The Bench - Gaithersburg Marriott
9751 Washingtonian Blvd
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bench - Gaithersburg Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/
- Phone: 3012126122x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 7:00am - 1:00pm, Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Tootill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Bench - Gaithersburg Marriott
You’ll find a delicious seat for life’s events at The Bench, our new restaurant, bar and lakeside patio located in Gaithersburg Marriott at Rio Washingtonian Center. Enjoy a chef-prepared menu of regional American cuisine infused with modern attitude and sourced from artisan purveyors and Maryland brewers for business lunches, romantic dinners and refreshing cocktails with friends. Savor social plates, snacks and appetizers including our signature roasted yellow pepper and crab soup and Parmesan and chile kale chips. Fill up with an inspired selection of salads, sandwiches and entrées. Sip a Blueberry Mojito from our list of handcrafted cocktails, draft microbrews and international wine. Opened in April 2013, The Bench offers comfortable furnishings, custom technology cubbies for home-style viewing and outdoor televisions so that you can catch a game or the sunset over the lake. For more information, follow us at www.facebook.com/GaithersburgMarriott.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Bench - Gaithersburg Marriott - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
The Bench - Gaithersburg Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- LacklusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Hotel restaurant feels like it is in the middle of the hotel lobby. Too loud, poor service, slow service, out of certain items listed on the menu, overpriced.Special Features:
- What Happened?MaxmillanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've gone to The Bench before and enjoyed everything about it. This time the service was laughable. There were 3 restaurant employees with 3 tables in the entire restaurant and we had to ask for everything. They sat us outdoors on an August afternoon with temps at 85 degrees. They didn't even offer a glass of water. No one came back to refill the water glasses and we only saw them smile when they came to collect a tip. Our salads were tasty and we definitely enjoyed them. Desserts were good as well but we had to prompt them to ask if we even wanted dessert.Special Features:
- dimiVIPDined on 7/25/2014The only reason we visited this place this was the only restaurant in Rio with no wait time. It was Friday night and all the good places around the lake were booked with 1hr + waiting list. What I can tell. The only good thing about this place is location, if you seat outside you look at the lake. Food was not great and overpriced, the same goes for drinks. The food came out after about an hour waiting. Highly not recommended!Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the The Bench - Gaithersburg Marriott reviews archive.
- Second Visit to The BenchSamanthaElizabethVIPDined on 6/23/2014It was slightly busier than the last time I came here. The service was slower than usual. The alcoholic beverage was stronger than last time. The food was not as good as the last time. I ordered Mini Sliders and the meat was not medium but well done. It wasn't juicy like the first time I had it. My friend ordered sea salt chips with onion dip which was delicious but slightly overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014The restaurant is about what you would expect from a hotel restaurant: Good but not great food, good but not great service, good but not great ambience, and slightly overpriced. If you are staying at the hotel and didn't feel like driving to another restaurant, it is not a bad place to eat. If your are used to eating at restaurants in Bethesda/Chevy Chase, then you will likely be disappointed. The Bench is more upscale then you will find in the chain restaurants surrounding it. However, it is not upscale dining. The server was kind, but the kitchen was slow even though they were only half-seated on a Friday at 8 pm. Other reviewer's raved about the devilled eggs--I would have to disagree. The crab cakes were decent with an excellent sauce.Special Features:
- Good location for businessReedDined on 3/6/2014Good location for business lunch - service friendly, food well prepared and quick. Good value for the money and professional atmosphere away from the hubbub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workDCdinerDined on 2/14/2014My wife and i made a last minute call to go there for dinner after seeing ok reviews on open table. I'm not sure where they came from since our experience seemed really sub-par. From the start they didn't have our reservation listed even though i had my open table reservation confirmation. That's just the start and here are another list of items that didn't go well either. 1. Food Service was really slow 2. Server was unexperienced and needed more training 3. Table wasn't cleared before serving the next round 4. Chips that were served were stale 5. Asked for fresh chips and never got them. 6. Had to grab a straw from the bar myself since service was slow and inexperienced.Special Features:
- Enjoyable1excitingplaceDined on 12/25/2013For a late date inquiry, I was very satisfied with the meal, service, and location. The price for the holiday special was very reasonable. I would definitely go for lunch, brunch, or just a go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceTomRDined on 11/22/2013My wife and I had dinner there last week and were were very pleasantly surprised by both the quality of the food and the modern, contemporary atmospphere. We shared the roasted zucchini/hummus,yoguart appetizer. My wife had a crab cake, and I had the short ribs, for our main course. For dessert, we shared the brownie mousse, in an edible choclate tulip. All were very good! Our waitress was exceptional - extremely friendly and also knowlegeable about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get The Sliders!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2013I came to Bench for lunch with my wife we got the Slider app, they were amazing. I also had the club sandwich which was great. The wife had the chicken salad which was huge with plenty of chicken. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerfirstimerDined on 10/18/2013Ambiance was fair-- it was too well lit; a tad bit dimmer would have set a better mood for a dining experience. Very comfortable seating. I would have enjoyed sitting on the patio if the weather were warmer. Service was great-- she was very attentive and extremely friendly. Drinks-- got there with just enough time to enjoy 1 glass of wine at happy hour price of $3! Appetizers-- would get the deviled eggs with crab meat on top again, but would skip the kale chips. Food-- the short rib sandwich was delicious. Dessert-- creme brulee cheesecake was awesome as well as the chocolate moose.