The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
1700 55th St NE
Canton, OH 44721Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gervasivineyard.com/
- Phone: 3304971000x2
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm with our Wine Bar open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jerry Risner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Entertainment on the Piazza, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, weather permitting. May thru September.
A word from The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
Gervasi Vineyard & Italian Bistro offers Northeast Ohio a memorable destination for wine lovers, diners, families, businesses and tourists. Gervasi is one of the few special places where beauty, tradition, comfort and appreciation for wine and fresh food connect. Wine varieties are among the best in Ohio. The Gervasi Italian Bistro dinner menu ingredients are seasonally hand-selected and grown by local farmers. The property, vineyard, historic farmhouse, bistro, lake, landscapes, and the new villa project for overnight accommodations are picturesque from every view. Highlights include a marketplace specialty store, event pavilion, walking paths, outdoor dining and yard game activities for relaxation and fun. We do have a community table and upstairs lounge area available for walk-ins as well, with the full menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard reviews from OpenTable diners
418 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (349)romantic (284)scenic view (281)notable wine list (227)fit for foodies (181)great for outdoor dining (180)good for groups (179)neighborhood gem (124)hot spot (85)great for lunch (79)great for brunch (42)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014drove up from pittsburgh for our daughters 40th bday. food is pretty consistant. service is always great. love the atmosphere!Special Features:
- lovely environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Gervasi is a hidden gem, although it seems many have found it. Great food, charming waitstaff and lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and foodBr426Dined on 10/25/2014First time at Gervasi and it was more than expected! Enjoyable experience! Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service not up to parBarbDined on 10/25/2014We dined with friends on Saturday 10/25. it was the first time our friends came with us. The food was good. The service was not up to the standards of previous visits. We came from the Crush House, where we stopped for a drink before dinner. We brough some drinks with us. This did not sit well with our server. I don't like that they push you to order wine before bringing the dinner menus. Sometimes your beverage of choice may depend on what you order for dinner. One person in our party did not order a drink. No one ever refilled water glasses. The food was very good, the ambiance was a bit lacking (but our table was not as bad as the table next to us. They were stuck right next to the fireplace.)Special Features:
- Excellent Choice! Great Value!BJS42Dined on 10/24/2014We have been to the Bistro at Gervasi before, and this was my husband's first choice for his BD dinner. My husband is a very good chef; so eating out is sometimes a challenge for an enjoyable meal. Food at the Bistro is fun and different and tasty. We had a flight of 3 red wines at the bar before dinner which helped us decide what bottle we should order. In fact, the wine was so good that we bought two more to take home. Service previously and this time was excellent. Servers are personable and helpful. Pricing is VERY reasonable for a high-end meal, much better than Cleveland or Akron. We live in Silver Lake (Stow) and find the 30-minute drive reasonable for a really good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Gervasis is just simply a must for anyone!!! It is beautiful, wine is wonderful, food is amazing and the staff and environment is just so wonderful!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere but think the bottles of wine are a little too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7SeasVIPDined on 10/24/2014Visiting from Chicago this is a nice option in Canton. However for the price point, I was expecting a bit more selection and food. The Di Mare which title suggests seafood was minuscule on the scallops and mussels. Three paltry mussels and 4 tiny scallops over an excessive amount of creamy heavy risotto. Again minuscule on the spinach and heavy on the cream on the risotto. My husband's meal of salmon was good. The salads were good. We most likely try a newer restaurant when we return to canton vs returning here. We ve had better meals previously here. I am curious about the new restaurant they are opening in November 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Great AtmosphereNatefromPghDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary here. Food was amazing. Service was top notch. Portions were just right. Prices were very reasonable! You can't go wrong! We will be back.Special Features:
- Best of the best!!!Love2eatDined on 10/24/2014Gervasis Vineyard is a long time favorite of my wife and I. We have gone, just the two of us for dinner, we've gone for hanging outdoors, we've gone we family for special occasions as well as friends for a night out. If you haven't been there, you have no idea what your missing. The food is SO good! The overall environment is second to none! Gervasi's does it right!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014have eaten here before but outside on the patio. first time at the Bistro. Was surprised to be taken downstairs for seating, high windows and dark room. somewhat crowded and cramped space. new server was very nervous and inattentive. trainer very competent. food was high end and delicious. restaurant needs more upstairs and window seating for people to enjoy the views the winery is famous for. now i know to ask for one of those 2 window tables. you should too!Special Features:
- WonderfulFancyfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Had a very tasty and fresh dinner on our 27 th anniversary; glad for it and hope to return this season -- Nothing beats the short rib and vegetables! Scallops and shrimp over pasta was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is devine, the wine is supurb and the ambiance is gorgeous. Do bring a jacket. It gets chilly unless you're near the fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites...LindseyGrapesDined on 10/21/2014We love going to Gervasi Vineyard, especially to celebrate a special occasion. The staff is wonderful and well trained. The food is always up to our expectations and the ambiance is warm and comfortable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We brought a first-time guest, who loved Gervasi. The service was wonderful, as was the food.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We've been to Gervasi's many times. The only complain I have is that I find the wait service most times to be a bit inexperienced although very polite. But our kudo's on the food service. Always excellent and that is why we always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchFoodieforeverDined on 10/19/2014Eight of us had a delicious Sunday lunch. Gervasi was very accommodating. Our 93 years-young Mom was with us, she has difficulty with stairs, they had no problem seating us on the main level. Our appetizers and dinners were delicious!😊 I highly recommend the duck breast appetizer and the short rib dinner. No knife needed. We had two wonderful, attentive servers. Would be happy to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMU RAIDERSThisIsMyTownVIPDined on 10/19/2014Wow! The Bistro is a beautiful restaurant with excellent food, wine, and service. We had lunch at the Bistro this past Sunday to celebrate our son's 21 birthday. We asked for and got the window table with the spectacular view of the lake. White swans included...! We couldn't have it picked a better restaurant. We're from California and have been to Napa many times. Gervasi Vineyard is a very special place! Looked and felt like we were in Napa, but this is actually Northeastern Ohio! Just a wonderful place. I highly recommend it for a special occasion or just a romantic get away from it all! My family and I can't wait for the next opportunity to dine at the Bistro. Maybe in December after light snow fall! Go Raiders...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.....great servicebigchief44Dined on 10/18/2014Absolutely excellent food, and environment.....I will recommend every I see to this place.....great great great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being your cameraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Such a beautiful outdoor setting. They now have two restaurants on the property with a 10 walk between. Would definitely plan on taking the walk to enjoy the views. Food was good as expected for this type of venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Sweetest day nightAvonLakeRetireeDined on 10/18/2014Thoroughly enjoyable evening with another couple. Antipasto appetizer was a bit skimpy on the meat portion but otherwise enjoyable. Entrees and wine pairing was good. Two of us had the pasta with scallops and shrimp -- cooked perfectly! My friend had the salmon and my wife had the short ribs, which she is still raving about. I personally thought the Sicilian salad did not have much dressing or seasoning but my wife was fine with it. The deserts were fine also terramisu (sp) and coffee full bodied which I expect of a restaurant of this caliber. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown Away!punksterjessDined on 10/18/2014This wine spread is absolutely stunning it blew my husband and I away. The tasting at the crush house was a great representation of what was to come with dinner inside the romantic Bistro. The fresh italian inspired dishes make your mouth water and want more. Such an amazing first experience and I can't wait to come back more especially in the summer to take in the breath taking view of the property!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with FriendsdineinpeaceDined on 10/18/2014The Bristro never fails to give us an excellant dining experiance.Special Features:
- Pop a tent, you'll be there awhilejnakDined on 10/17/2014Our group of 4 had Friday reservations. The earliest reservation we could get was 8:30. Long story short, we didn't get seated until 9, and did not have our orders taken until 9:30. Both people that ordered steaks medium rare got them well done, but didn't send them back because they didn't want to part with food they waited so long to get. Another person got overcooked shrimp. My salmon was just perfect and was pretty good, but expensive for what it was. We could finally leave at 11. Sorry, but our first experience there tells me that this place is overrated. While the atmosphere is unlike anything else in Canton, the service makes this place a miss. I'd rather go somewhere less "shi-shi" and actually get served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Wonderful!RpskDined on 10/17/2014We went with a group of 10 out of town friends for dinner Friday evening and everyone loved the ambiance as well as the food and wine. Definitely the place for a perfect evening!Special Features:
- FantasticRJ114Dined on 10/17/2014Fantastic experience. Food was wonderful. Service top noticed. A truly please dinning experience.Special Features:
- Gervasi ReviewbgottsabDined on 10/16/2014The Bistro at Gervasi is a wonderful place. We have always been impressed by the attention to detail in all aspects of the dining experience. However, on our last visit, the table arrangements were a real problem. We had a group of 8, celebrating my mother's 80th birthday. The long group tables were much too close together - the wait staff had an almost impossible job of serving between the tables. And the party next to us was extremely loud and noisy - which made for a very unsatisfying experience - we were unable to have a conversation. I hope that Gervasi management will make efforts to remedy this situation.Special Features:
- Amazing place to dine!tonyfromrenoDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is located next to a small lake in a wine vineyard, so the views are incredible. Our dining experience was outstanding. The food was delicious, cooked to perfection. The staff was very nice and the service was great. Our waiter was excellent, taking care of us throughout dinner. We ordered the meat and cheese plate for an appetizer, she had the caesar salad and short ribs, and I had the ribeye steak that was their special that night. Peanut butter cheesecake was dessert. All that was a lot of food for us, and everything we had was superb. Our favorite wine was the cabernet. We had a bottle for dinner, and took one home. This is a fine dining restaurant, and for us, a place we will go to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutMfulton30Dined on 10/15/2014We treated ourselves to a wonderful dinner at the Bistro at Gervasi. All the food was fantastic and the portions very generous. The rib-eye was very tender and delicious. The manicotti tasted homemade, the shredded brussel sprouts divine. Our server recommended the Peanut Butter Mousse Torta for dessert and it was the perfect finish to our perfect dinner. I also tried a flight of 3 wines, and found Ciao Bella to be my favorite. I even bought a bottle to take home from the gift shop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Excellent food.Excellent service. Top of the line in dining experience. I would recommend the Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard to anyone who is looking for an above average dining experience complete with beautiful landscaping and first class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Winery & RestaurantFoodie81Dined on 10/12/2014This is by far the best restaurant in the Akron/Canton area. Incredible food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to what they do best!Luv2eatDined on 10/12/2014My family went to the Bistro for my husband's birthday celebration. Overall, the meals tasted good, but it was not cheap ($175/4 adults and we don't drink). Our waiter was a bit flighty forgetting things. We ordered two 16 oz. ribeye dinners and the steaks were mediocre, overcooked, doubtful a 16 oz. cut and not worth the $38 a piece. The pizza meal was great and short ribs were very good, although a bit fatty. No appetizers, but dessert was outstanding! We will go back, but will stick to ordering the Italian food - more economical for one. This is our second visit and the first time, the food and service were outstanding. Grounds are beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were excellent. Unfortunately, the wine just isn't that good. A full liquor license might be helpful.
- Beautiful!luvwineDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time to Gervasi and we loved everything about it ~ the vineyard as we entered, The Marketplace, the lake, the patio, the Tuscan colors of the suites and the brick walk. It was all very beautiful and romantic which was wonderful since we were celebrating our anniversary. We loved the wine bar where Moscato quickly became our favorite. The food was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend Gervasi, and actually already have. We are hoping to return this winter and reserve a table by the cozy fireplace! Thank you so much for making our anniversary so special. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch... and wine!HikerGuyDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere, very good service, delicious food and great wine. Recommend the stuffed peppers appetizer and wood-fired pizza. And did I mention wine. Planning to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyablegarycathDined on 10/11/2014While we were a little slow sitting down they more than made up with it in service and taste. This is one of our favorite spots. Certainly impressed our neighbor's and in-laws.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The Bistro is a wonderful place to dine especially if you are celebrating a special occasion. The food is wonderful and the servers are very attentive. This was our second visit there and we will definitely be back! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTwiggyMDined on 10/9/2014We brought our family to Gervasi Bistro to celebrate our daughter's 18th birthday. The evening was perfect! We were thrilled with the attention to detail by the staff and the food. Our table, by the stone fireplace, provided the perfect atmosphere! Thank you!Special Features:
- LOVED THE BISTRO.vldm32Dined on 10/8/2014This was my first time going to the Bistro and it was amazing. I definitely plan to return in the near future. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. My fiancé and I were celebrating our four year anniversary and we told the waitress that when she asked if we were celebrating anything. When she brought out our dessert, the chef came out to meet us and happy anniversary was written in dark chocolate on our dessert plate. I had a WONDERFUL time!!!Special Features:
- SpecialBirthday59Dined on 10/7/2014We had such a special evening. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. Nicole took care of our every need. Food was excellent and our table by the large windows was perfect. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.