The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
1000 Childress Vineyards Rd.
Lexington, NC 27295Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.childressvineyards.com/
- Phone: (336) 236-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Spencer Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards promotes the celebration of food and wine. We take great pride in our ability to hand-pick the best ingredients locally and abroad. Our goal is to create the ultimate culinary experience for our guests, providing the finest food and wine in an extraordinary setting.Continued
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Our menu changes seasonally and can be viewed online at www.childressvineyards.com.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
The Bistro at Childress Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (153)scenic view (152)notable wine list (99)special occasion (99)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (67)great for outdoor dining (61)great for brunch (60)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Beautiful at Christmas and anytime. Food was incredible. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, wine, and service. Have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great indoor/outdoor experience!beachladyDined on 11/15/2014We always look forward to and enjoy our dining experience at Childress Vineyards. The view of the vineyards is gorgeous. We feel like we're outside even when the doors are down. We decided to try something different for lunch this time. The Chicken Cuban Sandwich more than met our expectations and the usual sweet potato fries are our favorite of all the restaurants we visit. The holiday decorations throughout were very tastefully done and we had a nice time shopping in the gift shop for special items after lunch. We took my cousin and his wife that were visiting from PA for lunch a couple of years ago during the fall. They have visited the vineyards in CA and said Childress Vineyards was better than anything they saw there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We had a great, late lunch with good conversation and excellent wine. The Christmas Tree was just put up and looked lovely! We got there at a busy time and had a little trouble with the service being kind of slow. Overall, our experience was excellent and the food, wine, and atmosphere were great!Special Features:
- Lovely lunchnctraveller58Dined on 11/8/2014We dined here on a busy Saturday. All of us enjoyed the Trifecta which consisted of a heart salad (heart of romaine, hearts of palm, and artichoke hearts), shrimp and grits for an entrée, and cherry chocolate dessert. Included in the Trifecta were wine pairing with each course. The food was delicious, well prepared and presented well. The trifecta cost $25 ($20 if you don't do the wine pairing). If you like wine, do the wine pairing. I enjoy seeing how the food and wine interact. Our waitress went out of her way to be friendly and efficient. I will dine here again. I do suggest reservations.Special Features:
- Very relaxing and accommodatingJustinandkelseyDined on 11/5/2014Took my fiancé to the vineyard for part of her birthday celebration to relax and spark more romantic memories. It was a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing restaurant for this areaAncientBritDined on 11/4/2014The choice of food is unique in this part of North Carolina. Not only do they have a standard American menu they also have a Vegetarian menu and a vegan option is always available on request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little more upscaleCarolinagirlDined on 11/3/2014The open views of the rolling vineyards are beautiful. Server to table ratio is good. Have dined here a few times and had gracious servers each time. Menu is rather limited but has some very tasty options. Wines are surprisingly good for a young winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSmittyDined on 11/3/2014Te whole experience is always wonderful. We've been there several times and never disappointed. The food, setting and the whole ambiance is something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely LunchfishloverDined on 11/2/2014We ate there on Sunday at noon. We shared a cheese platter and each ordered half a salad. The half salad portions were plenty large enough for a whole meal. The cheese tray had lumps of five different cheeses, plus pots of honey, grape jam and olive tapenade, some grapes and a plate of assorted crackers. It was very good and more than enough for the two of us. I had a glass of Childress Riesling 2011 -- very good and slightly sweet. We were seated promptly at a nice table by a window, and the staff was very attentive and helpful. I would go back for more in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trifecta LunchWineLoverDined on 11/2/2014The Trifecta Lunch at Childress Vineyard is always a pleasure, and this week's was no exception. For an appetizer, a fresh mixed green salad with vinegarette dressing and crumbled blue cheese was served. The main course was Chilean Sea Bass, which melted in your mouth, served with a delicious sweet potato pancake and a mushroom sauce on the side. The final course called for banana's foster for dessert, but it was more a like banana pudding. The wine pairings for the first two courses were perfect; however, the 3 White didn't go well with dessert. The pudding was too sweet, leaving the wine to taste bitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden surpriseCssjDined on 11/2/2014Tucked into a scenic pocket of Davidson Co this restaurant/winery is a nice change of pace and scenery for the area. While the menu is a bit limited, the prices are reasonable the food is tasty and the service is friendly helpful and prompt. They capture a Tuscany feel without feeling "cheesy" or plastic. The only downside is they only serve lunch. I highly recommend it for a special occasion or a Sunday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Liesure TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014What a great place in rural North Carolina to spent a quiet mid-day during the week or a lazy Saturday. Rainy, cold, drinking a good class of wine and looking out over beautifully maintained vineyards, the Bistro made our Saturday perfect.Special Features:
- my 52nd bday!GrianneDined on 11/1/2014Had a great lunch. The group next to us was REALLY REALLY LOUD and made our waitress slow getting to us but she made a real come back and provided excellent service. Our meal was mixed up but we tried each other's lunch before it was discovered. Again great save by the waitress. Lovely dessert. Food was beautifully created and thoughtfully displayed to be appealing to the eye. I think that if it hadn't been for our waitress, my visit might not have been very good. She really cared and made it a splendid visit. I tipped her max. If I'd recently not left my job, I'd have given her more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The four cheese ravioli is a plate of only six ravioli that had only small pockets of cheese, with very little cheese in them. Usually restaurant portions are too big for me, but I went home and had a snack. Overall the dish had little flavor, which is saying something because I am sensitive to too much seasoning. Enjoyed the setting but not the food.Special Features:
- Very Nice but a Little PriceygramhpncDined on 10/29/2014This restaurant's menu has improved greatly since the last time I visited several years ago. There was a very good variety for lunch, and the food quality was good. Service was attentive but not overly so. The only real drawback I found was that prices were a bit high for lunch.Special Features:
- Great Bistro LunchZooomsDined on 10/28/2014We are Fast Track Wine Club members and have enjoyed lunch at the Bistro many times. Always great food, service and fun, friendly staff, great team, we appreciate having such a high class winery to visit right nearby in North Carolina!!Special Features:
- Lovely first-time experienceRomimeDined on 10/25/2014We received a gift card to Childress Vineyards and it seems we chose the most beautiful fall afternoon to use it! The weather was gorgeous, the wine was delightful, and the food was delicious. I ordered weekly Trivecta, which included the most tasty parsnip soup! We were able to sit outside where we enjoyed listening to the live music while we ate. There were a lot of people there, possibly due to the Barbecue Festival, but it was not so crowded that we did not enjoy ourselves. Although this was our first visit to The Bistro, it definitely won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodAhomesproDined on 10/24/2014I've had dinner at Childress a few times and lunch several times. The food is always consistently good and satisfying. A good dining experience! The best in Lexington.Special Features:
- SammyDined on 10/24/2014Beautiful location, bit pricey for medicore food, wine reasonably priced, staff very attentive and friendly. Overall, nice evening.Special Features:
- PennsylvaniaPennsylvaniaDined on 10/20/2014My lunch was quite good - but could have arrived a bit hotter. The center was warm but the edges were cool which led me to believe it was ready, but not brought out right away. The staff were very professional. My completed plate, however, was not cleared away even though I got an after dinner drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableSEA4Dined on 10/19/2014We had a very good Sunday lunch at the Bistro. We had an excellent table (booked in advance) with a wonderful view and enjoyed the menu's casual dining options and wine. The weather was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice spot in the countryncgrampy28Dined on 10/16/2014While there is an opportunity for wine tasting, the luncheon menu has excellent variety with well presented fresh choices. The view of the vineyards provides a peaceful scene to enjoy the food. Weekends can be pretty busy and there are often groups during the week so it is a good idea to have reservations. The staff is friendly and food good so it is worth the drive to the "country".Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The food is always fantastic, but takes a long time to prep...not great if you're trying to stay within a lunch hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific first visit!!n8songDined on 10/11/2014Our first visit ... and it totally surpassed our expectations. Facility, service, food, and wine were excellent. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- SueSueDined on 10/10/2014Enjoy heading to Childress on a Friday for lunch. Good wine and great food. The food is always special. Definitely make a reservation.Special Features:
- Welcome to CA in NC!HCB3Dined on 10/10/2014I have toured quite a lot of vineyards up and down the coast of CA over the years. Chrildress Vineyards is just like visiting one of those. Plus you can pick up NC B-B-Q on the way home! :-) Very well done.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsLovedItDined on 10/9/2014We were traveling from PA to Charlotte for the NASCAR races. We couldn't pass at the chance to stop at Childress Vineyards for a tour/tasting. We made reservations for lunch at the Bistro, based on the menu we viewed on-line. We opted for the "trifecta", which was amazing broccoli cheese soup, crab cake salad, and key lime pie bar - all paired with with Childress wine. The price was very reasonable for such a fantastic meal and outstanding wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and great wine !!DineLocalDined on 10/5/2014Visit The Bistro as often as we can and food and service is always excellent. A must stop if you are in the Lexington,NC area. By the way have a bottle of their excellent wine with your meal. You will not be disappointed !Special Features:
- Dining in and being outgood2goDined on 10/5/2014The Bistro is a very pleasant place to dine. The enclosed patio lets you sit in comfort while enjoying the view outside. The food was very good and had a good selection. We were not rushed, however the service was a little slow and a little forgetful. The whole experience was very good and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveintheTriadDined on 10/5/2014This was our third visit to the Bistro at Childress Vineyards and it didn’t disappoint. We had relatives in from Pennsylvania and thought this would be a great place to take them for lunch and the winery tour. The weather was fine and the service and food in the Bistro was wonderful. We will definitely come again and bring friends and relatives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLlindaDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our lunch at The Bistro at Childress Vineyards very much. The food and service were outstanding. The new Richard's Reuben was a new favorite!Special Features:
- Delightful DiningMindyDined on 10/3/2014If you're in the Lexington, NC area and DON'T want barbecue, this is your place. Enjoy the view of the vineyard and then grab some wine or other gourmet treats in the wine shop. You can even taste some wine if you like.Special Features:
- DeeJ48Dined on 10/2/2014We go to the Bistro quite often and just wish it were a little closer to us. We ALWAYS have excellent food and excellent service. Everyone is as nice as they can be...and the bonus is their wonderful wine tasting room and gift shop. And be sure to take the tour - it is only about 20 minutes and free. They also have special events such as concerts out in the "pavilion" area. We are club members and would recommend that if you live in the Charlotte area or right there in Lexington, it is well-worth joining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Not only was the view wonderful. Service! Food and Wine is great. The Peach Bellini was very tasty. Gift shop has nice items Overall very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatdymicheleVIPDined on 9/28/2014We come here once a month and it is always an excellent dining experience. The service is always great, very knowledgeable of the menu and pairings. We had the pimento crab dip which is a delicious favorite. We also had a the pinnacle bottle of red wine. Our meals were brought out in a timely fashion, and hot. We also had dessert which had a great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreddieDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were first class. Great view of the vineyard from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Bistro!SEASHOREDined on 9/27/2014The food, wine and scenery are wonderful!!! I have been there at least 6 times. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Lunch at the VineyardCherryames1949VIPDined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch with friends and it was wonderful. The Bistro overlooks the vineyard and the view is lovely. The food was plentiful and delicious. We started with a pimento cheese crab dip served with pita points. Two in our party got the "Trifecta" which consists of 3 courses each paired with a specialty wine. The selection was salad or soup, mahi mahi on a bed of vegetables, and cherry ice cream. One friend got the "special" which was pork shoulder on a bed of vegetables. I got chicken soup and a Cuban sandwich. All of our selections were delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Drove from raleighEatalyDined on 9/27/2014Took 45 minutes to get our food. A band was playing outside. Couldn't hear the music - only the bass - a constant thump, thump, thump. It was like eating next to a car playing rap music for an hour.