The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
1700 55th St NE
Canton, OH 44721Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gervasivineyard.com/
- Phone: 3304971000x2
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm with our Wine Bar open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jerry Risner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Entertainment on the Piazza, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, weather permitting. May thru September.
A word from The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
Gervasi Vineyard & Italian Bistro offers Northeast Ohio a memorable destination for wine lovers, diners, families, businesses and tourists. Gervasi is one of the few special places where beauty, tradition, comfort and appreciation for wine and fresh food connect. Wine varieties are among the best in Ohio. The Gervasi Italian Bistro dinner menu ingredients are seasonally hand-selected and grown by local farmers. The property, vineyard, historic farmhouse, bistro, lake, landscapes, and the new villa project for overnight accommodations are picturesque from every view. Highlights include a marketplace specialty store, event pavilion, walking paths, outdoor dining and yard game activities for relaxation and fun. We do have a community table and upstairs lounge area available for walk-ins as well, with the full menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard reviews from OpenTable diners
420 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (352)scenic view (288)romantic (285)notable wine list (231)great for outdoor dining (185)good for groups (176)fit for foodies (173)neighborhood gem (119)hot spot (86)great for lunch (81)great for brunch (47)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We've been to Gervasi's many times. The only complain I have is that I find the wait service most times to be a bit inexperienced although very polite. But our kudo's on the food service. Always excellent and that is why we always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Eight of us had a delicious Sunday lunch. Gervasi was very accommodating. Our 93 years-young Mom was with us, she has difficulty with stairs, they had no problem seating us on the main level. Our appetizers and dinners were delicious!😊 I highly recommend the duck breast appetizer and the short rib dinner. No knife needed. We had two wonderful, attentive servers. Would be happy to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMU RAIDERSThisIsMyTownVIPDined on 10/19/2014Wow! The Bistro is a beautiful restaurant with excellent food, wine, and service. We had lunch at the Bistro this past Sunday to celebrate our son's 21 birthday. We asked for and got the window table with the spectacular view of the lake. White swans included...! We couldn't have it picked a better restaurant. We're from California and have been to Napa many times. Gervasi Vineyard is a very special place! Looked and felt like we were in Napa, but this is actually Northeastern Ohio! Just a wonderful place. I highly recommend it for a special occasion or just a romantic get away from it all! My family and I can't wait for the next opportunity to dine at the Bistro. Maybe in December after light snow fall! Go Raiders...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.....great servicebigchief44Dined on 10/18/2014Absolutely excellent food, and environment.....I will recommend every I see to this place.....great great great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being your cameraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Such a beautiful outdoor setting. They now have two restaurants on the property with a 10 walk between. Would definitely plan on taking the walk to enjoy the views. Food was good as expected for this type of venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Sweetest day nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Thoroughly enjoyable evening with another couple. Antipasto appetizer was a bit skimpy on the meat portion but otherwise enjoyable. Entrees and wine pairing was good. Two of us had the pasta with scallops and shrimp -- cooked perfectly! My friend had the salmon and my wife had the short ribs, which she is still raving about. I personally thought the Sicilian salad did not have much dressing or seasoning but my wife was fine with it. The deserts were fine also terramisu (sp) and coffee full bodied which I expect of a restaurant of this caliber. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with FriendsdineinpeaceDined on 10/18/2014The Bristro never fails to give us an excellant dining experiance.Special Features:
- FantasticRJ114Dined on 10/17/2014Fantastic experience. Food was wonderful. Service top noticed. A truly please dinning experience.Special Features:
- Gervasi ReviewbgottsabDined on 10/16/2014The Bistro at Gervasi is a wonderful place. We have always been impressed by the attention to detail in all aspects of the dining experience. However, on our last visit, the table arrangements were a real problem. We had a group of 8, celebrating my mother's 80th birthday. The long group tables were much too close together - the wait staff had an almost impossible job of serving between the tables. And the party next to us was extremely loud and noisy - which made for a very unsatisfying experience - we were unable to have a conversation. I hope that Gervasi management will make efforts to remedy this situation.Special Features:
- Amazing place to dine!tonyfromrenoDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is located next to a small lake in a wine vineyard, so the views are incredible. Our dining experience was outstanding. The food was delicious, cooked to perfection. The staff was very nice and the service was great. Our waiter was excellent, taking care of us throughout dinner. We ordered the meat and cheese plate for an appetizer, she had the caesar salad and short ribs, and I had the ribeye steak that was their special that night. Peanut butter cheesecake was dessert. All that was a lot of food for us, and everything we had was superb. Our favorite wine was the cabernet. We had a bottle for dinner, and took one home. This is a fine dining restaurant, and for us, a place we will go to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutMfulton30Dined on 10/15/2014We treated ourselves to a wonderful dinner at the Bistro at Gervasi. All the food was fantastic and the portions very generous. The rib-eye was very tender and delicious. The manicotti tasted homemade, the shredded brussel sprouts divine. Our server recommended the Peanut Butter Mousse Torta for dessert and it was the perfect finish to our perfect dinner. I also tried a flight of 3 wines, and found Ciao Bella to be my favorite. I even bought a bottle to take home from the gift shop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Excellent food.Excellent service. Top of the line in dining experience. I would recommend the Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard to anyone who is looking for an above average dining experience complete with beautiful landscaping and first class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Winery & RestaurantFoodie81Dined on 10/12/2014This is by far the best restaurant in the Akron/Canton area. Incredible food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to what they do best!Luv2eatDined on 10/12/2014My family went to the Bistro for my husband's birthday celebration. Overall, the meals tasted good, but it was not cheap ($175/4 adults and we don't drink). Our waiter was a bit flighty forgetting things. We ordered two 16 oz. ribeye dinners and the steaks were mediocre, overcooked, doubtful a 16 oz. cut and not worth the $38 a piece. The pizza meal was great and short ribs were very good, although a bit fatty. No appetizers, but dessert was outstanding! We will go back, but will stick to ordering the Italian food - more economical for one. This is our second visit and the first time, the food and service were outstanding. Grounds are beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were excellent. Unfortunately, the wine just isn't that good. A full liquor license might be helpful.
- Beautiful!luvwineDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time to Gervasi and we loved everything about it ~ the vineyard as we entered, The Marketplace, the lake, the patio, the Tuscan colors of the suites and the brick walk. It was all very beautiful and romantic which was wonderful since we were celebrating our anniversary. We loved the wine bar where Moscato quickly became our favorite. The food was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend Gervasi, and actually already have. We are hoping to return this winter and reserve a table by the cozy fireplace! Thank you so much for making our anniversary so special. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch... and wine!HikerGuyDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere, very good service, delicious food and great wine. Recommend the stuffed peppers appetizer and wood-fired pizza. And did I mention wine. Planning to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyablegarycathDined on 10/11/2014While we were a little slow sitting down they more than made up with it in service and taste. This is one of our favorite spots. Certainly impressed our neighbor's and in-laws.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The Bistro is a wonderful place to dine especially if you are celebrating a special occasion. The food is wonderful and the servers are very attentive. This was our second visit there and we will definitely be back! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTwiggyMDined on 10/9/2014We brought our family to Gervasi Bistro to celebrate our daughter's 18th birthday. The evening was perfect! We were thrilled with the attention to detail by the staff and the food. Our table, by the stone fireplace, provided the perfect atmosphere! Thank you!Special Features:
- LOVED THE BISTRO.vldm32Dined on 10/8/2014This was my first time going to the Bistro and it was amazing. I definitely plan to return in the near future. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. My fiancé and I were celebrating our four year anniversary and we told the waitress that when she asked if we were celebrating anything. When she brought out our dessert, the chef came out to meet us and happy anniversary was written in dark chocolate on our dessert plate. I had a WONDERFUL time!!!Special Features:
- SpecialBirthday59Dined on 10/7/2014We had such a special evening. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. Nicole took care of our every need. Food was excellent and our table by the large windows was perfect. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatherineDined on 10/7/2014Dining at Gervasi is always special.......delicious food presented well with excellent service.Special Features:
- Excellent!timanddonnaDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a wonderful meal with family, celebrating a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeleeDined on 10/5/2014We love going to this place, the ambiance is beautiful. Half of our table got the pork tenderloin and the other half including myself got the beef short ribs. The beef was so tender you didn't need the knife you were given to cut them with. The shaved Brussels sprouts were wonderful as well as the parmesan potatoes. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu items, and kept checking to make sure we had everything we needed. Definitely a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard S 1960loveitalyDined on 10/4/2014The service was inpectable,Dan was a outstanding waiter , he was very informative about the menu,suggested great choices for our menu. The Bistro has amazing food, ambiance, friendly staff.I would recommend it to everyone. It was our anniversary and Dan brought out a dessert for us ,He was awesome! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014We all had a great time. I think it is a special occasion place, only because we live an hour away. It was cold the day we went so outdoor dining was not an option. Food was good, wine was good, service was good. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFoodLoveAffairDined on 10/4/2014Gervasi is a brilliant dining experience! Hidden in Canton, OH, you would not believe the beautiful and breathtaking view. The bistro is perfect for that special occasion when you want to impress someone with a unique and memorable experience. This place is a must see! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinnersonmeDined on 10/3/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here with some friends. Dinner was excellent. The wine was Delicious and the service was great. Highly recommend this restaurant. I will definitely back!Special Features:
- Outstanding !!TamiDined on 10/1/2014This place was so cute and everyone was so friendly ! They had that little Italian charm and so romantic ! Definitely would love to make this place my wedding venue in the future !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food...slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/201425th wedding anniversary stay with dinner. During reservation I asked for a nice table because of the anniversary and we were seated in the basement, next to a wall in the corner, and next to a party of three guys on a business trip. Just had greater expectations and they fell way short.Special Features:
- DKRSALDined on 10/1/2014HEARD MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT. HAD TO COME. GIRLS NIGHT OUT. ALL FOUR OF US HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- Ohio's Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014A hidden Gem! Planing our next trip back with friends. Seriously a treasure! Absolutely Love It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible seating but great serverFoodjunky23Dined on 9/30/2014Went for anniversary but very disappointed we got stuck in a back corner table. Not busy and plenty of other tables. Felt seating was badly set up. Look of restaurant was great but only noticed as we walked to our seats. After that all we saw was table of people next to us and the corners of the walls around us. Food was great and server Nick was fantastic.
- Great Birthday dinnerluvwineDined on 9/28/2014The setting is beautiful! The food was very good. The wine that they make was high quality. Highly reccomendSpecial Features:
- 4 StarsGVdate2879Dined on 9/28/2014Beautiful surroundings. Excellent service. Very friendly. Food is delicious. I do wish they would change the menu selections a little more often, I kind of tired of short ribs. Maybe offer more seafood and chicken entrees (lemon & herb chicken under a brick) ? Maybe prime rib?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An anticipated experienceselective1Dined on 9/28/2014All of the Gervasi Vineyard is a treat to see and experience. The food at the Bistro is very well prepared and served. It was pleasant to see a menu that offered much to choice from but didn't require more than a page to present. We were offered 2 menu specials, not a list! The portions are not so overwhelming that you feel full before you start eating and very well priced. The atmosphere was inviting and quiet enough that we could talk and not hear the other guests conversations. There is a good selection of wines to accompany the meals. We ordered the short ribs (rich gravy and tender!) and that evening's special, swordfish, both were amazingly good! Our fav. desserts are the signature gelato trio and tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFrequentDinerDined on 9/28/2014We've been here a few times now and the service and food was once again very goodSpecial Features:
- Simply Spectacularbistro4lifeDined on 9/28/2014Last year during the Gervasi Wine Festival, we stumbled upon the Bistro. We were thrilled to be seated on the main floor with the sun shining in and the delicious wine and menu. The pizzas and pierogi appetizer were both delectable. Our table finished with the Hazelnut Brownie and Vanilla Gelato dessert--absolutely unforgettable. This year during the festival, we knew we had to return to the Bistro. We made reservations and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Our waitress was kind, knowledgeable about the menu, and full of energy. The food was remarkable--pierogies and pizza were on our table again, and I tried the Frutta Tritata Salad...it left me speechless. We'll be back next year.Special Features:
- loved it!foodloverDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Gervasi and we absolutely loved it! the wine was fantastic, the restaurant itself was beautiful and rustic, and the food was amazing! Our server was attentive and very knowledgeable about the wines and pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.