The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
1700 55th St NE
Canton, OH 44721Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gervasivineyard.com/
- Phone: 3304971000x2
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm with our Wine Bar open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jerry Risner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Entertainment on the Piazza, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, weather permitting. May thru September.
A word from The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
Gervasi Vineyard & Italian Bistro offers Northeast Ohio a memorable destination for wine lovers, diners, families, businesses and tourists. Gervasi is one of the few special places where beauty, tradition, comfort and appreciation for wine and fresh food connect. Wine varieties are among the best in Ohio. The Gervasi Italian Bistro dinner menu ingredients are seasonally hand-selected and grown by local farmers. The property, vineyard, historic farmhouse, bistro, lake, landscapes, and the new villa project for overnight accommodations are picturesque from every view. Highlights include a marketplace specialty store, event pavilion, walking paths, outdoor dining and yard game activities for relaxation and fun. We do have a community table and upstairs lounge area available for walk-ins as well, with the full menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard reviews from OpenTable diners
420 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (356)scenic view (303)romantic (297)notable wine list (231)great for outdoor dining (213)good for groups (185)fit for foodies (171)neighborhood gem (111)hot spot (85)great for lunch (72)great for brunch (42)kid-friendly (31)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (29)Show More
- Great anniversary spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrated our 5th anniversary in the bistro at Gervasi. Everything was deliciously conceived and prepared. Atmosphere is outstanding in this renovated barn. Lots of options for entree, appetizers, salads, and wine. We will definitely celebrate here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The food is always great the wine fabulous and the wait staff cute. Great dinner!Special Features:
- Gervasi getting too big too fastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Been here multiple times over the years and must say that the quality of service and food seems to be going downhill as Gervasi expands. Will think twice before returning, food quality is average at best despite once being outstandingly delicious and very much worth talking about.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Everything was wonderful. The place was beautiful (Bistro) The waiter was magnificent. The food was very good. I have already recommended this to some people. Thank you for a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Best winery in OhioTopsDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I visited over a dozen wineries in the state this year. This one blows all others out of the water. Gorgeous view with spectacular architecture and charm - with great wine too.Special Features:
- Fabulous!JewelDined on 9/14/2014This was our second time dining there. The food, wine and atmosphere was incredible. It was so cozy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was the first time dinning here. I heard about the Bristol at Gervasi Vineyard through a friend. I was not disappointed. Food was great and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not the normBakerfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have visited here regularly since the start and for the first time we left disappointed. Our server seemed inexperienced(distracted and slow), the kitchen burnt our bread and the pork chop was too salty and cooked differently than before. It was an evening to celebrate with friends we had not seen in six months and expectations for the experience did not complement the evening but rather took away from it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GervasiCantonwasalongwayDined on 9/13/2014Overall restaurant was great. Wine isn't the best . Would def go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Very accomodating menu for diet conscious people. Best gluten free dining experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014we had a excellent dining experience good food and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!Natalie221Dined on 9/11/2014My family and friends went to Gervasi for dinner for the first time the other day and it was AWESOME! The service was great! All the employees were very friendly and accommodating! Great for wine-o's :) the food was amazing! Very, very beautiful atmosphere! I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingtoobaa72Dined on 9/11/2014My date's food arrived about 5 minites after mine because of a mix up with a big party downstairs. So what do they do? They givr her a FREE short rib while she waited for her meal! All three dishes were amazing! Afterwards we recieved a complementary aniversery dessert! She was so glad we went, and so was I. Guys and gals, take your significant other, or soon to be, here for the best dinner of your life!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerFAALAADined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had a beautiful dinner Thursday, Sept. 11, 2014 at Gervasi. The food was by far, excellent!! The service was wonderful thanks to our great server Ruby and the atmosphere is something very special. During this past summer we've visited the outside venue a number of times but this was our first dinner inside this summer, (we've dined inside previous years....and loved it also). When we want to enjoy a very special occasion our "go to" place is definitely GERVASI!! Thank you for bringing such an outstanding Restaurant/Bistro/Winery to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSclwkrDined on 9/10/2014Extraordinary food, atmosphere and food. The ribeye and sea bass were well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite PlaceLauraHickmanDined on 9/10/2014I love Gervasi. Every time I go there I get a true fine dining experience. The staff is helpful and extremely courteous. The food is out of this world! I can't say enough good things about it. The short ribs are a must have! I try to bring my friends here whenever possible so that they can experience what a truly wonderful meal out can be. The Piazza is fabulous! Have dined there a couple times with family and friends. Fantastic menu on both seatings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely overall experience!EpicuriousDined on 9/9/2014Server and her knowledge were exemplary. Three of four dishes were way below expectations. One was very good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was very nice. We have been to Italy and it was very similar. Our waiter was great and even had our dessert designed for our anniversary. The food was good, but a little pricey so we wouldn't do this very often. The grounds were beautiful and the hostess's were very friendly.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Dream Come TrueGlutenFree123Dined on 9/9/2014Not only is this place amazing in itself, but they have so much to offer the gluten intolerant client. Bread, pizza, and homemade pasta available on any pasta dish! We ate 3 meals here and I never felt like I missed out on any of the great dishes I often must skip. they were very helpful and accommodating. It was a real treat!Special Features:
- Ohio CharmerDecafpleaseDined on 9/9/2014Our fifth visit did not leave my wife and I disappointed. The ambiance, view of the grounds from our window side table, and our menu choices lived up to our expectations based on our very favorable past experiences. My wife and I were celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary. A very nice touch was that the waitress arranged for a nicely decorated desert plate with the words "Happy Anniversary" beautifully scripted in chocolate. The only negative was that despite our best efforts, we could not secure a cup of coffee to enjoy with our desert as we closed off our evening.Special Features:
- Great 1st ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Our party of 3 was really impressed by how beautiful the property was. Our meal in the Bistro was delicious and the service was attentive but not overly so. We had a lovely evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Ladies' birthday dinner4merislandladyDined on 9/7/2014A small group of ladies went out for a birthday late lunch/early dinner. Food was fabulous and two of us had been there before and wanted to show off the place to our friends. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We have dined at the Vineyard on numerous occasions and have always had excellent service and food. This time we arrived at our appointed reservation time and had to wait for approximately 20 to 25 minutes for our table of 6. There is no waiting area except a small bench at the front doors which is a high traffic area. There was no room in the bar so we stood and waited to be seated. When we were finally seated the balance of the evening was just fine. Good service, food and wine.Special Features:
- Nice Evening OutHungryinAkronDined on 9/6/2014Had a nice evening out with wife and another couple. Good food, great wine, and reasonable prices. We almost ordered from the dinner specials that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated in the dungeonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We walked in to the Bistro to beautiful windows with a wide open view and then we were taken down a set us stairs into a dungeon. We had the worst seats in the building. The food, wine and service was amazing but we paid A LOT of money for terrible seats!Special Features:
- Impressed!Luv2dineDined on 9/6/2014My husband & I went to Gervasi to celebrate our 27th anniversary. This was our first visit but certainly won't be our last. We were greatly impressed by the whole experience. Our waitress and all of the staff we encountered were very pleasant and accommodating. We ate at the Bistro and also visited the Crush House & Marketplace while we were there. The property is gorgeous with fabulous views everywhere. We loved the rustic decor and plan to come back soon to experience the patio setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything you expect and moreYoungnFitDined on 9/5/2014Gervasi is gorgeous, the entire "campus" is a wonder in itself, and I arrived later in the evening when the surroundings were coated in darkness. Everything - the architecture, staff, decor, and (especially) the food and wine were above and beyond what one might expect. Truly the go-to-place for a special occasion or event. We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularSisterhoodnightsDined on 9/5/2014The food, ambiance, and service were wonderful. We weren't rushed, and our waiter was awesome. It was a tad warm inside, and a bit noisy. Our entire group wants to go back to try different foods on the menu and to walk the grounds as we didn't have time to do so. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!goingbackformoreDined on 9/5/2014From the moment drive into this establishment it becomes an experience of the senses. The grounds are varied and beautiful at every turn. The Bistro serves some of the best Italian dishes around. Everyone in our party of four raved about the taste and texture of their meal. Loved the wine. There was a wedding taking place on the spacious grounds which only added to ambiance. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DinnerPoolmanDined on 9/5/2014We were sat in the small stone room down stairs the acoustics Were very bad in that room which somewhat diminished the enjoyable Evening we had planned, however the food was excellent as it was Before when we dined there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome waiter! Awesome wine!lovewine2Dined on 9/5/2014Our waiter was awesome! He helped us with our choices for appetizers and dinner. Sea Bass was great, but the sauce was just a little salty. (and I love salty foods...) We requested a table (not in the middle of the restaurant), which they accommodated! Wine was fabulous!Special Features:
- wonderful food fantastic atmosphereArchiezDined on 9/5/2014A great place for Two people to spend a private Dinner Or for a big group to enjoy a new culinary experience. A great place to enjoy wine and a few good friends! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014This was our first time here and can't believe we waited this long to come. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Dr.Rita and Dennis KleinAkronPairDined on 9/3/2014Our evening dinner experience was superb, I’m still ranting and raving about the food and service we received. We had heard a great deal about the Bistro at Gervasi from friends and relatives, you definitely lived up to our expectation. We are looking forward to our next visit. Keep up the great service.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 9/2/2014We went to the Bistro for our anniversary. Our 4th time there, the Bistro again did not disappoint. We both enjoyed wine, Involtini and Manzo Italiano, topped off with coffee with Frangelica, and gelato on a "Happy Anniversary" plate. Nice touch. Our server (Robyn) was fantastic. We will definitely return again.Special Features:
- 21st Birthday!momof3Dined on 9/2/2014My daughter wanted to go with her family to dinner for her 21st birthday. We decided to go here as my husband and I have been before. The food was fabulous (and the lobster mashed potatoes were DELICIOUS!). We found a wine she liked and bought her a bottle. The staff was wonderful. We walked around the grounds -- everything is absolutely beautiful! We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- A great evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014The buildings and grounds are just beautiful. We found a spot outside to enjoy some wine before our dinner reservation. Then we found the bistro to be a great experience--the food was delicious. I can't wait to get back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was not bad but nothing notable. The wine was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014ambience is great food is awful terrible service mediocre wine was decentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually happy - not this timeKadydogDined on 8/31/2014We have eaten here numerous times but I was very disappointed the other night. I ordered a salad and added shrimp. My meal was $20.00 but I had a tiny salad on one side of the plate and 5 nice size shrimp on the other. I suppose I should have asked ahead of time what the meal would look like -- I was hoping for a nice big salad with shrimp mixed in!Special Features: