The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
1000 Childress Vineyards Rd.
Lexington, NC 27295Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.childressvineyards.com/
- Phone: 3362369463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Spencer Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards promotes the celebration of food and wine. We take great pride in our ability to hand-pick the best ingredients locally and abroad. Our goal is to create the ultimate culinary experience for our guests, providing the finest food and wine in an extraordinary setting.Continued
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (154)scenic view (142)notable wine list (104)special occasion (99)great for brunch (70)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (62)romantic (61)great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Nice spot in the countryncgrampy28Dined on 10/16/2014While there is an opportunity for wine tasting, the luncheon menu has excellent variety with well presented fresh choices. The view of the vineyards provides a peaceful scene to enjoy the food. Weekends can be pretty busy and there are often groups during the week so it is a good idea to have reservations. The staff is friendly and food good so it is worth the drive to the "country".Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The food is always fantastic, but takes a long time to prep...not great if you're trying to stay within a lunch hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific first visit!!n8songDined on 10/11/2014Our first visit ... and it totally surpassed our expectations. Facility, service, food, and wine were excellent. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- SueSueDined on 10/10/2014Enjoy heading to Childress on a Friday for lunch. Good wine and great food. The food is always special. Definitely make a reservation.Special Features:
- Welcome to CA in NC!HCB3Dined on 10/10/2014I have toured quite a lot of vineyards up and down the coast of CA over the years. Chrildress Vineyards is just like visiting one of those. Plus you can pick up NC B-B-Q on the way home! :-) Very well done.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsLovedItDined on 10/9/2014We were traveling from PA to Charlotte for the NASCAR races. We couldn't pass at the chance to stop at Childress Vineyards for a tour/tasting. We made reservations for lunch at the Bistro, based on the menu we viewed on-line. We opted for the "trifecta", which was amazing broccoli cheese soup, crab cake salad, and key lime pie bar - all paired with with Childress wine. The price was very reasonable for such a fantastic meal and outstanding wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and great wine !!DineLocalDined on 10/5/2014Visit The Bistro as often as we can and food and service is always excellent. A must stop if you are in the Lexington,NC area. By the way have a bottle of their excellent wine with your meal. You will not be disappointed !Special Features:
- Dining in and being outgood2goDined on 10/5/2014The Bistro is a very pleasant place to dine. The enclosed patio lets you sit in comfort while enjoying the view outside. The food was very good and had a good selection. We were not rushed, however the service was a little slow and a little forgetful. The whole experience was very good and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveintheTriadDined on 10/5/2014This was our third visit to the Bistro at Childress Vineyards and it didn’t disappoint. We had relatives in from Pennsylvania and thought this would be a great place to take them for lunch and the winery tour. The weather was fine and the service and food in the Bistro was wonderful. We will definitely come again and bring friends and relatives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLlindaDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our lunch at The Bistro at Childress Vineyards very much. The food and service were outstanding. The new Richard's Reuben was a new favorite!Special Features:
- Delightful DiningMindyDined on 10/3/2014If you're in the Lexington, NC area and DON'T want barbecue, this is your place. Enjoy the view of the vineyard and then grab some wine or other gourmet treats in the wine shop. You can even taste some wine if you like.Special Features:
- DeeJ48Dined on 10/2/2014We go to the Bistro quite often and just wish it were a little closer to us. We ALWAYS have excellent food and excellent service. Everyone is as nice as they can be...and the bonus is their wonderful wine tasting room and gift shop. And be sure to take the tour - it is only about 20 minutes and free. They also have special events such as concerts out in the "pavilion" area. We are club members and would recommend that if you live in the Charlotte area or right there in Lexington, it is well-worth joining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Not only was the view wonderful. Service! Food and Wine is great. The Peach Bellini was very tasty. Gift shop has nice items Overall very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatdymicheleVIPDined on 9/28/2014We come here once a month and it is always an excellent dining experience. The service is always great, very knowledgeable of the menu and pairings. We had the pimento crab dip which is a delicious favorite. We also had a the pinnacle bottle of red wine. Our meals were brought out in a timely fashion, and hot. We also had dessert which had a great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreddieDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were first class. Great view of the vineyard from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Bistro!SEASHOREDined on 9/27/2014The food, wine and scenery are wonderful!!! I have been there at least 6 times. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Lunch at the VineyardCherryames1949VIPDined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch with friends and it was wonderful. The Bistro overlooks the vineyard and the view is lovely. The food was plentiful and delicious. We started with a pimento cheese crab dip served with pita points. Two in our party got the "Trifecta" which consists of 3 courses each paired with a specialty wine. The selection was salad or soup, mahi mahi on a bed of vegetables, and cherry ice cream. One friend got the "special" which was pork shoulder on a bed of vegetables. I got chicken soup and a Cuban sandwich. All of our selections were delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Drove from raleighEatalyDined on 9/27/2014Took 45 minutes to get our food. A band was playing outside. Couldn't hear the music - only the bass - a constant thump, thump, thump. It was like eating next to a car playing rap music for an hour.
- Wineries around the countryPinotGrisDined on 9/24/2014We enjoy great wineries in our home state, and love to find the best in the states we visit. I came across Childress Vineyard’s while doing a web search. I don’t put much credence in most online reviews but I was intrigued enough to visit their web site, and was happy I did. I made a reservation as suggested, and would recommend you do the same. Childress Vineyards is a must to anyone who loves good food and wine. I have added them to my list of favorite vineyards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bash BistroggposserocksDined on 9/23/2014Have had multiple birthday luncheons here - old friends who worked together in the day - we just seem to keep coming back - service is always friendly, food delish and who doesn't always need a little something in the pretty shop - LindaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We come from detroit mich to visit my son n we make sure we come for lunch. Love the food n the store n the grounds. It was a perfect day to just relax after a fantastic lunch. The food is always been great! We will see u in October againSpecial Features:
- You will not whine at the wineryNowhineDined on 9/20/2014The Bistro is a first class restaurant. The food is excellent, I have never been disappointed. I love the scenic view and always look forward to eating there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The setting is beautiful with a fantastic view from the dining room. The menu, which is seasonal, has a good variety and very reasonable prices. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided excellent service. The only issue was one burger that was ordered medium came to the table very rare, still cool in the middle. The server immediately took it back to be replaced with a new plate and the hostess apologized for the problem. However, it took 20 minutes for the replacement to arrive by which time the others at the table were close to done eating. That dish should have been comped. The replacement order should have been expedited by the kitchen; the server checked on it frequently.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food and service were excellent. I didn't like the fact that our group could not have separate checks. I had to pay by my credit card and then get reimbursed from the other 12 people in my group. I plan lunches for that group every month and Childress Bistro has been the only one I have encountered in 3 years that wouldn't offer separate checks. Also, the restaurant will not take a reservation for a group larger than 12; this could have been an inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGarbageLadyDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed the food, atmosphere, was able to have a working lunch in a pleasant environment.Special Features:
- Childress Bistro3winefansDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated wife's birthday. Could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereRookie2vineyardsDined on 9/13/2014I visited the vineyard to celebrate a birthday, and it was worth every bit of the drive. This was my first time visiting a vineyard and I hope every other one lives up to this expectation. Great friendly service and wonderfully flavored food to compliment the extensive wine list. My only wish is to return on a clear day to be able to enjoy the Bistro outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRBofLexingtonDined on 9/12/2014Food was great. Overall the place is a nice place to take clients and guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch spotLunchDined on 9/11/2014Great place for lunch, nice view and reasonably priced wines from their vinyards. Service was very good, friendly wait staff. Menu is limited but still a nice selection of tasty food, salads and sandwiches. Great views over the vinyards grounds. Gets crowded on weekends. Reserve ahead to get a table by the windows. Music and box type lunches outdoors are an alternative to the bistro. Makes for a pleasant afternoon outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lunch and beautiful winery!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Childress Vineyards was a beautiful location to taste wine and enjoy a delicious lunch. Staff was extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend for anyone in NC Triad Area to visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful LuncheatwellDined on 9/5/2014We were visiting from New York and this was our second time eating here and just like the first it was wonderful. We were very early for our reservation but the hostess seated us right away. The tables overlook the lawn and vineyard. The food was excellent with all fresh ingredients and the wine by the bottle is a bargain. We were never rushed and the waitress was very cheerful and helpful. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- This is the only restaurant I knowAncientBritDined on 9/4/2014of in the Triad that always has a cooked vegan option. Usually I am offered either a salad or a selection of uninteresting side dishes. The Bistro shines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our party of 4, had a great time.SeashellDined on 9/1/2014The trifecta was very good. Our compliments to the chefs and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014Always enjoy eating at The Bistro. Service and food continue to be excellent. Will return again.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch SpotLunchDined on 8/31/2014Nice spot for an outing for the day. Wine is very reasonably priced, food was good. The lunch trifecta with wine is a great deal, 3 courses with a different wine for each for $25. Service was good, food delivery was prompt and the view out over the winery is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceKhairstonDined on 8/30/2014My daughter and I had lunch at the bistro for my birthday. The staff was super nice and the atmosphere was welcoming. The grounds were beautiful. We had a great afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls lunchjoeyDined on 8/28/2014perfect setting. food was great, something for everyone. knowledgeable, friendly server helped with wine selections. A truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue for a business meetingStorkmanDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food and service. Highly recommend. Setting is a little noisy but not too bad.Special Features:
- Trifecta SwordfishttagDined on 8/24/2014My friends and I eat often at the Bistro for the food. We never thought the Trifecta with the Swordfish would be anything as it was. It was outstanding and at what a great price! You can't beat the view, the service and quality of food not to mention great wines at such great prices.Special Features:
- PunkieDined on 8/23/2014Took my mom for her 91st birthday. She thoroughly enjoyed the special attention she received from our waitress, Paula. We ordered two different entrees, one being the grouper, one was a chicken dish. Both were excellent but the grouper was a little spicy and that was not indicated on the menu. That additional information would have helped me in making a selection for her. The peach cream brulee was wonderful!!Special Features: