7352 E. 29th Ave.
Denver, CO 80238Neighborhood:
Stapleton / Northfield
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theberkshirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3033214010x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch at 11:00 Monday-Friday Dinner from 4pm-10pm Sunday-Thursday and until 11pm Fri-Sat. Brunch 9am-2:30pm Saturdays and Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Keberlein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From full service to drop-off or pickup, The Berkshire can supply you with all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for up to 50 people. Loaded with all multi media equipment including projector screen. Please check out our websites "Private Parties" Tab for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sue Nelson 3033214010x
- Special Events: Please visit our websites "Private Parties" tab for more information.
A word from The Berkshire
Come to The Berkshire to see old favorites in a new way. Order our Charcuterie Plate to share and follow with a wide range of salads, sandwiches or inventive main courses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Berkshire - Best Restaurants in Stapleton / Northfield ›
The Berkshire reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (4)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Beloved neighborhood spotWorkingMomVIPDined on 10/11/2014My family - including vegetarians, toddlers, those-who-require-a-full-bar, those-who-will-only-eat-meat-and-potatos, and foodies, have all been eating here regularly for years now. It's got something for everyone, is family friendly, but nice enough that we often bring out-of-town visitors here for an easy neighborhood meal.Special Features:
- Fun with porkHollyGVIPDined on 9/28/2014What a great find. This is a casual place with a menu full of surprises. They take the concept of pork seriously, but not too seriously. There is something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:
- Bacon outbillterrycoVIPDined on 9/27/2014My son saw this place on TV. He and his girl just arrived from DC and this was the first place he wanted to go. He wanted "the King". Since it was a Sat. it wasn't on the brunch menu. However, the server checked and they made it for him. He was impressed enough that he said he would go back just for the sandwich again. We had a variety of dishes off their menu. Everything was pretty good. While the staffed screwed up the delivery of the appetizers, they were apologetic. And on one dish they delivered the wrong egg order. I didn't notice, but they brought out an entire new corrected plate without asking. Overall, this place was a good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am Not a Bacon LoverIknowFoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014I am not a bacon lover, or a pork enthusiast for that matter. This Berkshire has changed that for me. Four of us shared the "bacon flight" and it was fantastic....maple glazed, balsamic, curry and garlic. My pork tenderloin was was tender and delicious. Others had giant pork chops, and the pork belly special. Everyone shared. It was a nice atmosphere for an after work client dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something differentSportshealerDined on 9/5/2014From the service to environment to food, this restaurant was so refreshing. It have the impression of farm to table without being overtly hipster cool about it. I knew I would love this place when we arrived and the front door listed the dress code as "be yourself". Our servers were perfect, not to invasive but Johnny on the spot when we needed them. The food was decadent. Try the bacon flight. It's like nothing you've ever had. I had the pork belly confit which became a little too rich but was so delicious and the sticky toffee pecan bacon pudding is a must with some Irish coffee! A definite stop for bacon/pork lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DelightDiaCDined on 8/27/2014Very laid back setting, but a calm ambiance even with the five tvs playing sports. We came just for Restaurant Week. Lots of pork and more than enough food (the salad was way too much to finish, so I gave up and moved onto the shared appetizers). Wednesday is also half priced bottles of wine, which is fantastic when you get a bottle of red that pairs nicely with the all the food.Special Features:
- YummyTrigger616Dined on 8/24/2014We went with a group of 5 people for restaurant week and no one had been there before. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the food is delicious. I would definitely go back and try their regular menu and I would recommend others try this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday thanksWinendineDined on 8/23/2014We had never heard of this spot and so happy we lucked upon! Our tastebuds were in heaven! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork paradiseFlare6520Dined on 8/16/2014The food and atmosphere was great. We went on a Saturday night and the service was great. The firecracker shrimp appetizer was amazing. Our only complaint was that there were only 3 shrimp on the plate. The pistachio crusted pork chop and the pork tenderloin were boh great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in StapletonJmldenverDined on 8/16/2014It's no secret that we are lacking in good restaurant choices in Stapleton, although that is slowly changing. The Berkshire has made some great menu changes and the last three times we've dined there, we've been very satisfied. They are consistent and convenient. Great job.Special Features:
- yummyMcmomDined on 8/16/2014I wasn't expecting much, just typical brunch food. But this place is amazing! The food was fun, creative, and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food interesting layoutAHbrewmanDined on 8/14/2014I thought the food was great, inventive and tasty. The server stand right in the dining area was strange. I caught some un wanted server gossip. All in all food was good so made up for the strange atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food pass on dessertnew2denverDined on 8/9/2014We had a pleasant experience overall, attentive service and very good entres. The dessert was lacking but the cocktails were delicious. Went on a Saturday night and it wasn't busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We had burgers and fish tacos. Both were very tasty. Service was a bit slow but pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu, poorly executedBigDaddyJDined on 8/6/2014If you like bacon (and who doesn't these days...other than trollish contrarians), you'll be very excited by The Berkshire's overstuffed bacon-centric menu (with a "healthy" dose of all other things pork). However, once the food arrives, the novelty quickly wears off. Our meals weren't bad, necessarily, just not as good as our expectations (and not worth the "foodie" prices). Additionally, there is little attempt to create a pleasant dining experience. The decor is generic and bland and the noise level (despite being seated in the "quiet" area away from the bar) was unbearable. Much of our unpleasant experience had to do with a very loud table of cackling ladies, but it seemed like this was the rule, rather than the exception.
- sad and disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014I really enjoy their brunch bubbly favorites dish in the restaurant was the lobster mac and chesse. I ask for it at lunch but they no long the dish . I was extremely disappointed the dish was pricey but was so worth it. probably will not go back for lunch or dinner anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon!klkuDined on 7/22/2014Most dishes here focus on pork and they're great! The bacon hummus was to die for and the 'plain' grilled cheese wasn't so plain with bacon on top. The paired tomato bisque was mouth watering. Atmosphere was good with a modern pub feel. Small, but will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Brunch is great!RHenryDined on 7/20/2014Awesome greeting from Matt and service was very good! We were a large group and our server handled it well...ordered five of your large bloody Mary's but bar ran out of bacon. Brought some later...this was the only mis -step otherwise excellent! We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the BaconCelticKirkDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is simple but with a Pig theme and has a menu that focuses on pork. The food was good but not necessarily outstanding. We tried the bacon flight as an appetizer. There were 4 slices of bacon on a plate with some light condiments. One of the slices was strong which made it a a little difficult to differentiate the flavors of the other three. It might have been good had the waiter mentioned to try that one last. They have a good beer selection and if you get the short-rib burger, as I did, be sure to get the demi-glaze that is supposed to come with it. It was dry without it, but when I asked the waiter he brought some and it made the meal much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Best hamburger we have had in a long time, with quality meat and perfectly cooked. Interesting menu with many delicious choices. Creative cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchluvdenverDined on 7/15/2014We stopped in for lunch on our way out of town and had a delicious meal. The service was excellent. Would definitely stop in again, maybe for dinner the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth it...RHenryDined on 7/10/2014Feel the menu is very expensive but generally food is good! Service is always outstanding! When you keep changing the menu you will continue to lose customers. Please bring back the Lobster Mac N Cheese! Love that you brought the Breakfast Burrito back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio for brunch.TheJanwaysDined on 6/29/2014We just moved to Denver from Oklahoma and wanted to find a nearby brunch place where we could enjoy good drinks and food with the wonderful Colorado weather. We got everything we were looking for. My husband had the Lobster Benedict and keeps taking about how great it was. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the The Berkshire reviews archive.
- Saturday BrunchShowyaVIPDined on 6/14/2014The Berkshire Eggs Benedict was awesome. Instead of an English muffin, the Berkshire Benedict sits atop Texas toast bread pudding. The poached eggs were perfect, not overdone--and what's not to like about BACON.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014We always love going to the Berk, good food & service & always family friendly.Special Features:
- Nice FindRegularDined on 5/27/2014Found this place through Open Table, as we were staying nearby. Pleasant sidewalk seating, good food and good service. Nice place to go if staying nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order Benedict32rollDined on 5/25/2014Overall the experience was good. Although I made the mistake of ordering the Benedict. Their twist is to make it with your choice of bread pudding or Texas toast instead of an English muffin. I ordered the Texas toast thinking bread pudding would be to mushy. Unfortunately the toast soaks up the sauce and ends up soggy and piratically bread pudding anyway. I ended up pulling it out and eating the eggs without it. Typically their food is very good but they changed their menu and this specific option was a bad idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Listen, just do yourself a favor and finish your meal with the Sticky Toffee Pudding. You're welcome.Special Features:
- Great for lunch, dinner or beersejindenverDined on 5/11/2014I live in Stapleton and have been going to the Berkshire ("the Berk") about once a month or so for the last 5 years. In all that time I can't say I've ever had a bad meal. The Berk has a friendly, neighborhood pub vibe but the seasonal menu is unexpectedly diverse. The place is known for its devotion to bacon and pork, but the lighter fare is excellent, also. The scallops are a favorite. It's also a nice place to stop in for a beer or two, and the cocktails are solid.Special Features:
- Stumbled on a good oneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We were looking for a slightly adventurous, new for us, and good food experience. Definitely found it! We tried pig wings and fried pickels, an assortment of sandwiches, and panna cotta for dessert. Everyone was very happy!Special Features:
- Stapleton Resident herebds2405VIPDined on 5/4/2014We are Stapleton residents and really like to get out of Stapleton to experience other restaurants and happenings... HOWEVER the Berkshire is always an amazing staple with great service. awesome food (Lobster benedict) and so friendly that we have a little 6 month old. We have turned so many people OUTSIDE of Stapleton to the Berkshire. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeWorkingMomVIPDined on 4/29/2014The Berkshire is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant - they have something delicious for everyone, whether it's cocktails with friends or dinner out with small children.Special Features:
- woodywoodyDined on 4/27/2014very good service and food was very good. Signage is tough for a first time visitor, but hostess was very helpful in directing us to restaurant. Service was excellent, a great find in the Stapleton area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's better than bacon???MckeywestDined on 4/27/2014The Berkshire! Went there for brunch and enjoyed it. The bacon app was very good as well as my breakfast sandwich. I'd recommend the Berkshire!Special Features:
- Festive BrunchFoody257VIPDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter Brunch and had a great time. This is a very casual place, definitely nothing fancy, but you don't come for the ambiance, you come for the food. A very unique menu which offers unusual flavor combinations which delight the senses. If you're less adventurous, they do offer familiar fare. Throw in bottomless mimosas, which were delicious, and you have the recipe for a memorable experience. Our server was very attentive, despite the Easter crowd, and was friendly and efficient. The highlight of the meal was the dessert, Sticky Toffee Pudding a la mode. Simply incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Wonderful experience! Excellent food with a unique twist. Anxious to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food! Questionable seating.chefkoopaDined on 4/19/2014I made reservations well in advance and was stuck at a table for two hat looked like it was placed there on a whim. Right in the middle of the servers traffic flow and very close to the bathroom. Food and service were incredible. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will make a return visitTracyDined on 3/24/2014We had excellent food with good service. The menu has a great variety of innovative items. Our server was pleasant and attentive. The location is good with parking available. I will return to their restaurant.Special Features:
- This is not a place for brunchonthegoVIPDined on 3/23/2014This is not a place for brunch if you don't like being around kids. Little kids. The neighborhood is mostly young families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't receive my baconirisherinDined on 3/1/2014Half of our table received their food 10 min before the other half. The drinks were slow to receive and the bacon and sausage add ons to the meals were received only after we asked about them.Special Features: