The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
1000 Childress Vineyards Rd.
Lexington, NC 27295Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.childressvineyards.com/
- Phone: 3362369463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Spencer Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards promotes the celebration of food and wine. We take great pride in our ability to hand-pick the best ingredients locally and abroad. Our goal is to create the ultimate culinary experience for our guests, providing the finest food and wine in an extraordinary setting.Continued
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (157)great for lunch (151)notable wine list (108)special occasion (100)great for brunch (87)great for outdoor dining (76)romantic (65)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Nice spot for an outing for the day. Wine is very reasonably priced, food was good. The lunch trifecta with wine is a great deal, 3 courses with a different wine for each for $25. Service was good, food delivery was prompt and the view out over the winery is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My daughter and I had lunch at the bistro for my birthday. The staff was super nice and the atmosphere was welcoming. The grounds were beautiful. We had a great afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls lunchjoeyDined on 8/28/2014perfect setting. food was great, something for everyone. knowledgeable, friendly server helped with wine selections. A truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue for a business meetingStorkmanDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food and service. Highly recommend. Setting is a little noisy but not too bad.Special Features:
- Trifecta SwordfishttagDined on 8/24/2014My friends and I eat often at the Bistro for the food. We never thought the Trifecta with the Swordfish would be anything as it was. It was outstanding and at what a great price! You can't beat the view, the service and quality of food not to mention great wines at such great prices.Special Features:
- PunkieDined on 8/23/2014Took my mom for her 91st birthday. She thoroughly enjoyed the special attention she received from our waitress, Paula. We ordered two different entrees, one being the grouper, one was a chicken dish. Both were excellent but the grouper was a little spicy and that was not indicated on the menu. That additional information would have helped me in making a selection for her. The peach cream brulee was wonderful!!Special Features:
- waitresscosmogirlDined on 8/23/2014we and our friends have visited the Bistro approximately 10 times for lunch, dinner and holidays. we have always been completely satisfied and had a waitress that was attentive and congenial. this is the first time we had a waitress with no personality at all. she seemed not happy at all to be there and it showed in the quality of service we were given. this did not stop us from enjoying our visit, although it did make us feel not quite as welcome. we love Childress and will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great AfternoonTheOldonesDined on 8/21/2014The food and service make this an excellent luncheon facility- but the wine list puts it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany in NCFeedMeNowDined on 8/20/2014Save yourself a lot of money by enjoying a bit of Tuscany right here in NC. A sliding glass door enclosed and air conditioned balcony-type dining area overlooking rolling fields of producing grape vines, a manicured lawn and a small pond. Simply beautiful. The food is creatively prepared and presented. Portions are of an appropriate size and exceptionally tasty. Never had a bad meal at this dining establishment. Enjoy the locally produced wine and tour the winery if you have the spare time. Add a few northern Italian style dishes and you would swear that you were dining in a Tuscan villa (minus the Italian language, of course.) NC Piedmont prices-$$-$$$ (Tuscany prices-$)Special Features:
- Wonderful Regional SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I make it a point to go to the Bistro about once a month. It's a great location, service has always been great and the menu is seasonally prepared.Special Features:
- great weekendSteveDined on 8/16/2014Great food, view and music for lunch. Stay next to the vineyard at the Holiday Inn for the night on the third floor with a vineyard view for the perfect weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchsfrpfrDined on 8/15/2014Lunch at the Bistro was the start of our winery crawl, though we were continuing on to Tabbacovill area you were the perfect first stop for lunch coming out of the Charlotte area. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014This is a great restaurant with wonderful food. A perfect place for a girls lunch out!Special Features:
- Great Place for LunchZooomsDined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy a trip to Childress Winery and lunch at the Bistro, great service by Ashley, great food as always and of course, great Childress wine...a superb getaway day trip from surrounding areas or if you are visiting NC - don't miss it, The AbbeysSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Experiencehard2pleaseDined on 8/13/2014The food was wonderful (cooked to perfection, still wanting more after leaving - had the Trifecta), the service exceptional (Brandon was our server...on top of his game). I would give it a 5-star rating...rates with the best restaurants. I would recommend to anyone who would like exceptional dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ty2020Dined on 8/11/2014We have been here twice and will be returning. The food is great and quick service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding.....Wine4sophieDined on 8/10/2014With great service!....and an outstanding bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableMc704Dined on 8/10/2014Lovely view of vineyards from our table. Waitstaff very friendly and efficient and food is great & reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Childress Visit 8/9/14NCMetzDinersDined on 8/9/2014We took some out of town guests to lunch at Childress Winery and everyone absolutely loved it. The setting and surroundings are wondeful and our food and service was top of the line. Even though the weather wasn't ideal that day, you could still feel the ambience and imagine how gorgeous it would be on a beautiful sunny day. Everyone was pleasant and cordial. We also did the wine tasting and ended up joining the Childress Winery Fast Track Wine Club. I would highly recommend this place and plan to go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular time.WinetasticDined on 8/9/2014We went to eat at the bistro and ended up taking the tour. It was so fun to learn more on how they make the wine. We loved the bistro and the food was phenomenal!! We had the best time and will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, great food.breakbread2getherDined on 8/7/2014The glass-enclosed dining area at the Bistro gives expansive views of the vineyards. The food is excellent, interesting combinations, and good selections. The meal was a little slow in arriving, but not a major problem. Plenty of good wine choices, and a pleasant and helpful staff are ready to assist.Special Features:
- Great place. We're repeat customersnonoDined on 8/4/2014Great place. We're repeat customers. Great place. We're repeat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trifecta ExperiencewinendineDined on 8/3/2014Our meal at the Childress Vineyard Bistro was fantastic. I say Trifecta both because we ate their Trifecta Lunch special wine with each course. Great atmosphere, food and wine. Enjoyed it so much my wife returned the following day with our daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!MargoDined on 8/3/2014Everything was great! We got there a little early so they let us walk around and explore the place. We had an hour before lunch which was perfect to get in a tour and wine tasting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My dad wanted to go to celebrate his birthday where he has been several times. The menu had changed a lot and wasn't what he was used to. Our server did the best that she could but did not seem to be knowledgable in the wine or of the menu. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience but we had higher expectations.Special Features:
- Great Saturday lunch SpotUkrainegurlDined on 8/2/2014Great place to bring family and friends for a causal Saturday lunch. We really enjoyed the fried chicken lunch special and the sangria special. The server was friendly and quick with our lunch requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Response to a dumb surveyNoisyplaceDined on 7/30/2014Food and service were very good. Only negative was the noise. It was so loud that I could not hear my table mate and I had to shout for her to hear me. That should be corrected as it takes away from a pleasant dining experience. By the way this survey is one of the dumbest I have seen yetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Childress wineryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful lunch and loved the views and the winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I have been to Childress for lunch several times. We like to bring out of town guest to experience the beautiful property, great wine and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I had the chicken salad which was delicious. Hubby had a beef sandwich and friends ate salad and pimento cheese burger. We will definitely try this place again. It would be nice if it was open longer hours for those who would like to do tours and tastings before eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bistro Lunch, as alwaysZooomsDined on 7/25/2014We travel to Childress Vineyards frequently and are never disappointed, vineyard tour, wine tasting, shopping and lunch in the Bistro makes for a perfect day trip, friendly staff, great service (and good wine!!), highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming PlaceHungryBobDined on 7/22/2014Had a very nice time at Childress and especially enjoyed lunch!Special Features:
- A Fabulous Dining ExperienceEllisDined on 7/21/2014We had a great time...the staff was up and very cheerful, the food and wine great and the ambiance you couldn't beat. Thanks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dining SpotChildressVineyardsDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed dining at Childress Vineyards. It's a beautiful place to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRockyVIPDined on 7/17/2014I guess the folks at The Bistro at Childress Vineyards don't read the special requests on an Open Table reservation. We mentioned that we were married at Childress Vineyards, and we were returning for lunch on our anniversary of being married there. NOT A SINGLE PERSON recognized us for being there on our anniversary. NO WORD was ever said about why we were there. THEN......we even filled out a comment card, stating the same....and STILL not a word. VERY disappointed. (even made reservations at another restaurant for dinner, and was greeted with a Happy Anniversary from the restaurant hostess, and then from our server....and even treated us to a complementary dessert.........excellent customer service from THAT restaurant
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014A great place to take clients for lunch and the Ambience and scenic view are outstanding - food has always been outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceAuntieDined on 7/15/2014Beautiful setting--but--had a reservation for party of 6 for 12:30pm on Tuesday. Seated on time, pleasant hostess and waitress--BUT, ordered our lunch by 12:45--our lunch was not served until 1:30pm---we were to have a relaxed lunch but by the time the food arrived we had to rush. Too nice to be so slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and Beautifulmommyneedsatimeout2Dined on 7/15/2014My husband and I decided to take a day trip to visit Childress Vineyards and have a "date day". Your winery lends the most relaxing, beautiful ambiance and couple that with a welcoming and friendly staff, it made for the perfect day. We enjoyed a quick tasting, then we took a bottle of our favorite from the tasting and enjoyed it out on your private gazebo in the comfortable chairs and enjoyed the beautiful weather and quiet (something you don't get much of when you have small children at home). We finished off the day with a tour of the winery and lunch in the Bistro. It was perfect and you can bet we will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Delightful afternoon- very relaxing and enjoyable plus a tour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch with friendsTheJoshDined on 7/13/2014Great afternoon with neighbors, great meal and a nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.