The Black Pig
1865 W. 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Black Pig
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theblackpigcleveland.com/
- Phone: 2168627551x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 4pm - 10pm, Bar until 12am
Friday 4pm - 12am, Bar until 2am
Saturday 12pm - 12am, Bar until 2am
Sunday Brunch 11am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Michael Nowak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Black Pig
The Black Pig, in Ohio City's Market District, specializes in seasonal, French inspired cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef and owner, Michael Nowak sources the freshest ingredients from local farms for his changing seasonal menu. Enjoy the vibrant night life of Cleveland's premier food and dining district. The Black Pig boasts an impressive bar program featuring creative, hand crafted cocktails, American craft beers, and unique boutique wines. Enjoy city skyline views while dining or drinking on our elevated patio, a first for Ohio City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Black Pig - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
The Black Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (31)great for brunch (30)special occasion (25)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)good for groups (18)late-night find (14)scenic view (12)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- We Just Loved This Placerepair76Dined on 8/30/2014I was comfortable and content at this Ohio City gem. We loved the full meat and cheese board, with the pairings of perfection. I had the black pig burger and it was just what I wanted in a burger (I love the pickles) and the frites are crispy, hot and perfectly seasoned. We can't wait to sample the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- MLC2Dined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent! Service so so. Waited for entrees for 40 min., asked for another wine, it never came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a great viewcmouse79Dined on 8/8/2014I had the pleasure of trying out Black Pig for the first time and sitting on their roof-top patio with a view of the city. The service was incredibly and the food completely matched it. Our server was knowledgeable about the cocktail list and made a recommendation based on my preferences - that drink was divine! I had the braised shortribs and they were the epitome of comfort food - falling apart as soon as your fork hit them. Our server even boxed up my leftovers and recommended making hash out of them for breakfast (apparently, that's what they do for their brunch service). I also have to recommend the chocolate truffle dessert - delicious! An overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Brunch!!1BongoDined on 8/3/2014we had no idea whether the brunch would be busy or not - so we booked the first one we could so we wouldn't be disappointed. We got there right at 11am and were the only ones there - but no worry - our waitress kicked butt and was very informative.(Tatoos and nose piercing - nice girl!) We got the bloody mary's - spicy and not spicy - love the pickles! Boyfriend ordered frites with pork belly and I took the recomendation of the hash....love love loved our dishes!! at a recomendation in an earlier review - I asked for a container of the gravy to go to take back home w/us. No problemo w/the waitress or staff - we even bought a t-shirt.... Wish we lived in Cleveland - we would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014I am a local bar manager and appreciated the friendly service, great food, wide variety of cocktails!!! Our server Cara was great, super friendly and was very informative!! Thanks for making us feel comfortable!! Awesome date night!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in ClevelandNYCbuckeye7VIPDined on 8/1/2014We moved from NYC to Cleveland and this is the most similar vibe that we are familiar with compared to manhattan. This is by far the most unique and delectable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky to have it in Ohio City.osovolDined on 7/29/2014I go semi-regularly, figured I'd write a review of my adoration of this place. My most recent was as exceptional as always. The server (wish I knew her name, but had a nose piercing and some cool ink,) was on point, personable, and coursed our meals out perfectly. I had the pork belly as an app, and the roasted duck breast (which was a perfect medium rare) as an entree. I'm sitting here daydreaming about them both, so I will say they were both exceptional. The food here is unique, high quality, and coupled with impeccable service. There is also a great cocktail, wine, and beer liat to round out the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, very loud.DannnxDined on 7/26/2014Very nice restaurant. Good food, good drinks, good service. VERY LOUD. Had to shout just to be able to talk to my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently flawlessTonkaMuscleVIPDined on 7/26/2014If you haven't been to The Black Pig you are truly missing out. Without a doubt do the "tasting menu"; excellent overview of the menu and you NEVER leave hungry.Special Features:
- Very disapointed.FoodSnobDined on 7/23/2014I expected French, this was not! Our waitress was not accommodating. Food was blah!!!!
- So-SoRockyRiverFoodieDined on 7/18/2014We were excited to try this restaurant for the first time. Over all is was just an OK experience. The hostess needs to learn a better strategy in seating the prime outdoor space. The service was slow. The food was fresh and inventive.Special Features:
- Another amazing meal!JeffBucknut1Dined on 7/18/2014If you have yet to dine at The Black Pig, what are you waiting for? This restaurant never disappoints and it has become one of our favorites in town. Incredible menu, excellent and well-thought wine list, and fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check Out the Black PigSomeItalianGuyDined on 7/11/2014The Black Pig is a nice restaurant with great food and good atmosphere. It's not too casual and not too formal. There is a good selection of drinks, including a large beer list. The food is amazing and portions were good. It's very reasonable priced compared to other restaurants in the area as well. Went here on a date and it was a good choice. It's not too quiet but not too noisy to have a conversation either. The atmosphere is nice and I could see coming back again, especially for brunch. I didn't get to sit at it, but the bar looked nice as well.Special Features:
- Great food!shannonDined on 7/11/2014The pork belly appetizer was amazing, the pork tenderloin was cooked perfectly, and the pistachio dessert was out of this world!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!GoodeatsDined on 7/6/2014I've had bruch here 3 times now and every time it's fantastic. Amazing food, great service, it's really all you need!! The pork belly is to die for, just FYI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlyPaulDined on 7/4/2014The Black Pig has a great menu with a good selection of unique pork offerings. The Pork Belly is a must try, we loved it. Come for HAppy Hour and a stay for dinner or just have the Happy Hour food for a full meal. We'llbe back again.Special Features:
- Tried something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were looking to dine somewhere in Ohio City that we haven't been before. We came across The Black Pig on Open Table and from reviewing the menu thought we would give it a shot. We had an early dinner reservation, before 6PM, and wound up being one of 2-3 tables sat at the time. Because of that it was pretty quiet in the restaurant, which was nice. The kitchen is open to the dining area in which guests can basically see their food being prepared. We were impressed with how quiet the chefs were as they prepared our food, a sign that they really know what they are doing! Our service was fast and friendly, and the food was very good. Definitely more of a hand out type place with friends over a romantic dinner. Over all pleased.Special Features:
- meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We were the first diners to arrive for lunch Saturday, yet our experience was milquetoast at best. My mother ordered a pop, which was flat. We informed the waitress, who explained the carbonation was out in their machine, and substituted a canned tea instead. I had Caeasar salad and found the dressing sparse at best, which was good, since it had an strong taste of anchovies. We also got a cheese plate, which came with three cheeses, a rhubarb compote and sliced beet. The portions on the plate were extremely tiny, considering. Additionally, the waitress told us she would be bringing us some bread when she delivered our food, but the bread never arrived. The experience was disappointing on all levels.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great food. Bahn Mi is my personal favorite. I tried the Croque Madame once and it was really good too. Great place for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousItalyboundDined on 6/24/2014Our dinner was delicious and presentation was great, service was very prompt, courteous, friendly and great in offering suggestions. Our group of eight was very satisfied. Looking forward to going back again. The chef, Brian came to our table and was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinning experience!Sant1VIPDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful, unique brunch menu with an awesome energetic local band!!Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Had an early dinner on patio. Pork rinds, fries, trout and duck....all very good! Lovely carmenere wine too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bbwolfDined on 6/21/2014Sat in the booth in the front , sunshine it was very warm they need some shadesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch!GoPackDined on 6/15/2014Great Father's Day Brunch! The food was delicious (awesome Bloody Mary's) and the service was great. The only thing I didn't care for was the noise level. There was a band playing and it was unnecessarily loud for the few people who were there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Gods was great, portion was small and service was not that greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good outdoor morning brunchLeinie61Dined on 6/15/2014Nice rooftop morning dining. Plenty of classic brunch options as well as creative choices.Special Features:
- Schwartze Schwein is fine!Love2eatDined on 6/14/2014The service was excellent, attentive without being intrusive and pleasantly easy going. We decided to have the chef's tasting menu and were very pleased! Five courses were included. Our server checked with us to see if we had any restrictions or special requests. The duck breast my husband had a taste for was included as our main entree. Our dinner opened with a fresh green salad dressed with a creme fraiche dressing. Then on to what was probably our favorite course....braised pork belly! So tasty we both savored every fatty but scrumptious bite! Trout with a clarified bacon fat infused broth came next, then duck breast done perfectly, ending with a different dessert for each of us.....which was fun to share!Special Features:
- good food, reasonable pricessam84Dined on 6/7/2014Went for date night because the menu looked great and the reviews were good. We were not disappointed. our server was quite slow but its totally forgivable because the food was worth it. We did the chefs tasting menu, which is five courses for $45. Plenty of food, good variety, all excellent. my personal favorite was the pan seared trout. The pork belly was also delicious. Would strongly recommend it to anybody looking for a special night. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvnewdiningDined on 6/7/2014Beautiful evening to eat outside, so we chose the rooftop dining which was very nice.Our drink order was taken (vodka martini). when we rec'd them, both my husband and I thought they were quite heavy with vermouth. Our server, Fay, (who I have to say was a wonderful server and made our dinner very enjoyable.!) did return our drinks and brought them back tasting better (then to find out that we were charged extra per drink, probably to add vodka) I ordered the mushroom sausage & ratatouille side & my husband ordered pork schnitzel & frites.The sausage & schnitzel were tasty, however dry. Ratatouille was so/so but the frites were very good. Seeing other orders, we felt we made the wrong selections.Special Features:
- WalkerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful. We eat here every two or three weeks. After 1.5 years, not a single disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Great server and foodKmk11Dined on 5/30/2014Our server was just the right amount of friendly and helpful and she gave us great advice on the menu. Four of us each ordered a different entree and they were all excellent, the meat done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return!MomofmanyDined on 5/24/2014Great food and service was pleasant. Our server wasn't knowlegeable about the wine list but we still had a fine experience. Definitely will make another visit here.Special Features:
- The Black Pig is my #1 spot!ChristyHajDined on 5/11/2014The Black Pig has always been one of our favorite places in Cleveland for both a night on the town and special occasions. The food is innovative and well executed (get the chef's tasting!), the space is great and the service is always top notch. We went for brunch on Mother's Day for the first time and, once again, we were completely blown away. The menu takes such a unique and modern twist on brunch, with a killer cocktail menu to go with it. The Black Pig is the perfect spot for anyone looking for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- ohiovisitorDined on 5/10/2014It was our first time at the Black Pig and we will return. The food was excellent, but the service was slow and the server not very attentive. We ordered a round of cocktails after being seated and it took 15- 20 minutes for the cocktails to arrive. That delay put an initial damper on the evening, but when the food arrived the quality helped mitigate the initial disappointment.Special Features:
- Great elevated patio!DanielDined on 5/10/2014Elevated patio is very unique. Pork entrees are excellent, both double cut grilled pork chop and pork schnitzel with fried egg. Duck breast was succulent, prepared just right, medium rare. Caesar salad was not traditional, and a bit weak, needing romaine and more garlicky dressing. Service was efficient, friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 312 reviews are from the The Black Pig reviews archive.
- Excellent FindKittyMommaVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food and preparation rival most restaurants in the SF Bay Area. What a gem to find this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST Brunch I've EVER HAD!!!TimmyDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed the Glutton Brunch & Porc Frites with Eggs along with their DELICIOUS Homebrewn Coffee! The Glutton Brunch consisted of an AWESOME Braised Pork Belly; Party-in-your-mouth-filled-with-flavor Homemade Sausage; Garlic Bread-Tasting Toast; Great Herb Omelette; Good Pate; & Just Right Brunch Potatoes! The Porc Frites with Eggs & Fries was just as DELICIOUS! The Sunny Side Up Eggs were cooked PERFECTLY! The Braised Pork Belly was TENDER, JUICY, & FLAVORFUL! The real surprise in the dish were the fries covered in cheese & sitting in this TOO GOOD GRAVY!!! We asked for some of that Gravy to go, how good it was. We were charged $1 for it, but it was worth it. The coffee was a light roast & PERFECT to wash down all the food! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great place with great food. This place is a must try! The offerings are unique and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWalkerVIPDined on 4/26/2014We now go to The Black Pig every two weeks. Always wonderful. Indeed, we must stop ourselves from going every week.Special Features:
- Loved it!LoveFoodDined on 4/25/2014The food was amazing. The drinks were also very good. We got the steak and frites which I would definitely get again. We got the pork belly as an appetizer and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.