The Bistro - Greensboro
5710 High Point Rd
Greensboro, NC 27407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebistroatadamsfarm.com/
- Phone: 3362944610
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kristina Fuller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering options are designed one on one with the Executive Chef to fit each individual need.
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 35 or more are designated the entire restaurant providing certain revenue requirements are met.
- Private Party Contact: Rhonda Fuller 3362944610
A word from The Bistro - Greensboro
The Bistro offers a casual fine dining experience in a quaint surrounding. The seasonal menu changes include fresh seafood, Certified Angus Beef and much more. This local neighborhood favorite is the perfect setting for business dinners, private events, special occasions or an evening spent with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bistro - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Martini was good. Rib appetizerGigiDined on 8/10/2013Martini was good. Rib appetizer was delicious and easily shareable. Fried chicken is a favorite and the shrimp entree was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint quality at it's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2013The food quality and taste were excellent. The staff was very attentive. The restaurant is small but worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2013Wonderful food and wonderful service. Service staff very attentive. Food in just the right quantity and high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did a search on the topOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013I did a search on the top restaurants in Greensboro and this restaurant was on the list. We were not impressed.
- Thursday night is burger night.BillKVIPDined on 7/11/2013Thursday night is burger night. We thoroughly enjoyed a scrumptious hamburger with white pimento cheese, caramelized onions and bacon. We had a choice of French fries or a small salad, we opted for the latter. This was an easy, inexpensive dinner worth checking out.Special Features:
- yumpamiDined on 6/19/2013We had the lamb lollypops that were cooked just right and were so tender. The goat cheese mixed green salad was excellent. The only disappointment was the mushy bread, but that might be a southern thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our 6th time eatingmarykmDined on 6/8/2013This was our 6th time eating at The Bistro. We are never disappointed. The food and atmosphere are fantastic. It was the perfect place to celebrate our friend's 50th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an outstanding restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/5/2013This is an outstanding restaurant. The menu is creative, and the service was excellent. They were happy to accommodate our particular food requests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time....greatMeganDined on 5/11/2013We had a wonderful time....great food, excellent service, nice environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully accommodatingKtafe54288Dined on 5/4/2013My daughter has celiac disease and the staff was wonderfully accommodating working to ensure that her dining experience was perfect on her graduation day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there. The atmosphere was very nice, the food was delicious, and the service was fantastic! We would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!NYFoodieVIPDined on 4/13/2013Our second time to the Bistro-and another wonderful visit.We found this place by chance a year ago and said we would be back. We found it again and enjoyed a lovely meal.The pho filet was unusual and outstanding.The crab cakes and lobster mac n cheese were flavorful and there was no evidence of filler or bread crumbs. nce again, the desserts all made in house were a big hit. The service is attentive yet not overbearing.This place is a real surprise once you walk thru the doors.It is located in a strip mall and some folks may hesitate but once you walk through the doors to the beautiful atmosphere and welcoming staff, you will know you made a good decision. Our only complaint - we wish we lived closer.Special Features:
- We went about 1 year ago andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013We went about 1 year ago and this time did not live up to our expectations. Food was good but not great. Menu did not seem as imaginative. A singer started to play and sing part way thru the meal and she was much too loud for the small, open seating area restaurant. It was difficult to concentrate on our table conversation. She had a nice voice; just too loud.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2013Wonderful service and great food at a very reasonable price!
- The Bistro is hidden in aTillerVIPDined on 3/5/2013The Bistro is hidden in a strip center next to a sports bar, but the food and service go way beyond what it appears to be from the street. The updated Southern comfort food menu had some very unique dishes with some of the choices having an Asian influence to the basic Southern item choice. I highly recommend The Bistro when visiting Greensboro.Special Features:
- It was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2013It was our first time dining at The Bistro and we will be back. Great menu and wine list, chef uses fun spices with some 'kick' to it. She also came out to say hello which was a nice touch. One of Greensboro's best restaurants and we are foodies and enjoy our vino! Corkage is also nice option...Special Features:
- Excellent in every respect.rowalaVIPDined on 2/20/2013Excellent in every respect. Very creative dishes. Attentive friendly service. Lobster macaroni and cheese was superb. Wednesday half price wine and beer made it even better.Special Features:
- food was wonderful as alwaysRSW1124VIPDined on 2/20/2013food was wonderful as always had the grouper wrapped i Kelp with Veggie dumplings and this is a new fave with the Lobster mac and cheese as a side...Pork chop special was a little tough for older diner but flavor and presentation were good.. I had leftover Pork chop next night and wa sgood to me... service was fantastic as always!! busy night with lots of activity so was a little loud in center but that is ok though..had a blast as always. this is one of my fave places to go in GSO for a quick bite and owner and her daughter are great people and frineds of mine!! I also rave about the bistro burger and grilled Ceasar salad. two of my other favorites..Special Features:
- Best place to propose andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Best place to propose and not get rejected :). Best dining experience ever.Special Features:
- Service & Food the way it should beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013I went with my partner for a quiet and intimate birthday dinner. I made my reservation an hour before getting there it our table was waiting on us when we walked in. The ambiance was exactly what I was looking for and the food was delicious. The server was super friendly and attentive. We didn't feel rushed while eating and will definitely visit again. The baked lobster mac and cheese was unbelievable!Special Features:
- intimate setting w fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013our first try at this place was extremely positive. the service was "just right", attentive without being cloying. the fried green tomato appetizer was amazing! Our entrees of the baby back ribs with a cherry-based glazed and the catch of the day- grilled grouper over a soba noodle mix, were absolutely delicious. ambience is intimate and romantic, do not be put off by shopping center front. we will return!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in the TriadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012This has become our favorite restaurant. We take all of out of town friends there and they come away with the same conclusion, the BEST restaurant around.Special Features:
- Great service and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Great service and great food! The lobster mac n' cheese was amazing, and the bistro burger was fantastic! Great wine pairings as well. Made for a very special date with a very special girl I hadn't seen in a long time.Special Features:
- Tried this Bistro, it wasFuntimesVIPDined on 12/19/2012Tried this Bistro, it was everything and more all the reviews stated it was. Food was super fresh, served elegantly as well as hot and fresh. Wine list was wonderful, Service was impeccable, attentive and non intrusive. We had a great table, space is limited but it was overall a Great time. Celebrated my sons friends birthday. CarolAnn loved her scallops, best ever she said, my son had the filet mignon, which he ate all of, and i write that because usually he proclaims it isnt as good as mine when he orders it out, however, that did not apply at the Bistro. I also had the filet, center cut and delicious. Apps were great, a Great evening, Desserts not to be missed!Special Features:
- Both my partner and I areKrisKimDined on 12/14/2012Both my partner and I are vegeterian. The chef was very accomodating and made a wonderful spaetzle and root vegetable dish for us. Nice experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My wife and I had dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2012My wife and I had dinner at the Bistro for a 20th anniversary and were not disappointed. This was our first visit and we were somewhat concerned with the location in a strip center beside a bar and grill, but once inside the food and atmosphere did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Second time at the BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012Second time at the Bistro - same good feeling: Good food, friendly service, not obtrusive, restaurant small enough to be intimate, a bit pricey, but for special occasion: splurge!Special Features:
- THE BEST restaurant in Greensboro.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012THE BEST restaurant in Greensboro. We go every year for our anniversary (and every once in a while in between), and it just gets better each time. The chef is truly an artist and the decor is beautiful and intimate. The staff and service is impeccable. We always leave with huge smiles on our faces.Special Features:
- Favorite Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Exceptional experience! This was our second visit to The Bistro... we travelled over an hour for the goodness of this restaurant. The staff is bar none and the food is creative and melt-in-your-mouth good. Well worth a visit, but be careful, you may find your new favorite spot!!Special Features:
- Do not miss this! Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2012We were blown away by the food and the service at The Bistro. We took a large group and were provided with a private dining space (separated from the main dining by sheer curtains). The menu and the wine list are both absolutely top notch. We were visited by the amazingly talented chef. She and her mom own the restaurant and care so much about the customers, it shows through in the service, the ambience and of course the food. I do not routinely order shrimp & grits but I have to say, these were an experience to themselves. The wine list is masterfully put together and the wine manager(also bartender I believe) is fabulous at suggesting pairings to suit any plate or palate. This is a can't-miss experience!Special Features:
- The wait staff would interruptnoneVIPDined on 10/19/2012The wait staff would interrupt conversation to "visit" when not taking orders or providing service. The sauce on the duck was overpowering. The music was not in line with the ambiance of the décor. We will not go back.
- Our table had no tableclothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Our table had no tablecloth and that is a minus Food and service was very good.Special Features:
- The Bistro is a hidden gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2012The Bistro is a hidden gem. It's tucked away in a strip mall, but inside you find a cozy, well-appointed dining room with a friendly ambiance. The seasonal menu offered delectable dishes like a lamb burger with prosciutto and a duck breast with walnut ravioli. There was a sizeable wine list, and we chose an Argentine Malbec (from Siete Fincas) to accompany our food. What was more impressive than the food and wine was the outstanding service, the personal touches. Our waiter was professional but convivial, and Rhonda and Kristina Fuller, the masterminds behind the restaurant, made a point of stopping by our table to see how we liked everything. It's clear that they have many loyal patrons, and we are now in that mix!Special Features:
- The Bistro at Adams FarmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012I had a fabulous experience at The Bistro with my mother and grandmother. I made reservations after reading great reviews about the food and service. We first ordered the sweet potato chips with pulled pork and spicy aoili. They were to die for! My mother and grandmother both went for the salmon, which was served with a stuffed rigatoni and a pea and prosciutto cream sauce topped with fried spinach. They both raved about the dish although my mother thought it was a bit rich. I ordered the lamb bolognese, which was served over rigatoni with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil. It was absolutely delicious and I was happy I ordered the large size as it was more than enough for dinner and leftovers! I highly recommend The Bistro.Special Features:
- What a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2012As an out-of-towner, I was seeking somplace to escape at the end of my workday. I found it at The Bistro. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The wine list very good and though it had some familiars, I tried a French Malbec that was yummy! Speaking of Yummy, I ate here 2 of the 4 evenings that I was in town. The Duck over sweet potatoe ravioli in fig sauce was perfect, and my second eveing I thoroughly enjoyed the salmon. Too full to try desserts but they were tempting! If you are in the area, try this place! If you live here...GO!Special Features:
- Interesting take on simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2012Interesting take on simple food, definitely worth a shot. Perfectly timed service and was glad to see the manager and waiters greeting regulars and helping out on the floor. Lots of seafood options but nothing too repetitive. Overall, great find for something low-key and tasty!Special Features:
- Great Chef and StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012I have now visited The Bistro a good half a dozen times. They do not disappoint. We shared the lobster mac & cheese appetizer. The absolute best I have ever enjoyed. My entree this particular evening was a filet cooked perfectly to med-rare and was topped with lobster and asparagus salad. This duo came on a bed of truffle pomme frites and scallions. This was a good as it gets. My companion had the pan seared duck breast special with risotto and sauteed spinach. The dish was served with a wonderful cream sauce. What a wonderful little gem of a restaurant tucked away in a strip center.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2012First time at this restaurant, will definitely go back, small but very friendly and food was very goodSpecial Features:
- First time dining for a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012First time dining for a small business meeting. From the attentive service to the great food, what a pleasant surprise! The lamb and duck were outstanding. Delicious finish with bread pudding dessert. No rush, so friendly. It was like being served by friends. We will be back!Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012The food and service were excellent!!! The Lobster mach and cheese was to die for. Prices were fair and the food was great!!! Do not be fooled when you drive up to a small mall and wonder what's inside, it was Great and the inside was warm and inviting. Its a must try spot for dinner, we came all the way from Iowa and were in the area and decided to give it a try, we were not disappointed and would go back again if in the area. Thanks for a great time the staff was excellent!!!! Thanks, DanSpecial Features: