The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
1700 55th St NE
Canton, OH 44721Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gervasivineyard.com/
- Phone: (330) 497-1000 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm with our Wine Bar open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jerry Risner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Entertainment on the Piazza, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, weather permitting. May thru September.
A word from The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
Gervasi Vineyard & Italian Bistro offers Northeast Ohio a memorable destination for wine lovers, diners, families, businesses and tourists. Gervasi is one of the few special places where beauty, tradition, comfort and appreciation for wine and fresh food connect. Wine varieties are among the best in Ohio. The Gervasi Italian Bistro dinner menu ingredients are seasonally hand-selected and grown by local farmers. The property, vineyard, historic farmhouse, bistro, lake, landscapes, and the new villa project for overnight accommodations are picturesque from every view. Highlights include a marketplace specialty store, event pavilion, walking paths, outdoor dining and yard game activities for relaxation and fun. We do have a community table and upstairs lounge area available for walk-ins as well, with the full menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (332)romantic (275)scenic view (268)notable wine list (227)fit for foodies (189)good for groups (171)great for outdoor dining (156)neighborhood gem (117)hot spot (85)great for lunch (66)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Excellent service, our waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable explaining the amazing dinners that were served! A delightful atmosphere, I will definitely visit there again! One of my guests was from Portland, OR and she complimented the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at GervasiLynnDined on 11/15/2014Fun drinks and dinner w friends - nice wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeCodyDined on 11/15/2014Love the place Very beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Thank you for a wonderful experience at The Bistro. It was mine and my husbands first time visiting Gervasis and we most definitely be back! The atmosphere and staff were amazing and the food was outstanding! Thank you again for a beautiful place to spend time with the one you love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love to eateatwelleatoftenDined on 11/13/2014I shared a salad and two entrees and everything was fresh, flavorful and nicely plated. Our server was attentive and answered all our questions regarding the food and background on the restaurant. This was our first-time but not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gervasi ReviewNewGervasiDevoteesDined on 11/13/2014We went to Gervasi to celebrate our anniversary. We had a very memorable experience. Our server Kelly was very friendly and responsive to our desire to taste as many different things as we could. The wine was excellent and the food was top notch. The squash soup was excellent. The salad was well presented and fresh and had many different textures and an outstanding dressing. Our entrée of mussels and scallops on risotto was beautifully presented but the risotto did not meet the standard that the rest of our food did. The pizza was wonderful, the crust crisp, and the cheeses giving it wonderful flavor. Last but not least, the gnocchi was perfectly cooked and the red sauce was flavorful. To top everything off, we were presented with a gelato platter wishing us a happy anniversary and allowing us to finish the evening on a sweet note. Both of us were very impressed by how attentive the staff was and how much they seemed to appreciate the fact that we came there to celebrate our anniversary. We will be back and can't wait to share our dining experience with our family and friends. The only other thing to note is that we sat on the left side of the fireplace, along the wall, and it was a bit chilly, but it was a very cold day. PS-The bread served with dinner was also outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Beautiful GroundsPleasedinPlainTwpDined on 11/9/2014We celebrated two birthdays within two weeks here. Both were fabulous, memorable events for all that attended. It is the first time I have ever had the option of warm gluten free bread served to me while everyone else is eating bread. To say the grounds and the decor are impressive is an understatement, they are breathtaking. The food presentation was as stunning as it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Canton.JBishDined on 11/8/2014The Bistro is a rarity in our area. It offers great food and service. I usually only experience this kind of dining experience when I travel to larger metro areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJb123Dined on 11/8/2014Exquisite cuisine and service...perfect for a romantic evening. Loved the appetizer pizza and roasted broccoli. Braised short ribs good but needed more seasoning. Wife loved salmon entree. Service truly exceptional.Special Features:
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014I actually think a trip to Canton to eat at Gervasi is better than visiting the Football Hall of Fame.Special Features:
- WooFoodieDined on 11/7/2014This was our second time dining at Gervasi Bistro and both times the food has been wonderful. We took friends the second time and they too enjoyed it. We also did a wine tasting at the Crushhouse and their wines are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Seating request was honored perfectly. We had a lovely table by the fireplace. The staff is outstanding and guided us through the evening effortlessley. Our meals were amazing.Special Features:
- ExcellentgoodeatsDined on 11/7/2014What a great dining experience. The ambiance was outstanding, food delicious, service spot on, what more could you ask for? The squash soup warmed the soul and perogies were quite tasty. We ordered the ravioli served in a delectable mild sauce. Tiramisu will serve 2 people easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Bistro nestled in a VineyardKabbieDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful backdrop for a delectable meal. Our waiter was personable and a joy to have as our server. Gervasi's any time of the year, whether you dine at the Bistro or on the Piazza, is an event, it's above just a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotspotDined on 11/4/2014Nice atmosphere and great food. Service was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Second time at restaurant! Love the wine and scenic view, thought food and service was better the first time I visited. Maybe because it was a Sunday vs. a Saturday.Special Features:
- A Cool ExperienceUnexpectedDined on 11/2/2014We ordered the lunch menu item of salad, pizza, and lasagna. When the lasagna arrived, it was cool, so we sent it back. When it was served again, it was still barely warm, so we gave up. The salad and service were good.
- Had a very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere, decor and food were outstanding. Sam was very knowledgeable of not only the dinner menu, but also the wine list. I will definitely return to the Bistro. The Pork tenderloin, Delmonico and seared duck were cooked to perfection and the Lobster mash potatoes were a perfect match with the Delmonico.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014the servers and bar help were very knowledgible and helpful and very pleasant. my hat is off to entire staff they were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining one Saturday afternoonOnlyTheFinestDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I joined our son and his wife for dinner as our treat, because they recently gave us a Gervasi Vineyard gift card as a gift. The menu was superb, the food was to die for, the service was exceptional and the atmosphere simply fantastic.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014On Friday, October 31, my husband and I took our son (who lives in Boston's South End..a foodie hotspot) to The Bistro for dinner.....everything was fabulous!!! The seared duck breast appetizer was cooked perfectly and presented spectacularly, the short ribs were to die for and the gnocchi with chicken and pesto were so light and flavorful. Our bottle of Nebbiolo was drained dry....definitely one of the best ones Gervasi has made! My only complaint would be about how drafty The Bistro is in the cool weather...they seem to have an issue with cold air blowing from the overhead industrial pipe vents.Special Features:
- Amazing ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Best atmosphere in stark county bar none. They food is outstanding and the ambience is on par with some of the greats in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014I took my wife out for her birthday. Great place, great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nannersDined on 10/26/2014drove up from pittsburgh for our daughters 40th bday. food is pretty consistant. service is always great. love the atmosphere!Special Features:
- lovely environmentluvdiningDined on 10/26/2014Gervasi is a hidden gem, although it seems many have found it. Great food, charming waitstaff and lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and foodBr426Dined on 10/25/2014First time at Gervasi and it was more than expected! Enjoyable experience! Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service not up to parBarbDined on 10/25/2014We dined with friends on Saturday 10/25. it was the first time our friends came with us. The food was good. The service was not up to the standards of previous visits. We came from the Crush House, where we stopped for a drink before dinner. We brough some drinks with us. This did not sit well with our server. I don't like that they push you to order wine before bringing the dinner menus. Sometimes your beverage of choice may depend on what you order for dinner. One person in our party did not order a drink. No one ever refilled water glasses. The food was very good, the ambiance was a bit lacking (but our table was not as bad as the table next to us. They were stuck right next to the fireplace.)Special Features:
- Excellent Choice! Great Value!BJS42Dined on 10/24/2014We have been to the Bistro at Gervasi before, and this was my husband's first choice for his BD dinner. My husband is a very good chef; so eating out is sometimes a challenge for an enjoyable meal. Food at the Bistro is fun and different and tasty. We had a flight of 3 red wines at the bar before dinner which helped us decide what bottle we should order. In fact, the wine was so good that we bought two more to take home. Service previously and this time was excellent. Servers are personable and helpful. Pricing is VERY reasonable for a high-end meal, much better than Cleveland or Akron. We live in Silver Lake (Stow) and find the 30-minute drive reasonable for a really good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Gervasis is just simply a must for anyone!!! It is beautiful, wine is wonderful, food is amazing and the staff and environment is just so wonderful!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere but think the bottles of wine are a little too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7SeasVIPDined on 10/24/2014Visiting from Chicago this is a nice option in Canton. However for the price point, I was expecting a bit more selection and food. The Di Mare which title suggests seafood was minuscule on the scallops and mussels. Three paltry mussels and 4 tiny scallops over an excessive amount of creamy heavy risotto. Again minuscule on the spinach and heavy on the cream on the risotto. My husband's meal of salmon was good. The salads were good. We most likely try a newer restaurant when we return to canton vs returning here. We ve had better meals previously here. I am curious about the new restaurant they are opening in November 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Great AtmosphereNatefromPghDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary here. Food was amazing. Service was top notch. Portions were just right. Prices were very reasonable! You can't go wrong! We will be back.Special Features:
- Best of the best!!!Love2eatDined on 10/24/2014Gervasis Vineyard is a long time favorite of my wife and I. We have gone, just the two of us for dinner, we've gone for hanging outdoors, we've gone we family for special occasions as well as friends for a night out. If you haven't been there, you have no idea what your missing. The food is SO good! The overall environment is second to none! Gervasi's does it right!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasiongeofoodieDined on 10/24/2014have eaten here before but outside on the patio. first time at the Bistro. Was surprised to be taken downstairs for seating, high windows and dark room. somewhat crowded and cramped space. new server was very nervous and inattentive. trainer very competent. food was high end and delicious. restaurant needs more upstairs and window seating for people to enjoy the views the winery is famous for. now i know to ask for one of those 2 window tables. you should too!Special Features:
- WonderfulFancyfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Had a very tasty and fresh dinner on our 27 th anniversary; glad for it and hope to return this season -- Nothing beats the short rib and vegetables! Scallops and shrimp over pasta was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is devine, the wine is supurb and the ambiance is gorgeous. Do bring a jacket. It gets chilly unless you're near the fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites...LindseyGrapesDined on 10/21/2014We love going to Gervasi Vineyard, especially to celebrate a special occasion. The staff is wonderful and well trained. The food is always up to our expectations and the ambiance is warm and comfortable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We brought a first-time guest, who loved Gervasi. The service was wonderful, as was the food.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We've been to Gervasi's many times. The only complain I have is that I find the wait service most times to be a bit inexperienced although very polite. But our kudo's on the food service. Always excellent and that is why we always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchFoodieforeverDined on 10/19/2014Eight of us had a delicious Sunday lunch. Gervasi was very accommodating. Our 93 years-young Mom was with us, she has difficulty with stairs, they had no problem seating us on the main level. Our appetizers and dinners were delicious!😊 I highly recommend the duck breast appetizer and the short rib dinner. No knife needed. We had two wonderful, attentive servers. Would be happy to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.