The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
1700 55th St NE
Canton, OH 44721Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gervasivineyard.com/
- Phone: 3304971000x2
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm with our Wine Bar open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jerry Risner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Entertainment on the Piazza, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, weather permitting. May thru September.
A word from The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
Gervasi Vineyard & Italian Bistro offers Northeast Ohio a memorable destination for wine lovers, diners, families, businesses and tourists. Gervasi is one of the few special places where beauty, tradition, comfort and appreciation for wine and fresh food connect. Wine varieties are among the best in Ohio. The Gervasi Italian Bistro dinner menu ingredients are seasonally hand-selected and grown by local farmers. The property, vineyard, historic farmhouse, bistro, lake, landscapes, and the new villa project for overnight accommodations are picturesque from every view. Highlights include a marketplace specialty store, event pavilion, walking paths, outdoor dining and yard game activities for relaxation and fun. We do have a community table and upstairs lounge area available for walk-ins as well, with the full menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard reviews from OpenTable diners
421 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (355)scenic view (299)romantic (296)notable wine list (231)great for outdoor dining (208)good for groups (186)fit for foodies (174)neighborhood gem (113)hot spot (88)great for lunch (76)great for brunch (45)vibrant bar scene (33)kid-friendly (30)late-night find (29)Show More
- 4 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Beautiful surroundings. Excellent service. Very friendly. Food is delicious. I do wish they would change the menu selections a little more often, I kind of tired of short ribs. Maybe offer more seafood and chicken entrees (lemon & herb chicken under a brick) ? Maybe prime rib?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFrequentDinerDined on 9/28/2014We've been here a few times now and the service and food was once again very goodSpecial Features:
- loved it!foodloverDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Gervasi and we absolutely loved it! the wine was fantastic, the restaurant itself was beautiful and rustic, and the food was amazing! Our server was attentive and very knowledgeable about the wines and pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningKnjnightoutDined on 9/26/2014An excellent dining experience marred only by over cooked shrimp in one of our main dishes. Otherwise a great time from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoubleLDined on 9/26/2014This is a superior place to dine. It's a top-spot in the area and worth the drive from anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningTimeoutfordiningDined on 9/26/2014We love dining at Gervasis. It makes any occasion "special." Wait staff is very attentive, food is delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDagoRedDined on 9/25/2014Service was a little slow. Maybe due to the additional activity in the patio, which also caused parking delay. Also requested a table with a view by the window but when I arrived was told that they were unable to provide. Made the reservation several weeks in advance hoping for romantic visit. Meal was delicious wine was terrific and waiter was pleasant. Happy overall with experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeBlueTentDined on 9/25/2014This is a hidden gem that makes you feel like your at a resort away from civilization. We always love coming back and never leave disappointed.Special Features:
- Definitely a FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014First off, Gervasi always makes us feel welcomed. We dine here frequently, each time being provided with excellent meals, good service and a pleasant experience. Gervasi has beautiful landscaped grounds and has converted an old barn into a rustic masterpiece which is the restaurant itself. The overall ambiance feels like a lovely vacation resort winery, not something you would normally find in this area. (You may also purchase gifts and wine at their market next door) Valet parking and handicap accessibility is provided. I'd recommend that you make your reservations early as they book up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EaterDined on 9/24/2014First time there went for anniversary and the service was exceptional and the food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly A Great Place to DineTKottDined on 9/23/2014The food was delicious and the service was wonderful at the Bistro at Gervasi Vineyards. This was a perfect place to take my wife for her birthday. Very scenic areas surrounding the Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Im always sceptical of reviews written by random people, wondering if they are fabricated by friends of the establishment under scrutiny. This review is absolutely the real deal by an actual customer. My wife and I have been to the Gervasi Vinyard Bistro two times now with different guests. The food is outstanding, service exceptional and very warm atmosphere suitable for an evening of fine dining or a romantic meal. The grounds are spectacular and so enjoyable to walk before or after the repast. Afterwards we even played a quick round of Bocce Ball. We will be back for numerous occasions in the future. Compliments to the ownership and management of this great dining venue! Thoroughly enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great anniversary spot.Tnek4230Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrated our 5th anniversary in the bistro at Gervasi. Everything was deliciously conceived and prepared. Atmosphere is outstanding in this renovated barn. Lots of options for entree, appetizers, salads, and wine. We will definitely celebrate here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb dining experiencefoodcasanovasDined on 9/19/2014We went for an anniversary and the high quality of the food, the wine, the service, and friendliness of the staff made a special nignt also a very memorable one. We even sent a note to the chef we were so pleased with our meal. We began the night with a wine tasting paired with your fabulous cheese and sausage appetizer. Our meals, one salmon and one Chilean cod, were done to perfection and complemented with creative and scrumptous accompaniments. The gellato trio was an ideal end to a fabulous meal. We will definitely drive the distance from Delaware, Ohio to come again and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The food is always great the wine fabulous and the wait staff cute. Great dinner!Special Features:
- Am I still in Canton Ohio?WonderfulDined on 9/19/2014When I visit GV I feel like I am much further away from home especially on nice weather days! Food is delicious and GV grounds are absolutely lovely!Special Features:
- Gervasi getting too big too fastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Been here multiple times over the years and must say that the quality of service and food seems to be going downhill as Gervasi expands. Will think twice before returning, food quality is average at best despite once being outstandingly delicious and very much worth talking about.
- CallieDined on 9/16/2014Everything was wonderful. The place was beautiful (Bistro) The waiter was magnificent. The food was very good. I have already recommended this to some people. Thank you for a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Best winery in OhioTopsDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I visited over a dozen wineries in the state this year. This one blows all others out of the water. Gorgeous view with spectacular architecture and charm - with great wine too.Special Features:
- Fabulous!JewelDined on 9/14/2014This was our second time dining there. The food, wine and atmosphere was incredible. It was so cozy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was the first time dinning here. I heard about the Bristol at Gervasi Vineyard through a friend. I was not disappointed. Food was great and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not the normBakerfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have visited here regularly since the start and for the first time we left disappointed. Our server seemed inexperienced(distracted and slow), the kitchen burnt our bread and the pork chop was too salty and cooked differently than before. It was an evening to celebrate with friends we had not seen in six months and expectations for the experience did not complement the evening but rather took away from it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GervasiCantonwasalongwayDined on 9/13/2014Overall restaurant was great. Wine isn't the best . Would def go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Very accomodating menu for diet conscious people. Best gluten free dining experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014we had a excellent dining experience good food and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!Natalie221Dined on 9/11/2014My family and friends went to Gervasi for dinner for the first time the other day and it was AWESOME! The service was great! All the employees were very friendly and accommodating! Great for wine-o's :) the food was amazing! Very, very beautiful atmosphere! I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingtoobaa72Dined on 9/11/2014My date's food arrived about 5 minites after mine because of a mix up with a big party downstairs. So what do they do? They givr her a FREE short rib while she waited for her meal! All three dishes were amazing! Afterwards we recieved a complementary aniversery dessert! She was so glad we went, and so was I. Guys and gals, take your significant other, or soon to be, here for the best dinner of your life!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerFAALAADined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had a beautiful dinner Thursday, Sept. 11, 2014 at Gervasi. The food was by far, excellent!! The service was wonderful thanks to our great server Ruby and the atmosphere is something very special. During this past summer we've visited the outside venue a number of times but this was our first dinner inside this summer, (we've dined inside previous years....and loved it also). When we want to enjoy a very special occasion our "go to" place is definitely GERVASI!! Thank you for bringing such an outstanding Restaurant/Bistro/Winery to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSclwkrDined on 9/10/2014Extraordinary food, atmosphere and food. The ribeye and sea bass were well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite PlaceLauraHickmanDined on 9/10/2014I love Gervasi. Every time I go there I get a true fine dining experience. The staff is helpful and extremely courteous. The food is out of this world! I can't say enough good things about it. The short ribs are a must have! I try to bring my friends here whenever possible so that they can experience what a truly wonderful meal out can be. The Piazza is fabulous! Have dined there a couple times with family and friends. Fantastic menu on both seatings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely overall experience!EpicuriousDined on 9/9/2014Server and her knowledge were exemplary. Three of four dishes were way below expectations. One was very good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was very nice. We have been to Italy and it was very similar. Our waiter was great and even had our dessert designed for our anniversary. The food was good, but a little pricey so we wouldn't do this very often. The grounds were beautiful and the hostess's were very friendly.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Dream Come TrueGlutenFree123Dined on 9/9/2014Not only is this place amazing in itself, but they have so much to offer the gluten intolerant client. Bread, pizza, and homemade pasta available on any pasta dish! We ate 3 meals here and I never felt like I missed out on any of the great dishes I often must skip. they were very helpful and accommodating. It was a real treat!Special Features:
- Ohio CharmerDecafpleaseDined on 9/9/2014Our fifth visit did not leave my wife and I disappointed. The ambiance, view of the grounds from our window side table, and our menu choices lived up to our expectations based on our very favorable past experiences. My wife and I were celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary. A very nice touch was that the waitress arranged for a nicely decorated desert plate with the words "Happy Anniversary" beautifully scripted in chocolate. The only negative was that despite our best efforts, we could not secure a cup of coffee to enjoy with our desert as we closed off our evening.Special Features:
- Great 1st ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Our party of 3 was really impressed by how beautiful the property was. Our meal in the Bistro was delicious and the service was attentive but not overly so. We had a lovely evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Ladies' birthday dinner4merislandladyDined on 9/7/2014A small group of ladies went out for a birthday late lunch/early dinner. Food was fabulous and two of us had been there before and wanted to show off the place to our friends. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We have dined at the Vineyard on numerous occasions and have always had excellent service and food. This time we arrived at our appointed reservation time and had to wait for approximately 20 to 25 minutes for our table of 6. There is no waiting area except a small bench at the front doors which is a high traffic area. There was no room in the bar so we stood and waited to be seated. When we were finally seated the balance of the evening was just fine. Good service, food and wine.Special Features:
- Nice Evening OutHungryinAkronDined on 9/6/2014Had a nice evening out with wife and another couple. Good food, great wine, and reasonable prices. We almost ordered from the dinner specials that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated in the dungeonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We walked in to the Bistro to beautiful windows with a wide open view and then we were taken down a set us stairs into a dungeon. We had the worst seats in the building. The food, wine and service was amazing but we paid A LOT of money for terrible seats!Special Features:
- Impressed!Luv2dineDined on 9/6/2014My husband & I went to Gervasi to celebrate our 27th anniversary. This was our first visit but certainly won't be our last. We were greatly impressed by the whole experience. Our waitress and all of the staff we encountered were very pleasant and accommodating. We ate at the Bistro and also visited the Crush House & Marketplace while we were there. The property is gorgeous with fabulous views everywhere. We loved the rustic decor and plan to come back soon to experience the patio setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.