The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
1000 Childress Vineyards Rd.
Lexington, NC 27295Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.childressvineyards.com/
- Phone: 3362369463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Spencer Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards promotes the celebration of food and wine. We take great pride in our ability to hand-pick the best ingredients locally and abroad. Our goal is to create the ultimate culinary experience for our guests, providing the finest food and wine in an extraordinary setting.Continued
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (145)scenic view (144)notable wine list (100)special occasion (96)great for brunch (75)great for outdoor dining (67)romantic (62)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- Enjoyable TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Not only was the view wonderful. Service! Food and Wine is great. The Peach Bellini was very tasty. Gift shop has nice items Overall very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service were first class. Great view of the vineyard from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Bistro!SEASHOREDined on 9/27/2014The food, wine and scenery are wonderful!!! I have been there at least 6 times. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Lunch at the VineyardCherryames1949VIPDined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch with friends and it was wonderful. The Bistro overlooks the vineyard and the view is lovely. The food was plentiful and delicious. We started with a pimento cheese crab dip served with pita points. Two in our party got the "Trifecta" which consists of 3 courses each paired with a specialty wine. The selection was salad or soup, mahi mahi on a bed of vegetables, and cherry ice cream. One friend got the "special" which was pork shoulder on a bed of vegetables. I got chicken soup and a Cuban sandwich. All of our selections were delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Drove from raleighEatalyDined on 9/27/2014Took 45 minutes to get our food. A band was playing outside. Couldn't hear the music - only the bass - a constant thump, thump, thump. It was like eating next to a car playing rap music for an hour.
- Wineries around the countryPinotGrisDined on 9/24/2014We enjoy great wineries in our home state, and love to find the best in the states we visit. I came across Childress Vineyard’s while doing a web search. I don’t put much credence in most online reviews but I was intrigued enough to visit their web site, and was happy I did. I made a reservation as suggested, and would recommend you do the same. Childress Vineyards is a must to anyone who loves good food and wine. I have added them to my list of favorite vineyards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bash BistroggposserocksDined on 9/23/2014Have had multiple birthday luncheons here - old friends who worked together in the day - we just seem to keep coming back - service is always friendly, food delish and who doesn't always need a little something in the pretty shop - LindaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We come from detroit mich to visit my son n we make sure we come for lunch. Love the food n the store n the grounds. It was a perfect day to just relax after a fantastic lunch. The food is always been great! We will see u in October againSpecial Features:
- You will not whine at the wineryNowhineDined on 9/20/2014The Bistro is a first class restaurant. The food is excellent, I have never been disappointed. I love the scenic view and always look forward to eating there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The setting is beautiful with a fantastic view from the dining room. The menu, which is seasonal, has a good variety and very reasonable prices. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided excellent service. The only issue was one burger that was ordered medium came to the table very rare, still cool in the middle. The server immediately took it back to be replaced with a new plate and the hostess apologized for the problem. However, it took 20 minutes for the replacement to arrive by which time the others at the table were close to done eating. That dish should have been comped. The replacement order should have been expedited by the kitchen; the server checked on it frequently.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food and service were excellent. I didn't like the fact that our group could not have separate checks. I had to pay by my credit card and then get reimbursed from the other 12 people in my group. I plan lunches for that group every month and Childress Bistro has been the only one I have encountered in 3 years that wouldn't offer separate checks. Also, the restaurant will not take a reservation for a group larger than 12; this could have been an inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGarbageLadyDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed the food, atmosphere, was able to have a working lunch in a pleasant environment.Special Features:
- Childress Bistro3winefansDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated wife's birthday. Could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereRookie2vineyardsDined on 9/13/2014I visited the vineyard to celebrate a birthday, and it was worth every bit of the drive. This was my first time visiting a vineyard and I hope every other one lives up to this expectation. Great friendly service and wonderfully flavored food to compliment the extensive wine list. My only wish is to return on a clear day to be able to enjoy the Bistro outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRBofLexingtonDined on 9/12/2014Food was great. Overall the place is a nice place to take clients and guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch spotLunchDined on 9/11/2014Great place for lunch, nice view and reasonably priced wines from their vinyards. Service was very good, friendly wait staff. Menu is limited but still a nice selection of tasty food, salads and sandwiches. Great views over the vinyards grounds. Gets crowded on weekends. Reserve ahead to get a table by the windows. Music and box type lunches outdoors are an alternative to the bistro. Makes for a pleasant afternoon outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lunch and beautiful winery!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Childress Vineyards was a beautiful location to taste wine and enjoy a delicious lunch. Staff was extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend for anyone in NC Triad Area to visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful LuncheatwellDined on 9/5/2014We were visiting from New York and this was our second time eating here and just like the first it was wonderful. We were very early for our reservation but the hostess seated us right away. The tables overlook the lawn and vineyard. The food was excellent with all fresh ingredients and the wine by the bottle is a bargain. We were never rushed and the waitress was very cheerful and helpful. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- This is the only restaurant I knowAncientBritDined on 9/4/2014of in the Triad that always has a cooked vegan option. Usually I am offered either a salad or a selection of uninteresting side dishes. The Bistro shines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our party of 4, had a great time.SeashellDined on 9/1/2014The trifecta was very good. Our compliments to the chefs and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014Always enjoy eating at The Bistro. Service and food continue to be excellent. Will return again.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch SpotLunchDined on 8/31/2014Nice spot for an outing for the day. Wine is very reasonably priced, food was good. The lunch trifecta with wine is a great deal, 3 courses with a different wine for each for $25. Service was good, food delivery was prompt and the view out over the winery is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceKhairstonDined on 8/30/2014My daughter and I had lunch at the bistro for my birthday. The staff was super nice and the atmosphere was welcoming. The grounds were beautiful. We had a great afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls lunchjoeyDined on 8/28/2014perfect setting. food was great, something for everyone. knowledgeable, friendly server helped with wine selections. A truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue for a business meetingStorkmanDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food and service. Highly recommend. Setting is a little noisy but not too bad.Special Features:
- Trifecta SwordfishttagDined on 8/24/2014My friends and I eat often at the Bistro for the food. We never thought the Trifecta with the Swordfish would be anything as it was. It was outstanding and at what a great price! You can't beat the view, the service and quality of food not to mention great wines at such great prices.Special Features:
- PunkieDined on 8/23/2014Took my mom for her 91st birthday. She thoroughly enjoyed the special attention she received from our waitress, Paula. We ordered two different entrees, one being the grouper, one was a chicken dish. Both were excellent but the grouper was a little spicy and that was not indicated on the menu. That additional information would have helped me in making a selection for her. The peach cream brulee was wonderful!!Special Features:
- waitresscosmogirlDined on 8/23/2014we and our friends have visited the Bistro approximately 10 times for lunch, dinner and holidays. we have always been completely satisfied and had a waitress that was attentive and congenial. this is the first time we had a waitress with no personality at all. she seemed not happy at all to be there and it showed in the quality of service we were given. this did not stop us from enjoying our visit, although it did make us feel not quite as welcome. we love Childress and will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great AfternoonTheOldonesDined on 8/21/2014The food and service make this an excellent luncheon facility- but the wine list puts it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany in NCFeedMeNowDined on 8/20/2014Save yourself a lot of money by enjoying a bit of Tuscany right here in NC. A sliding glass door enclosed and air conditioned balcony-type dining area overlooking rolling fields of producing grape vines, a manicured lawn and a small pond. Simply beautiful. The food is creatively prepared and presented. Portions are of an appropriate size and exceptionally tasty. Never had a bad meal at this dining establishment. Enjoy the locally produced wine and tour the winery if you have the spare time. Add a few northern Italian style dishes and you would swear that you were dining in a Tuscan villa (minus the Italian language, of course.) NC Piedmont prices-$$-$$$ (Tuscany prices-$)Special Features:
- Wonderful Regional SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I make it a point to go to the Bistro about once a month. It's a great location, service has always been great and the menu is seasonally prepared.Special Features:
- great weekendSteveDined on 8/16/2014Great food, view and music for lunch. Stay next to the vineyard at the Holiday Inn for the night on the third floor with a vineyard view for the perfect weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchsfrpfrDined on 8/15/2014Lunch at the Bistro was the start of our winery crawl, though we were continuing on to Tabbacovill area you were the perfect first stop for lunch coming out of the Charlotte area. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014This is a great restaurant with wonderful food. A perfect place for a girls lunch out!Special Features:
- Great Place for LunchZooomsDined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy a trip to Childress Winery and lunch at the Bistro, great service by Ashley, great food as always and of course, great Childress wine...a superb getaway day trip from surrounding areas or if you are visiting NC - don't miss it, The AbbeysSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Experiencehard2pleaseDined on 8/13/2014The food was wonderful (cooked to perfection, still wanting more after leaving - had the Trifecta), the service exceptional (Brandon was our server...on top of his game). I would give it a 5-star rating...rates with the best restaurants. I would recommend to anyone who would like exceptional dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ty2020Dined on 8/11/2014We have been here twice and will be returning. The food is great and quick service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding.....Wine4sophieDined on 8/10/2014With great service!....and an outstanding bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableMc704Dined on 8/10/2014Lovely view of vineyards from our table. Waitstaff very friendly and efficient and food is great & reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Childress Visit 8/9/14NCMetzDinersDined on 8/9/2014We took some out of town guests to lunch at Childress Winery and everyone absolutely loved it. The setting and surroundings are wondeful and our food and service was top of the line. Even though the weather wasn't ideal that day, you could still feel the ambience and imagine how gorgeous it would be on a beautiful sunny day. Everyone was pleasant and cordial. We also did the wine tasting and ended up joining the Childress Winery Fast Track Wine Club. I would highly recommend this place and plan to go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.