1129 College Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebistrobg.com/
- Phone: 2707819646
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sasha Mandrapa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wedding receptions. Office parties. Birthdays. Anniversaries. Whatever the special occasion let The Bistro make it memorable. Private dining is available upstairs in an 1,800 square foot space that seats up to 50. There is a separate bar, and choose between a pre-selected menu, or open menu for your guests. For elegant outdoor functions our private courtyard is the perfect serene setting. With space for over 150 guests, there's even an beautiful arch for picturesque "I Dos." Separate restrooms and a bar add to the list of convenient amenities.
- Private Party Contact: Roberta Elliott 2705357359
- Entertainment: Fridays and Saturdays 6-9 PM Enjoy live piano music to add to your dining experience. Local artist Donna Cherry offers jazz standards along with hits from the 50s through 80s for your listening pleasure. Requests always welcome. Also available for special events. Happy Hour Monday-Thursday, 3-6pm 25% off Appetizers and Drinks
A word from The Bistro
Elegant. Sophisticated. Fine Dining. Located in Bowling Green, Kentucky's historic downtown district, just two blocks from serene Fountain Square, The Bistro welcomes you to one-of-a-kind dining. The two-story restored 1893 Fletcher House plays host to both first rate meals and service whether you are enjoying dinner for two in the restaurant, drinks with friends in the bar or a private function in the upstairs meeting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bowling Green ›
The Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great for practice.PairaDineShiftDined on 9/17/2014Diverse menu, with enough to intrigue without taking too much risk. The wine list is for beginners. We were ready to celebrate with a bottle of bubbly, but the only offering was Korbel. No thanks. My wife ordered a daze tax. Our sever reported back no-can-do. They did not have the ingredients. Pepper crusted tuna was a hit. My gnocchi was not meaty or spicy enough for bolognese. Desserts were tempting, not enough non chocolate options. Given the proximity to the U., this is a good place for studentS to practice eating grown up food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L.W.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014I have eaten crab cakes all over the United States and never had crunchy ones until The Bistro. We were a party of two and unfortunately both of us ordered the crab cakes Benedict. Almost every single bite had hard pieces of shell. I could hear the person with me chew each bite as she crunched her way through the crab cakes. We reported this to the waitress. She first offered to make both entrees half price. Then she said they were both complimentary. We were never offered replacement meals. Then when our ticket was brought to the table the waitress apologized because she was only able to half price the entrees. Management never inquired. I will not be back. One and done.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We were staying overnight in the city and the hotel recommended The Bistro. The food was wonderful: I had Veal marsala and my wife had Risotto. Both meals were tasty, served hot by a pleasant attentive waitress. The best meal we had during two weeks of travel.Special Features:
- Concert nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food excellent. Really try to make sure you have a nice meal and still have time to make the concertSpecial Features:
- quantum3Dined on 7/21/2014We both had fish entrees at this dinner and both dishes were prepared in just the manner we like. Both were served piping hot and each was flaky without a hint of overcooking. We definitely would return here to try other items on their interesting menu.Special Features:
- Great Foodike367Dined on 7/18/2014The scallops and grits special was of my best restaurant meals ever.Special Features:
- Outstanding As AlwaysSimpson04Dined on 7/18/2014The Bistro never disappoints. My wife and I ventured there for a much-needed date night. The food was fantastic. She got the chicken picatta and I had that shrimp scampi. Our waiter was very attentive. We have never come to this restaurant and left disappointed. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchTravelingDinerDined on 6/29/2014I was looking for a place to enjoy Sunday brunch with a friend who just moved to Bowling Green. This turned out to be a nice quiet place for us to hang out and eat. Our server was very helpful with giving us options for things to do on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Dinner at The BristoKateBDined on 6/20/2014I took my niece and her husband for dinner and we were all amazed at everything from the dirty martini's to the main course. We all got different meals and shared. I didn't share much of my crab stuffed salmon, it was the best any of us had ever tasted.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!foodjunkieDined on 6/18/2014We have had the pleasure of dining at The Bistro several times since arriving in Bowling Green a few months ago, and it never disappoints! The food (especially the specials) is delicious and reasonably priced, the service is always top notch, and on Wednesdays wine is half price (Wine Down Wednesday)...what more could you ask for? We've brought out-of-town guests here a few times and they always rave about the experience. What are you waiting for?? Get yourself there!Special Features:
- A local treat in a land of chainsDbjone2Dined on 6/18/2014At a friend's recommendation, we chose The Bistro, and were delighted with our choice. The stuffed salmon we shared was delicious, and the soup was perfect. My salad was ok, but my advice to the chef is to skip the tomato if all you have are mealy-hothouse tomatoes. Wait for good, ripe local tomatoes rather than wasting your money on something Inedible. We decided to try the chocolate mousse cake, at our waiter's suggestion, and were glad we did!Special Features:
- Over ratedUpthecreekDined on 6/7/2014While looking for a top recommended place to dine this came recommended we made on line Time to dine that went will place was clean and waiter was great then time to check out the food not a good exsperance for starters we had the green fried tomatoes they were way to thick the breading fell off and they were cold and raw in the center my wife ordered the pan seared duck it was raw and was like rubber I had the Mai Mai fish it was way over cooked and not a good taste then they replaced the duck with the rib eye that was great over all it will be a place I will not go back when in bowling green ky.Special Features:
- The following 148 reviews are from the The Bistro reviews archive.
- Perfect NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We went to the Bistro to celebrate our wedding anniversary! We had a great a great experience with everything. Our waitress shkla was awesome. She paced our food and was there when we needed her. The hostess, kassidy, came and wished us happy anniversary. She was so personable and really made us feel welcome. The food was great. Calamari and creme brûlée were our favorites!Special Features:
- corvette GS 2010GeneDined on 5/19/2014This is an excellent place to wine and dine! Great value! A great place to go (where the locals go) and avoid franchise restaurants. Very sprecial!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time...stevenukyDined on 5/11/2014I have been to The Bistro before but this time I was disappointed. It was Mother's Day, but we were early enough to beat the crowd. I ordered the hot brown with no tomatoes, and my wife ordered penne pasta. When our food came out, the waitress passed along the kitchen's message of "absolutely no special orders", so there were two huge slices of tomato thrown on the top of my hot brown. Is it really a special order to leave off two slices of tomatoes? The waitress should have at least informed me before bringing my food out. Our food had WAY too much sauce which resulted in a soggy mess. It was scorching hot, and obvious that it was already made and sitting in an oven until served. We gave our food a C- grade... slightly below average.Special Features:
- Bowling Green Foodie experienceKidsongDined on 5/1/2014After reading all the reviews online, we decided to try it. Was suppose to be good for a foodie. The food was ok.....a cook experience, not a chef experience. Not very creative. Our waiter was slow and hard to understand as he dropped every end of a sentence to an almost whisper. He asked us if we wanted bread and then we waited, and waited, and waited. I did say something because people who had been seated after us already had their bread. He said they had to bake some more because they ran out. When it came out, it was cold. He lied...... The coffee at the end was warm, not hot. Beautiful place!! I would not go back.Special Features:
- Holiday BrunchBrunchDined on 4/20/2014Food was good - selection was good overall. Service took longer than expected and waiter not attentive after we were served food. Have had better meals at the Bistro before.Special Features:
- Another Great NightCtcohronDined on 4/19/2014I am always amazed that Bowling Green is lucky enough to have a restaurant the quality of the Bistro. What a great menu with everything from top steaks to seafood to Awsome specials. It is worth the trip for the bacon wrapped dates appetizer alone. The service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014I had the scallops, over rice. My partner enjoyed the prime rib steak. Both items were cooked to perfection. My scallops were cooked throughout, but still moist and tender. The prime rib was cooked to medium (as ordered) and had a charcoal-grilled taste. I would recommend both. We had baked ravioli as an appetizer...also quite good and a good-sized serving. My preference is that they could have been crispier. We arrived at six o'clock, so the restaurant was quite crowded. I had reservations, so we were quickly seated. However, the noise level in the restaurant was a distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so sodiva1Dined on 3/15/2014My husband ordered the scallop dinner and there was only 3 scallops on the plate. He was dissappointed. I had the lobster ravioli and it was tasty.
- Consistently ExcellentAvidDinerDined on 3/1/2014Consistently Excellent- great ribeye, trimmed to perfection, cooked to perfection, eaten with great enjoyment! Reasonable prices!Special Features:
- GrouponRareDateNightDined on 2/15/2014We dined at The Bistro Saturday February 15th. The food and service were excellent. However, the reason we went was because we got a Groupon gift certificate. The ONLY dates it said it wasn't valid were February 14 and May 11. However, the manager said they couldn't accept them the ENTIRE Valentines Day weekend. This dinner was a splurge for us to begin with, so we were not pleased that they would not accept the groupon. They said because the check came up with a "special" menu was the reason they couldn't accept it. We had several unhappy customers around us in the same situation. I called Groupon Monday and got a full refund. Groupon was excellent to deal with. However, we probably won't be going back to the Bistro.Special Features:
- Great food, great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The food was very good. The overall atmosphere is very relaxing and nice. I would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion or if you want a nice lunch/dinner.Special Features:
- Very near restaurant. A placedodojoeDined on 1/31/2014Very near restaurant. A place everyone should try.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Were just passing through and this was recommended. Really enjoyed the friendly service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Town!!BGCA7944Dined on 12/21/2013If you want great food, kind people, great service and just an overall wonderful experience EVERY TIME you go, this is the Restaurant for you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in Bowling GreenErodricDined on 12/14/2013We chose this restaurant for our group celebrating our son's WKU graduation and are happy we did. The ambience was perfect and our server was attentive, friendly and efficient. The menu was varied and good, the dishes were well-executed and well-presented. The whole experience was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A satisfied repeat dinerBackAgainVIPDined on 11/16/2013Our second visit to this establishment verified the high quality of the food and service provided. We'll be returning often. Our only problem was that the richness of the excellent roasted vegetable bisque soup diminished our hunger too much to have capacity for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not accept open table card!!!!smitiosDined on 11/9/2013Food and service was very good, however, came time to pay and they would not accept payment via open table amex card. Interesting, especially since I made my reservation through open table! Seems shady to me....Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2013Took my wife there for her birthday with a small group. The building is older and has a nice ambience. Everything was set up and ready when we arrived. The server was very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was okay, not outstanding. But overall, it was good experience away from the main street chain type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro BoastJcmwDined on 11/2/2013We love the Bistro. The ambiance and service are outstanding. The food is so......good! Yummy! The variety of selections give anyone many choices. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceMeriweatherDined on 10/23/2013When you're traveling, far from home, eating out can be challenging. We found this little gem in Open Table and decided to try it based on your reviews. We were delighted! The old, historic home is beautifully redone for dining and the art on the walls is from local artists. But the art on the plate is so much finer!! Each course was served at exactly the right time, temperature and with a perfect presentation. Our waitress was always there when we needed something, made excellent recommendations, but never hovered. I'd like to see a slightly more comprehensive wine list, but other than that, all was done very nicely. Thank you for a lovely dinner in a very nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great Food - Confused ServerPenny4urthtsVIPDined on 10/23/2013Had fabulous food here. Reuben is incredible. If you're a Reuben person this is one of the best I've ever had which is saying a lot! Server seemed distracted and confessed she doesn't usually do lunch but the questions we were asking were not lunch specific. Service wasn't bad just she didn't seem to have answers to specials for the day or what cheeses were on the cheese board we ordered. If you're going to offer a cheese board I think you're people need to know what you're serving. Like I said - food was fabulous and we will definitely return. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Worth a tripBistroVIPDined on 10/16/2013This place was recommended by our hotel staff. We went and loved it. Definitly worth a visit if you love good food.Special Features:
- After gameWKUFansDined on 9/28/2013We had a table of 16 after the WKU football game Made reservations on Open Table and added extra people by leaving voice message at Bistro PERFECT! Excellent food and friendly service Will Always return!Special Features:
- Lovely setting, great service...TeriDined on 9/28/2013Waited too long to provide specifics, but Bistro was recommended and will be now. I had escargot for an app, not a traditional presentation, but very tasty. Nice bread, wasn't drinking so, can't report on wine list or cocktails. I had cobia w/delicious sides, Steve had some beef item that was ample and we both brought home "boxes". Tasty, abundant, high quality, nice setting, incredible service, think his name was Denise, a returning Horticultural student. No complaints, look forward to returning on our next visit. Try it, you'll like it. Patio was where we sat and seemed like a quieter space, but inside was nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyWKUalumniDined on 9/22/2013Upon arrival the host said we had no reservation. I pulled up the confirmation on my cell phone. He kept repeating that I had no reservation. No I'm sorry it appears the software is not communicating, or anything that welcomed us to the venue. Made us wait and then when we entered the restaurant 75% of the table s were empty and remained empty throughout our meal. Service was very slow - 2 hours to have order taken and served. This was for brunch - again over 75% of the tables were empty. The waiter rarely showed up at the table to check in with us. I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone and I will not return to it myself.
- Great night!GoTopsDined on 9/21/2013We love the Bistro... Always great food, and great service... Wide variety of entrees, and a wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Bowling Green's finestBackAgainVIPDined on 9/21/2013As the Lexington parents of a WKU freshman, we've made several visits to Bowling Green, each time furthering our explorations of the local cuisine. We were very pleased with our meal at the Bistro. The crabmeat beignets were delicious and complemented our well made cocktails. Our butternut squash soup neared perfection. My wife and son both enjoyed their veal. Although my tuna was prepared rare, as requested, it needed to be sliced a bit thicker to be able to be properly seared without cooking the interior and its peppercorn coating was sparse. We wish we had room to sample the deserts. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionKevinDined on 9/12/2013This is a fantastic dining experience. The specials are always a treat and the regular menu will not disappoint. Service is always prompt and courteous with a customer-focused attitude. A great experience as always...Special Features: