10/14/2014Had a pre theater dinner the service was fast. The meal was delicious and highly recommend the short ribs. Our waitress was patient with our decisiveness and was knowledgeable about menu items. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseKarenDined on 10/11/2014I booked reservations for 4 for dinner @5:45 PM, before a 7:30 PM show in Playhouse Square after reading all the reviews. I wanted someplace special and this place sounded perfect. I wasn't sure how it would work out time-wise, but it was a non-issue (we informed our server of our time constraint - she was very accommodating). The atmosphere has a good vibe. I want to sit at the bar next time and just hang out for a while. Hostess was lovely. Meghan (food server), was excellent - very professional. The food was exceptional (braised beef ribs, duck, chicken), and the wine list very fairly priced. We enjoyed the experience. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momc2l2Dined on 10/11/2014We liked everything about our visit except for the table we sat at. It was a high top and after an hour plus of sitting there with my short little legs dangling, my knees were hurting! Food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomerBenjaminDined on 10/4/2014I had never eaten at the Black Pig before but I can assure you I will be back. I tried two of their specialty cocktails and they were both very good. The drinks are a blend of high end liquor and a variety of interesting mixers. Our food came out quickly and everything was top notch. Servings were just the right size, presentation was beautiful and the food itself was perfect. Service was attentive without being intrusive and friendly. Overall, I give the Black Pig high marks and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceChuckDined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Black Pig a few times and always come away saying they have great wait staff. Knowledgeable about the menu and wines, friendly and interesting people. The food is great - lots of pork on the menu. Wine list is good and compliments the menu. Also have an extensive beer list as well. Overall a great place to dine.Special Features:
- PorkBellyDined on 10/4/2014Braised pork belly... need I say more! Good sized portions, nice staff, very inviting setting, excellent beer selection. You won't regret a visit to the Black Pig!Special Features:
- Excellent food but...ChefRicheDined on 10/2/2014We were the only diners on a Thursday at 7PM...I love this restaurant, I think the Chef is excellent, the ambiance it has it all...I am sad if The Black Pig doesn't make it...I always take out of town guests there and my wife and I go as well...Special Features:
- Great FoodChowluvverDined on 9/27/2014This was our second time and we chose different entrees. We were pleased with the tasty selections.Special Features:
- HogWild4UFiddleKids2playDined on 9/20/2014Love this spot! Very creative menu from a very creative chef! Enjoyed a cozy lunch celebration tucked away in the corner- embraced by an industrial gritty hug that only Cleveland can give! Congrats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pork Belly. Great everything.JenniferDined on 9/17/2014I went with my boyfriend for my birthday because we had gone when first opened on a mishap because the place we wanted to go was too crowded. He is an executive chef who loves food. He was so in love with the pork belly (and a multitude of other plates we tried) we had to go back. We live on the East side and he works long hours. As much as we raved about it, we just did not have the opportunity. Finally we were able to go on my birthday, almost a year later. We got there around 5 on Wednesday, just after they opened for the evening. We sat on the roof top patio. It was a perfect night. It was quiet, yet not barren, and the server was all smiles and friendly. They did not know it was my birthday, which made it genuine. Great Cleveland feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goof food and great price50foodiesDined on 9/13/2014So you would think the food would be all about the pig her, but not so. The duck was good and their sausage was great. Very reasonably priced and the portions just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not an inventive menu, but goodOliviaDined on 9/13/2014The menu was sort of predictable, but the food was well done. Braised pork belly was cold inside, which was off-putting. But I had duck confit for my entree and it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Just Loved This Placerepair76Dined on 8/30/2014I was comfortable and content at this Ohio City gem. We loved the full meat and cheese board, with the pairings of perfection. I had the black pig burger and it was just what I wanted in a burger (I love the pickles) and the frites are crispy, hot and perfectly seasoned. We can't wait to sample the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- MLC2Dined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent! Service so so. Waited for entrees for 40 min., asked for another wine, it never came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a great viewcmouse79Dined on 8/8/2014I had the pleasure of trying out Black Pig for the first time and sitting on their roof-top patio with a view of the city. The service was incredibly and the food completely matched it. Our server was knowledgeable about the cocktail list and made a recommendation based on my preferences - that drink was divine! I had the braised shortribs and they were the epitome of comfort food - falling apart as soon as your fork hit them. Our server even boxed up my leftovers and recommended making hash out of them for breakfast (apparently, that's what they do for their brunch service). I also have to recommend the chocolate truffle dessert - delicious! An overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Brunch!!1BongoDined on 8/3/2014we had no idea whether the brunch would be busy or not - so we booked the first one we could so we wouldn't be disappointed. We got there right at 11am and were the only ones there - but no worry - our waitress kicked butt and was very informative.(Tatoos and nose piercing - nice girl!) We got the bloody mary's - spicy and not spicy - love the pickles! Boyfriend ordered frites with pork belly and I took the recomendation of the hash....love love loved our dishes!! at a recomendation in an earlier review - I asked for a container of the gravy to go to take back home w/us. No problemo w/the waitress or staff - we even bought a t-shirt.... Wish we lived in Cleveland - we would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014I am a local bar manager and appreciated the friendly service, great food, wide variety of cocktails!!! Our server Cara was great, super friendly and was very informative!! Thanks for making us feel comfortable!! Awesome date night!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in ClevelandNYCbuckeye7VIPDined on 8/1/2014We moved from NYC to Cleveland and this is the most similar vibe that we are familiar with compared to manhattan. This is by far the most unique and delectable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the The Black Pig reviews archive.
- Lucky to have it in Ohio City.osovolDined on 7/29/2014I go semi-regularly, figured I'd write a review of my adoration of this place. My most recent was as exceptional as always. The server (wish I knew her name, but had a nose piercing and some cool ink,) was on point, personable, and coursed our meals out perfectly. I had the pork belly as an app, and the roasted duck breast (which was a perfect medium rare) as an entree. I'm sitting here daydreaming about them both, so I will say they were both exceptional. The food here is unique, high quality, and coupled with impeccable service. There is also a great cocktail, wine, and beer liat to round out the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, very loud.DannnxDined on 7/26/2014Very nice restaurant. Good food, good drinks, good service. VERY LOUD. Had to shout just to be able to talk to my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently flawlessTonkaMuscleVIPDined on 7/26/2014If you haven't been to The Black Pig you are truly missing out. Without a doubt do the "tasting menu"; excellent overview of the menu and you NEVER leave hungry.Special Features:
- Very disapointed.FoodSnobDined on 7/23/2014I expected French, this was not! Our waitress was not accommodating. Food was blah!!!!
- So-SoRockyRiverFoodieDined on 7/18/2014We were excited to try this restaurant for the first time. Over all is was just an OK experience. The hostess needs to learn a better strategy in seating the prime outdoor space. The service was slow. The food was fresh and inventive.Special Features:
- Another amazing meal!JeffBucknut1Dined on 7/18/2014If you have yet to dine at The Black Pig, what are you waiting for? This restaurant never disappoints and it has become one of our favorites in town. Incredible menu, excellent and well-thought wine list, and fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check Out the Black PigSomeItalianGuyDined on 7/11/2014The Black Pig is a nice restaurant with great food and good atmosphere. It's not too casual and not too formal. There is a good selection of drinks, including a large beer list. The food is amazing and portions were good. It's very reasonable priced compared to other restaurants in the area as well. Went here on a date and it was a good choice. It's not too quiet but not too noisy to have a conversation either. The atmosphere is nice and I could see coming back again, especially for brunch. I didn't get to sit at it, but the bar looked nice as well.Special Features:
- Great food!shannonDined on 7/11/2014The pork belly appetizer was amazing, the pork tenderloin was cooked perfectly, and the pistachio dessert was out of this world!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!GoodeatsDined on 7/6/2014I've had bruch here 3 times now and every time it's fantastic. Amazing food, great service, it's really all you need!! The pork belly is to die for, just FYI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlyPaulDined on 7/4/2014The Black Pig has a great menu with a good selection of unique pork offerings. The Pork Belly is a must try, we loved it. Come for HAppy Hour and a stay for dinner or just have the Happy Hour food for a full meal. We'llbe back again.Special Features:
- Tried something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were looking to dine somewhere in Ohio City that we haven't been before. We came across The Black Pig on Open Table and from reviewing the menu thought we would give it a shot. We had an early dinner reservation, before 6PM, and wound up being one of 2-3 tables sat at the time. Because of that it was pretty quiet in the restaurant, which was nice. The kitchen is open to the dining area in which guests can basically see their food being prepared. We were impressed with how quiet the chefs were as they prepared our food, a sign that they really know what they are doing! Our service was fast and friendly, and the food was very good. Definitely more of a hand out type place with friends over a romantic dinner. Over all pleased.Special Features:
- meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We were the first diners to arrive for lunch Saturday, yet our experience was milquetoast at best. My mother ordered a pop, which was flat. We informed the waitress, who explained the carbonation was out in their machine, and substituted a canned tea instead. I had Caeasar salad and found the dressing sparse at best, which was good, since it had an strong taste of anchovies. We also got a cheese plate, which came with three cheeses, a rhubarb compote and sliced beet. The portions on the plate were extremely tiny, considering. Additionally, the waitress told us she would be bringing us some bread when she delivered our food, but the bread never arrived. The experience was disappointing on all levels.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great food. Bahn Mi is my personal favorite. I tried the Croque Madame once and it was really good too. Great place for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.